|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bernard characterize his last day at school?
(a) As ambiguous in significance.
(b) An occasion for tears.
(c) An occasion for laughter.
(d) One final ceremony.
2. What physical feature does Rhoda struggle to identify on others?
(a) The face.
(b) The hands.
(c) The eyes.
(d) The posture.
3. Who takes the children for a "brisk walk"?
(b) Mrs. Constable.
(c) Mis Curry.
(d) Miss Hudson.
4. Which character opens Section 2's monologues?
5. Who does Bernard refer to as a "drunken sailor?"
(d) Dr. Crane.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wolfe describe the birds' song at the beginning of the first section?
2. Who shifts in his seat in Section 2 so that he might catch a glimpse of Percival?
3. What does Neville declare himself to be in Section 3?
4. Who is the first of the female speakers in Section 3?
5. How does Rhoda react to the party in Section 3?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)