|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first speaker musing on at the beginning of Section 3?
(a) Classical poets.
(b) Whether there is an afterlife.
(c) The nature of identity.
(d) The form of waves.
2. What is the dominant image in the beginning of Section 2?
(a) The sun setting.
(b) A silent forest.
(c) The sun at mid-point in the sky.
(d) Waves on the beach as the sun rises.
3. Who repeats variations of the phrase, "I will gather my flowers and present them--Oh! to whom?"
4. Who decides to "put off my hopeless desire to be Susan, to be Jinny"?
(c) Mrs. Constable.
5. What are the children doing as the novel begins?
(a) Saying grace before dinner.
(b) Going to bed.
(c) Waking up.
(d) Playing in the garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is one of the characters not permitted to go on the walk in Section 1?
2. Which of the female characters seems most content with her place in life when the reader encounters her in Section 3?
3. Who asserts, "The words of authority are corrupted by those who speak them"?
4. What does Neville declare himself to be in Section 3?
5. What "ceremony" does Bernard dislike so much?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)