|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susannah ask Blaine in Chapter 30?
(a) Where it came from.
(b) A riddle.
(c) Who built it.
(d) Where it is going.
2. Why does Jake briefly think about stepping on a trigger to a boobytrap in Chapter 19?
(a) He wants to kill Gasher.
(b) He hopes it will alert Roland to his location.
(c) Because it has to be better than what Gasher has planned for him.
(d) He hopes it will make things safer for Roland and the others.
3. How do Jake and Roland find their way to Susannah and Eddie in Chapter 38?
(a) They are led by signs in the hallway outside the bunker.
(b) They follow a troll Blaine has sent.
(c) They follow a Pubes.
(d) They follow a silver ball Blaine has sent them.
4. What does Tick-Tock Man want the computers for, as he admits in Chapter 31?
(a) To take over the world.
(b) To work for him so he can control Lud.
(c) To kill everyone in Lud.
(d) To stop them from playing the drum back beat.
5. Who is Blaine?
(a) The train conductor in Lud.
(b) The train mechanic in Lud.
(c) A train that runs southeast through Lud.
(d) A train that runs northeast through Lud.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way did Tick-Tock Man kill the laughing woman?
2. What does Roland ask Aunt Talitha to do for him and his friends in Chapter 13?
3. How does Roland say he knows they are being followed in Chapter 2?
4. What contest does Roland's ka-tet and Blaine enter into in the final pages of the novel?
5. Why does Gasher make Jake sing in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blaine demand of Eddie and Susannah in Chapter 30 before he will agree to transport Roland and the ka-tet?
2. What does Jake believe Blaine, whom he has constantly seen as a danger, plans to do in Chapter 8?
3. What are the most striking differences between the city of Lud and the underground bunker?
4. What is significant about the airplane Roland and his ka-tet find in Chapter 1?
5. Who is Gasher? What does he want?
6. What weakness does Jake discover in Gasher's personality in Chapter 25?
7. What does Jake dream in chapter 16? What impression is he left with afterward?
8. How do Susannah and Eddie finally reach Blaine's cradle in Chapter 24?
9. Who reports he once saw the train called Blaine in Lud? What did he see?
10. What do Bill and Till tell Roland and his ka-tet about the large city of Lud?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)