|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do we learn from Bernard about Rhoda in Section 9?
(a) She died in her sleep, at peace.
(b) She has been married.
(c) She committed suicide.
(d) She has had a daughter.
2. What is most notable about Jinny's Section 6 monologue?
(a) She speaks solely about herself and Percival.
(b) She does not mention any of the other characters.
(c) She does not mention the children she has.
(d) She speaks in iambic pentameter.
3. Who does Bernard refer to as "the authentics" in Section 4?
(a) Susan and Rhoda.
(b) Neville and Jinny.
(c) Jinny and Susan.
(d) Louis and Rhoda.
4. To what does the narrator compare the sound of the waves at the end of Section 3's beginning?
(a) Turbaned warriors.
(b) Roman soldiers.
(c) British infantry.
(d) Mongol hordes.
5. When he is alone, who "is nothing" in Section 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Susan doing when she begins her Section 7 monologue?
2. What is Susan doing when she begins her major monologue in Section 3?
3. Who is picking flowers alone in the novel's first section?
4. What time of day does the passage at the beginning of Section 5 describe?
5. What covers everything by the end of the section's beginning?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)