|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the italicized prose at the beginning of the first section describe?
(a) A day yet to begin.
(b) The clouds covering the sun.
(c) The moon rising in the sky.
(d) The sun at midday.
2. Which of the characters muses on a book that he wishes to keep when he is older?
3. Which of the female characters seems most content with her place in life when the reader encounters her in Section 3?
(c) Miss Lambert.
4. Who is the first character to speak?
5. What is Louis's profession when the reader encounters him in Section 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the narrator compare the sound of the waves at the end of Section 3's beginning?
2. What is the name of the cook at school?
3. Who is the first of the female speakers in Section 3?
4. Who refers to "sudden kisses" as a "crudity"?
5. How does Wolfe describe the birds' song at the beginning of the first section?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)