* Section 1 begins with a short section which describes all the elements of an early morning.
* Each of the characters, all children, are introduced with a line of monologue.
* Louis and Jinny share a kiss in the garden, which Susan witnesses and is confused by.
* The children take grammar and mathematics lessons from their teacher, Miss Hudson.
* After the lessons, the children take a walk in the countryside with Mrs. Constable, their caregiver.
* As in Section 1, and as in all the sections, Section 2 begins with an italicized description of a day's progress, now a little past early morning.
* The boys, Louis, Neville, and Bernard are all leaving for boarding school.
* Each of the boys displays a variety of excitement and/or nervousness.
* At the same time, the girls are also preparing to leave for school.
* Again, the girls display the variety of emotions when one leaves for...
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)