|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the female characters does Neville express respect for?
2. What is all that Neville possesses?
(a) A book of phrases.
(b) One bag.
(c) A bible.
(d) A large trunk.
3. What makes Jinny feel "native" in her environment?
(a) The people constantly passing her.
(b) A picture on the wall.
(c) The gaudiness of her surroundings.
(d) The music.
4. What is Susan doing when she begins her major monologue in Section 3?
(a) Walking through London.
(b) Going to sleep.
(c) Walking in the early morning.
(d) Meeting Jinny and Rhoda.
5. How old is Rhoda in Section 3?
(a) Just turned 25.
(b) Not yet 21.
(c) Just turned 19.
(d) Almost 15.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who remarks, "The world is entire, and I am outside of it . . ."?
2. Who professes, without reservation, "Life will divide us"?
3. What do the characters wish to do with the moment they share in the restaurant in Section 4?
4. Who is this Section 4's opening speaker?
5. Who "only understands cries of love, hate, rage and pain"?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)