|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is enamored with the light caused by Miss Lambert's ring?
2. Who is primarily focused on appearances early in Section 2?
3. Why is one of the characters not permitted to go on the walk in Section 1?
(a) The character has to picked up by an aunt.
(b) The character has to finish grammar exercises.
(c) The character is considered too sickly.
(d) The character has to go to the playing fields.
4. What are the children doing as the novel begins?
(a) Waking up.
(b) Saying grace before dinner.
(c) Going to bed.
(d) Playing in the garden.
5. What is Louis's profession when the reader encounters him in Section 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about what day it is at the end of Section 2?
2. Which character opens Section 2's monologues?
3. Which of the speakers expresses an appreciation for natural beauty in Section 3?
4. Who begins Section 3?
5. Who provides an elaborate description of bathing at the end of the day?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)