|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which poet does Bernard compare himself to the point of attempting imitation in Section 3?
(a) Robert Burns.
(b) John Keats.
(c) Lord Byron.
(d) Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
2. To where does Percival travel from England?
(a) To America.
(b) To Africa.
(c) To India.
(d) To Australia.
3. What makes Jinny feel "native" in her environment?
(a) A picture on the wall.
(b) The people constantly passing her.
(c) The gaudiness of her surroundings.
(d) The music.
4. How old is Rhoda in Section 3?
(a) Just turned 25.
(b) Not yet 21.
(c) Almost 15.
(d) Just turned 19.
5. In Section 3, what common action does Jinny find "strange"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Rhoda in Section 1 that someone has arrived to pick her up?
2. When he is alone, who "is nothing" in Section 4?
3. What are the boys doing when the monologues in Section 2 return to their perspective?
4. Whose "mind is far too complex to be roused by any single activity"?
5. What does Neville declare himself to be in Section 3?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)