|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Bernard seek to comfort during Section 1?
2. To what does the narrator compare the sound of the waves at the end of Section 3's beginning?
(a) British infantry.
(b) Mongol hordes.
(c) Roman soldiers.
(d) Turbaned warriors.
3. What word does Louis use to characterize himself in Section 3?
4. Who provides an elaborate description of bathing at the end of the day?
5. Which of the female characters does Neville express respect for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes the children for a "brisk walk"?
2. What is Louis's profession when the reader encounters him in Section 3?
3. What is all that Neville possesses?
4. What is Louis doing upon the commencement of his major monologue in Section 3?
5. Who tells Rhoda in Section 1 that someone has arrived to pick her up?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)