|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the singing of the birds described in Section 3's opening?
2. How does Bernard characterize his last day at school?
(a) An occasion for laughter.
(b) As ambiguous in significance.
(c) An occasion for tears.
(d) One final ceremony.
3. What significant fact does the reader learn about Bernard's life early in Section 4?
(a) He is engaged to be married.
(b) He is on his way to a funeral.
(c) He has become famous.
(d) He is dying.
4. What is all that Neville possesses?
(a) A large trunk.
(b) One bag.
(c) A bible.
(d) A book of phrases.
5. Which of the girls is first to speak in Section 2?
(c) Miss Lambert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What image is Susan reminded of at the end of her monologue in Section 3?
2. What does Neville declare himself to be in Section 3?
3. Who does Bernard refer to as "the authentics" in Section 4?
4. To what does the narrator compare the sound of the waves at the end of Section 3's beginning?
5. Who is the first character to speak?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)