|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wolfe describe the birds' song at the beginning of the first section?
(a) "Like the chiming of bells."
(b) "Barely audible."
(c) "A blank melody outside."
(d) "A disruptive cacophony."
2. How did the character who witnesses the kiss in Section 1 react to it?
(a) With joy and excitement.
(b) With fear and despair.
(c) By also trying to kiss Louis.
(d) With anger and confusion.
3. What do the characters wish to do with the moment they share in the restaurant in Section 4?
(a) Meditate on it.
(b) Cherish it.
(c) Forget it.
(d) Tarnish it.
4. In Section 2, Miss Lambert sits under a picture of whom?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Queen Victoria.
(c) King James I.
(d) Queen Alexandra.
5. Why is one of the characters not permitted to go on the walk in Section 1?
(a) The character has to finish grammar exercises.
(b) The character is considered too sickly.
(c) The character has to picked up by an aunt.
(d) The character has to go to the playing fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is not permitted to go on the walk?
2. Who asserts, "The words of authority are corrupted by those who speak them"?
3. Who does Bernard refer to as "the authentics" in Section 4?
4. Who witnessed the kiss in the garden through a chink in the hedge in Section 1?
5. What word does Louis use to characterize himself in Section 3?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)