|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Bernard seek to comfort during Section 1?
2. With what is Neville most unhappy as he appears in Section 4?
(a) That Bernard is rude to him.
(b) That Susan does not love him as he loves her.
(c) That his food is cold.
(d) That Percival has not yet arrived.
3. After reading the opening to Section 4, about what time of day is it?
(c) Late afternoon.
4. Who repeats variations of the phrase, "I will gather my flowers and present them--Oh! to whom?"
5. Which of the female characters seems most content with her place in life when the reader encounters her in Section 3?
(b) Miss Lambert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Neville declare himself to be in Section 3?
2. When he is alone, who "is nothing" in Section 4?
3. What do the characters wish to do with the moment they share in the restaurant in Section 4?
4. How would you characterize Neville's attitude as he waits for the others to arrive in Section 4?
5. Who begins Section 3?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)