|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refers to "sudden kisses" as a "crudity"?
2. Which subject do the children appear to have a strong grasp of?
(b) English Grammar.
3. What are the children doing as the novel begins?
(a) Saying grace before dinner.
(b) Going to bed.
(c) Waking up.
(d) Playing in the garden.
4. Which of the characters muses on a book that he wishes to keep when he is older?
5. Who does Bernard refer to as a "drunken sailor?"
(a) Dr. Crane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is one of the characters not permitted to go on the walk in Section 1?
2. Who is picking flowers alone in the novel's first section?
3. What does Bernard describe during his first line of monologue?
4. Who decides to "put off my hopeless desire to be Susan, to be Jinny"?
5. Who takes the children for a "brisk walk"?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)