|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is one of the characters not permitted to go on the walk in Section 1?
(a) The character has to go to the playing fields.
(b) The character has to finish grammar exercises.
(c) The character is considered too sickly.
(d) The character has to picked up by an aunt.
2. To what does the narrator compare the sound of the waves at the end of Section 3's beginning?
(a) Mongol hordes.
(b) British infantry.
(c) Roman soldiers.
(d) Turbaned warriors.
3. Who refers to "sudden kisses" as a "crudity"?
4. What is the first speaker musing on at the beginning of Section 3?
(a) The form of waves.
(b) Whether there is an afterlife.
(c) The nature of identity.
(d) Classical poets.
5. How does Bernard characterize his last day at school?
(a) An occasion for tears.
(b) One final ceremony.
(c) An occasion for laughter.
(d) As ambiguous in significance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bernard refer to as "the authentics" in Section 4?
2. Who takes the children for a "brisk walk"?
3. In Section 4, how would you characterize the characters' attitude towards each other?
4. Who utters Section 4's final words, "Now Percival is gone"?
5. With what is Neville most unhappy as he appears in Section 4?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)