|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rhoda offer to Percival in Section 5?
2. In the beginning of Section 5, what state does Woolf describe the sun as being in?
(a) Its dullest.
(b) Its most uncompromising.
(c) Its most merciful.
(d) Nearly its brightest.
3. What is Susan doing when she begins her major monologue in Section 3?
(a) Walking in the early morning.
(b) Going to sleep.
(c) Walking through London.
(d) Meeting Jinny and Rhoda.
4. What phrase does Susan use to describe her position in life as it is in Section 7?
(a) That she, "divests herself of her authority."
(b) She has "reached the summit of her desires."
(c) That she is, "no longer young. No longer part of the procession."
(d) That she is "not one of those who find their satisfaction in one person, or in infinity."
5. In Section 5, how does Bernard describe Percival's presence in the lives of the other characters?
(a) As a mediator.
(b) As didactic.
(c) As a conductor.
(d) As spiritual.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the singing of the birds described in Section 3's opening?
2. What physical feature does Rhoda struggle to identify on others?
3. How does Rhoda react to the party in Section 3?
4. Which of the female characters does Neville express respect for?
5. Where do we learn Bernard travels to in Section 7?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)