|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the girls is first to speak in Section 2?
(a) Miss Lambert.
2. Which character opens Section 2's monologues?
3. Why is one of the characters not permitted to go on the walk in Section 1?
(a) The character is considered too sickly.
(b) The character has to go to the playing fields.
(c) The character has to picked up by an aunt.
(d) The character has to finish grammar exercises.
4. Who refers to "sudden kisses" as a "crudity"?
5. What makes Jinny feel "native" in her environment?
(a) The people constantly passing her.
(b) The music.
(c) The gaudiness of her surroundings.
(d) A picture on the wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes Rhoda's tone in Section 1?
2. Who does Bernard refer to as a "drunken sailor?"
3. What does Bernard describe during his first line of monologue?
4. How does Bernard characterize his last day at school?
5. Who is enamored with the light caused by Miss Lambert's ring?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)