|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose "mind is far too complex to be roused by any single activity"?
2. In Section 6, who does Susan deride towards the end of her monologue?
3. What separates Neville's monologue from the others in Section 6?
(a) He is the most content of any of the characters.
(b) He is most aware of aging.
(c) He is least troubled by Percival's death.
(d) He is least aware of aging.
4. What are the characters doing as their monologues progress in Section 8?
(a) They are still in the restaurant, eating.
(b) Going to Percival's grave.
(c) Walking together through the streets.
(d) Riding to Elvedon together.
5. Who repeats variations of the phrase, "I will gather my flowers and present them--Oh! to whom?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the characters do upon Percival's arrival in Section 4?
2. In Section 8, who oddly compares herself to a dog?
3. What is the dominant feature of the monologues during the middle of Section 8?
4. Who is holding Louis's hand in Section 8?
5. What are the boys doing when the monologues in Section 2 return to their perspective?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)