|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Rhoda in Section 1 that someone has arrived to pick her up?
(d) Mrs. Constable.
2. What is Susan doing when she begins her major monologue in Section 3?
(a) Going to sleep.
(b) Walking through London.
(c) Walking in the early morning.
(d) Meeting Jinny and Rhoda.
3. What word does Louis use to characterize himself in Section 3?
4. What makes Jinny feel "native" in her environment?
(a) A picture on the wall.
(b) The gaudiness of her surroundings.
(c) The music.
(d) The people constantly passing her.
5. Who professes that Bernard looks composed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I am one person--myself"?
2. Who is the first character to speak?
3. How does Rhoda characterize herself at the end of Section 3?
4. Whose "mind is far too complex to be roused by any single activity"?
5. What "ceremony" does Bernard dislike so much?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)