|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roland ask Aunt Talitha to do for him and his friends in Chapter 13?
(a) Offer her kisses.
(b) Offer her money.
(c) Offer her gifts.
(d) Offer her blessin.
2. Why does Jake begin to cry at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) He wants to stay with Aunt Talitha whom he sees as a mother figure.
(b) He is afraid of what lies ahead.
(c) He does not want to leave the people of River Crossing.
(d) He is tired and crabby.
3. How do Jake and Roland find their way to Susannah and Eddie in Chapter 38?
(a) They follow a Pubes.
(b) They follow a silver ball Blaine has sent them.
(c) They follow a troll Blaine has sent.
(d) They are led by signs in the hallway outside the bunker.
4. What building is Susannah reminded of in Chapter 21 as she follows Maud and Jeeves to the Cradle of Lud?
(a) The Louver.
(b) The New York Public Library.
(c) The Parthenon.
(d) The Sphinx.
5. What does Susannah think in Chapter 3 made Roland turn inward on himself?
(a) The Big Depression.
(b) The Big War.
(c) The Big Empty.
(d) The Big Bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What conclusion does Jake come to about Blaine during his dream in Chapter 16?
2. Why does Jake briefly think about stepping on a trigger to a boobytrap in Chapter 19?
3. What do the people of River Crossing line up to do before Roland in Chapter 13?
4. What does Tick-Tock Man want Jake to give him as a gift?
5. How does Roland find his way through the maze in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jake dream in chapter 16? What impression is he left with afterward?
2. What happens to Roland in Chapters 19 and 23 as he navigates his way through the garbage maze to save Jake?
3. What surprising things does Roland learn about Oy in Chapter 29?
4. How does Roland communicate with Jake in Chapter 31?
5. What is the reaction of the people of River Crossing when they learn Roland is a gunslinger?
6. What does Susannah notice in the city in Chapter 18? What were they used for?
7. How do Susannah and Eddie finally reach Blaine's cradle in Chapter 24?
8. What do Bill and Till tell Roland and his ka-tet about the large city of Lud?
9. What weakness does Jake discover in Gasher's personality in Chapter 25?
10. Who is Gasher? What does he want?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)