|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Susannah believe the people of River Crossing look at Roland in Chapter 13?
(a) Like a saint.
(b) Like a lover.
(c) Like a king.
(d) Like a god.
2. To what machines does Tick-Tock Man compare the feeling in his head in Chapter 40?
(a) A machine press.
(b) A clothes press.
(c) A cider press.
(d) A printing press.
3. How can Blaine tell when Eddie or Susannah are lying to him?
(a) It cannot.
(b) Voice analysis.
(c) Lie detector software.
(d) It knows everything.
4. What movie does Jake recall watching as he descends deeper under the city of Lud in Chapter 25?
(c) Lord of the Flies.
(d) Journey to the Center of the Earth.
5. Who figures out the answer to Blaine's riddle in Chapter 3?
(a) Odetta Walker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jake in a dream in Chapter 16?
2. How does Blaine explain in Chapter 5 the images Roland and his friends are able to see, as though the train's walls have vanished?
3. How does Roland give Jake instructions in Chapter 28?
4. Who claims to have heard a sonic boom after seeing Blaine running in Lud in Chapter 11?
5. What type of computers does Tick-Tock Man ask Jake about in Chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprising things does Roland learn about Oy in Chapter 29?
2. What does Susannah notice in the city in Chapter 18? What were they used for?
3. Why do Roland, Jake, Susannah, and Eddie suddenly find the book Charlie and the Choo-Choo so sinister in Chapters 23-24?
4. What are the most striking differences between the city of Lud and the underground bunker?
5. What happens to Roland in Chapters 19 and 23 as he navigates his way through the garbage maze to save Jake?
6. How does Roland get into the room to rescue Jake in Chapter 34?
7. What does Roland tell his friends about the ka-tet in Chapter 19? What does Eddie realize after he hears this information?
8. What do Eddie and Susannah learn about Blaine in Chapter 27?
9. What does Jake believe is the purpose of Blaine in their quest? What does Eddie see that places this purpose in jeopardy?
10. What does Jake dream in chapter 16? What impression is he left with afterward?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)