|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What television show is Angel watching in Chapter 34?
(a) Saturday Night Live.
(c) The Lone Ranger.
2. When does Lucy say the water rights were granted to the Pima people on the Colorado River in Chapter 27?
(a) In the late 1800s.
(b) In the 1940s.
(c) In the late 1700s.
(d) In the early 1900s.
3. Whom does Angel presume to be Lucy's abductor after hearing about the tattoo in Chapter 26?
(a) Catherine Case.
(c) Ray Torres.
4. How does Maria describe the tattoo on the murderer's hand in Chapter 26?
(a) It was a snake tail.
(b) It was a wolf.
(c) It was a butterfly.
(d) It was an eagle.
5. Who does Angel describe coming after his family in Mexico in Chapter 32?
6. Where are the license plates from on the car that Lucy has borrowed from Charlene in Chapter 34?
7. What colors were the tattoo on the murderer's hand, according to Maria in Chapter 26?
(a) Green and gold.
(b) Black and blue.
(c) Blue and white.
(d) Red and gold.
8. What color is Angel's car?
9. What does "La Santa Muerte" translate to in English?
(a) "Death Knight."
(b) "Water of the River."
(c) "Mother of God."
(d) "Lady Death."
10. What does Lucy's captor use to beat her with in Chapter 24?
(a) A belt.
(b) A sock filled with soap.
(c) A bicycle chain.
(d) An electrical cord.
11. What kind of weapon does Angel take with him when he goes into the safe house in Chapter 27?
(a) A SIG Sauer.
(b) A Remington.
(c) A Ruger.
(d) A Smith and Wesson.
12. What was written on the knuckles of the man who held a gun to Angel in Mexico?
13. What are the religious fanatics referred to in the novel?
(c) Merry Perrys.
14. Where did Angel's father take him after his wife and daughters were killed in Mexico?
(a) El Oeste.
(b) El Sur.
(c) El Norte.
(d) El Este.
15. What kind of sports jersey is the black guy sporting that is being stalked by gangbangers in the Plaza in Chapter 31?
(a) The New York Yankees.
(b) The Dallas Cowboys.
(c) The Seattle Seahawks.
(d) The Houston Astros.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prison experiment does Lucy describe in Chapter 34?
2. Where does the man tell Lucy to bring Angel the following day in Chapter 34?
3. What character is the central focus in Chapter 33?
4. Who brings Maria food and water in Chapter 35?
5. Who was Catherine Case's water knife that was supposed to be keeping an eye on what California was doing?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)