|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which subject do the children appear to have a strong grasp of?
(b) English Grammar.
2. What significant fact does the reader learn about Bernard's life early in Section 4?
(a) He has become famous.
(b) He is dying.
(c) He is engaged to be married.
(d) He is on his way to a funeral.
3. To which poet does Bernard compare himself to the point of attempting imitation in Section 3?
(a) John Keats.
(b) Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
(c) Lord Byron.
(d) Robert Burns.
4. Who refers to all the happenings as "scuffling and hubbub"?
5. Who kissed Louis in the garden?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refers to "sudden kisses" as a "crudity"?
2. What "ceremony" does Bernard dislike so much?
3. Who is this Section 4's opening speaker?
4. What does Bernard acknowledge about his and the other boys' first night at school?
5. How does Wolfe describe the birds' song at the beginning of the first section?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)