|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the characters appears most able to move on from the significant news in Section 5?
2. To which poet does Bernard compare himself to the point of attempting imitation in Section 3?
(a) Robert Burns.
(b) Lord Byron.
(c) John Keats.
(d) Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
3. Who decides to "put off my hopeless desire to be Susan, to be Jinny"?
(b) Mrs. Constable.
4. Who arrives to pick up Rhoda at the end of Section 1?
(c) Her Aunt.
(d) Miss Hudson.
5. Who tells Rhoda in Section 1 that someone has arrived to pick her up?
(c) Mrs. Constable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What image is Susan reminded of at the end of her monologue in Section 3?
2. What word does Louis use to characterize himself in Section 3?
3. With what is Neville most unhappy as he appears in Section 4?
4. Where do we learn Bernard travels to in Section 7?
5. With what event in Bernard's life does the major news in Section 5 coincide?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)