|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wolfe describe the birds' song at the beginning of the first section?
(a) "Barely audible."
(b) "Like the chiming of bells."
(c) "A blank melody outside."
(d) "A disruptive cacophony."
2. Whose "mind is far too complex to be roused by any single activity"?
3. Which of the female characters seems most content with her place in life when the reader encounters her in Section 3?
(a) Miss Lambert.
4. Who does Bernard refer to as a "drunken sailor?"
(a) Dr. Crane.
5. Who instigated the kiss in the garden?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hears "something stamping"?
2. Who refers to "sudden kisses" as a "crudity"?
3. Who provides an elaborate description of bathing at the end of the day?
4. What "ceremony" does Bernard dislike so much?
5. What word does Louis use to characterize himself in Section 3?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)