|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What significant fact does the reader learn about Bernard's life early in Section 4?
(a) He is dying.
(b) He is engaged to be married.
(c) He is on his way to a funeral.
(d) He has become famous.
2. Who refers to "sudden kisses" as a "crudity"?
3. On what street is Rhoda walking when the reader encounters her in Section 5?
(a) Strawberry Hill.
(b) Oxford Street.
(c) Comstock Hill.
(d) Hampton Court.
4. Which of the female characters does Neville express respect for?
5. Which subject do the children appear to have a strong grasp of?
(c) English Grammar.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is Neville most unhappy as he appears in Section 4?
2. Who takes the children for a "brisk walk"?
3. In Section 5, who asks, "but what is the thing that lies beneath the semblance of the thing?"
4. Where does Bernard travel towards the end of his major monologue in Section 5?
5. What are the children doing as the novel begins?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)