|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wolfe describe the birds' song at the beginning of the first section?
(a) "A blank melody outside."
(b) "Like the chiming of bells."
(c) "Barely audible."
(d) "A disruptive cacophony."
2. Who kissed Louis in the garden?
3. Which of the female characters seems most content with her place in life when the reader encounters her in Section 3?
(a) Miss Lambert.
4. Which of the speakers expresses an appreciation for natural beauty in Section 3?
5. What is significant about what day it is at the end of Section 2?
(a) It is the last day of summer.
(b) It is the boys' first day of their second year at school.
(c) It is the last day of the boys' first term at school.
(d) It is the boys' last day at school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernard describe during his first line of monologue?
2. What word best describes Rhoda's tone in Section 1?
3. Which character closes Section 2?
4. Who is fond of the "orderly progress" exhibited by the schoolboys?
5. Which subject do the children appear to have a strong grasp of?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)