|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rhoda offer to Percival in Section 5?
2. In Section 5, how does Bernard describe Percival's presence in the lives of the other characters?
(a) As a mediator.
(b) As spiritual.
(c) As a conductor.
(d) As didactic.
3. What should the reader infer that Rhoda is thinking about at the end of her Section 7 monologue?
(c) Falling in love.
(d) Bearing children.
4. What is Bernard doing at the beginning of Section 3?
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Writing a letter.
(c) Talking to Percival.
(d) Meeting Susan.
5. How does Rhoda characterize herself at the end of Section 3?
(a) As a woman.
(b) As a girl.
(c) As a lover.
(d) As a fighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 5, who asks, "but what is the thing that lies beneath the semblance of the thing?"
2. What phrase does Susan use to describe her position in life as it is in Section 7?
3. What two emotions seem to dominate Rhoda's Section 7 monologue?
4. How is the singing of the birds described in Section 3's opening?
5. Who is the first speaker in Section 7?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)