|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sprog exiled?
(a) He kisses the hero's wife.
(b) He taunts the hero's wife.
(c) He runs away with the hero's wife.
(d) He assaults the hero's wife.
2. In Chapter 31, what causes Tulpen to be so angry with Ralph?
(a) He speaks ill of Bogus.
(b) He takes her towel.
(c) He answers the phone.
(d) He allows filming while she's in the tub.
3. What change to his operation does Bogus consider in Chapter 30?
(a) He thinks he should cancel the operation and continue the water method.
(b) He thinks he should be sterilized at the same time.
(c) He thinks he should stay awake for the operation.
(d) He thinks he should have the operation postponed.
4. Why does the customs officer not find the drugs?
(a) The customs officer goes on break.
(b) The drugs have been taken.
(c) The drugs blend in with the bag's content.
(d) The customs officer doesn't search the bag thoroughly.
5. Whom does Bogus ask for the time when he is lost in Europe?
(a) A beggar.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) The bus driver.
(d) A shop owner.
6. What news does Biggie deliver to Bogus when he returns Colm?
(a) She tells him Ralph is trying to sleep with her.
(b) She tells him Colm wants to move in with Tulpen.
(c) She tells him she is in love with Couth.
(d) She tells him the movie has been canceled.
7. In Bogus's flashback, where was Couth?
(a) In the car.
(b) Lost at sea.
(c) On a walk.
(d) In Maine.
8. What request does the hero make after his night out drinking with his bodyguard?
(a) He wants to sleep with Sprog's wife.
(b) He wants to dance on the villain's grave.
(c) He wants to have Sprog killed.
(d) He wants to see Gunnel once more.
9. What does Bogus learn about Merrill before the agents release him?
(a) Merrill is in Vienna.
(b) Merrill is in hiding.
(c) Merrill is lost at sea.
(d) Merrill is dead.
10. What is Tulpen's complaint about Bogus as they are getting ready for bed?
(a) Bogus does not try to find a more suitable job.
(b) Bogus does not clean up after himself.
(c) Bogus does not pay enough attention to her.
(d) Bogus does not make love to her enough.
11. What do Sprog and his wife do after being exiled?
(a) They attack sailors.
(b) They sought revenge.
(c) They start their own colony.
(d) They are killed.
12. What causes Tulpen to cry after her argument with Bogus?
(a) Bogus invites Ralph over in the middle of their argument.
(b) Bogus refuses to talk anymore.
(c) Bogus will not eat her cooking.
(d) Bogus calls her "Biggie."
13. What scene does Ralph request for the movie?
(a) He wants to film Bogus and Tulpen through the aquarium.
(b) He wants to film Bogus and Tulpen getting ready for bed.
(c) He wants to film Bogus and Tulpen cleaning the house.
(d) He wants to film Bogus and Tulpen making love.
14. Who kills Old Thak?
15. Why is Biggie gaining weight when Bogus visits?
(a) She has a tumor.
(b) She eats pastries.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship has transpired between Biggie and Couth after Bogus has left?
2. In Bogus's dreams, what fact do people not believe about Merrill?
3. How does Couth describe himself to Bogus and Biggie?
4. Bogus spends his time in his hallucinations with __________.
5. What story does Bogus tell Colm each night before bed?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)