|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is this Section 4's opening speaker?
2. What time is it when Bernard begins his last monologue of Section 8?
(b) Very late at night.
(c) Very early in the morning.
(d) Nearly bed-time.
3. What is the dominant image in the beginning of Section 2?
(a) The sun at mid-point in the sky.
(b) A silent forest.
(c) Waves on the beach as the sun rises.
(d) The sun setting.
4. What is Susan doing when she begins her major monologue in Section 3?
(a) Meeting Jinny and Rhoda.
(b) Going to sleep.
(c) Walking through London.
(d) Walking in the early morning.
5. Which of the girls is first to speak in Section 2?
(c) Miss Lambert.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the narrator compare the sound of the waves at the end of Section 3's beginning?
2. What makes Jinny feel "native" in her environment?
3. Who hears "something stamping"?
4. As the reader encounters him in Section 7, toward whom does Neville express some resentment or jealousy?
5. What physical feature does Rhoda struggle to identify on others?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)