|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernard describe during his first line of monologue?
(a) A spider's web.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A globe.
(d) Fruity smells.
2. Which subject do the children appear to have a strong grasp of?
(a) English Grammar.
3. Who is not permitted to go on the walk?
4. How does Wolfe describe the birds' song at the beginning of the first section?
(a) "A disruptive cacophony."
(b) "Like the chiming of bells."
(c) "A blank melody outside."
(d) "Barely audible."
5. How did the character who witnesses the kiss in Section 1 react to it?
(a) With anger and confusion.
(b) By also trying to kiss Louis.
(c) With fear and despair.
(d) With joy and excitement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to "put off my hopeless desire to be Susan, to be Jinny"?
2. Who is picking flowers alone in the novel's first section?
3. Who refers to all the happenings as "scuffling and hubbub"?
4. Who refers to "sudden kisses" as a "crudity"?
5. Who professes, without reservation, "Life will divide us"?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)