|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is picking flowers alone in the novel's first section?
2. Which of the characters muses on a book that he wishes to keep when he is older?
3. Who remarks, "The world is entire, and I am outside of it . . ."?
4. Who does Bernard refer to as a "drunken sailor?"
(b) Dr. Crane.
5. What are the children doing as the novel begins?
(a) Going to bed.
(b) Playing in the garden.
(c) Saying grace before dinner.
(d) Waking up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes Rhoda's tone in Section 1?
2. Who hears "something stamping"?
3. How did the character who witnesses the kiss in Section 1 react to it?
4. How does Wolfe describe the birds' song at the beginning of the first section?
5. What are the boys doing when the monologues in Section 2 return to their perspective?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)