|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the dominant image in the beginning of Section 2?
(a) Waves on the beach as the sun rises.
(b) The sun at mid-point in the sky.
(c) The sun setting.
(d) A silent forest.
2. Who shifts in his seat in Section 2 so that he might catch a glimpse of Percival?
(b) Dr. Crane.
3. Which character opens Section 2's monologues?
4. How did the character who witnesses the kiss in Section 1 react to it?
(a) By also trying to kiss Louis.
(b) With anger and confusion.
(c) With fear and despair.
(d) With joy and excitement.
5. What is significant about what day it is at the end of Section 2?
(a) It is the boys' first day of their second year at school.
(b) It is the last day of summer.
(c) It is the boys' last day at school.
(d) It is the last day of the boys' first term at school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the italicized prose at the beginning of the first section describe?
2. Who is fond of the "orderly progress" exhibited by the schoolboys?
3. Who professes, without reservation, "Life will divide us"?
4. Which of the children struggles with mathematics?
5. Who is primarily focused on appearances early in Section 2?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)