|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the female characters does Neville express respect for?
2. Where do we learn Bernard travels to in Section 7?
3. Who does Bernard decide against comforting in Section 5?
4. In the beginning of Section 5, what state does Woolf describe the sun as being in?
(a) Its most merciful.
(b) Nearly its brightest.
(c) Its most uncompromising.
(d) Its dullest.
5. In Section 5, who does Rhoda refer to as "a snob"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 7, how does the poem which Louis muses on begin?
2. How does Rhoda react to the party in Section 3?
3. As the reader encounters him in Section 7, toward whom does Neville express some resentment or jealousy?
4. On what street is Rhoda walking when the reader encounters her in Section 5?
5. With what event in Bernard's life does the major news in Section 5 coincide?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)