|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes the children for a "brisk walk"?
(a) Mrs. Constable.
(c) Miss Hudson.
(d) Mis Curry.
2. What "ceremony" does Bernard dislike so much?
(a) Having a family dinner.
(b) Going to school.
(c) Formal farewells.
(d) Celebrating holidays.
3. What word best describes Rhoda's tone in Section 1?
4. How does Bernard characterize his last day at school?
(a) An occasion for tears.
(b) An occasion for laughter.
(c) One final ceremony.
(d) As ambiguous in significance.
5. Who instigated the kiss in the garden?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Rhoda in Section 1 that someone has arrived to pick her up?
2. Which character opens Section 2's monologues?
3. Why is one of the characters not permitted to go on the walk in Section 1?
4. Who is not permitted to go on the walk?
5. Who is fond of the "orderly progress" exhibited by the schoolboys?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)