|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Louis doing upon the commencement of his major monologue in Section 3?
(a) Reading and eating.
(c) Meeting Susan.
(d) Meeting Bernard and Neville.
2. What is the name of the boys' headmaster?
(a) Dr. Ramsay.
(c) Dr. Crane.
(d) Dr. Bloom.
3. What are the boys doing when the monologues in Section 2 return to their perspective?
(a) Going to chapel.
(b) Heading to classes.
(c) Walking to lunch.
(d) Playing at recess.
4. In Section 2, Miss Lambert sits under a picture of whom?
(a) Queen Alexandra.
(b) Queen Victoria.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) King James I.
5. What are the children doing as the novel begins?
(a) Waking up.
(b) Saying grace before dinner.
(c) Playing in the garden.
(d) Going to bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the characters recognizes themselves as the group's strongest member in Section 5?
2. Who is this Section 4's opening speaker?
3. In Section 3, what common action does Jinny find "strange"?
4. What does the italicized prose at the beginning of the first section describe?
5. What significant fact does the reader learn about Bernard's life early in Section 4?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)