|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way did Tick-Tock Man kill the laughing woman?
(a) With a gun.
(b) With a poison.
(c) With a knife he threw across the room.
(d) With a rope around her throat.
2. What does Susannah ask Blaine in Chapter 30?
(a) Where it is going.
(b) A riddle.
(c) Where it came from.
(d) Who built it.
3. What does Eddie believe caused the crash?
(a) The plane was hit with lightning.
(b) The plane was hit by gunfire.
(c) The plane ran out of gas.
(d) The plane ran into a storm.
4. Why does Gasher make Jake sing in Chapter 25?
(a) To throw Roland off their trail.
(b) To announce their arrival to Tick-Tock Man.
(c) To keep the haunts that live in the machines away.
(d) To entertain Gasher.
5. What do Roland and his friends find in the cockpit of the plane in Chapter 1?
(a) The mummified remains of Jack Mort.
(b) The mummified remains of Andrew Quick.
(c) The mummified remains of David Quick.
(d) The mummified remains of Walter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who bursts into the bunker and attacks Tick-Tock Man in Chapter 31?
2. Where did Eddie and Roland get the Keflex pills they give to Jake in Chapter 1?
3. What do Roland and his friends find in Chapter 5?
4. Who is Blaine?
5. How does Susannah believe the people of River Crossing look at Roland in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blaine demand of Eddie and Susannah in Chapter 30 before he will agree to transport Roland and the ka-tet?
2. What does Susannah notice in the city in Chapter 18? What were they used for?
3. What does Blaine tell Roland and his ka-tet is the reason he has decided to end his existence?
4. Where does Gasher take Jake?
5. What do Eddie and Susannah learn about Blaine in Chapter 27?
6. What does the ending of the book say about the future of these characters?
7. What does Roland tell his friends about the ka-tet in Chapter 19? What does Eddie realize after he hears this information?
8. What do Jake's actions in Chapters 32-34 say about his character?
9. What is significant about the drum beat that Roland and his ka-tet have been able to hear for days since beginning their approach to Lud? What becomes apparent about the purpose of this drum beat?
10. In Chapters 5-6, what happens to Blaine's cabin walls? For what reason?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)