|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the next speaker in Section 7?
2. What is Bernard doing at the beginning of Section 3?
(a) Talking to Percival.
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) Meeting Susan.
(d) Writing a letter.
3. What is the first thing the reader learns in Section 5?
(a) That Neville has moved.
(b) That Percival has died.
(c) That Jinny is married.
(d) That Bernard is divorced.
4. Where do we find the sun at the beginning of Section 7?
(a) "High in the sky."
(b) "Low in the sky."
(c) "Lowest in the sky."
(d) "Lower in the sky."
5. What word does Louis use to characterize himself in Section 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does Bernard stay where he travels in Section 7?
2. In Section 5, how does Bernard describe Percival's presence in the lives of the other characters?
3. What image is Susan reminded of at the end of her monologue in Section 3?
4. Which of the characters recognizes themselves as the group's strongest member in Section 5?
5. What kind of insect does Woolf describe in the elaborate simile at the beginning of Section 7?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)