|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tick-Tock Man want the computers for, as he admits in Chapter 31?
(a) To stop them from playing the drum back beat.
(b) To take over the world.
(c) To work for him so he can control Lud.
(d) To kill everyone in Lud.
2. How much time is left when Susannah begins entering the combination to open Blaine gate in Chapter 3?
(a) Ten seconds.
(b) Three minutes.
(c) Fifty seconds.
(d) Five minutes.
3. How does Blaine explain in Chapter 5 the images Roland and his friends are able to see, as though the train's walls have vanished?
(a) It is an optical illusion.
(b) It is a new technology.
(c) It is pictures taken by satellite.
(d) It is all computer generated.
4. Why did Roland allow Gasher to take Jake as he explains it to Eddie in Chapter 15?
(a) He knew Gasher meant to kill them all.
(b) He knew Gasher would not harm Jake.
(c) He knew Gasher would kill Roland if he refused.
(d) He knew Gasher would kill Susannah if he refused.
5. What did Jake leave behind that Roland picks up in Chapter 20?
(a) His books.
(b) His pack.
(c) His hat.
(d) His shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jake briefly think about stepping on a trigger to a boobytrap in Chapter 19?
2. Who claims to have heard a sonic boom after seeing Blaine running in Lud in Chapter 11?
3. What do the people of River Crossing line up to do before Roland in Chapter 13?
4. Who figures out the answer to Blaine's riddle in Chapter 3?
5. What is the name of the man who gave Jake the riddle book?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)