|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hears "something stamping"?
2. Who refers to "sudden kisses" as a "crudity"?
3. To what does the narrator compare the sound of the waves at the end of Section 3's beginning?
(a) Turbaned warriors.
(b) British infantry.
(c) Mongol hordes.
(d) Roman soldiers.
4. How did the character who witnesses the kiss in Section 1 react to it?
(a) With fear and despair.
(b) With anger and confusion.
(c) By also trying to kiss Louis.
(d) With joy and excitement.
5. What is all that Neville possesses?
(a) One bag.
(b) A bible.
(c) A book of phrases.
(d) A large trunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who witnessed the kiss in the garden through a chink in the hedge in Section 1?
2. Who decides to "put off my hopeless desire to be Susan, to be Jinny"?
3. Which of the characters muses on a book that he wishes to keep when he is older?
4. How does Bernard characterize his last day at school?
5. Which character closes Section 2?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)