|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes Rhoda's tone in Section 1?
2. To what does the narrator compare the sound of the waves at the end of Section 3's beginning?
(a) Turbaned warriors.
(b) British infantry.
(c) Mongol hordes.
(d) Roman soldiers.
3. Who arrives to pick up Rhoda at the end of Section 1?
(c) Miss Hudson.
(d) Her Aunt.
4. Who is not permitted to go on the walk?
5. What is Louis doing upon the commencement of his major monologue in Section 3?
(b) Meeting Susan.
(c) Reading and eating.
(d) Meeting Bernard and Neville.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the italicized prose at the beginning of the first section describe?
2. How did the character who witnesses the kiss in Section 1 react to it?
3. How does Rhoda react to the party in Section 3?
4. Who instigated the kiss in the garden?
5. What physical feature does Rhoda struggle to identify on others?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)