|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who repeats variations of the phrase, "I will gather my flowers and present them--Oh! to whom?"
2. Who witnessed the kiss in the garden through a chink in the hedge in Section 1?
3. Who professes that Bernard looks composed?
4. Who is most deeply affected by the significant news in Section 5?
5. What does the italicized prose at the beginning of the first section describe?
(a) The moon rising in the sky.
(b) The sun at midday.
(c) The clouds covering the sun.
(d) A day yet to begin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernard acknowledge about his and the other boys' first night at school?
2. What is the dominant image in the beginning of Section 2?
3. In Section 5, who does Rhoda refer to as "a snob"?
4. What is significant about what day it is at the end of Section 2?
5. Who professes, without reservation, "Life will divide us"?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)