|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Generally, what word best describes the mood of Bernard at the end of section 8, as compared to the beginning?
(a) He has become more depressed.
(b) His mood has improved.
(c) He remains anxious and unsure.
(d) He has fallen into confusion.
2. Which of the characters recognizes themselves as the group's strongest member in Section 5?
3. In Section 6, who does Susan deride towards the end of her monologue?
4. On what street is Rhoda walking when the reader encounters her in Section 5?
(a) Oxford Street.
(b) Comstock Hill.
(c) Strawberry Hill.
(d) Hampton Court.
5. How does Rhoda react to the party in Section 3?
(a) She is bored and disinterested.
(b) She is scared and nervous.
(c) She is excited and confident.
(d) She is nauseous and delirious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is fond of the "orderly progress" exhibited by the schoolboys?
2. When Neville hears the significant news in Section 5, to what does he compare it?
3. Which of the female characters seems most content with her place in life when the reader encounters her in Section 3?
4. What is significant about what day it is at the end of Section 2?
5. What does Neville conclude at the end of his Section 6 monologue?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)