|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who instigated the kiss in the garden?
2. Which character closes Section 2?
3. What image is Susan reminded of at the end of her monologue in Section 3?
(a) The estate at Elvedon.
(b) The waves crashing on the beach.
(c) Jinny kissing Louis.
(d) A sermon in church.
4. When Neville hears the significant news in Section 5, to what does he compare it?
(a) The kiss between Jinny and Louis.
(b) Waking from a dream.
(c) The loss of a family member.
(d) The end of his life.
5. Who arrives to pick up Rhoda at the end of Section 1?
(a) Miss Hudson.
(b) Her Aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Now let us issue from the darkness of solitude" at one point in Section 4?
2. What is the effect of the sun's beams at the beginning of Section 5?
3. What are the children doing as the novel begins?
4. Who utters Section 4's final words, "Now Percival is gone"?
5. How does Wolfe describe the birds' song at the beginning of the first section?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)