|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bernard decide against comforting in Section 5?
2. What image is Susan reminded of at the end of her monologue in Section 3?
(a) The waves crashing on the beach.
(b) The estate at Elvedon.
(c) Jinny kissing Louis.
(d) A sermon in church.
3. How is the singing of the birds described in Section 3's opening?
4. In Section 5, how does Bernard describe Percival's presence in the lives of the other characters?
(a) As spiritual.
(b) As a mediator.
(c) As didactic.
(d) As a conductor.
5. Where do we learn Bernard travels to in Section 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Section 7, what does Jinny resign herself to being in regards to the rest of her life?
2. With what event in Bernard's life does the major news in Section 5 coincide?
3. Who is the first speaker in Section 7?
4. In Section 5, who asks, "but what is the thing that lies beneath the semblance of the thing?"
5. What should the reader infer that Rhoda is thinking about at the end of her Section 7 monologue?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)