|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the effect of the sun's beams at the beginning of Section 5?
(a) They produce a glare off of everything they touch.
(b) They burn and destroy what they touch.
(c) They turn everything they touch white.
(d) They clearly define the objects they touch.
2. What word best describes Rhoda's tone in Section 1?
3. To where does Percival travel from England?
(a) To India.
(b) To Australia.
(c) To Africa.
(d) To America.
4. What is the dominant feature of the monologues during the middle of Section 8?
(a) Only Susan and Neville speak.
(b) Bernard speaks alone.
(c) Only Rhoda and Percival speak.
(d) There is constant interplay.
5. What are the two dominant images of Section 8's introduction?
(a) The nighttime sky and the calm waters.
(b) The waves receding as the sun burns brighter.
(c) The sun sinking as the waves become the dominant image.
(d) Both the waves and the sun are sinking in power.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rhoda react to the party in Section 3?
2. What significant fact does the reader learn about Bernard's life early in Section 4?
3. How would you characterize Neville's attitude as he waits for the others to arrive in Section 4?
4. What is Susan doing when she begins her major monologue in Section 3?
5. What effect does Percival's presence have on the characters when he arrives in Section 4?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)