|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the children doing as the novel begins?
(a) Saying grace before dinner.
(b) Going to bed.
(c) Waking up.
(d) Playing in the garden.
2. What word best describes Rhoda's tone in Section 1?
3. How does Bernard characterize his last day at school?
(a) An occasion for laughter.
(b) As ambiguous in significance.
(c) An occasion for tears.
(d) One final ceremony.
4. What does Bernard acknowledge about his and the other boys' first night at school?
(a) That it is the first time far from home.
(b) That it is the first time sleeping in a new place.
(c) That it is the first time apart from their parents.
(d) That it is the first time apart from their sisters.
5. Who is enamored with the light caused by Miss Lambert's ring?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bernard refer to as a "drunken sailor?"
2. Which character closes Section 2?
3. Who refers to "sudden kisses" as a "crudity"?
4. How does Wolfe describe the birds' song at the beginning of the first section?
5. Who tells Rhoda in Section 1 that someone has arrived to pick her up?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)