|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Neville hears the significant news in Section 5, to what does he compare it?
(a) The kiss between Jinny and Louis.
(b) Waking from a dream.
(c) The end of his life.
(d) The loss of a family member.
2. Which of the characters recognizes themselves as the group's strongest member in Section 5?
3. What is the first thing the reader learns in Section 5?
(a) That Bernard is divorced.
(b) That Percival has died.
(c) That Jinny is married.
(d) That Neville has moved.
4. What should the reader infer that Rhoda is thinking about at the end of her Section 7 monologue?
(a) Falling in love.
(d) Bearing children.
5. What time of day does the passage at the beginning of Section 5 describe?
(c) Late night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bernard doing at the beginning of Section 3?
2. What is the effect of the sun's beams at the beginning of Section 5?
3. What does Rhoda offer to Percival in Section 5?
4. Which of the female characters does Neville express respect for?
5. Which of the speakers expresses an appreciation for natural beauty in Section 3?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)