|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is all that Neville possesses?
(a) A book of phrases.
(b) One bag.
(c) A bible.
(d) A large trunk.
2. What are the children doing as the novel begins?
(a) Waking up.
(b) Playing in the garden.
(c) Going to bed.
(d) Saying grace before dinner.
3. Who takes the children for a "brisk walk"?
(a) Mrs. Constable.
(c) Miss Hudson.
(d) Mis Curry.
4. Who decides to "put off my hopeless desire to be Susan, to be Jinny"?
(c) Mrs. Constable.
5. What does Bernard describe during his first line of monologue?
(a) Fruity smells.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A spider's web.
(d) A globe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes Rhoda's tone in Section 1?
2. What "ceremony" does Bernard dislike so much?
3. What are the boys doing when the monologues in Section 2 return to their perspective?
4. Who arrives to pick up Rhoda at the end of Section 1?
5. Who hears "something stamping"?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)