|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angel drop into his friend's Santa Muerte shrine in the end of Chapter 31?
2. What character is the focus of Chapter 29?
3. Which of the dams were the first to come down in Colorado?
4. Who does Lucy say funds the television show that Angel is watching in Chapter 34?
5. Where does the man tell Lucy to bring Angel the following day in Chapter 34?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the theme of perspective explored in Chapter 32?
2. How is the reversal of character between Angel and Lucy illustrated in Chapter 27?
3. How does Lucy's betrayal of Angel play out in Chapter 36?
4. What symbolism can be seen in Angel's conversation with Case in Chapter 31?
5. How has the perspective changed in Chapter 37? Why is this significant?
6. How are the characters of Angel and Toomie contrasted against one another in Chapter 29?
7. How have the changes in Lucy's circumstances impacted her role in the novel in Chapter 21?
8. How is the theme of power explored in Chapter 35?
9. How do Lucy's and Maria's circumstances compare in this section of the novel?
10. What moral choice does Lucy face in Chapter 34? What is significant about her decision?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Lucy's profession? How does Lucy's profession help her in the course of the novel? How does it hinder her? How does her profession influence her outlook on life?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Sarah and Maria in the novel. Where and when did Sarah and Maria meet? What led them to living with one another? What does Sarah do for survival? What happens to her in the course of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Maria's action of shooting Lucy in the end of the novel. What motivates Maria to shoot Lucy? What is the outcome of her decision? Do you think that Maria's choice was justified? Why or why not?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)