|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first speaker musing on at the beginning of Section 3?
(a) The nature of identity.
(b) The form of waves.
(c) Classical poets.
(d) Whether there is an afterlife.
2. Who shifts in his seat in Section 2 so that he might catch a glimpse of Percival?
(b) Dr. Crane.
3. Who repeats variations of the phrase, "I will gather my flowers and present them--Oh! to whom?"
4. How is the singing of the birds described in Section 3's opening?
5. What is the dominant image in the beginning of Section 2?
(a) A silent forest.
(b) The sun setting.
(c) Waves on the beach as the sun rises.
(d) The sun at mid-point in the sky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who instigated the kiss in the garden?
2. To what does the narrator compare the sound of the waves at the end of Section 3's beginning?
3. How does Bernard characterize his last day at school?
4. Who remarks, "The world is entire, and I am outside of it . . ."?
5. Who does Bernard refer to as "the authentics" in Section 4?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)