|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Section 5, what state does Woolf describe the sun as being in?
(a) Its dullest.
(b) Nearly its brightest.
(c) Its most uncompromising.
(d) Its most merciful.
2. Which of the characters appears most able to move on from the significant news in Section 5?
3. What kind of insect does Woolf describe in the elaborate simile at the beginning of Section 7?
(a) A dragonfly.
(b) A moth.
(c) An ant.
(d) A beetle.
4. On what street is Rhoda walking when the reader encounters her in Section 5?
(a) Comstock Hill.
(b) Strawberry Hill.
(c) Hampton Court.
(d) Oxford Street.
5. Which of the female characters seems most content with her place in life when the reader encounters her in Section 3?
(d) Miss Lambert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Neville declare himself to be in Section 3?
2. How is the singing of the birds described in Section 3's opening?
3. What physical feature does Rhoda struggle to identify on others?
4. In Section 3, what common action does Jinny find "strange"?
5. What is Louis's profession when the reader encounters him in Section 3?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)