|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Louis doing upon the commencement of his major monologue in Section 3?
(b) Reading and eating.
(c) Meeting Bernard and Neville.
(d) Meeting Susan.
2. To what does the narrator compare the sound of the waves at the end of Section 3's beginning?
(a) Turbaned warriors.
(b) Roman soldiers.
(c) Mongol hordes.
(d) British infantry.
3. Who is the first character to speak?
4. What physical feature does Rhoda struggle to identify on others?
(a) The hands.
(b) The eyes.
(c) The face.
(d) The posture.
5. Which of the children struggles with mathematics?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernard describe during his first line of monologue?
2. What is the first speaker musing on at the beginning of Section 3?
3. In what city is Bernard in the beginning of Section 4?
4. Who repeats variations of the phrase, "I will gather my flowers and present them--Oh! to whom?"
5. Who did Bernard seek to comfort during Section 1?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)