|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the characters appears most able to move on from the significant news in Section 5?
2. How does Rhoda react to the party in Section 3?
(a) She is nauseous and delirious.
(b) She is excited and confident.
(c) She is scared and nervous.
(d) She is bored and disinterested.
3. As the reader encounters him in Section 7, toward whom does Neville express some resentment or jealousy?
4. Whose "mind is far too complex to be roused by any single activity"?
5. What phrase does Susan use to describe her position in life as it is in Section 7?
(a) That she is, "no longer young. No longer part of the procession."
(b) That she is "not one of those who find their satisfaction in one person, or in infinity."
(c) She has "reached the summit of her desires."
(d) That she, "divests herself of her authority."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bernard travel towards the end of his major monologue in Section 5?
2. What should the reader infer that Rhoda is thinking about at the end of her Section 7 monologue?
3. What is the effect of the sun's beams at the beginning of Section 5?
4. What does Rhoda offer to Percival in Section 5?
5. What about her life is Jinny bemoaning when she begins her monologue in Section 7?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)