|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two dominant images of Section 8's introduction?
(a) The sun sinking as the waves become the dominant image.
(b) The waves receding as the sun burns brighter.
(c) The nighttime sky and the calm waters.
(d) Both the waves and the sun are sinking in power.
2. Who asserts, "The words of authority are corrupted by those who speak them"?
3. Which of the characters appears most able to move on from the significant news in Section 5?
4. What does Neville conclude at the end of his Section 6 monologue?
(a) That Percival had no effect on him.
(b) That, despite his love for Percival, he could find another man to love.
(c) That he will commit suicide.
(d) That Percival's death has paralyzed him.
5. To which poet does Bernard compare himself to the point of attempting imitation in Section 3?
(a) Lord Byron.
(b) Robert Burns.
(c) Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
(d) John Keats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What significant fact does the reader learn about Bernard's life early in Section 4?
2. What are the boys doing when the monologues in Section 2 return to their perspective?
3. Who asserts, "One moment does not lead to another" in Section 4?
4. What does Bernard describe during his first line of monologue?
5. What is the dominant image in the beginning of Section 2?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)