|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 7, where is Louis's new house?
2. Which of the female characters does Neville express respect for?
3. In Section 5, who asks, "but what is the thing that lies beneath the semblance of the thing?"
4. What is the first speaker musing on at the beginning of Section 3?
(a) Classical poets.
(b) The nature of identity.
(c) The form of waves.
(d) Whether there is an afterlife.
5. Whose "mind is far too complex to be roused by any single activity"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Louis use to characterize himself in Section 3?
2. What makes Jinny feel "native" in her environment?
3. To what does the narrator compare the sound of the waves at the end of Section 3's beginning?
4. Who is the first speaker in Section 7?
5. Who is the next speaker in Section 7?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)