|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the italicized prose at the beginning of the first section describe?
(a) The clouds covering the sun.
(b) A day yet to begin.
(c) The moon rising in the sky.
(d) The sun at midday.
2. What "ceremony" does Bernard dislike so much?
(a) Going to school.
(b) Celebrating holidays.
(c) Formal farewells.
(d) Having a family dinner.
3. What is the dominant image in the beginning of Section 2?
(a) Waves on the beach as the sun rises.
(b) A silent forest.
(c) The sun setting.
(d) The sun at mid-point in the sky.
4. Who professes that Bernard looks composed?
5. Who repeats variations of the phrase, "I will gather my flowers and present them--Oh! to whom?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernard describe during his first line of monologue?
2. How does Wolfe describe the birds' song at the beginning of the first section?
3. Why is one of the characters not permitted to go on the walk in Section 1?
4. In Section 2, Miss Lambert sits under a picture of whom?
5. How did the character who witnesses the kiss in Section 1 react to it?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)