|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asserts, "The words of authority are corrupted by those who speak them"?
2. Who repeats variations of the phrase, "I will gather my flowers and present them--Oh! to whom?"
3. Which of the female characters does Neville express respect for?
4. Who is fond of the "orderly progress" exhibited by the schoolboys?
(b) Dr. Crane.
5. What word best describes Rhoda's tone in Section 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to "put off my hopeless desire to be Susan, to be Jinny"?
2. What does Bernard acknowledge about his and the other boys' first night at school?
3. Who says, "Now let us issue from the darkness of solitude" at one point in Section 4?
4. What is the first speaker musing on at the beginning of Section 3?
5. Which of the speakers expresses an appreciation for natural beauty in Section 3?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)