|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the dominant image in the beginning of Section 2?
(a) A silent forest.
(b) Waves on the beach as the sun rises.
(c) The sun at mid-point in the sky.
(d) The sun setting.
2. Who arrives to pick up Rhoda at the end of Section 1?
(c) Her Aunt.
(d) Miss Hudson.
3. Who takes the children for a "brisk walk"?
(a) Mis Curry.
(b) Mrs. Constable.
(c) Miss Hudson.
4. With what is Neville most unhappy as he appears in Section 4?
(a) That Percival has not yet arrived.
(b) That his food is cold.
(c) That Susan does not love him as he loves her.
(d) That Bernard is rude to him.
5. What does Bernard describe during his first line of monologue?
(a) A spider's web.
(b) A globe.
(c) Fruity smells.
(d) An elephant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shifts in his seat in Section 2 so that he might catch a glimpse of Percival?
2. Who is picking flowers alone in the novel's first section?
3. Who is the first of the female speakers in Section 3?
4. What does Bernard acknowledge about his and the other boys' first night at school?
5. Who is enamored with the light caused by Miss Lambert's ring?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)