|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 5, who asks, "but what is the thing that lies beneath the semblance of the thing?"
2. What kind of insect does Woolf describe in the elaborate simile at the beginning of Section 7?
(a) A beetle.
(b) A moth.
(c) An ant.
(d) A dragonfly.
3. What time of day does the passage at the beginning of Section 5 describe?
(a) Late night.
4. To which poet does Bernard compare himself to the point of attempting imitation in Section 3?
(a) Robert Burns.
(b) John Keats.
(c) Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
(d) Lord Byron.
5. What significant fact do we learn about Louis's love-life in the course of his major Section 7 monologue?
(a) He and Rhoda are married.
(b) Rhoda has left him.
(c) He has struck up an affair with Jinny.
(d) He is a homosexual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first speaker musing on at the beginning of Section 3?
2. For how long does Bernard stay where he travels in Section 7?
3. Where does Bernard travel towards the end of his major monologue in Section 5?
4. What about her life is Jinny bemoaning when she begins her monologue in Section 7?
5. Where do we learn Bernard travels to in Section 7?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)