|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about what day it is at the end of Section 2?
(a) It is the last day of summer.
(b) It is the boys' first day of their second year at school.
(c) It is the last day of the boys' first term at school.
(d) It is the boys' last day at school.
2. What time of day does the passage at the beginning of Section 5 describe?
(d) Late night.
3. What is the name of the boys' headmaster?
(a) Dr. Crane.
(c) Dr. Ramsay.
(d) Dr. Bloom.
4. To what does the narrator compare the sound of the waves at the end of Section 3's beginning?
(a) Roman soldiers.
(b) British infantry.
(c) Mongol hordes.
(d) Turbaned warriors.
5. What makes Jinny feel "native" in her environment?
(a) The people constantly passing her.
(b) The gaudiness of her surroundings.
(c) The music.
(d) A picture on the wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes Rhoda's tone in Section 1?
2. Which of the speakers expresses an appreciation for natural beauty in Section 3?
3. Which of the girls is first to speak in Section 2?
4. In Section 5, Neville struggles to accomplish what simple act?
5. What does the italicized prose at the beginning of the first section describe?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)