|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bodily function causes Bogus trouble?
2. Why did Biggie say Bogus still wouldn't succeed with a life like Couth's?
(a) He wouldn't stick with it.
(b) He wouldn't try hard enough.
(c) He wouldn't be happy.
(d) He wouldn't feel satisfied.
3. What did Merrill claim was at the bottom of the Danube?
(a) A tank.
(b) A treasure.
(c) A body.
(d) A ship.
4. What issue did Merrill have at the bar?
(a) He had too much to drink.
(b) He had an insulin reaction.
(c) He was in a bar fight.
(d) He lost his wallet.
5. On the night that Bogus and Biggie meet, what excuse did Biggie's friends give for needing to leave Bogus's room?
(a) The apartment was too small for so many guests.
(b) They had an early day in the morning.
(c) The car needed to be returned.
(d) They needed to meet curfew.
6. What did Bogus request from Couth at the end of the letter in Chapter 6?
(a) He wanted Couth to flush seventeen toilets.
(b) He wanted Couth to provide new window screens.
(c) He wanted Couth to visit more often.
(d) He wanted Couth to send more money.
7. What did Biggie do for a career at the time that she met Bogus?
(a) She was a professional ballerina.
(b) She was a basketball player.
(c) She was a hockey player.
(d) She was an Olympic skier.
8. Where did the man from the men's room work?
(a) The studio.
(b) The bookstore.
(c) The stadium.
(d) The cafe.
9. What term did Bogus use to describe Lydia's boyfriend?
10. After Bogus made his escape, who caught him?
(b) Fred Paff.
(c) The ROTC.
(d) The campus cop.
11. How did Bogus "escape" his Iowa life?
(a) By daydreaming about his wife and child.
(b) By focusing on the effects of the Water-Method.
(c) By enjoying the sight of Tupen's breasts.
(d) By listening to tapes of Merrill in Vienna.
12. What does Tulpen offer Bogus when she thinks he is upset?
(a) A fresh start.
(b) A baby.
(c) A day to relax.
(d) A new home.
13. What did Bogus need to accomplish for Biggie to stay with him after her friends left on the night he met Biggie?
(a) He needed to finish writing the poem.
(b) He needed to find her a decent snack to satisfy her.
(c) He needed to convince her friends to stay.
(d) He needed to complete Merrill's urine test.
14. What killed Couth's father?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) A car accident.
(c) A snake bite.
(d) A stroke.
15. While the rest of the studio crew is reviewing footage, where does Ralph send the errand boy?
(a) For copies.
(b) For a newspaper.
(c) For doughnuts.
(d) For more film rolls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bogus refuse to pay his Sears bill?
2. Why was Biggie angry with Bogus's father after she and Bogus first get married?
3. At what age did Bogus lose his virginity?
4. What did Bogus claim he brought to the mountains?
5. Which suggestion does the doctor NOT give Bogus for dealing with his problem?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)