|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 7, which two people does Susan name as those she "thinks sometimes of"?
(a) Bernard and Louis.
(b) Percival and Rhoda.
(c) Jinny and Rhoda.
(d) Neville and Percival.
2. In Section 2, Miss Lambert sits under a picture of whom?
(a) King James I.
(b) Queen Victoria.
(c) Queen Alexandra.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
3. How would you characterize Neville's attitude as he waits for the others to arrive in Section 4?
4. What does Bernard describe during his first line of monologue?
(a) Fruity smells.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A spider's web.
(d) A globe.
5. What is the dominant image in the beginning of Section 2?
(a) The sun at mid-point in the sky.
(b) Waves on the beach as the sun rises.
(c) A silent forest.
(d) The sun setting.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the reader encounters him in Section 7, toward whom does Neville express some resentment or jealousy?
2. Who repeats variations of the phrase, "I will gather my flowers and present them--Oh! to whom?"
3. Who does Bernard refer to as a "drunken sailor?"
4. In Section 8, who contends that the characters have "destroyed something by our presence"?
5. How does Jinny characterize her social life as it is in Section 6?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)