|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Bogus's dream in Chapter 28, where were he and Biggie?
(a) At the boathouse.
(b) In Vienna.
(c) At her parents' home.
(d) In a hotel.
2. What news does Biggie deliver to Bogus when he returns Colm?
(a) She tells him the movie has been canceled.
(b) She tells him Colm wants to move in with Tulpen.
(c) She tells him Ralph is trying to sleep with her.
(d) She tells him she is in love with Couth.
3. Why is Sprog exiled?
(a) He assaults the hero's wife.
(b) He taunts the hero's wife.
(c) He kisses the hero's wife.
(d) He runs away with the hero's wife.
4. How does Bogus reach Vienna?
5. Where does Ralph's movie take place in Chapter 23?
(a) In Vienna.
(b) In Iowa.
(c) At sea.
(d) At the Pillsbury's estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hotel maid do in Bogus's hallucination?
2. How much time has passed since Bogus began his search for Merrill?
3. What causes Tulpen to cry after her argument with Bogus?
4. Bogus spends his time in his hallucinations with __________.
5. Who does the man in the car think is Bogus's drug buyer?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Bogus envious of Couth?
2. What might the statue foreshadow for the reader?
3. How does Tulpen describe Bogus to Ralph?
4. How does Biggie indicate that the relationship between Bogus and Tulpen is the same between Bogus and Biggie?
5. How does Bogus relate his life to cancer?
6. Why does Bogus tell Colm that the story he's been telling him at bedtime is real?
7. When Biggie made her announcement, why did Aunt Blackstone respond with "Of course it is. Certainly, yes!"?
8. How does the phrase, "There was, of course, no logic to the dwarf's fear of Harold's rather large cat" relate to the movie about Bogus's life?
9. In what ways does Old Thak represent Ralph?
10. When Bogus returns to Tulpen, what changes are noticeable in their relationship?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)