|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Angel goes to pay at the gas station in Chapter 36?
(a) His card is denied.
(b) A tree falls on the building.
(c) A store alarm goes off.
(d) He is arrested.
2. How many fingers has Maria lost in the beginning of Chapter 35?
3. What surrounds the Santa Muerte shrine in the Vet's home in Chapter 33?
(a) Empty wine bottles.
(b) Empty tequila bottles.
(c) Candles and incense.
4. How does Maria describe the tattoo on the murderer's hand in Chapter 26?
(a) It was a butterfly.
(b) It was a snake tail.
(c) It was a wolf.
(d) It was an eagle.
5. The narrator says of Lucy's captors in Chapter 24, "The most terrifying thing about the men was" what?
(a) "How silent they were."
(b) "How businesslike they were."
(c) "How secreteive they were."
(d) "How brutal they were."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucy's captor use to beat her with in Chapter 24?
2. Who roars up to Toomie's home with Esteban in Chapter 33?
3. What colors were the tattoo on the murderer's hand, according to Maria in Chapter 26?
4. What does Lucy use to clean Angel's gunshot wound as she cleans it in Chapter 27?
5. What does Angel do with his cell phone after calling Catherine Case in Chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the perspective changed in Chapter 37? Why is this significant?
2. What is revealed through Maria's observation of Angel's concern for Lucy in Chapter 22?
3. What moral choice does Lucy face in Chapter 34? What is significant about her decision?
4. How does Maria's concern regarding the water rights differ from those of the other main characters in Chapter 23?
5. How is the theme of perspective explored in Chapter 32?
6. How is the theme of power explored in Chapter 35?
7. How are the characters of Angel and Toomie contrasted against one another in Chapter 29?
8. Why does Maria free the Vet's wild animals in Chapter 38?
9. How is the reversal of character between Angel and Lucy illustrated in Chapter 27?
10. How does Lucy's betrayal of Angel play out in Chapter 36?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)