|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 39 – 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the man at the bar threaten to hurt if Lucy doesn't comply and hand over Angel in Chapter 34?
(a) Anna and her family.
(b) Toomie and his family.
(c) Maria and her family.
(d) Timo and his family.
2. What does Lucy's captor use to beat her with in Chapter 24?
(a) An electrical cord.
(b) A bicycle chain.
(c) A belt.
(d) A sock filled with soap.
3. What company has merged with the New York Times in the novel?
4. What does Lucy claim to be getting in the gas station in Chapter 36?
(a) A Coca-Cola.
(c) A bottle of juice.
(d) A beer.
5. What does the bartender cite as the motto for the company called Ibis in Chapter 14?
(a) "Fracking for the Future."
(b) "Less Water, More Oil."
(c) "Tomorrow's a New Day."
(d) "Phoenix Rising."
Short Answer Questions
1. At what hotel is Angel staying in Chapter 13?
2. Who roars up to Toomie's home with Esteban in Chapter 33?
3. How many pages is the water rights document when it is discovered in Chapter 45?
4. How does Angel say he got the grate open as he and Maria escape in Chapter 24?
5. Who is Lucy's friend that has been found murdered in Chapter 2?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)