|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bogus NOT imagine was stuffed inside the item he hoped to find at Elsbeth's house?
(b) Postage stamps.
2. Who, in the imagination of Bogus, is the author of Akthelt and Gunnel?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A peasant housewife.
(c) A queen.
(d) A fool.
3. On what topic were Bogus's thesis chairman and father in agreement?
4. How did Bogus "escape" his Iowa life?
(a) By listening to tapes of Merrill in Vienna.
(b) By enjoying the sight of Tupen's breasts.
(c) By focusing on the effects of the Water-Method.
(d) By daydreaming about his wife and child.
5. How does Bogus feel about his truck?
(a) He thinks no one has a worse truck than his.
(b) He's glad it's reliable for Biggie and Colm.
(c) He doesn't care for it, but he is glad to have something.
(d) It's the one thing he takes pride in.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his flashback, why did Bogus leave the house?
2. Whom does Bogus encounter in the night?
3. While Bogus was daydreaming about Merrill finding the tank, what errand did Biggie send him on?
4. What does etymological mean?
5. In what area did Bogus attempt to earn a PhD?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)