|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What building is Susannah reminded of in Chapter 21 as she follows Maud and Jeeves to the Cradle of Lud?
(a) The Louver.
(b) The Sphinx.
(c) The New York Public Library.
(d) The Parthenon.
2. To what machines does Tick-Tock Man compare the feeling in his head in Chapter 40?
(a) A machine press.
(b) A cider press.
(c) A clothes press.
(d) A printing press.
3. What does Tick-Tock Man want the computers for, as he admits in Chapter 31?
(a) To work for him so he can control Lud.
(b) To kill everyone in Lud.
(c) To stop them from playing the drum back beat.
(d) To take over the world.
4. What does Tick-Tock Man want Jake to give him as a gift?
(a) His Seiko.
(b) His gun.
(c) His pack.
(d) His books.
5. How does Roland find his way through the maze in Chapter 20?
(a) With the ability to see Jake's aura lingering.
(b) With Oy's sense of smell and direction.
(c) Through the sound of Jake's thoughts.
(d) Through the sound Gasher makes as he runs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roland put a leash on Oy in Chapter 23?
2. How can Blaine tell when Eddie or Susannah are lying to him?
3. What story does Eddie want Roland to tell in Chapter 6?
4. Why does Jake begin to cry at the end of Chapter 13?
5. In what way did Tick-Tock Man kill the laughing woman?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)