|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gasher make Jake sing in Chapter 25?
(a) To entertain Gasher.
(b) To keep the haunts that live in the machines away.
(c) To announce their arrival to Tick-Tock Man.
(d) To throw Roland off their trail.
2. What does Susannah think in Chapter 3 made Roland turn inward on himself?
(a) The Big Empty.
(b) The Big Bomb.
(c) The Big War.
(d) The Big Depression.
3. What does one of the twins say fell out of the sky like Icarus in Chapter 9?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A child.
(c) A bird.
(d) A flying man.
4. What did Jake leave behind that Roland picks up in Chapter 20?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His pack.
(c) His books.
(d) His hat.
5. How does Roland give Jake instructions in Chapter 28?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purple cloud Jake and the others can see covering the city in Chapter 6?
2. Who does the guy Eddie shoots in Chapter 21 look like to Susannah?
3. How much time is left when Susannah begins entering the combination to open Blaine gate in Chapter 3?
4. What do Roland and his friends find in Chapter 5?
5. Who figures out the answer to Blaine's riddle in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blaine demand of Eddie and Susannah in Chapter 30 before he will agree to transport Roland and the ka-tet?
2. How did Mercy lose her eyesight?
3. What does Roland tell his friends about the ka-tet in Chapter 19? What does Eddie realize after he hears this information?
4. How do Susannah and Eddie finally reach Blaine's cradle in Chapter 24?
5. What does Jake dream in chapter 16? What impression is he left with afterward?
6. Where does Gasher take Jake?
7. How does Roland communicate with Jake in Chapter 31?
8. What is significant about the airplane Roland and his ka-tet find in Chapter 1?
9. What are the most striking differences between the city of Lud and the underground bunker?
10. What does Jake believe Blaine, whom he has constantly seen as a danger, plans to do in Chapter 8?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)