|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Roland and his friends find in the cockpit of the plane in Chapter 1?
(a) The mummified remains of Andrew Quick.
(b) The mummified remains of David Quick.
(c) The mummified remains of Jack Mort.
(d) The mummified remains of Walter.
2. What do Roland and his friends find in Chapter 5?
(a) A dog that has rabies.
(b) A beehave that has been poisoned with radiation.
(c) A fish with cold sores.
(d) A bird with parasites.
3. Who bursts into the bunker and attacks Tick-Tock Man in Chapter 31?
4. What building is Susannah reminded of in Chapter 21 as she follows Maud and Jeeves to the Cradle of Lud?
(a) The Louver.
(b) The New York Public Library.
(c) The Parthenon.
(d) The Sphinx.
5. Where is Jake in a dream in Chapter 16?
(a) West Texas.
(b) Western Missouri.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jake guess was Tick-Tock Man's grandfather in Chapter 28?
2. What warning does Maud give to Susannah in Chapter 25?
3. What type of computers does Tick-Tock Man ask Jake about in Chapter 31?
4. What does Oy tell Roland in Chapter 29 about the people in the room?
5. Why does Eddie fire a shot from his Ruger into the rain soaked sky in Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jake dream in chapter 16? What impression is he left with afterward?
2. How does Roland get into the room to rescue Jake in Chapter 34?
3. Where does Gasher take Jake?
4. What is significant about the drum beat that Roland and his ka-tet have been able to hear for days since beginning their approach to Lud? What becomes apparent about the purpose of this drum beat?
5. What do Eddie and Susannah learn about Blaine in Chapter 27?
6. What surprising things does Roland learn about Oy in Chapter 29?
7. What happens to Roland in Chapters 19 and 23 as he navigates his way through the garbage maze to save Jake?
8. What does Susannah notice in the city in Chapter 18? What were they used for?
9. How did Mercy lose her eyesight?
10. What does Jake believe is the purpose of Blaine in their quest? What does Eddie see that places this purpose in jeopardy?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)