|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes the children for a "brisk walk"?
(a) Mrs. Constable.
(b) Mis Curry.
(d) Miss Hudson.
2. What do the characters do upon Percival's arrival in Section 4?
(a) Stand and leave.
(b) Immediately begin recalling the past.
(c) Fall silent.
(d) Stand to greet him.
3. What physical feature does Rhoda struggle to identify on others?
(a) The eyes.
(b) The face.
(c) The posture.
(d) The hands.
4. Who does Bernard refer to as "the authentics" in Section 4?
(a) Neville and Jinny.
(b) Louis and Rhoda.
(c) Susan and Rhoda.
(d) Jinny and Susan.
5. Who asserts, "One moment does not lead to another" in Section 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the speakers expresses an appreciation for natural beauty in Section 3?
2. In Section 2, Miss Lambert sits under a picture of whom?
3. Who professes, without reservation, "Life will divide us"?
4. Who instigated the kiss in the garden?
5. What significant fact does the reader learn about Bernard's life early in Section 4?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)