|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose "mind is far too complex to be roused by any single activity"?
2. What does Rhoda offer to Percival in Section 5?
3. What makes Jinny feel "native" in her environment?
(a) A picture on the wall.
(b) The people constantly passing her.
(c) The music.
(d) The gaudiness of her surroundings.
4. When he is alone, who "is nothing" in Section 4?
5. Why have the characters gathered in Section 4?
(a) A farewell dinner for Percival.
(b) A farewell dinner for himself.
(c) A farewell dinner for Jinny.
(d) A farewell dinner for Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is one of the characters not permitted to go on the walk in Section 1?
2. In Section 2, Miss Lambert sits under a picture of whom?
3. Who professes that Bernard looks composed?
4. In Section 5, how does Bernard describe Percival's presence in the lives of the other characters?
5. What significant fact does the reader learn about Bernard's life early in Section 4?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)