|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Tulpen and Bogus spend their time with Colm while he is visiting?
(a) They have him spend time at the studio.
(b) They take him on fun trips.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) They hire him a sitter.
2. Why is Biggie gaining weight when Bogus visits?
(a) She has a tumor.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She eats pastries.
3. What gift does Tulpen give Colm before he leaves her house?
(a) A fish.
(b) A water bottle.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A book.
4. How does Tulpen feel about Colm by the end of his trip?
(a) She can't wait for him to leave.
(b) She realizes she'll never want children.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She thinks he's nice at a distance.
5. What did Bogus mail to his father after he received the letter and money?
(a) A potted flower.
(b) A dead duck.
(c) A block of smelly cheese.
(d) A thank you note.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sprog and his wife do after being exiled?
2. What do all of Bogus's hallucinations have in common?
3. How does Couth describe himself to Bogus and Biggie?
4. Who does Colm want to tuck him in bed the night before the feast?
5. What does Throgsgafen mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the line from the diary familiar and important?
2. How does Bogus relate his life to cancer?
3. What makes the limo driver nervous on the way to Maine?
4. What did Bogus's return package to his father symbolize?
5. How does the phrase, "There was, of course, no logic to the dwarf's fear of Harold's rather large cat" relate to the movie about Bogus's life?
6. Why does Bogus feel betrayed by the nurse?
7. How does Tulpen describe Bogus to Ralph?
8. How is Sprog symbolic of Bogus?
9. Why does Bogus tell Colm that the story he's been telling him at bedtime is real?
10. What does Bogus believe is causing Colm's night terrors?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)