|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color hair does Catherine Case have?
2. What color are the Vet's eyes described as in Chapter 12?
3. What are the water knives from California called in the novel?
4. What does Lucy share with a bartender in the back alley of Apocalypse Now! in Chapter 14?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A flask of whiskey.
(c) A martini.
(d) An electronic hash cigarette.
5. At what hotel is Angel staying in Chapter 13?
(a) The Casa Mona.
(b) The Holiday Inn.
(c) The Hilton 6.
(d) The Buckley.
6. Where was Lucy's friend's murdered body discovered?
(a) At the state capital.
(b) Outside the Hilton 6.
(c) Inside a movie theater.
(d) Outside the YMCA.
7. In the opening of Chapter 1, the narrator says, "There are stories in" what?
8. Whom does Lucy guess Angel's boss to be in Chapter 16?
(a) Michael Ratan.
(b) Tammy Bayless.
(c) Catherine Case.
(d) Ray Torres.
9. What is Charles Braxton's profession?
(a) He is a professional baseball player.
(b) He is a butcher.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is a banker.
10. What is Lucy's last name?
11. What kind of car does Angel drive?
(a) A Ford.
(b) A Chevrolet.
(c) A Tesla.
(d) A Jeep.
12. What is the name of Timo's sister?
13. What drug does Sarah give to Maria in Chapter 15?
14. Who is the Vet's thug that demands rent money from Maria in Chapter 6?
15. Who is the cop that Lucy remembers talking to her when she reported on her first body in Chapter 5?
(a) Jack Walker.
(b) Ray Torres.
(c) Catherine Case.
(d) Michael Ratan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character does Tau Ox play on the television show that Angel enjoys?
2. What does the "SNWA" stand for in the novel?
3. Where is the smoky wind blowing in from when Maria goes out to sell water in Chapter 6?
4. Where are the refugees from that are murdered relentlessly in the novel?
5. What role-playing video game is alluded to in Chapter 11?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)