|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31 – 38 .
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food is brought to Maria while she's in the cage in Chapter 35?
(c) Beans and rice.
(d) A burger and fries.
2. Who does the man at the bar threaten to hurt if Lucy doesn't comply and hand over Angel in Chapter 34?
(a) Anna and her family.
(b) Timo and his family.
(c) Maria and her family.
(d) Toomie and his family.
3. What is the stranger wearing when Maria wakes up in Chapter 22?
(a) A cowboy hat and leather jacket.
(b) A crisp black suit.
(c) A tank top.
(d) A ballistic jacket.
4. How does Angel say he got the grate open as he and Maria escape in Chapter 24?
(a) He shot it.
(b) He used a standard password.
(c) He used a key.
(d) He used his access card.
5. What is the drug referred to repeatedly in the novel called?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the "SNWA" stand for in the novel?
2. Where does Esteban shoot Toomie in Chapter 33?
3. Who is the Vet's thug that demands rent money from Maria in Chapter 6?
4. What is the area called in Phoenix which "had been Phoenix's attempt to build a Las Vegas south of the river," according to the narrator in Chapter 14?
5. What does the bartender cite as the motto for the company called Ibis in Chapter 14?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)