|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first speaker musing on at the beginning of Section 3?
(a) The nature of identity.
(b) Whether there is an afterlife.
(c) Classical poets.
(d) The form of waves.
2. Who is the next speaker in Section 7?
3. What phrase does Susan use to describe her position in life as it is in Section 7?
(a) That she is, "no longer young. No longer part of the procession."
(b) That she, "divests herself of her authority."
(c) She has "reached the summit of her desires."
(d) That she is "not one of those who find their satisfaction in one person, or in infinity."
4. What is Susan doing when she begins her major monologue in Section 3?
(a) Walking in the early morning.
(b) Going to sleep.
(c) Meeting Jinny and Rhoda.
(d) Walking through London.
5. How old is Rhoda in Section 3?
(a) Not yet 21.
(b) Just turned 25.
(c) Just turned 19.
(d) Almost 15.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 7, where is Louis's new house?
2. In the beginning of Section 5, what state does Woolf describe the sun as being in?
3. What word does Louis use to characterize himself in Section 3?
4. Where do we find the sun at the beginning of Section 7?
5. In Section 3, what common action does Jinny find "strange"?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)