|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character is the focus of Chapter 7?
2. Who is Lucy's friend that has been found murdered in Chapter 2?
3. What does the "SNWA" stand for in the novel?
(a) The Southwest Non-operating Water Accreditation.
(b) The Seattle North-West Agenda.
(c) The Sundays No Water Arrangement.
(d) The Southern Nevada Water Authority.
4. Who is the photographer that often works with Lucy on stories?
(a) Ray Torres.
5. What character is the central focus in Chapter 18?
6. Who is the Vet's thug that demands rent money from Maria in Chapter 6?
7. What color hair does Catherine Case have?
8. Lucy relates in Chapter 14 that Ratan was sent to Phoenix to serve as chief hydrologist on what project?
(a) The Phoenix Rising project.
(b) The Scarlet Letter project.
(c) The Verde Aquifer project.
(d) The NWAS Project.
9. What is Julio's last name?
10. What kind of car does Angel drive?
(a) A Chevrolet.
(b) A Tesla.
(c) A Jeep.
(d) A Ford.
11. Where does Julio say the Coca-Cola bottling plant is relocating in Chapter 13?
12. What does Lucy share with a bartender in the back alley of Apocalypse Now! in Chapter 14?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A martini.
(c) A flask of whiskey.
(d) An electronic hash cigarette.
13. Where is the smoky wind blowing in from when Maria goes out to sell water in Chapter 6?
14. Who is the cop that Lucy remembers talking to her when she reported on her first body in Chapter 5?
(a) Michael Ratan.
(b) Catherine Case.
(c) Ray Torres.
(d) Jack Walker.
15. What are the residents of the Taiyang called in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What character does Tau Ox play on the television show that Angel enjoys?
2. What words are tattooed on Angel's back?
3. What does the billboard say above the Chamber of Commerce in Chapter 13?
4. Who is the Phoenix Water lawyer that Lucy's written several articles about in Chapter 13?
5. What is Ratan's room number at the Taiyang?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)