|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gunnel stuff in the heads of the dead?
(a) Live eels.
(b) Live crabs.
(c) Live crayfish.
(d) Live scorpions.
2. What does Couth give Bogus before Bogus leaves for New York?
3. How much time has passed since Bogus began his search for Merrill?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) A decade.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
4. How is the sting blown?
(a) The dealer doesn't take the money.
(b) The police enter too early.
(c) The dealer steals the hashish.
(d) Bogus loses the hashish.
5. What does Bogus learn about Merrill before the agents release him?
(a) Merrill is dead.
(b) Merrill is in hiding.
(c) Merrill is in Vienna.
(d) Merrill is lost at sea.
6. What request does the hero make after his night out drinking with his bodyguard?
(a) He wants to sleep with Sprog's wife.
(b) He wants to dance on the villain's grave.
(c) He wants to have Sprog killed.
(d) He wants to see Gunnel once more.
7. Why is Bogus thrown out of the Iowa bar?
(a) He urinates on the wall.
(b) He is in a bar fight.
(c) He has consumed too much liquor.
(d) He refuses to pay his tab.
8. How do Tulpen and Bogus spend their time with Colm while he is visiting?
(a) They ignore him.
(b) They have him spend time at the studio.
(c) They hire him a sitter.
(d) They take him on fun trips.
9. How does Tulpen feel about Colm by the end of his trip?
(a) She realizes she'll never want children.
(b) She can't wait for him to leave.
(c) She thinks he's nice at a distance.
(d) She loves him.
10. In Chapter 31, what causes Tulpen to be so angry with Ralph?
(a) He speaks ill of Bogus.
(b) He answers the phone.
(c) He takes her towel.
(d) He allows filming while she's in the tub.
11. What news does Biggie deliver to Bogus when he returns Colm?
(a) She tells him Colm wants to move in with Tulpen.
(b) She tells him the movie has been canceled.
(c) She tells him Ralph is trying to sleep with her.
(d) She tells him she is in love with Couth.
12. In Bogus's dream in Chapter 28, where were he and Biggie?
(a) In a hotel.
(b) In Vienna.
(c) At the boathouse.
(d) At her parents' home.
13. In Akthelt and Gunnel, who is the hero's bodyguard?
(a) A troll.
(b) A sprite.
(c) A sphinx.
(d) A cyclops.
14. Why is Sprog exiled?
(a) He assaults the hero's wife.
(b) He taunts the hero's wife.
(c) He runs away with the hero's wife.
(d) He kisses the hero's wife.
15. What did Bogus mail to his father after he received the letter and money?
(a) A potted flower.
(b) A dead duck.
(c) A thank you note.
(d) A block of smelly cheese.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bogus spends his time in his hallucinations with __________.
2. With whom does Bogus live in Chapter 36?
3. What were Bogus and Biggie's sleeping arrangements in Bogus's flashback?
4. Why is Bogus angry at Kent when he sees him in the studio?
5. What causes Tulpen to cry after her argument with Bogus?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)