|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character closes Section 2?
2. What "ceremony" does Bernard dislike so much?
(a) Formal farewells.
(b) Going to school.
(c) Having a family dinner.
(d) Celebrating holidays.
3. What does the italicized prose at the beginning of the first section describe?
(a) The sun at midday.
(b) The moon rising in the sky.
(c) A day yet to begin.
(d) The clouds covering the sun.
4. Who is not permitted to go on the walk?
5. What image is Susan reminded of at the end of her monologue in Section 3?
(a) The waves crashing on the beach.
(b) Jinny kissing Louis.
(c) A sermon in church.
(d) The estate at Elvedon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical feature does Rhoda struggle to identify on others?
2. To what does the narrator compare the sound of the waves at the end of Section 3's beginning?
3. In Section 3, what common action does Jinny find "strange"?
4. Who decides to "put off my hopeless desire to be Susan, to be Jinny"?
5. What are the boys doing when the monologues in Section 2 return to their perspective?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)