|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 31, what causes Tulpen to be so angry with Ralph?
(a) He takes her towel.
(b) He answers the phone.
(c) He speaks ill of Bogus.
(d) He allows filming while she's in the tub.
2. Why is Bogus angry at Kent when he sees him in the studio?
(a) He wants to take Bogus's job.
(b) He is waiting outside of the restroom with the camera.
(c) He lost reels of the movie.
(d) He made a pass at Tulpen.
3. Where does Bogus see Merrill in Chapter 22?
(a) On the subway.
(b) In a dream.
(c) In a bar.
(d) At the grocery store.
4. Upon receiving the news about Merrill's disappearance, whom does Bogus go to visit?
(c) Merrill's mom.
(d) Merrill's landlord.
5. How does Biggie describe Merrill?
(a) He is more honest than Bogus.
(b) He is well meaning.
(c) He is not as funny as he finds himself to be.
(d) He is crazy and completly mad.
6. When Bogus undresses at the studio, what article of clothing does he keep?
(a) His hat.
(b) His socks.
(c) His tie.
(d) His underwear.
7. How is the sting blown?
(a) Bogus loses the hashish.
(b) The dealer doesn't take the money.
(c) The dealer steals the hashish.
(d) The police enter too early.
8. How does Bogus react to Tulpen's allegations as they are getting ready for bed?
(a) He writes a letter about the ways he'll change.
(b) He throws a fish out of the window.
(c) He sings a song about his failures.
(d) He urinates for a long time in the bathroom.
9. How much time has passed since Bogus began his search for Merrill?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six months.
(d) A decade.
10. What is the name of the limo driver?
11. What is Tulpen's complaint about Bogus as they are getting ready for bed?
(a) Bogus does not try to find a more suitable job.
(b) Bogus does not make love to her enough.
(c) Bogus does not pay enough attention to her.
(d) Bogus does not clean up after himself.
12. What does Tulpen name her baby?
13. What change to his operation does Bogus consider in Chapter 30?
(a) He thinks he should cancel the operation and continue the water method.
(b) He thinks he should stay awake for the operation.
(c) He thinks he should have the operation postponed.
(d) He thinks he should be sterilized at the same time.
14. What do all of Bogus's hallucinations have in common?
(a) In each hallucination, Merrill needs sugar.
(b) In each hallucination, Merrill is lost.
(c) In each hallucination, Merrill is drowning.
(d) In each hallucination, Merrill needs help.
15. How does Bogus offend the bus passenger?
(a) Bogus insists that the passenger is Merrill.
(b) Bogus asks the passenger if he has something to hide.
(c) Bogus leaves a suitcase in the aisle way.
(d) Bogus continues to kick the passenger's seat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bogus learn about Merrill before the agents release him?
2. In Akthelt and Gunnel, who is the hero's bodyguard?
3. Whom does Dante mistake for Mr. Pillsbury?
4. What gift does Tulpen give Colm before he leaves her house?
5. What news does Biggie deliver to Bogus when he returns Colm?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)