|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Roland and his friends find in the cockpit of the plane in Chapter 1?
(a) The mummified remains of Jack Mort.
(b) The mummified remains of Andrew Quick.
(c) The mummified remains of David Quick.
(d) The mummified remains of Walter.
2. Who led the final army against the war in Lud as described in Chapter 10?
(b) David Quick.
(c) Jack Mort.
(d) Andrew Quick.
3. Why does Aunt Talitha believe the people of Lud would like to keep Jake in Chapter 10?
(a) He is strong.
(b) He is intelligent.
(c) He is young.
(d) He is male.
4. Who falls over the edge of the bridge in Chapter 12?
5. How does Blaine explain in Chapter 5 the images Roland and his friends are able to see, as though the train's walls have vanished?
(a) It is pictures taken by satellite.
(b) It is all computer generated.
(c) It is a new technology.
(d) It is an optical illusion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susannah ask Blaine in Chapter 30?
2. What is graf?
3. How does Roland give Jake instructions in Chapter 28?
4. Who is Patricia?
5. Why can Blaine not differentiate between fact and superstition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Bill and Till tell Roland and his ka-tet about the large city of Lud?
2. In Chapters 5-6, what happens to Blaine's cabin walls? For what reason?
3. What weakness does Jake discover in Gasher's personality in Chapter 25?
4. What do Jake's actions in Chapters 32-34 say about his character?
5. What does the ending of the book say about the future of these characters?
6. What are the most striking differences between the city of Lud and the underground bunker?
7. What do Eddie and Susannah learn about Blaine in Chapter 27?
8. What happens to Roland in Chapters 19 and 23 as he navigates his way through the garbage maze to save Jake?
9. What is significant about the drum beat that Roland and his ka-tet have been able to hear for days since beginning their approach to Lud? What becomes apparent about the purpose of this drum beat?
10. What is the reaction of the people of River Crossing when they learn Roland is a gunslinger?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)