|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is all that Neville possesses?
(a) A bible.
(b) A large trunk.
(c) A book of phrases.
(d) One bag.
2. What is Susan doing when she begins her major monologue in Section 3?
(a) Going to sleep.
(b) Walking in the early morning.
(c) Meeting Jinny and Rhoda.
(d) Walking through London.
3. What does the italicized prose at the beginning of the first section describe?
(a) The clouds covering the sun.
(b) The moon rising in the sky.
(c) The sun at midday.
(d) A day yet to begin.
4. How does Bernard characterize his last day at school?
(a) One final ceremony.
(b) An occasion for laughter.
(c) An occasion for tears.
(d) As ambiguous in significance.
5. How old is Rhoda in Section 3?
(a) Just turned 25.
(b) Not yet 21.
(c) Just turned 19.
(d) Almost 15.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is one of the characters not permitted to go on the walk in Section 1?
2. Who kissed Louis in the garden?
3. Who takes the children for a "brisk walk"?
4. How does Rhoda react to the party in Section 3?
5. How is the singing of the birds described in Section 3's opening?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)