|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to two buildings on the outskirts of the town Roland and his friends come to in Chapter 4?
(a) They have been burned.
(b) They have exploded.
(c) They have fallen to ruin.
(d) They have been abandoned.
2. What does Eddie believe caused the crash?
(a) The plane ran out of gas.
(b) The plane ran into a storm.
(c) The plane was hit by gunfire.
(d) The plane was hit with lightning.
3. Where is Jake in a dream in Chapter 16?
(a) West Texas.
(c) New York.
(d) Western Missouri.
4. What does Roland call the bison like animals that Jake sees in Chapter 2?
5. Why did Roland allow Gasher to take Jake as he explains it to Eddie in Chapter 15?
(a) He knew Gasher would not harm Jake.
(b) He knew Gasher meant to kill them all.
(c) He knew Gasher would kill Susannah if he refused.
(d) He knew Gasher would kill Roland if he refused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What building is Susannah reminded of in Chapter 21 as she follows Maud and Jeeves to the Cradle of Lud?
2. What conclusion does Jake come to about Blaine during his dream in Chapter 16?
3. What has Blaine created in ice that he shows Roland and his friends in Chapter 4?
4. What does one of the twins say fell out of the sky like Icarus in Chapter 9?
5. What is the password Gasher has Jake read from a piece of paper in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blaine tell Roland and his ka-tet is the reason he has decided to end his existence?
2. What happens to Roland in Chapters 19 and 23 as he navigates his way through the garbage maze to save Jake?
3. What do Eddie and Susannah learn about Blaine in Chapter 27?
4. What do Bill and Till tell Roland and his ka-tet about the large city of Lud?
5. What does Jake believe Blaine, whom he has constantly seen as a danger, plans to do in Chapter 8?
6. What does Jake dream in chapter 16? What impression is he left with afterward?
7. Who is Gasher? What does he want?
8. How does Roland communicate with Jake in Chapter 31?
9. What does Susannah notice in the city in Chapter 18? What were they used for?
10. Why do Roland, Jake, Susannah, and Eddie suddenly find the book Charlie and the Choo-Choo so sinister in Chapters 23-24?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)