|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bernard characterize his last day at school?
(a) An occasion for laughter.
(b) As ambiguous in significance.
(c) One final ceremony.
(d) An occasion for tears.
2. Who is picking flowers alone in the novel's first section?
3. Who tells Rhoda in Section 1 that someone has arrived to pick her up?
(d) Mrs. Constable.
4. Who is the first character to speak?
5. What are the children doing as the novel begins?
(a) Saying grace before dinner.
(b) Playing in the garden.
(c) Going to bed.
(d) Waking up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to "put off my hopeless desire to be Susan, to be Jinny"?
2. Who is primarily focused on appearances early in Section 2?
3. Who arrives to pick up Rhoda at the end of Section 1?
4. What "ceremony" does Bernard dislike so much?
5. Who provides an elaborate description of bathing at the end of the day?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)