|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the word "sicario" translate to in English?
2. Where does Angel end up after being shot in Chapter 36?
(a) In a cemetery by the river.
(b) In a jail cell.
(c) In an abandoned basement.
(d) In a swimming pool.
3. At what time does the man at the bar tell Lucy to hand off Angel in Chapter 34?
(a) 1:00 p.m.
(b) 2:15 p.m.
(c) 3:30 p.m.
(d) 10:00 a.m.
4. Where does the man tell Lucy to bring Angel the following day in Chapter 34?
(a) A service station by a Merry Perry tent.
(b) The CAP reservoir.
(c) A rest area near Highway 66.
(d) A church near the Plaza.
5. What are the religious fanatics referred to in the novel?
(c) Merry Perrys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of sports jersey is the black guy sporting that is being stalked by gangbangers in the Plaza in Chapter 31?
2. What colors were the tattoo on the murderer's hand, according to Maria in Chapter 26?
3. Where do Angel and Maria exit from the infinity fountain in Chapter 24?
4. In Chapter 34, Lucy thinks, "This is what fear does ... It makes you" what?
5. Whom does Angel presume to be Lucy's abductor after hearing about the tattoo in Chapter 26?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does Maria make in Chapter 33? Why?
2. How has the perspective changed in Chapter 37? Why is this significant?
3. What is revealed through Maria's observation of Angel's concern for Lucy in Chapter 22?
4. What symbolism can be seen in Angel's conversation with Case in Chapter 31?
5. What moral choice does Lucy face in Chapter 34? What is significant about her decision?
6. How does the narrative perspective change in Chapter 23?
7. How have the changes in Lucy's circumstances impacted her role in the novel in Chapter 21?
8. What irony can be seen in Angel's conversation with Case in Chapter 31?
9. What irony can be seen in the relationship between Angel and Maria in Chapter 26?
10. How is the theme of power explored in Chapter 35?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)