|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who professes that Bernard looks composed?
2. How does Bernard characterize his last day at school?
(a) As ambiguous in significance.
(b) One final ceremony.
(c) An occasion for laughter.
(d) An occasion for tears.
3. What are the children doing as the novel begins?
(a) Playing in the garden.
(b) Going to bed.
(c) Waking up.
(d) Saying grace before dinner.
4. Which of the speakers expresses an appreciation for natural beauty in Section 3?
5. How does Rhoda react to the party in Section 3?
(a) She is nauseous and delirious.
(b) She is scared and nervous.
(c) She is excited and confident.
(d) She is bored and disinterested.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boys' headmaster?
2. What are the boys doing when the monologues in Section 2 return to their perspective?
3. Whose "mind is far too complex to be roused by any single activity"?
4. How does Wolfe describe the birds' song at the beginning of the first section?
5. Who is primarily focused on appearances early in Section 2?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)