|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Louis doing upon the commencement of his major monologue in Section 3?
(b) Reading and eating.
(c) Meeting Susan.
(d) Meeting Bernard and Neville.
2. Who is enamored with the light caused by Miss Lambert's ring?
3. Who tells Rhoda in Section 1 that someone has arrived to pick her up?
(d) Mrs. Constable.
4. In Section 3, what common action does Jinny find "strange"?
5. What is the dominant image in the beginning of Section 2?
(a) Waves on the beach as the sun rises.
(b) A silent forest.
(c) The sun setting.
(d) The sun at mid-point in the sky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Bernard seek to comfort during Section 1?
2. Which of the girls is first to speak in Section 2?
3. Who professes that Bernard looks composed?
4. Why is one of the characters not permitted to go on the walk in Section 1?
5. How is the singing of the birds described in Section 3's opening?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)