|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about what day it is at the end of Section 2?
(a) It is the boys' last day at school.
(b) It is the last day of summer.
(c) It is the last day of the boys' first term at school.
(d) It is the boys' first day of their second year at school.
2. Who is picking flowers alone in the novel's first section?
3. Who begins Section 3?
4. Which of the female characters seems most content with her place in life when the reader encounters her in Section 3?
(a) Miss Lambert.
5. Who utters Section 4's final words, "Now Percival is gone"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the singing of the birds described in Section 3's opening?
2. In Section 4, how would you characterize the characters' attitude towards each other?
3. How does Rhoda react to the party in Section 3?
4. Who tells Rhoda in Section 1 that someone has arrived to pick her up?
5. Who witnessed the kiss in the garden through a chink in the hedge in Section 1?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)