|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the customs officer not find the drugs?
2. What gift does Tulpen give Colm before he leaves her house?
3. What scene does Ralph request for the movie?
4. In Bogus's flashback, where was Couth?
5. What can Bogus not understand about Tulpen?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Biggie made her announcement, why did Aunt Blackstone respond with "Of course it is. Certainly, yes!"?
2. When Bogus returns to Tulpen, what changes are noticeable in their relationship?
3. What does Bogus believe is causing Colm's night terrors?
4. What might the statue foreshadow for the reader?
5. What change does having Colm around spur in Tulpen?
6. How does Biggie indicate that the relationship between Bogus and Tulpen is the same between Bogus and Biggie?
7. How does Tulpen describe Bogus to Ralph?
8. Why does Bogus feel betrayed by the nurse?
9. Why does Bogus tell Colm that the story he's been telling him at bedtime is real?
10. Why is the line from the diary familiar and important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Couth doesn't only play the father figure to Bogus, but to Colm and Biggie as well. Give at least two examples per character of how Couth fathers the character and the effect it has on him or her.
Essay Topic 2
Bogus Trumper, the main character, makes significant progress throughout the book. Describe this character development and include circumstances from the story that helped prompt this change.
Essay Topic 3
Why is it significant that Tulpen names her baby Merrill? What does Merrill's birth signify in Bogus's life? What developments in Bogus's life will set Merrill's birth apart from Colm's birth?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)