|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bogus learn about Merrill before the agents release him?
2. What does Couth give Bogus before Bogus leaves for New York?
3. What do Sprog and his wife do after being exiled?
4. How does Bogus reach Vienna?
5. What time of year does Bogus arrive in Maine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plans are being made for Ralph's next movie?
2. When Bogus returns to Tulpen, what changes are noticeable in their relationship?
3. What clues does Bogus see around the house that foreshadow who is staying with Couth?
4. How does the phrase, "There was, of course, no logic to the dwarf's fear of Harold's rather large cat" relate to the movie about Bogus's life?
5. Why is the line from the diary familiar and important?
6. Describe Bogus's new attire.
7. How does Bogus reflect on the life of a prostitute?
8. What does Bogus believe is causing Colm's night terrors?
9. What makes the limo driver nervous on the way to Maine?
10. What change does having Colm around spur in Tulpen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Merrill Overturf dies in the Danube looking for the tank he often mentioned to Bogus. He was hoping to impress a girl with his discovery. What symbolism does this death have in relation to the way Merrill led his life?
Essay Topic 2
Bogus Trumper, the main character, makes significant progress throughout the book. Describe this character development and include circumstances from the story that helped prompt this change.
Essay Topic 3
The poem of Akthelt and Gunnel is added to give Bogus another lens through which to examine his life. Find and support at least four connections between the Akthelt and Gunnel story and the main story of Bogus's life. In what ways can writing his thesis help Bogus to grow?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)