|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose voice does Mercy claim to enjoy listening to in Chapter 12?
2. What is the old woman afraid Roland and his friends are in Chapter 4?
3. How does Eddie prove to Big Blaine who he is and where he came from in Chapter 27?
(a) By showing his Ruger.
(b) By listing the landmarks in New York.
(c) By listing the names of his ka-tet.
(d) By showing his driver's license.
4. What does Roland mistake the plane crash for in Chapter 1?
(a) A downed building.
(b) A coffin.
(c) A car crash.
(d) A big bird.
5. Where is Jake in a dream in Chapter 16?
(a) West Texas.
(b) New York.
(d) Western Missouri.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is graf?
2. What does the man who visits Tick-Tock Man in Chapter 40 ask Tick-Tock Man to call him?
3. Who falls over the edge of the bridge in Chapter 12?
4. What does Tick-Tock Man want the computers for, as he admits in Chapter 31?
5. What does Oy tell Roland in Chapter 29 about the people in the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Bill and Till tell Roland and his ka-tet about the large city of Lud?
2. Who is Gasher? What does he want?
3. What does Susannah notice in the city in Chapter 18? What were they used for?
4. How do Susannah and Eddie finally reach Blaine's cradle in Chapter 24?
5. What is the reaction of the people of River Crossing when they learn Roland is a gunslinger?
6. How does Roland communicate with Jake in Chapter 31?
7. What weakness does Jake discover in Gasher's personality in Chapter 25?
8. Where does Gasher take Jake?
9. What happens to Roland in Chapters 19 and 23 as he navigates his way through the garbage maze to save Jake?
10. What is significant about the airplane Roland and his ka-tet find in Chapter 1?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)