|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the narrator compare the sound of the waves at the end of Section 3's beginning?
(a) Mongol hordes.
(b) Roman soldiers.
(c) British infantry.
(d) Turbaned warriors.
2. Who instigated the kiss in the garden?
3. What are the boys doing when the monologues in Section 2 return to their perspective?
(a) Heading to classes.
(b) Going to chapel.
(c) Walking to lunch.
(d) Playing at recess.
4. Who shifts in his seat in Section 2 so that he might catch a glimpse of Percival?
(a) Dr. Crane.
5. What image is Susan reminded of at the end of her monologue in Section 3?
(a) A sermon in church.
(b) The waves crashing on the beach.
(c) Jinny kissing Louis.
(d) The estate at Elvedon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to "put off my hopeless desire to be Susan, to be Jinny"?
2. Who professes that Bernard looks composed?
3. How does Rhoda characterize herself at the end of Section 3?
4. Who remarks, "The world is entire, and I am outside of it . . ."?
5. Why have the characters gathered in Section 4?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)