|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eddie prove to Big Blaine who he is and where he came from in Chapter 27?
(a) By listing the names of his ka-tet.
(b) By showing his Ruger.
(c) By listing the landmarks in New York.
(d) By showing his driver's license.
2. How do Susannah and Eddie chose which way to go in the city of Lud on Chapter 18?
(a) They ask Roland.
(b) They choose at random.
(c) They choose the street with the turtle on the sign.
(d) They follow citizens in the street.
3. What does Tick-Tock Man want the computers for, as he admits in Chapter 31?
(a) To kill everyone in Lud.
(b) To work for him so he can control Lud.
(c) To take over the world.
(d) To stop them from playing the drum back beat.
4. Who is Blaine?
(a) The train mechanic in Lud.
(b) A train that runs southeast through Lud.
(c) The train conductor in Lud.
(d) A train that runs northeast through Lud.
5. What does Susannah suddenly realize was left behind in Chapter 4?
(a) Her wheelchair.
(b) Her gun belt.
(c) Her gun.
(d) Her sling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roland mistake the plane crash for in Chapter 1?
2. What has Blaine created in ice that he shows Roland and his friends in Chapter 4?
3. What does Eddie say jokes are supposed to make you do in Chapter 2?
4. Why does Roland put a leash on Oy in Chapter 23?
5. What does Tick-Tock Man want Jake to give him as a gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jake believe is the purpose of Blaine in their quest? What does Eddie see that places this purpose in jeopardy?
2. What does Susannah notice in the city in Chapter 18? What were they used for?
3. Where does Gasher take Jake?
4. Why do Roland, Jake, Susannah, and Eddie suddenly find the book Charlie and the Choo-Choo so sinister in Chapters 23-24?
5. What weakness does Jake discover in Gasher's personality in Chapter 25?
6. What does Jake dream in chapter 16? What impression is he left with afterward?
7. What does the ending of the book say about the future of these characters?
8. In Chapters 5-6, what happens to Blaine's cabin walls? For what reason?
9. What does Roland tell his friends about the ka-tet in Chapter 19? What does Eddie realize after he hears this information?
10. What does Jake believe Blaine, whom he has constantly seen as a danger, plans to do in Chapter 8?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)