|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ratan's first name?
2. What book does Angel reach for on Lucy's shelf in Chapter 16?
(a) Alice in Wonderland.
(b) The Odyssey.
(c) The Works of William Shakespeare.
(d) Cadillac Desert.
3. Where does Lucy's sister live?
(b) New York.
4. How much water flows through the Colorado River, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
(a) 15 million acre-feet a year.
(b) 10 million acre-feet a year.
(c) 7 million acre-feet a year.
(d) 2 million acre-feet a year.
5. What does Julio call the headquarters for the California water knives in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is the water at the Red Cross/China Friendship water pump in Chapter 3?
2. Where does Julio say the Coca-Cola bottling plant is relocating in Chapter 13?
3. What color are the Vet's eyes described as in Chapter 12?
4. Where does Lucy meet Timo in Chapter 14?
5. What are the residents of Phoenix called in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is established through the exchange between Lucy and Angel in Chapter 16?
2. What motif appears in Chapter 16? What does this motif foreshadow?
3. How does Maria's perspective differ from those of the other main characters when she is introduced in Chapter 3?
4. How is the narrative of The Water Knife related?
5. How do the antagonists for Angel, Lucy, and Maria differ?
6. How would you describe the language style of The Water Knife?
7. What is the signifcance of the allusions to Cadillac Desert in Chapter 18?
8. What is the principle setting of The Water Knife? How is this setting described?
9. What observations does Lucy make of Maria and Sarah in Chapter 14?
10. What character transformation begins to occur in Chapter 11?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)