|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who instigated the kiss in the garden?
2. Who asserts, "The words of authority are corrupted by those who speak them"?
3. What does Bernard describe during his first line of monologue?
(a) Fruity smells.
(b) A spider's web.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A globe.
4. What is the dominant image in the beginning of Section 2?
(a) The sun at mid-point in the sky.
(b) Waves on the beach as the sun rises.
(c) The sun setting.
(d) A silent forest.
5. Who repeats variations of the phrase, "I will gather my flowers and present them--Oh! to whom?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the characters do upon Percival's arrival in Section 4?
2. Who "gape[s] like a young bird, unsatisfied, for something that has escaped me" in Section 8?
3. Which of the characters muses on a book that he wishes to keep when he is older?
4. In Section 2, Miss Lambert sits under a picture of whom?
5. Who professes, without reservation, "Life will divide us"?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)