|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man who visits Tick-Tock Man in Chapter 40 ask Tick-Tock Man to call him?
(a) Randall Flagg.
(b) Jack Mort.
(c) Richard Fannin.
2. What has happened to two buildings on the outskirts of the town Roland and his friends come to in Chapter 4?
(a) They have exploded.
(b) They have been burned.
(c) They have been abandoned.
(d) They have fallen to ruin.
3. What does Eddie say jokes are supposed to make you do in Chapter 2?
(a) Think around corners.
(b) Have fun.
(c) Think critically.
(d) Be amused.
4. Who claims to have heard a sonic boom after seeing Blaine running in Lud in Chapter 11?
(c) Aunt Talitha.
5. What does Susannah believe the speakers broadcasting the drum back beat were originally used for?
(a) Music for festivals.
(c) Announcements and propoganda during the war.
(d) Crowd control.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Roland and his friends find in Chapter 5?
2. Why does Eddie fire a shot from his Ruger into the rain soaked sky in Chapter 27?
3. How does Eddie prove to Big Blaine who he is and where he came from in Chapter 27?
4. What reason does Blaine give in Chapter 39 for killing everyone in Lud?
5. Who does Jake guess was Tick-Tock Man's grandfather in Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the ending of the book say about the future of these characters?
2. What does Blaine demand of Eddie and Susannah in Chapter 30 before he will agree to transport Roland and the ka-tet?
3. What is significant about the drum beat that Roland and his ka-tet have been able to hear for days since beginning their approach to Lud? What becomes apparent about the purpose of this drum beat?
4. In Chapters 5-6, what happens to Blaine's cabin walls? For what reason?
5. What are the most striking differences between the city of Lud and the underground bunker?
6. How do Susannah and Eddie finally reach Blaine's cradle in Chapter 24?
7. What is the reaction of the people of River Crossing when they learn Roland is a gunslinger?
8. How does Roland communicate with Jake in Chapter 31?
9. Who reports he once saw the train called Blaine in Lud? What did he see?
10. What does Roland tell his friends about the ka-tet in Chapter 19? What does Eddie realize after he hears this information?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)