|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Susan doing when she begins her major monologue in Section 3?
(a) Meeting Jinny and Rhoda.
(b) Walking through London.
(c) Going to sleep.
(d) Walking in the early morning.
2. What word best describes Rhoda's tone in Section 1?
3. How does Bernard characterize his last day at school?
(a) One final ceremony.
(b) As ambiguous in significance.
(c) An occasion for tears.
(d) An occasion for laughter.
4. What does Bernard acknowledge about his and the other boys' first night at school?
(a) That it is the first time apart from their sisters.
(b) That it is the first time apart from their parents.
(c) That it is the first time sleeping in a new place.
(d) That it is the first time far from home.
5. Which of the children struggles with mathematics?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is primarily focused on appearances early in Section 2?
2. What are the boys doing when the monologues in Section 2 return to their perspective?
3. Which of the female characters does Neville express respect for?
4. How does Rhoda react to the party in Section 3?
5. What word does Louis use to characterize himself in Section 3?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)