|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 6, who does Susan deride towards the end of her monologue?
2. What are the children doing as the novel begins?
(a) Playing in the garden.
(b) Saying grace before dinner.
(c) Going to bed.
(d) Waking up.
3. Who refers to "the hieroglyphs written on other people's faces" in Section 6?
4. Which of the characters recognizes themselves as the group's strongest member in Section 5?
5. After reading the opening to Section 4, about what time of day is it?
(c) Late afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What significant fact do we learn about Louis's love-life in the course of his major Section 7 monologue?
2. How would you characterize Neville's attitude as he waits for the others to arrive in Section 4?
3. Who refers to "sudden kisses" as a "crudity"?
4. Who is not permitted to go on the walk?
5. What do the characters wish to do with the moment they share in the restaurant in Section 4?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)