|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aunt Talitha believe the people of Lud would like to keep Jake in Chapter 10?
(a) He is strong.
(b) He is male.
(c) He is young.
(d) He is intelligent.
2. What back beat does Eddie believe is playing from unseen source in Chapter 15?
(a) Rolling Stones.
(b) Bruce Springsteen.
(c) Bob Marley.
(d) ZZ Top.
3. Why does Roland insist they must split up in Chapter 15?
(a) They must continue with their journey no matter what.
(b) They cannot take Susannah into Gasher's maze.
(c) Only Roland can save Jake.
(d) They cannot leave Oy alone.
4. How long does Blaine tell Roland and his friends they have until the poisonous gas will be released in Lud in Chapter 39?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Twelve minutes.
(c) Eight minutes.
(d) Six minutes.
5. What has Blaine created in ice that he shows Roland and his friends in Chapter 4?
(a) A sculpture of Eddie.
(b) A sculpture of Oy.
(c) A sculpture of Susannah.
(d) A sculpture of Roland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tick-Tock Man want the computers for, as he admits in Chapter 31?
2. How many miles will Blaine go before he reaches the end of his track?
3. What does Jake find beneath the fist-and-thunderbolt symbol on the side of the plane in Chapter 1?
4. What does Eddie believe caused the crash?
5. In what way did Tick-Tock Man kill the laughing woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Roland communicate with Jake in Chapter 31?
2. How do Susannah and Eddie finally reach Blaine's cradle in Chapter 24?
3. What is significant about the drum beat that Roland and his ka-tet have been able to hear for days since beginning their approach to Lud? What becomes apparent about the purpose of this drum beat?
4. What is the reaction of the people of River Crossing when they learn Roland is a gunslinger?
5. What is significant about the airplane Roland and his ka-tet find in Chapter 1?
6. How did Mercy lose her eyesight?
7. What happens to Roland in Chapters 19 and 23 as he navigates his way through the garbage maze to save Jake?
8. What does Blaine tell Roland and his ka-tet is the reason he has decided to end his existence?
9. What are the most striking differences between the city of Lud and the underground bunker?
10. What do Eddie and Susannah learn about Blaine in Chapter 27?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)