|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Old Thak?
2. Who helped Bogus to leave town for Europe?
3. Whom does Dante mistake for Mr. Pillsbury?
4. What causes Tulpen to cry after her argument with Bogus?
(a) Bogus refuses to talk anymore.
(b) Bogus calls her "Biggie."
(c) Bogus invites Ralph over in the middle of their argument.
(d) Bogus will not eat her cooking.
5. How much money was in the letter from Dr. Trumper?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bogus see Merrill in Chapter 22?
2. How does Bogus fall asleep in Chapter 22?
3. Why is Bogus thrown out of the Iowa bar?
4. What request does Biggie make before sending Colm to visit Bogus and Tulpen?
5. How does Bogus offend the bus passenger?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bogus reflect on the life of a prostitute?
2. How does Bogus relate his life to cancer?
3. How does the phrase, "There was, of course, no logic to the dwarf's fear of Harold's rather large cat" relate to the movie about Bogus's life?
4. Describe Bogus's new attire.
5. What did Bogus's return package to his father symbolize?
6. What might the statue foreshadow for the reader?
7. How have Bogus's views on promiscuity changed throughout the novel as he has grown older and had various relationships?
8. Why does Bogus feel betrayed by the nurse?
9. When Biggie made her announcement, why did Aunt Blackstone respond with "Of course it is. Certainly, yes!"?
10. What plans are being made for Ralph's next movie?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)