|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bernard doing at the beginning of Section 3?
(a) Meeting Susan.
(b) Talking to Percival.
(c) Writing a letter.
(d) Eating dinner.
2. On what street is Rhoda walking when the reader encounters her in Section 5?
(a) Oxford Street.
(b) Strawberry Hill.
(c) Comstock Hill.
(d) Hampton Court.
3. According to Section 7, what does Jinny resign herself to being in regards to the rest of her life?
4. In Section 7, how does the poem which Louis muses on begin?
(a) "O western wind . . ."
(b) "In Xanadu did Kubla Khan . . ."
(c) "One must have a mind of winter . . ."
(d) "The rain set early in to-night . . ."
5. Whose "mind is far too complex to be roused by any single activity"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jinny when the reader encounters her in Section 6?
2. Who utters Section 4's final words, "Now Percival is gone"?
3. In Section 2, Miss Lambert sits under a picture of whom?
4. In Section 6, Who remarks, "Percival has died . . . Life passes."?
5. Who asserts, "The words of authority are corrupted by those who speak them"?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)