|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does Percival's presence have on the characters when he arrives in Section 4?
(a) It causes them to leave.
(b) It confuses them.
(c) It calms them.
(d) It enrages them.
2. What significant fact does the reader learn about Bernard's life early in Section 4?
(a) He is dying.
(b) He is on his way to a funeral.
(c) He has become famous.
(d) He is engaged to be married.
3. What do the characters do upon Percival's arrival in Section 4?
(a) Fall silent.
(b) Stand and leave.
(c) Immediately begin recalling the past.
(d) Stand to greet him.
4. Who is enamored with the light caused by Miss Lambert's ring?
5. Who says, "Now let us issue from the darkness of solitude" at one point in Section 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begins Section 3?
2. What is the name of the cook at school?
3. In Section 3, what common action does Jinny find "strange"?
4. Which of the female characters seems most content with her place in life when the reader encounters her in Section 3?
5. To where does Percival travel from England?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)