|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 7, how does the poem which Louis muses on begin?
(a) "In Xanadu did Kubla Khan . . ."
(b) "One must have a mind of winter . . ."
(c) "O western wind . . ."
(d) "The rain set early in to-night . . ."
2. In Section 5, who does Rhoda refer to as "a snob"?
3. How old is Rhoda in Section 3?
(a) Just turned 25.
(b) Not yet 21.
(c) Just turned 19.
(d) Almost 15.
4. What is Susan doing when she begins her major monologue in Section 3?
(a) Going to sleep.
(b) Meeting Jinny and Rhoda.
(c) Walking through London.
(d) Walking in the early morning.
5. What is the effect of the sun's beams at the beginning of Section 5?
(a) They clearly define the objects they touch.
(b) They produce a glare off of everything they touch.
(c) They turn everything they touch white.
(d) They burn and destroy what they touch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first speaker in Section 7?
2. How does Rhoda react to the party in Section 3?
3. Which of the speakers expresses an appreciation for natural beauty in Section 3?
4. What is the first thing the reader learns in Section 5?
5. In Section 7, which two people does Susan name as those she "thinks sometimes of"?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)