|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the character who witnesses the kiss in Section 1 react to it?
(a) By also trying to kiss Louis.
(b) With joy and excitement.
(c) With fear and despair.
(d) With anger and confusion.
2. What "ceremony" does Bernard dislike so much?
(a) Going to school.
(b) Having a family dinner.
(c) Formal farewells.
(d) Celebrating holidays.
3. Who is picking flowers alone in the novel's first section?
4. Who professes, without reservation, "Life will divide us"?
5. How does Bernard characterize his last day at school?
(a) An occasion for laughter.
(b) One final ceremony.
(c) An occasion for tears.
(d) As ambiguous in significance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the boys doing when the monologues in Section 2 return to their perspective?
2. Who is the first character to speak?
3. What is the name of the cook at school?
4. Who did Bernard seek to comfort during Section 1?
5. What is significant about what day it is at the end of Section 2?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)