|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first speaker in Section 7?
2. In Section 5, Neville struggles to accomplish what simple act?
(b) Getting out of bed.
(c) Getting dressed.
(d) Climbing stairs.
3. What image is Susan reminded of at the end of her monologue in Section 3?
(a) A sermon in church.
(b) The waves crashing on the beach.
(c) Jinny kissing Louis.
(d) The estate at Elvedon.
4. Who does Bernard decide against comforting in Section 5?
5. In the beginning of Section 5, what state does Woolf describe the sun as being in?
(a) Its most uncompromising.
(b) Nearly its brightest.
(c) Its dullest.
(d) Its most merciful.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what event in Bernard's life does the major news in Section 5 coincide?
2. For how long does Bernard stay where he travels in Section 7?
3. What makes Jinny feel "native" in her environment?
4. Who says, "I am one person--myself"?
5. Which of the characters recognizes themselves as the group's strongest member in Section 5?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)