|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the cook at school?
(a) Miss Curry.
(c) Miss Lambert.
(d) Miss Hudson.
2. In Section 2, Miss Lambert sits under a picture of whom?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Queen Alexandra.
(c) King James I.
(d) Queen Victoria.
3. What is all that Neville possesses?
(a) A large trunk.
(b) A book of phrases.
(c) One bag.
(d) A bible.
4. How does Wolfe describe the birds' song at the beginning of the first section?
(a) "Barely audible."
(b) "A disruptive cacophony."
(c) "Like the chiming of bells."
(d) "A blank melody outside."
5. Which of the children struggles with mathematics?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the italicized prose at the beginning of the first section describe?
2. What are the boys doing when the monologues in Section 2 return to their perspective?
3. Who is not permitted to go on the walk?
4. Who refers to all the happenings as "scuffling and hubbub"?
5. Who asserts, "The words of authority are corrupted by those who speak them"?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)