|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city is Bernard in the beginning of Section 4?
2. How did the character who witnesses the kiss in Section 1 react to it?
(a) With joy and excitement.
(b) By also trying to kiss Louis.
(c) With fear and despair.
(d) With anger and confusion.
3. What is the first speaker musing on at the beginning of Section 3?
(a) Whether there is an afterlife.
(b) The nature of identity.
(c) The form of waves.
(d) Classical poets.
4. Who remarks, "The world is entire, and I am outside of it . . ."?
5. What is Louis's profession when the reader encounters him in Section 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the children struggles with mathematics?
2. To what does the narrator compare the sound of the waves at the end of Section 3's beginning?
3. Who refers to all the happenings as "scuffling and hubbub"?
4. What is Louis doing upon the commencement of his major monologue in Section 3?
5. What word does Louis use to characterize himself in Section 3?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)