• Section 1 begins with a short section which describes all the elements of an early morning.
• Each of the characters, all children, are introduced with a line of monologue.
• Louis and Jinny share a kiss in the garden, which Susan witnesses and is confused by.
• The children take grammar and mathematics lessons from their teacher, Miss Hudson.
• After the lessons, the children take a walk in the countryside with Mrs. Constable, their caregiver.
• As in Section 1, and as in all the sections, Section 2 begins with an italicized description of a day's progress, now a little past early morning.
• The boys, Louis, Neville, and Bernard are all leaving for boarding school.
• Each of the boys displays a variety of excitement and/or nervousness.
• At the same time, the girls are also preparing to leave for school.
• Again, the girls display the variety of emotions when one leaves for...
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)