|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character's perspective does Chapter 37 focus on?
2. What does Lucy use to clean Angel's gunshot wound as she cleans it in Chapter 27?
3. What is the title of the book that Maria takes from Ratan's apartment in Chapter 23?
(a) Alice in Wonderland.
(b) Cadillac Desert.
(c) The Odyssey.
(d) Tomorrow's Shadow.
4. What prison experiment does Lucy describe in Chapter 34?
(a) The San Quentin prison experiment.
(b) The Attica prison experiment.
(c) The Stanford prison experiment.
(d) The Berkeley prison experiment.
5. Where does Angel end up after being shot in Chapter 36?
(a) In a cemetery by the river.
(b) In a swimming pool.
(c) In an abandoned basement.
(d) In a jail cell.
6. How has Mexico changed in the future in The Water Knife?
(a) It's become part of the United States.
(b) It's split into three countries.
(c) It's split into 10 countries.
(d) It's broken into Cartel States.
7. What does Angel do with his cell phone after calling Catherine Case in Chapter 31?
(a) He gives it to Lucy.
(b) He sells it.
(c) He drops it in a mailbox.
(d) He crushes it.
8. What does Lucy claim to be getting in the gas station in Chapter 36?
(a) A beer.
(b) A Coca-Cola.
(c) A bottle of juice.
9. In Chapter 34, Lucy thinks, "This is what fear does ... It makes you" what?
(a) "Cold and balanced."
(b) "Run away."
(c) "A perfect liar."
(d) "Dead inside."
10. Which of the dams in Colorado was hit third?
(a) Crystal Dam.
(b) Hoover Dam.
(c) Morrow Point Dam.
(d) Blue Mesa Dam.
11. When does Lucy say the water rights were granted to the Pima people on the Colorado River in Chapter 27?
(a) In the early 1900s.
(b) In the late 1700s.
(c) In the late 1800s.
(d) In the 1940s.
12. Where do Angel and Maria exit from the infinity fountain in Chapter 24?
(a) In the hydroponics room.
(b) In the underground subway system.
(c) In the tube to the CAP canal.
(d) In the water-treatment systems.
13. What are the religious fanatics referred to in the novel?
(d) Merry Perrys.
14. Where does Angel get shot when he's rescuing Lucy in Chapter 27?
(a) In the shoulder.
(b) In the arm.
(c) In the leg.
(d) In the gut.
15. What is the name of the guy Julio killed other than Jamie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What character is the central focus in Chapter 33?
2. Where does Catherine Case say she is when she talks on the phone with Angel in Chapter 31?
3. What is the newsline hashtag that Lucy frequently writes for?
4. Where does Catherine Case say that all the water from the hit Dams in Colorado is heading now in Chapter 31?
5. Who is the man who comes and sits with Lucy after Timo leaves the bar in Chapter 34?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)