|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Louis use to characterize himself in Section 3?
2. Which character closes Section 2?
3. What is the dominant image in the beginning of Section 2?
(a) The sun at mid-point in the sky.
(b) The sun setting.
(c) Waves on the beach as the sun rises.
(d) A silent forest.
4. How old is Rhoda in Section 3?
(a) Not yet 21.
(b) Just turned 19.
(c) Just turned 25.
(d) Almost 15.
5. Who asserts, "The words of authority are corrupted by those who speak them"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Rhoda in Section 1 that someone has arrived to pick her up?
2. Who provides an elaborate description of bathing at the end of the day?
3. How does Rhoda characterize herself at the end of Section 3?
4. What "ceremony" does Bernard dislike so much?
5. Who repeats variations of the phrase, "I will gather my flowers and present them--Oh! to whom?"
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)