|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to two buildings on the outskirts of the town Roland and his friends come to in Chapter 4?
(a) They have been abandoned.
(b) They have exploded.
(c) They have fallen to ruin.
(d) They have been burned.
2. How does Roland give Jake instructions in Chapter 28?
3. How do Susannah and Eddie chose which way to go in the city of Lud on Chapter 18?
(a) They ask Roland.
(b) They choose at random.
(c) They follow citizens in the street.
(d) They choose the street with the turtle on the sign.
4. How long does Blaine tell Roland and his friends they have until the poisonous gas will be released in Lud in Chapter 39?
(a) Twelve minutes.
(b) Six minutes.
(c) Eight minutes.
(d) Ten minutes.
5. Where is Jake in a dream in Chapter 16?
(a) Western Missouri.
(b) West Texas.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the billy-bumbler in Chapter 1 say in response to Jake's question, How are you?
2. Why does Roland insist they must split up in Chapter 15?
3. Where did Eddie and Roland get the Keflex pills they give to Jake in Chapter 1?
4. What building is Susannah reminded of in Chapter 21 as she follows Maud and Jeeves to the Cradle of Lud?
5. What reason does Blaine give in Chapter 39 for killing everyone in Lud?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blaine demand of Eddie and Susannah in Chapter 30 before he will agree to transport Roland and the ka-tet?
2. What does Jake believe is the purpose of Blaine in their quest? What does Eddie see that places this purpose in jeopardy?
3. What wakes Jake four days after he comes to Roland's world?
4. What is the reaction of the people of River Crossing when they learn Roland is a gunslinger?
5. How does Roland get into the room to rescue Jake in Chapter 34?
6. What does Blaine tell Roland and his ka-tet is the reason he has decided to end his existence?
7. How did Mercy lose her eyesight?
8. What does Jake believe Blaine, whom he has constantly seen as a danger, plans to do in Chapter 8?
9. What do Jake's actions in Chapters 32-34 say about his character?
10. Where does Gasher take Jake?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)