|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Anna's husband?
2. Where is Lucy from?
(b) New York.
3. How is Lucy's dog described in Chapter 16?
(a) An Australian Shepherd mix.
(b) A German Shepherd mix.
(c) A poodle mix.
(d) A pit-bull mix.
4. Where is Lucy meeting with the Chinese engineer in Chapter 19?
(a) Cafe Ole.
(b) The Four Seasons.
(c) Saguaro Coffee.
(d) The Hilton 6.
5. What kind of car does Angel drive?
(a) A Ford.
(b) A Tesla.
(c) A Chevrolet.
(d) A Jeep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Maria hiding in Chapter 20?
2. Where does Lucy's sister live?
3. For how long can Cypress 1 run on its own water without even dipping into the Colorado River supply?
4. What is the area called in Phoenix which "had been Phoenix's attempt to build a Las Vegas south of the river," according to the narrator in Chapter 14?
5. Who is the photographer that often works with Lucy on stories?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the inciting event that sets the narrative into motion?
2. How are the events in Chapter 15 significant in terms of Maria's role in the story?
3. What is illustrated for the reader in the first encounter between Lucy and Maria in Chapter 14?
4. How is the narrative of The Water Knife related?
5. How is Angel's character introduced in Chapter 1? What does the author reveal about his character in this chapter?
6. What paradox can be seen in Angel's character? How is this paradox illustrated in Chapter 1?
7. What observations does Lucy make of Maria and Sarah in Chapter 14?
8. What is established through the exchange between Lucy and Angel in Chapter 16?
9. What is the principle setting of The Water Knife? How is this setting described?
10. How does Maria's perspective differ from those of the other main characters when she is introduced in Chapter 3?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)