|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the characters recognizes themselves as the group's strongest member in Section 5?
2. What image is Susan reminded of at the end of her monologue in Section 3?
(a) The estate at Elvedon.
(b) The waves crashing on the beach.
(c) Jinny kissing Louis.
(d) A sermon in church.
3. Where do we learn Bernard travels to in Section 7?
4. What kind of insect does Woolf describe in the elaborate simile at the beginning of Section 7?
(a) A dragonfly.
(b) A beetle.
(c) A moth.
(d) An ant.
5. Where do we find the sun at the beginning of Section 7?
(a) "Lowest in the sky."
(b) "Low in the sky."
(c) "High in the sky."
(d) "Lower in the sky."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Louis doing upon the commencement of his major monologue in Section 3?
2. Which of the female characters seems most content with her place in life when the reader encounters her in Section 3?
3. To which poet does Bernard compare himself to the point of attempting imitation in Section 3?
4. In Section 7, how does the poem which Louis muses on begin?
5. In Section 5, who does Rhoda refer to as "a snob"?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)