|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the singing of the birds described in Section 3's opening?
2. What makes Jinny feel "native" in her environment?
(a) The people constantly passing her.
(b) The gaudiness of her surroundings.
(c) A picture on the wall.
(d) The music.
3. In Section 5, who asks, "but what is the thing that lies beneath the semblance of the thing?"
4. For how long does Bernard stay where he travels in Section 7?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Twenty days.
5. Who is the first speaker in Section 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Section 7, what does Jinny resign herself to being in regards to the rest of her life?
2. In Section 7, which two people does Susan name as those she "thinks sometimes of"?
3. Where do we learn Bernard travels to in Section 7?
4. What physical feature does Rhoda struggle to identify on others?
5. What two emotions seem to dominate Rhoda's Section 7 monologue?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)