|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character is the central focus in Chapter 33?
2. How does Maria describe the tattoo on the murderer's hand in Chapter 26?
(a) It was a wolf.
(b) It was a snake tail.
(c) It was an eagle.
(d) It was a butterfly.
3. What kind of weapon does Angel take with him when he goes into the safe house in Chapter 27?
(a) A SIG Sauer.
(b) A Remington.
(c) A Smith and Wesson.
(d) A Ruger.
4. How has Mexico changed in the future in The Water Knife?
(a) It's broken into Cartel States.
(b) It's split into 10 countries.
(c) It's become part of the United States.
(d) It's split into three countries.
5. Who is the man who comes and sits with Lucy after Timo leaves the bar in Chapter 34?
(a) Ray Torres.
(b) Michael Ratan.
(c) David Kota.
(d) James Sanderson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prison experiment does Lucy describe in Chapter 34?
2. Where does the man tell Lucy to bring Angel the following day in Chapter 34?
3. From whom are the Pima people descended, according to Lucy in Chapter 27?
4. What physical feature is noted about Angel's appearance in the novel?
5. Which of the dams were the first to come down in Colorado?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Angel and Lucy go in Chapter 28? Why? How is this setting described?
2. What symbolism can be seen in Angel's conversation with Case in Chapter 31?
3. What is revealed through Maria's observation of Angel's concern for Lucy in Chapter 22?
4. How does Lucy's betrayal of Angel play out in Chapter 36?
5. What is ironic about Angel's relationship with Maria when they first meet in Chapters 22 and 23?
6. How is the theme of power explored in Chapter 35?
7. How are the themes of danger and violence explored in Chapter 32?
8. What irony can be seen in Angel's conversation with Case in Chapter 31?
9. How does Maria manage to escape the Vet's compound in Chapter 38?
10. What is significant about the allusions to Relic Jones in Chapter 34?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)