|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Rhoda in Section 1 that someone has arrived to pick her up?
(b) Mrs. Constable.
2. How would you characterize Neville's attitude as he waits for the others to arrive in Section 4?
3. In Section 2, Miss Lambert sits under a picture of whom?
(a) Queen Alexandra.
(b) King James I.
(c) Queen Victoria.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
4. What is Susan doing when she begins her major monologue in Section 3?
(a) Walking through London.
(b) Going to sleep.
(c) Walking in the early morning.
(d) Meeting Jinny and Rhoda.
5. Who "only understands cries of love, hate, rage and pain"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What significant fact does the reader learn about Bernard's life early in Section 4?
2. Which of the female characters seems most content with her place in life when the reader encounters her in Section 3?
3. Who does Bernard refer to as "the authentics" in Section 4?
4. How does Wolfe describe the birds' song at the beginning of the first section?
5. Who professes that Bernard looks composed?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)