|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the billy-bumbler in Chapter 1 say in response to Jake's question, How are you?
2. How do Susannah and Eddie chose which way to go in the city of Lud on Chapter 18?
(a) They choose the street with the turtle on the sign.
(b) They choose at random.
(c) They follow citizens in the street.
(d) They ask Roland.
3. How does Blaine explain in Chapter 5 the images Roland and his friends are able to see, as though the train's walls have vanished?
(a) It is all computer generated.
(b) It is an optical illusion.
(c) It is pictures taken by satellite.
(d) It is a new technology.
4. In what way did Tick-Tock Man kill the laughing woman?
(a) With a knife he threw across the room.
(b) With a gun.
(c) With a poison.
(d) With a rope around her throat.
5. What does Gasher stop to show Jake in Chapter 19?
(a) A school bus.
(b) A trailer house.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A marble fountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Jake's watch as he notes in Chapter 1?
2. Who falls over the edge of the bridge in Chapter 12?
3. Who bursts into the bunker and attacks Tick-Tock Man in Chapter 31?
4. What song does Eddie believe is the back beat they can hear playing in Lud in Chapter 4?
5. Why did Roland allow Gasher to take Jake as he explains it to Eddie in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Bill and Till tell Roland and his ka-tet about the large city of Lud?
2. What does Jake dream in chapter 16? What impression is he left with afterward?
3. What is significant about the airplane Roland and his ka-tet find in Chapter 1?
4. Who is Gasher? What does he want?
5. What does Jake believe is the purpose of Blaine in their quest? What does Eddie see that places this purpose in jeopardy?
6. What does Blaine demand of Eddie and Susannah in Chapter 30 before he will agree to transport Roland and the ka-tet?
7. What wakes Jake four days after he comes to Roland's world?
8. What are the most striking differences between the city of Lud and the underground bunker?
9. What does Blaine tell Roland and his ka-tet is the reason he has decided to end his existence?
10. What is the reaction of the people of River Crossing when they learn Roland is a gunslinger?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)