|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who professes that Bernard looks composed?
2. Which of the girls is first to speak in Section 2?
(c) Miss Lambert.
3. What does Bernard acknowledge about his and the other boys' first night at school?
(a) That it is the first time apart from their sisters.
(b) That it is the first time far from home.
(c) That it is the first time apart from their parents.
(d) That it is the first time sleeping in a new place.
4. Who remarks, "The world is entire, and I am outside of it . . ."?
5. What is Louis's profession when the reader encounters him in Section 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the narrator compare the sound of the waves at the end of Section 3's beginning?
2. Which of the speakers expresses an appreciation for natural beauty in Section 3?
3. What is the name of the cook at school?
4. What is the dominant image in the beginning of Section 2?
5. Which of the female characters does Neville express respect for?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)