|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernard acknowledge about his and the other boys' first night at school?
(a) That it is the first time sleeping in a new place.
(b) That it is the first time far from home.
(c) That it is the first time apart from their parents.
(d) That it is the first time apart from their sisters.
2. What are the children doing as the novel begins?
(a) Saying grace before dinner.
(b) Going to bed.
(c) Waking up.
(d) Playing in the garden.
3. Who kissed Louis in the garden?
4. How does Bernard characterize his last day at school?
(a) One final ceremony.
(b) As ambiguous in significance.
(c) An occasion for tears.
(d) An occasion for laughter.
5. Who is not permitted to go on the walk?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who remarks, "The world is entire, and I am outside of it . . ."?
2. How did the character who witnesses the kiss in Section 1 react to it?
3. Who refers to "sudden kisses" as a "crudity"?
4. Which of the characters muses on a book that he wishes to keep when he is older?
5. Who arrives to pick up Rhoda at the end of Section 1?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)