|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 – 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lucy's last name?
2. What does the bartender cite as the motto for the company called Ibis in Chapter 14?
(a) "Fracking for the Future."
(b) "Phoenix Rising."
(c) "Tomorrow's a New Day."
(d) "Less Water, More Oil."
3. What is the drug referred to repeatedly in the novel called?
4. What company has merged with the New York Times in the novel?
5. What is Angel's last name in the narrative?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long can Cypress 1 run on its own water without even dipping into the Colorado River supply?
2. What is the slang term used to refer to inexperienced journalists in the novel?
3. What are the water knives from California called in the novel?
4. What character is the central focus in Chapter 18?
5. How much water flows through the Colorado River, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)