|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who remarks, "The world is entire, and I am outside of it . . ."?
2. How is the singing of the birds described in Section 3's opening?
3. What is Bernard doing at the beginning of Section 3?
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Meeting Susan.
(c) Talking to Percival.
(d) Writing a letter.
4. How does Bernard characterize his last day at school?
(a) As ambiguous in significance.
(b) One final ceremony.
(c) An occasion for laughter.
(d) An occasion for tears.
5. After reading the opening to Section 4, about what time of day is it?
(b) Late afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is not permitted to go on the walk?
2. Who takes the children for a "brisk walk"?
3. What is the dominant image in the beginning of Section 2?
4. What are the boys doing when the monologues in Section 2 return to their perspective?
5. Which of the children struggles with mathematics?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)