|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the narrator compare the sound of the waves at the end of Section 3's beginning?
(a) Roman soldiers.
(b) Mongol hordes.
(c) British infantry.
(d) Turbaned warriors.
2. Who is primarily focused on appearances early in Section 2?
3. What image is Susan reminded of at the end of her monologue in Section 3?
(a) The waves crashing on the beach.
(b) The estate at Elvedon.
(c) A sermon in church.
(d) Jinny kissing Louis.
4. Who says, "I am one person--myself"?
5. Which of the children struggles with mathematics?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernard acknowledge about his and the other boys' first night at school?
2. How does Rhoda react to the party in Section 3?
3. What does the italicized prose at the beginning of the first section describe?
4. Who is this Section 4's opening speaker?
5. How old is Rhoda in Section 3?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)