|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which subject do the children appear to have a strong grasp of?
(a) English Grammar.
2. What word best describes Rhoda's tone in Section 1?
3. What is the dominant image in the beginning of Section 2?
(a) Waves on the beach as the sun rises.
(b) A silent forest.
(c) The sun at mid-point in the sky.
(d) The sun setting.
4. Who is fond of the "orderly progress" exhibited by the schoolboys?
(c) Dr. Crane.
5. What are the boys doing when the monologues in Section 2 return to their perspective?
(a) Playing at recess.
(b) Heading to classes.
(c) Going to chapel.
(d) Walking to lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I am one person--myself"?
2. Whose "mind is far too complex to be roused by any single activity"?
3. Who provides an elaborate description of bathing at the end of the day?
4. Which of the children struggles with mathematics?
5. Who kissed Louis in the garden?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)