|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Blaine say it has been since a gunslinger walked in-world or mid-world?
(a) Three hundred years.
(b) Three months.
(c) Thirty years.
(d) Three years.
2. Why did Roland allow Gasher to take Jake as he explains it to Eddie in Chapter 15?
(a) He knew Gasher would not harm Jake.
(b) He knew Gasher meant to kill them all.
(c) He knew Gasher would kill Susannah if he refused.
(d) He knew Gasher would kill Roland if he refused.
3. What is the name of the man who gave Jake the riddle book?
(a) Elmer Chambers.
(b) Eddie Greene.
(c) Calvin Tower.
(d) Aaron Deepneau.
4. What does Eddie see that he thinks is Blaine in Chapter 6?
(a) A exploded train.
(b) A broken monorail.
(c) A derailed train.
(d) A dead man.
5. Who falls over the edge of the bridge in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man who visits Tick-Tock Man in Chapter 40 ask Tick-Tock Man to call him?
2. What does Susannah ask Blaine in Chapter 30?
3. What do Roland and his friends find in the cockpit of the plane in Chapter 1?
4. Why does Gasher make Jake sing in Chapter 25?
5. Who led the final army against the war in Lud as described in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapters 5-6, what happens to Blaine's cabin walls? For what reason?
2. How does Roland communicate with Jake in Chapter 31?
3. What do Jake's actions in Chapters 32-34 say about his character?
4. What is the reaction of the people of River Crossing when they learn Roland is a gunslinger?
5. What does Jake believe Blaine, whom he has constantly seen as a danger, plans to do in Chapter 8?
6. Who is Gasher? What does he want?
7. What do Eddie and Susannah learn about Blaine in Chapter 27?
8. What is significant about the drum beat that Roland and his ka-tet have been able to hear for days since beginning their approach to Lud? What becomes apparent about the purpose of this drum beat?
9. What weakness does Jake discover in Gasher's personality in Chapter 25?
10. What is significant about the airplane Roland and his ka-tet find in Chapter 1?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)