|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Bogus tell his father he pays the bills?
(a) He admited to not paying the bills.
(b) With checks.
(c) By working at the stadium.
(d) By working odd jobs at the studio.
2. Where was Biggie's check refused?
(a) The hardware store.
(b) The clothing store.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The pet store.
3. Why was Biggie angry with Bogus's father after she and Bogus first get married?
(a) He left Bogus's mother.
(b) He didn't want to see Bogus.
(c) He called Biggie names when they met.
(d) He wouldn't send money.
4. In Chapter 8, to whom was Bogus writing letters?
5. To whom did Bogus lose his virginity?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which adjective did Bogus not use to describe the man from the bar?
2. Who did Biggie's friends say would be looking for her in the morning if she didn't leave Bogus's room with them?
3. Where did the man from the men's room work?
4. After Bogus made his escape, who caught him?
5. While the rest of the studio crew is reviewing footage, where does Ralph send the errand boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give at least three examples to support Bogus's sense of entitlement in the world.
2. How did the theme of Bogus's letter to Consumer Reports relate to the speech he would have given "number 368" if he weren't so exhausted?
3. How did Bogus's letter to Biggie differ from his daily interactions with her?
4. Why did Bogus describe Merrill as "the great illusion of my life"?
5. When Bogus promised to take care of a small matter in the home, Biggie seemed genuinely surprised that he could and would handle it. Why was Biggie's astonishment painful to Bogus?
6. How did Bogus violate the girl in the country?
7. How do Biggie and Tulpen differ in their reactions to Akthelt and Gunnel?
8. How are Bogus's plumbing problems symbolic of his medical issues?
9. What is the difference between Bogus and Colm?
10. In Chapter 18, what comparison does Bogus make between Akthelt and Gunnel and his life?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)