|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Biggie say Bogus still wouldn't succeed with a life like Couth's?
(a) He wouldn't feel satisfied.
(b) He wouldn't be happy.
(c) He wouldn't try hard enough.
(d) He wouldn't stick with it.
2. Colm was named after _________.
(a) Bogus's grandfather.
(b) Biggie's grandfather.
(c) Biggie's uncle.
(d) Bogus's uncle.
3. At what age did Bogus lose his virginity?
4. How did Bogus "escape" his Iowa life?
(a) By enjoying the sight of Tupen's breasts.
(b) By focusing on the effects of the Water-Method.
(c) By daydreaming about his wife and child.
(d) By listening to tapes of Merrill in Vienna.
5. Where did Bogus and Biggie stay for the summer?
(b) New York.
6. Which solution does Tulpen think Bogus should choose?
(a) The Water-Method.
(b) The ointment.
(d) The surgery.
7. Who gave Bogus his nickname?
8. Why was the winner of the giant slalom offended by the interviewer?
(a) He commented on her nationality.
(b) He commented on her weight.
(c) He commented on her hygiene.
(d) He said she won by default.
9. Where would Bogus like to raise Colm?
(a) In his childhood home.
(b) At the circus.
(c) In a padded room.
(d) At the zoo.
10. What trait does Bogus envy in Dr. Vigneron?
11. Who discovered Bogus had an STD after his first act of intercourse?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) Mr. Fitch.
12. What disease did Bogus contract from Elsbeth?
(b) The clap.
13. How does Bogus describe himself in the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) A stranger in the mirror.
(b) A man of many failures.
(c) A lump of clay to be molded.
(d) A keeper of petty injustices.
14. What did Bogus tell Colm about the duck?
(a) It is hiding.
(b) It is playing a game.
(c) It is dead.
(d) It is hunting for food.
15. Who picked Bogus up after his company left him stranded in the country?
(a) The police.
(b) A search party.
(c) A biker gang.
(d) Duck hunters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who won the giant slalom?
2. How did Bogus cut his feet in the country?
3. What prior relationship did Bogus have with his first sexual partner?
4. What does Bogus think will happen to Colm?
5. In Chapter 8, to whom was Bogus writing letters?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)