|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does Eddie believe is the back beat they can hear playing in Lud in Chapter 4?
(b) Velcro Fly.
(c) Sharp Dressed Man.
(d) Sleeping Bag.
2. Who claims to have heard a sonic boom after seeing Blaine running in Lud in Chapter 11?
(b) Aunt Talitha.
3. What do Roland and his friends find in the cockpit of the plane in Chapter 1?
(a) The mummified remains of Andrew Quick.
(b) The mummified remains of Walter.
(c) The mummified remains of Jack Mort.
(d) The mummified remains of David Quick.
4. How does Eddie prove to Big Blaine who he is and where he came from in Chapter 27?
(a) By listing the names of his ka-tet.
(b) By showing his Ruger.
(c) By showing his driver's license.
(d) By listing the landmarks in New York.
5. How long is it before Roland and his friends reach the outskirts of Lud?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who bursts into the bunker and attacks Tick-Tock Man in Chapter 31?
2. What does Susannah ask Blaine in Chapter 30?
3. What does Susannah believe the speakers broadcasting the drum back beat were originally used for?
4. What has Blaine created in ice that he shows Roland and his friends in Chapter 4?
5. Who figures out the answer to Blaine's riddle in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Roland get into the room to rescue Jake in Chapter 34?
2. What do Jake's actions in Chapters 32-34 say about his character?
3. What wakes Jake four days after he comes to Roland's world?
4. What do Bill and Till tell Roland and his ka-tet about the large city of Lud?
5. What does the ending of the book say about the future of these characters?
6. What does Jake dream in chapter 16? What impression is he left with afterward?
7. What weakness does Jake discover in Gasher's personality in Chapter 25?
8. What does Jake believe is the purpose of Blaine in their quest? What does Eddie see that places this purpose in jeopardy?
9. What is significant about the drum beat that Roland and his ka-tet have been able to hear for days since beginning their approach to Lud? What becomes apparent about the purpose of this drum beat?
10. What do Eddie and Susannah learn about Blaine in Chapter 27?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)