|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roland give Jake instructions in Chapter 28?
2. Why did Roland allow Gasher to take Jake as he explains it to Eddie in Chapter 15?
(a) He knew Gasher would kill Roland if he refused.
(b) He knew Gasher would kill Susannah if he refused.
(c) He knew Gasher would not harm Jake.
(d) He knew Gasher meant to kill them all.
3. What does the billy-bumbler in Chapter 1 say in response to Jake's question, How are you?
4. Why does Blaine say he wants to kill himself in Chapter 9?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He is lonely.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He is in pain.
5. What does Susannah think in Chapter 3 made Roland turn inward on himself?
(a) The Big Depression.
(b) The Big Empty.
(c) The Big Bomb.
(d) The Big War.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Blaine tell Roland and his friends they have until the poisonous gas will be released in Lud in Chapter 39?
2. How much time is left when Susannah begins entering the combination to open Blaine gate in Chapter 3?
3. What is graf?
4. What contest does Roland's ka-tet and Blaine enter into in the final pages of the novel?
5. Whose voice does Mercy claim to enjoy listening to in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapters 5-6, what happens to Blaine's cabin walls? For what reason?
2. What surprising things does Roland learn about Oy in Chapter 29?
3. How does Roland get into the room to rescue Jake in Chapter 34?
4. What does the ending of the book say about the future of these characters?
5. How did Mercy lose her eyesight?
6. Why do Roland, Jake, Susannah, and Eddie suddenly find the book Charlie and the Choo-Choo so sinister in Chapters 23-24?
7. What does Susannah notice in the city in Chapter 18? What were they used for?
8. What is significant about the airplane Roland and his ka-tet find in Chapter 1?
9. What do Jake's actions in Chapters 32-34 say about his character?
10. What is the reaction of the people of River Crossing when they learn Roland is a gunslinger?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)