|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shifts in his seat in Section 2 so that he might catch a glimpse of Percival?
(d) Dr. Crane.
2. Who professes that Bernard looks composed?
3. Who provides an elaborate description of bathing at the end of the day?
4. What is significant about what day it is at the end of Section 2?
(a) It is the boys' first day of their second year at school.
(b) It is the boys' last day at school.
(c) It is the last day of the boys' first term at school.
(d) It is the last day of summer.
5. Who professes, without reservation, "Life will divide us"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bernard refer to as a "drunken sailor?"
2. How does Wolfe describe the birds' song at the beginning of the first section?
3. What makes Jinny feel "native" in her environment?
4. What are the children doing as the novel begins?
5. Which of the characters muses on a book that he wishes to keep when he is older?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)