|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the narrator compare the sound of the waves at the end of Section 3's beginning?
(a) British infantry.
(b) Turbaned warriors.
(c) Mongol hordes.
(d) Roman soldiers.
2. What phrase does Susan use to describe her position in life as it is in Section 7?
(a) She has "reached the summit of her desires."
(b) That she, "divests herself of her authority."
(c) That she is, "no longer young. No longer part of the procession."
(d) That she is "not one of those who find their satisfaction in one person, or in infinity."
3. Who says, "I am one person--myself"?
4. Which speaker follows Susan in Section 7?
5. Which of the female characters seems most content with her place in life when the reader encounters her in Section 3?
(c) Miss Lambert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical feature does Rhoda struggle to identify on others?
2. On what street is Rhoda walking when the reader encounters her in Section 5?
3. How old is Rhoda in Section 3?
4. Who is the first of the female speakers in Section 3?
5. In Section 5, who asks, "but what is the thing that lies beneath the semblance of the thing?"
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)