|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jake begin to cry at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) He wants to stay with Aunt Talitha whom he sees as a mother figure.
(b) He is tired and crabby.
(c) He does not want to leave the people of River Crossing.
(d) He is afraid of what lies ahead.
2. How long does Blaine say it has been since a gunslinger walked in-world or mid-world?
(a) Three months.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Three hundred years.
(d) Three years.
3. Whose voice does Mercy claim to enjoy listening to in Chapter 12?
4. Why does Eddie fire a shot from his Ruger into the rain soaked sky in Chapter 27?
(a) To let Roland they found Blaine's Cradle.
(b) To warn Blaine of their arrival at his cradle.
(c) To express frustration.
(d) To frighten off the Pubes.
5. What story does Eddie want Roland to tell in Chapter 6?
(a) The story of Walter.
(b) The beginning, starting with Gilead.
(c) The myth of the Dark Tower.
(d) The history of gunslingers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oy tell Roland in Chapter 29 about the people in the room?
2. Who is Patricia?
3. What does Susannah believe the speakers broadcasting the drum back beat were originally used for?
4. How does Eddie prove to Big Blaine who he is and where he came from in Chapter 27?
5. How much time is left when Susannah begins entering the combination to open Blaine gate in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jake's actions in Chapters 32-34 say about his character?
2. What is significant about the airplane Roland and his ka-tet find in Chapter 1?
3. In Chapters 5-6, what happens to Blaine's cabin walls? For what reason?
4. How do Susannah and Eddie finally reach Blaine's cradle in Chapter 24?
5. What weakness does Jake discover in Gasher's personality in Chapter 25?
6. What surprising things does Roland learn about Oy in Chapter 29?
7. What is the reaction of the people of River Crossing when they learn Roland is a gunslinger?
8. What wakes Jake four days after he comes to Roland's world?
9. What do Eddie and Susannah learn about Blaine in Chapter 27?
10. Who reports he once saw the train called Blaine in Lud? What did he see?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)