Chapters 1 – 10
• All citations in this lesson plan refer to the Kindle edition of The Water Knife, published May 26, 2015.
• The narrative is related in the past tense from a third-person omniscient narrator and alternates between focusing on the perspectives of its three central characters: Angel, Lucy, and Maria.
• In Chapter 1, Angel’s boss, Catherine Case, had instructed Angel to fly to Carver City in Arizona and destroy the headquarters of the city’s water supply.
• Angel obeyed her orders, cutting off the water supply of more than 100,000 people.
• In Chapter 2, journalist Lucy Monroe awoke in her house in Phoenix, Arizona, a city on the brink of collapse due to a lack of water.
• Lucy received news of a murder and went to investigate, discovering that the dead man was her friend Jamie and that his body had been horribly mutilated.
• Lucy remembered Jamie telling her about a legal scheme...
This section contains 2,371 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)