|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the children struggles with mathematics?
2. Who kissed Louis in the garden?
3. What makes Jinny feel "native" in her environment?
(a) The music.
(b) A picture on the wall.
(c) The people constantly passing her.
(d) The gaudiness of her surroundings.
4. To what does the narrator compare the sound of the waves at the end of Section 3's beginning?
(a) Turbaned warriors.
(b) Mongol hordes.
(c) Roman soldiers.
(d) British infantry.
5. What is the name of the cook at school?
(a) Miss Curry.
(b) Miss Hudson.
(d) Miss Lambert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boys' headmaster?
2. What effect does Percival's presence have on the characters when he arrives in Section 4?
3. Which of the characters muses on a book that he wishes to keep when he is older?
4. Who is the first of the female speakers in Section 3?
5. What physical feature does Rhoda struggle to identify on others?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)