|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wolfe describe the birds' song at the beginning of the first section?
(a) "Barely audible."
(b) "A blank melody outside."
(c) "A disruptive cacophony."
(d) "Like the chiming of bells."
2. Which of the characters muses on a book that he wishes to keep when he is older?
3. Which of the girls is first to speak in Section 2?
(a) Miss Lambert.
4. Who is not permitted to go on the walk?
5. Who tells Rhoda in Section 1 that someone has arrived to pick her up?
(a) Mrs. Constable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about what day it is at the end of Section 2?
2. What is the dominant image in the beginning of Section 2?
3. Who is enamored with the light caused by Miss Lambert's ring?
4. How did the character who witnesses the kiss in Section 1 react to it?
5. Who shifts in his seat in Section 2 so that he might catch a glimpse of Percival?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)