|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Neville most unhappy as he appears in Section 4?
(a) That Percival has not yet arrived.
(b) That his food is cold.
(c) That Bernard is rude to him.
(d) That Susan does not love him as he loves her.
2. What does the italicized prose at the beginning of the first section describe?
(a) The clouds covering the sun.
(b) The sun at midday.
(c) The moon rising in the sky.
(d) A day yet to begin.
3. Who did Bernard seek to comfort during Section 1?
4. Which character closes Section 2?
5. How is the singing of the birds described in Section 3's opening?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 5, who asks, "but what is the thing that lies beneath the semblance of the thing?"
2. What is the dominant image in the beginning of Section 2?
3. What is the first thing the reader learns in Section 5?
4. Which of the characters muses on a book that he wishes to keep when he is older?
5. What is all that Neville possesses?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)