|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character is the focus of Chapter 7?
2. Where does Julio say the Coca-Cola bottling plant is relocating in Chapter 13?
3. Whom does Lucy guess Angel's boss to be in Chapter 16?
(a) Michael Ratan.
(b) Ray Torres.
(c) Catherine Case.
(d) Tammy Bayless.
4. Where is Lucy meeting with the Chinese engineer in Chapter 19?
(a) Saguaro Coffee.
(b) Cafe Ole.
(c) The Four Seasons.
(d) The Hilton 6.
5. What is Charles Braxton's profession?
(a) He is a professional baseball player.
(b) He is a butcher.
(c) He is a banker.
(d) He is a lawyer.
6. Whose perspective is the focus of Chapter 17?
7. What does the "SNWA" stand for in the novel?
(a) The Sundays No Water Arrangement.
(b) The Seattle North-West Agenda.
(c) The Southern Nevada Water Authority.
(d) The Southwest Non-operating Water Accreditation.
8. What does the bartender cite as the motto for the company called Ibis in Chapter 14?
(a) "Fracking for the Future."
(b) "Less Water, More Oil."
(c) "Phoenix Rising."
(d) "Tomorrow's a New Day."
9. Where does Angel go to fufill Catherine Case's orders in Chapter 1?
(a) Carver City.
(b) Los Angeles.
10. How much water flows through the Colorado River, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
(a) 15 million acre-feet a year.
(b) 10 million acre-feet a year.
(c) 2 million acre-feet a year.
(d) 7 million acre-feet a year.
11. What is the slang term used to refer to inexperienced journalists in the novel?
12. What character does Tau Ox play on the television show that Angel enjoys?
(a) Relic Jones.
(b) Bruce Wayne.
(c) Burton Hest.
(d) Jack Frost.
13. What is the name of Timo's sister?
14. What book does Angel reach for on Lucy's shelf in Chapter 16?
(a) The Odyssey.
(b) Alice in Wonderland.
(c) Cadillac Desert.
(d) The Works of William Shakespeare.
15. What kind of car does Angel drive?
(a) A Ford.
(b) A Jeep.
(c) A Tesla.
(d) A Chevrolet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug does Sarah give to Maria in Chapter 15?
2. What are the names of Lucy's sister's children?
3. What character is the central focus in Chapter 18?
4. Where is the smoky wind blowing in from when Maria goes out to sell water in Chapter 6?
5. Who is Lucy's friend that has been found murdered in Chapter 2?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)