|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes Rhoda's tone in Section 1?
2. What is the name of the cook at school?
(a) Miss Lambert.
(b) Miss Curry.
(c) Miss Hudson.
3. What does Bernard acknowledge about his and the other boys' first night at school?
(a) That it is the first time sleeping in a new place.
(b) That it is the first time apart from their parents.
(c) That it is the first time far from home.
(d) That it is the first time apart from their sisters.
4. Which character closes Section 2?
5. Who does Bernard refer to as a "drunken sailor?"
(b) Dr. Crane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Bernard seek to comfort during Section 1?
2. Which of the characters muses on a book that he wishes to keep when he is older?
3. What is significant about what day it is at the end of Section 2?
4. How does Rhoda characterize herself at the end of Section 3?
5. Which of the female characters seems most content with her place in life when the reader encounters her in Section 3?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)