|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 5, how does Bernard describe Percival's presence in the lives of the other characters?
(a) As a conductor.
(b) As didactic.
(c) As a mediator.
(d) As spiritual.
2. What is Susan doing when she begins her major monologue in Section 3?
(a) Meeting Jinny and Rhoda.
(b) Going to sleep.
(c) Walking through London.
(d) Walking in the early morning.
3. For how long does Bernard stay where he travels in Section 7?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) Twenty days.
(d) Ten days.
4. How does Rhoda characterize herself at the end of Section 3?
(a) As a lover.
(b) As a woman.
(c) As a fighter.
(d) As a girl.
5. To what does the narrator compare the sound of the waves at the end of Section 3's beginning?
(a) Turbaned warriors.
(b) Roman soldiers.
(c) British infantry.
(d) Mongol hordes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 7, where is Louis's new house?
2. What is Louis doing upon the commencement of his major monologue in Section 3?
3. With what event in Bernard's life does the major news in Section 5 coincide?
4. In Section 3, what common action does Jinny find "strange"?
5. Who is the first of the female speakers in Section 3?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)