|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 – 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the billboard say above the Chamber of Commerce in Chapter 13?
(a) "Phoenix Rising."
(b) "Another Day, Another Dollar."
(c) "Welcome to Phoenix."
(d) "Water Counts."
2. Who is the Phoenix Water lawyer that Lucy's written several articles about in Chapter 13?
(a) James Sanderson.
(b) Ray Torres.
(c) Dona Arroyo.
(d) Michael Ratan.
3. What is "da dong" translated as in Chapter 14?
(d) "Hit the hole."
4. How much is the water at the Red Cross/China Friendship water pump in Chapter 3?
5. What color are the Vet's eyes described as in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long can Cypress 1 run on its own water without even dipping into the Colorado River supply?
2. Where is Lucy meeting with the Chinese engineer in Chapter 19?
3. Where is the smoky wind blowing in from when Maria goes out to sell water in Chapter 6?
4. What is the name of Timo's sister?
5. What does Julio call the headquarters for the California water knives in Chapter 11?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)