|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which poet does Bernard compare himself to the point of attempting imitation in Section 3?
(a) Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
(b) Robert Burns.
(c) John Keats.
(d) Lord Byron.
2. To where does Percival travel from England?
(a) To America.
(b) To Africa.
(c) To Australia.
(d) To India.
3. Who instigated the kiss in the garden?
4. Who utters Section 4's final words, "Now Percival is gone"?
5. What does Bernard acknowledge about his and the other boys' first night at school?
(a) That it is the first time apart from their sisters.
(b) That it is the first time sleeping in a new place.
(c) That it is the first time apart from their parents.
(d) That it is the first time far from home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who remarks, "The world is entire, and I am outside of it . . ."?
2. When he is alone, who "is nothing" in Section 4?
3. Who asserts, "The words of authority are corrupted by those who speak them"?
4. Who is the first character to speak?
5. Who says, "I am one person--myself"?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)