|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is one of the characters not permitted to go on the walk in Section 1?
(a) The character is considered too sickly.
(b) The character has to finish grammar exercises.
(c) The character has to go to the playing fields.
(d) The character has to picked up by an aunt.
2. Who is the first character to speak?
3. Who professes, without reservation, "Life will divide us"?
4. Who remarks, "The world is entire, and I am outside of it . . ."?
5. What does Bernard describe during his first line of monologue?
(a) An elephant.
(b) Fruity smells.
(c) A spider's web.
(d) A globe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the girls is first to speak in Section 2?
2. What does the italicized prose at the beginning of the first section describe?
3. Who is enamored with the light caused by Miss Lambert's ring?
4. Who kissed Louis in the garden?
5. What are the children doing as the novel begins?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)