|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two dominant images of Section 8's introduction?
(a) The nighttime sky and the calm waters.
(b) Both the waves and the sun are sinking in power.
(c) The sun sinking as the waves become the dominant image.
(d) The waves receding as the sun burns brighter.
2. What are the boys doing when the monologues in Section 2 return to their perspective?
(a) Heading to classes.
(b) Playing at recess.
(c) Going to chapel.
(d) Walking to lunch.
3. Who is the next speaker in Section 7?
4. On what street is Rhoda walking when the reader encounters her in Section 5?
(a) Comstock Hill.
(b) Strawberry Hill.
(c) Oxford Street.
(d) Hampton Court.
5. Who refers to "sudden kisses" as a "crudity"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is not permitted to go on the walk?
2. Who shifts in his seat in Section 2 so that he might catch a glimpse of Percival?
3. Who decides to "put off my hopeless desire to be Susan, to be Jinny"?
4. What is the first thing the reader learns in Section 5?
5. Who is holding Louis's hand in Section 8?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)