|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the singing of the birds described in Section 3's opening?
2. Who arrives to pick up Rhoda at the end of Section 1?
(c) Her Aunt.
(d) Miss Hudson.
3. What is Louis's profession when the reader encounters him in Section 3?
4. How does Rhoda characterize herself at the end of Section 3?
(a) As a lover.
(b) As a woman.
(c) As a fighter.
(d) As a girl.
5. To what does the narrator compare the sound of the waves at the end of Section 3's beginning?
(a) Mongol hordes.
(b) British infantry.
(c) Turbaned warriors.
(d) Roman soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is enamored with the light caused by Miss Lambert's ring?
2. Whose "mind is far too complex to be roused by any single activity"?
3. How old is Rhoda in Section 3?
4. Who says, "I am one person--myself"?
5. What is the name of the boys' headmaster?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)