|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mektig mean in Old Low Norse?
2. How do Tulpen and Bogus start their day, everyday?
(a) With oatmeal and a morning chat.
(b) With coffee and the newspaper.
(c) With yogurt and love making.
(d) With granola and several trips to the restroom.
3. How did Bogus "escape" his Iowa life?
(a) By enjoying the sight of Tupen's breasts.
(b) By daydreaming about his wife and child.
(c) By listening to tapes of Merrill in Vienna.
(d) By focusing on the effects of the Water-Method.
4. On the night that Bogus and Biggie meet, what excuse did Biggie's friends give for needing to leave Bogus's room?
(a) They had an early day in the morning.
(b) The car needed to be returned.
(c) They needed to meet curfew.
(d) The apartment was too small for so many guests.
5. At what age did Bogus lose his virginity?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Merrill introduce himself to Biggie?
2. Who went with Bogus to the country?
3. What was Bogus's complaint about Sinclair?
4. What does Couth envy about Bogus?
5. What was Biggie's concern about Colm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Biggie and Bogus's first night together differ from their daily life after marriage?
2. How did Bogus's tone change from letter to letter?
3. Describe the connection Bogus shares with Couth and why this is a strange basis for a friendship.
4. How did Biggie's letters differ, and which did she send?
5. Why did Bogus decide he couldn't be with the girl in the country?
6. In Chapter 18, what comparison does Bogus make between Akthelt and Gunnel and his life?
7. How does Bogus's life with Tulpen begin to mirror his life with Biggie?
8. Describe the difference between Bogus's worry for the mouse versus his worry for the turtles and fish.
9. How do Biggie and Tulpen differ in their reactions to Akthelt and Gunnel?
10. Give a physical description of Ralph Parker.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)