|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the singing of the birds described in Section 3's opening?
2. Which of the speakers expresses an appreciation for natural beauty in Section 3?
3. Who is the first speaker in Section 7?
4. In Section 5, how does Bernard describe Percival's presence in the lives of the other characters?
(a) As a conductor.
(b) As spiritual.
(c) As a mediator.
(d) As didactic.
5. What is Susan doing when she begins her Section 7 monologue?
(a) Speaking with Bernard.
(b) Playing with her daughters.
(c) Alone in her room at Elvedon.
(d) Walking with her son in the garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I am one person--myself"?
2. What physical feature does Rhoda struggle to identify on others?
3. As the reader encounters him in Section 7, toward whom does Neville express some resentment or jealousy?
4. In the beginning of Section 5, what state does Woolf describe the sun as being in?
5. When Neville hears the significant news in Section 5, to what does he compare it?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)