|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Rhoda in Section 3?
(a) Almost 15.
(b) Not yet 21.
(c) Just turned 25.
(d) Just turned 19.
2. How did the character who witnesses the kiss in Section 1 react to it?
(a) With joy and excitement.
(b) With anger and confusion.
(c) By also trying to kiss Louis.
(d) With fear and despair.
3. Who professes, without reservation, "Life will divide us"?
4. Who repeats variations of the phrase, "I will gather my flowers and present them--Oh! to whom?"
5. Which character closes Section 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wolfe describe the birds' song at the beginning of the first section?
2. Who utters Section 4's final words, "Now Percival is gone"?
3. What word best describes Rhoda's tone in Section 1?
4. Who is the first of the female speakers in Section 3?
5. Who decides to "put off my hopeless desire to be Susan, to be Jinny"?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)