|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roland ask Aunt Talitha to do for him and his friends in Chapter 13?
(a) Offer her gifts.
(b) Offer her blessin.
(c) Offer her money.
(d) Offer her kisses.
2. What conclusion does Jake come to about Blaine during his dream in Chapter 16?
(a) He is lonely.
(b) He is the truth, he is danger.
(c) He is harmless.
(d) He is a pain and a danger.
3. What does Gasher stop to show Jake in Chapter 19?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A school bus.
(c) A trailer house.
(d) A marble fountain.
4. What has happened to two buildings on the outskirts of the town Roland and his friends come to in Chapter 4?
(a) They have been abandoned.
(b) They have fallen to ruin.
(c) They have been burned.
(d) They have exploded.
5. What has happened to Jake's watch as he notes in Chapter 1?
(a) It stopped.
(b) It no longer tells proper time.
(c) It has a broken crystal.
(d) It's battery has stopped working.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aunt Talitha believe the people of Lud would like to keep Jake in Chapter 10?
2. What do Roland and his friends find in Chapter 5?
3. What does Oy tell Roland in Chapter 29 about the people in the room?
4. What does Roland call the bison like animals that Jake sees in Chapter 2?
5. How does Blaine explain in Chapter 5 the images Roland and his friends are able to see, as though the train's walls have vanished?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapters 5-6, what happens to Blaine's cabin walls? For what reason?
2. What are the most striking differences between the city of Lud and the underground bunker?
3. What happens to Roland in Chapters 19 and 23 as he navigates his way through the garbage maze to save Jake?
4. What does the ending of the book say about the future of these characters?
5. Why do Roland, Jake, Susannah, and Eddie suddenly find the book Charlie and the Choo-Choo so sinister in Chapters 23-24?
6. What do Jake's actions in Chapters 32-34 say about his character?
7. How do Susannah and Eddie finally reach Blaine's cradle in Chapter 24?
8. What does Jake believe is the purpose of Blaine in their quest? What does Eddie see that places this purpose in jeopardy?
9. What is the reaction of the people of River Crossing when they learn Roland is a gunslinger?
10. What does Jake believe Blaine, whom he has constantly seen as a danger, plans to do in Chapter 8?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)