|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 3, what common action does Jinny find "strange"?
2. What significant fact does the reader learn about Bernard's life early in Section 4?
(a) He has become famous.
(b) He is on his way to a funeral.
(c) He is engaged to be married.
(d) He is dying.
3. With what event in Bernard's life does the major news in Section 5 coincide?
(a) His wedding.
(b) Jinny's engagement.
(c) The birth of his first child.
(d) The death of his father.
4. Who professes, without reservation, "Life will divide us"?
5. Who is picking flowers alone in the novel's first section?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to "put off my hopeless desire to be Susan, to be Jinny"?
2. In Section 5, Neville struggles to accomplish what simple act?
3. Who asserts, "The words of authority are corrupted by those who speak them"?
4. Who is fond of the "orderly progress" exhibited by the schoolboys?
5. What is Louis doing upon the commencement of his major monologue in Section 3?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)