|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Louis use to characterize himself in Section 3?
2. What word best describes Rhoda's tone in Section 1?
3. Why have the characters gathered in Section 4?
(a) A farewell dinner for Percival.
(b) A farewell dinner for Jinny.
(c) A farewell dinner for Louis.
(d) A farewell dinner for himself.
4. Who begins Section 3?
5. What is the first thing the reader learns in Section 5?
(a) That Jinny is married.
(b) That Percival has died.
(c) That Neville has moved.
(d) That Bernard is divorced.
Short Answer Questions
1. After reading the opening to Section 4, about what time of day is it?
2. Who arrives to pick up Rhoda at the end of Section 1?
3. In Section 5, who asks, "but what is the thing that lies beneath the semblance of the thing?"
4. In Section 2, Miss Lambert sits under a picture of whom?
5. What does the italicized prose at the beginning of the first section describe?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)