|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Tulpen to cry after her argument with Bogus?
(a) Bogus will not eat her cooking.
(b) Bogus refuses to talk anymore.
(c) Bogus calls her "Biggie."
(d) Bogus invites Ralph over in the middle of their argument.
2. In Chapter 31, what causes Tulpen to be so angry with Ralph?
(a) He answers the phone.
(b) He speaks ill of Bogus.
(c) He takes her towel.
(d) He allows filming while she's in the tub.
3. Who takes Bogus's suitcase?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The FDA.
(d) The FAA.
4. What type of car does the limo driver own?
(a) He owns a Volkswagen.
(b) He owns a Mercedes.
(c) He doesn't own a car.
(d) He owns an old limo.
5. What time of year does Bogus arrive in Maine?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Tulpen and Bogus spend their time with Colm while he is visiting?
2. What scene does Ralph request for the movie?
3. How does Bogus fall asleep in Chapter 22?
4. What does Tulpen name her baby?
5. Where does Ralph's movie take place in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Biggie indicate that the relationship between Bogus and Tulpen is the same between Bogus and Biggie?
2. What change does having Colm around spur in Tulpen?
3. What plans are being made for Ralph's next movie?
4. What does Bogus believe is causing Colm's night terrors?
5. How have Bogus's views on promiscuity changed throughout the novel as he has grown older and had various relationships?
6. What might the statue foreshadow for the reader?
7. Why does Bogus feel betrayed by the nurse?
8. How does the phrase, "There was, of course, no logic to the dwarf's fear of Harold's rather large cat" relate to the movie about Bogus's life?
9. What did Bogus's return package to his father symbolize?
10. How does Bogus reflect on the life of a prostitute?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)