|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "ceremony" does Bernard dislike so much?
(a) Formal farewells.
(b) Having a family dinner.
(c) Going to school.
(d) Celebrating holidays.
2. Who provides an elaborate description of bathing at the end of the day?
3. Who is picking flowers alone in the novel's first section?
4. What is significant about what day it is at the end of Section 2?
(a) It is the last day of the boys' first term at school.
(b) It is the boys' last day at school.
(c) It is the boys' first day of their second year at school.
(d) It is the last day of summer.
5. What does Bernard acknowledge about his and the other boys' first night at school?
(a) That it is the first time far from home.
(b) That it is the first time sleeping in a new place.
(c) That it is the first time apart from their sisters.
(d) That it is the first time apart from their parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Rhoda in Section 1 that someone has arrived to pick her up?
2. Who repeats variations of the phrase, "I will gather my flowers and present them--Oh! to whom?"
3. Who is primarily focused on appearances early in Section 2?
4. Who decides to "put off my hopeless desire to be Susan, to be Jinny"?
5. In Section 2, Miss Lambert sits under a picture of whom?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)