|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Julio say the Coca-Cola bottling plant is relocating in Chapter 13?
2. Who left Lucy and Sarah a suitcase of clothes before going north?
(a) Ray Torres.
(b) Catherine Case.
(c) Tammy Bayless.
3. What is "da dong" translated as in Chapter 14?
(c) "Hit the hole."
4. What company has merged with the New York Times in the novel?
5. What words are tattooed on Angel's back?
(a) "Dios Salve al Rey."
(b) "La Santa Muerte."
(c) "Angelito Mio."
(d) "Madre Mia."
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug does Sarah give to Maria in Chapter 15?
2. How much water flows through the Colorado River, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
3. What does "CAP" refer to in the novel?
4. What is the name of Timo's sister?
5. Where is Maria hiding in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the theme of choices illustrated in Chapter 8?
2. How does Lucy differ from the other main characters in terms of privilege?
3. What is the purpose of the author revealing Angel's back-story in Chapter 4?
4. How is Angel's character introduced in Chapter 1? What does the author reveal about his character in this chapter?
5. What is the principle setting of The Water Knife? How is this setting described?
6. What is significant about the phone call between Angel and Case in Chapter 7?
7. What observations does Lucy make of Maria and Sarah in Chapter 14?
8. In Chapters 17 through 20, the three main characters finally come into direct contact with one another. How does this impact the narrative?
9. What is established through the exchange between Lucy and Angel in Chapter 16?
10. What is the signifcance of the allusions to Cadillac Desert in Chapter 18?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)