|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is fond of the "orderly progress" exhibited by the schoolboys?
(c) Dr. Crane.
2. Who professes that Bernard looks composed?
3. Who professes, without reservation, "Life will divide us"?
4. To what does the narrator compare the sound of the waves at the end of Section 3's beginning?
(a) British infantry.
(b) Roman soldiers.
(c) Mongol hordes.
(d) Turbaned warriors.
5. Who is the first of the female speakers in Section 3?
(d) Miss Lambert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is picking flowers alone in the novel's first section?
2. How did the character who witnesses the kiss in Section 1 react to it?
3. Which character opens Section 2's monologues?
4. What does the italicized prose at the beginning of the first section describe?
5. What word best describes Rhoda's tone in Section 1?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)