|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roland find his way through the maze in Chapter 20?
(a) Through the sound Gasher makes as he runs.
(b) With the ability to see Jake's aura lingering.
(c) Through the sound of Jake's thoughts.
(d) With Oy's sense of smell and direction.
2. Who led the final army against the war in Lud as described in Chapter 10?
(a) Andrew Quick.
(b) Jack Mort.
(d) David Quick.
3. What does Eddie say jokes are supposed to make you do in Chapter 2?
(a) Be amused.
(b) Have fun.
(c) Think critically.
(d) Think around corners.
4. What is the old woman afraid Roland and his friends are in Chapter 4?
5. Who does Jake guess was Tick-Tock Man's grandfather in Chapter 28?
(a) David Quick.
(c) Andrew Quick.
(d) Jack Mort.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roland mistake the plane crash for in Chapter 1?
2. What has Blaine created in ice that he shows Roland and his friends in Chapter 4?
3. What is graf?
4. What story does Eddie want Roland to tell in Chapter 6?
5. What does Jake find beneath the fist-and-thunderbolt symbol on the side of the plane in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blaine tell Roland and his ka-tet is the reason he has decided to end his existence?
2. How do Susannah and Eddie finally reach Blaine's cradle in Chapter 24?
3. What is the reaction of the people of River Crossing when they learn Roland is a gunslinger?
4. What is significant about the drum beat that Roland and his ka-tet have been able to hear for days since beginning their approach to Lud? What becomes apparent about the purpose of this drum beat?
5. In Chapters 5-6, what happens to Blaine's cabin walls? For what reason?
6. Why do Roland, Jake, Susannah, and Eddie suddenly find the book Charlie and the Choo-Choo so sinister in Chapters 23-24?
7. What does Roland tell his friends about the ka-tet in Chapter 19? What does Eddie realize after he hears this information?
8. What are the most striking differences between the city of Lud and the underground bunker?
9. What surprising things does Roland learn about Oy in Chapter 29?
10. What does Jake believe is the purpose of Blaine in their quest? What does Eddie see that places this purpose in jeopardy?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)