|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Lucy's friend's murdered body discovered?
(a) Outside the Hilton 6.
(b) Outside the YMCA.
(c) At the state capital.
(d) Inside a movie theater.
2. Who is the Phoenix Water lawyer that Lucy's written several articles about in Chapter 13?
(a) Dona Arroyo.
(b) Ray Torres.
(c) Michael Ratan.
(d) James Sanderson.
3. What does Lucy share with a bartender in the back alley of Apocalypse Now! in Chapter 14?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A flask of whiskey.
(c) A martini.
(d) An electronic hash cigarette.
4. For how long can Cypress 1 run on its own water without even dipping into the Colorado River supply?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 2 weeks.
5. What is "da dong" translated as in Chapter 14?
(a) "Hit the hole."
6. What role-playing video game is alluded to in Chapter 11?
(a) World of Warcraft.
(b) New Vice City.
7. Who left Lucy and Sarah a suitcase of clothes before going north?
(a) Ray Torres.
(b) Tammy Bayless.
(c) Catherine Case.
8. What does the billboard say above the Chamber of Commerce in Chapter 13?
(a) "Phoenix Rising."
(b) "Water Counts."
(c) "Welcome to Phoenix."
(d) "Another Day, Another Dollar."
9. What is Julio's last name?
10. How is the interior of Lucy's home described in Chapter 16?
(a) "Cluttered and filled with papers."
(b) "Tiny and claustrophobic."
(c) "Lined with books from wall to wall."
(d) "Neat and spare and cool."
11. What is Angel's last name in the narrative?
12. Where is Sarah from?
13. Where is Lucy from?
(a) New York.
14. Who is the female "guardie" that straps Angel in on the helicopter in Chapter 1?
15. What color hair does Catherine Case have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Lucy's dog described in Chapter 16?
2. Where does Julio say the Coca-Cola bottling plant is relocating in Chapter 13?
3. What is Charles Braxton's profession?
4. What character is the focus of Chapter 7?
5. Who is the cop that Lucy remembers talking to her when she reported on her first body in Chapter 5?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)