|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Now let us issue from the darkness of solitude" at one point in Section 4?
2. Who asserts, "The words of authority are corrupted by those who speak them"?
3. Who is enamored with the light caused by Miss Lambert's ring?
4. After reading the opening to Section 4, about what time of day is it?
(b) Late afternoon.
5. How would you characterize Neville's attitude as he waits for the others to arrive in Section 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the italicized prose at the beginning of the first section describe?
2. What are the boys doing when the monologues in Section 2 return to their perspective?
3. Which subject do the children appear to have a strong grasp of?
4. What physical feature does Rhoda struggle to identify on others?
5. Which of the characters muses on a book that he wishes to keep when he is older?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)