|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the effect of the sun's beams at the beginning of Section 5?
(a) They turn everything they touch white.
(b) They burn and destroy what they touch.
(c) They clearly define the objects they touch.
(d) They produce a glare off of everything they touch.
2. How does Rhoda react to the party in Section 3?
(a) She is nauseous and delirious.
(b) She is bored and disinterested.
(c) She is excited and confident.
(d) She is scared and nervous.
3. What is the first thing the reader learns in Section 5?
(a) That Bernard is divorced.
(b) That Percival has died.
(c) That Neville has moved.
(d) That Jinny is married.
4. What is Bernard doing at the beginning of Section 3?
(a) Meeting Susan.
(b) Talking to Percival.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Writing a letter.
5. What kind of insect does Woolf describe in the elaborate simile at the beginning of Section 7?
(a) A beetle.
(b) An ant.
(c) A moth.
(d) A dragonfly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the speakers expresses an appreciation for natural beauty in Section 3?
2. In the beginning of Section 5, what state does Woolf describe the sun as being in?
3. Who is the next speaker in Section 7?
4. How does Rhoda characterize herself at the end of Section 3?
5. What phrase does Susan use to describe her position in life as it is in Section 7?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)