|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bernard refer to as a "drunken sailor?"
(d) Dr. Crane.
2. In Section 5, who does Rhoda refer to as "a snob"?
3. What do the characters wish to do with the moment they share in the restaurant in Section 4?
(a) Meditate on it.
(b) Forget it.
(c) Tarnish it.
(d) Cherish it.
4. When Neville hears the significant news in Section 5, to what does he compare it?
(a) The loss of a family member.
(b) Waking from a dream.
(c) The end of his life.
(d) The kiss between Jinny and Louis.
5. Who repeats variations of the phrase, "I will gather my flowers and present them--Oh! to whom?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What significant fact do we learn about Louis's love-life in the course of his major Section 7 monologue?
2. What does the italicized prose at the beginning of the first section describe?
3. Who is primarily focused on appearances early in Section 2?
4. Who is fond of the "orderly progress" exhibited by the schoolboys?
5. What effect does Percival's presence have on the characters when he arrives in Section 4?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)