|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Angel presume to be Lucy's abductor after hearing about the tattoo in Chapter 26?
(a) Catherine Case.
(b) Ray Torres.
2. What character is the central focus in Chapter 33?
3. Where does Esteban shoot Toomie in Chapter 33?
(a) In the foot.
(b) In the chest.
(c) In the shoulder.
(d) In the knee.
4. The narrator says of Lucy's captors in Chapter 24, "The most terrifying thing about the men was" what?
(a) "How brutal they were."
(b) "How businesslike they were."
(c) "How secreteive they were."
(d) "How silent they were."
5. What kind of business cards did Timo's visitors flash when they came to talk to him in Chapter 34?
(b) CIS Corp.
(c) Intellitek Corporation.
(d) Ibis Exploratory.
6. What does Angel do with his cell phone after calling Catherine Case in Chapter 31?
(a) He gives it to Lucy.
(b) He crushes it.
(c) He sells it.
(d) He drops it in a mailbox.
7. Who does Angel describe coming after his family in Mexico in Chapter 32?
8. How does Angel say he got the grate open as he and Maria escape in Chapter 24?
(a) He used his access card.
(b) He shot it.
(c) He used a standard password.
(d) He used a key.
9. Where does Catherine Case say she is when she talks on the phone with Angel in Chapter 31?
(a) The Academy Awards.
(b) Her father's funeral.
(c) The Cypress Five launch party.
(d) The Pulitzer Prize Ceremony.
10. Where was Angel in Mexico when he encountered a killer face-to-face?
(a) Mexico City.
11. What character is the focus of Chapter 29?
12. How many floors does the infinity pond flow down at Taiyang?
(a) Two floors.
(b) Five floors.
(c) Three floors.
(d) Four floors.
13. Where have the dams been destroyed on the news reports in Chapter 23?
(c) New Mexico.
14. Who brings Maria food and water in Chapter 35?
(a) The Vet.
15. What does Lucy make out from the window of the home where she's held captive in Chapter 24?
(a) The Hoover Dam.
(b) The Klamath River.
(c) The CAP canal.
(d) The Ohio River.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Angel get shot when he's rescuing Lucy in Chapter 27?
2. What prison experiment does Lucy describe in Chapter 34?
3. Who is the man who comes and sits with Lucy after Timo leaves the bar in Chapter 34?
4. What are the religious fanatics referred to in the novel?
5. How does Angel get past the worker as he and Maria escape through the tunnels in Chapter 24?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)