|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes the children for a "brisk walk"?
(a) Mrs. Constable.
(c) Mis Curry.
(d) Miss Hudson.
2. Who did Bernard seek to comfort during Section 1?
3. Who asserts, "The words of authority are corrupted by those who speak them"?
4. What does Bernard describe during his first line of monologue?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A spider's web.
(c) A globe.
(d) Fruity smells.
5. How does Bernard characterize his last day at school?
(a) As ambiguous in significance.
(b) An occasion for tears.
(c) An occasion for laughter.
(d) One final ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "ceremony" does Bernard dislike so much?
2. Who arrives to pick up Rhoda at the end of Section 1?
3. In Section 5, Neville struggles to accomplish what simple act?
4. Who is picking flowers alone in the novel's first section?
5. What is the first thing the reader learns in Section 5?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)