|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the characters muses on a book that he wishes to keep when he is older?
2. Who says, "I am one person--myself"?
3. How does Bernard characterize his last day at school?
(a) An occasion for laughter.
(b) One final ceremony.
(c) As ambiguous in significance.
(d) An occasion for tears.
4. Which of the female characters does Neville express respect for?
5. What word does Louis use to characterize himself in Section 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the children doing as the novel begins?
2. What does Bernard acknowledge about his and the other boys' first night at school?
3. What is Susan doing when she begins her major monologue in Section 3?
4. What word best describes Rhoda's tone in Section 1?
5. How does Wolfe describe the birds' song at the beginning of the first section?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)