|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hears "something stamping"?
2. What is the dominant image in the beginning of Section 2?
(a) The sun at mid-point in the sky.
(b) The sun setting.
(c) A silent forest.
(d) Waves on the beach as the sun rises.
3. What is the first speaker musing on at the beginning of Section 3?
(a) Classical poets.
(b) Whether there is an afterlife.
(c) The form of waves.
(d) The nature of identity.
4. What "ceremony" does Bernard dislike so much?
(a) Going to school.
(b) Having a family dinner.
(c) Formal farewells.
(d) Celebrating holidays.
5. Who professes that Bernard looks composed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who provides an elaborate description of bathing at the end of the day?
2. Who is enamored with the light caused by Miss Lambert's ring?
3. Which of the girls is first to speak in Section 2?
4. Who utters Section 4's final words, "Now Percival is gone"?
5. In what city is Bernard in the beginning of Section 4?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)