|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movie does Jake recall watching as he descends deeper under the city of Lud in Chapter 25?
(b) Journey to the Center of the Earth.
(d) Lord of the Flies.
2. What is the name of the man who gave Jake the riddle book?
(a) Calvin Tower.
(b) Eddie Greene.
(c) Elmer Chambers.
(d) Aaron Deepneau.
3. What does Susannah ask Blaine in Chapter 30?
(a) Where it is going.
(b) Where it came from.
(c) Who built it.
(d) A riddle.
4. Why does Blaine say he wants to kill himself in Chapter 9?
(a) He is in pain.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He is lonely.
(d) He is depressed.
5. How can Blaine tell when Eddie or Susannah are lying to him?
(a) It cannot.
(b) Lie detector software.
(c) It knows everything.
(d) Voice analysis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Eddie and Roland get the Keflex pills they give to Jake in Chapter 1?
2. What does Roland call the bison like animals that Jake sees in Chapter 2?
3. Why does Gasher make Jake sing in Chapter 25?
4. Who figures out the answer to Blaine's riddle in Chapter 3?
5. Why did Roland allow Gasher to take Jake as he explains it to Eddie in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blaine tell Roland and his ka-tet is the reason he has decided to end his existence?
2. What is significant about the airplane Roland and his ka-tet find in Chapter 1?
3. What surprising things does Roland learn about Oy in Chapter 29?
4. How does Roland communicate with Jake in Chapter 31?
5. What does the ending of the book say about the future of these characters?
6. What is significant about the drum beat that Roland and his ka-tet have been able to hear for days since beginning their approach to Lud? What becomes apparent about the purpose of this drum beat?
7. What does Jake dream in chapter 16? What impression is he left with afterward?
8. What happens to Roland in Chapters 19 and 23 as he navigates his way through the garbage maze to save Jake?
9. What do Jake's actions in Chapters 32-34 say about his character?
10. In Chapters 5-6, what happens to Blaine's cabin walls? For what reason?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)