|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who remarks, "The world is entire, and I am outside of it . . ."?
2. When Neville hears the significant news in Section 5, to what does he compare it?
(a) The end of his life.
(b) Waking from a dream.
(c) The loss of a family member.
(d) The kiss between Jinny and Louis.
3. How is the singing of the birds described in Section 3's opening?
4. Which of the female characters seems most content with her place in life when the reader encounters her in Section 3?
(b) Miss Lambert.
5. What word best describes Rhoda's tone in Section 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What about her life is Jinny bemoaning when she begins her monologue in Section 7?
2. Who utters Section 4's final words, "Now Percival is gone"?
3. Which of the girls is first to speak in Section 2?
4. What significant fact does the reader learn about Bernard's life early in Section 4?
5. Who did Bernard seek to comfort during Section 1?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)