|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Bernard seek to comfort during Section 1?
2. Who refers to "sudden kisses" as a "crudity"?
3. Which of the characters muses on a book that he wishes to keep when he is older?
4. Which of the female characters seems most content with her place in life when the reader encounters her in Section 3?
(d) Miss Lambert.
5. Who asserts, "The words of authority are corrupted by those who speak them"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rhoda react to the party in Section 3?
2. What are the children doing as the novel begins?
3. Who tells Rhoda in Section 1 that someone has arrived to pick her up?
4. What is Louis's profession when the reader encounters him in Section 3?
5. Which of the speakers expresses an appreciation for natural beauty in Section 3?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)