|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Blaine?
(a) The train conductor in Lud.
(b) A train that runs northeast through Lud.
(c) A train that runs southeast through Lud.
(d) The train mechanic in Lud.
2. What does the man who visits Tick-Tock Man in Chapter 40 ask Tick-Tock Man to call him?
(a) Jack Mort.
(c) Randall Flagg.
(d) Richard Fannin.
3. What is the name of the man who gave Jake the riddle book?
(a) Eddie Greene.
(b) Elmer Chambers.
(c) Aaron Deepneau.
(d) Calvin Tower.
4. What does Susannah think in Chapter 3 made Roland turn inward on himself?
(a) The Big Empty.
(b) The Big War.
(c) The Big Depression.
(d) The Big Bomb.
5. What movie does Jake recall watching as he descends deeper under the city of Lud in Chapter 25?
(c) Lord of the Flies.
(d) Journey to the Center of the Earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Blaine say it has been since a gunslinger walked in-world or mid-world?
2. Why does Gasher make Jake sing in Chapter 25?
3. What is the password Gasher has Jake read from a piece of paper in Chapter 25?
4. Why does Jake begin to cry at the end of Chapter 13?
5. What conclusion does Jake come to about Blaine during his dream in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the ending of the book say about the future of these characters?
2. What happens to Roland in Chapters 19 and 23 as he navigates his way through the garbage maze to save Jake?
3. What is significant about the airplane Roland and his ka-tet find in Chapter 1?
4. What is the reaction of the people of River Crossing when they learn Roland is a gunslinger?
5. What does Roland tell his friends about the ka-tet in Chapter 19? What does Eddie realize after he hears this information?
6. What does Susannah notice in the city in Chapter 18? What were they used for?
7. What is significant about the drum beat that Roland and his ka-tet have been able to hear for days since beginning their approach to Lud? What becomes apparent about the purpose of this drum beat?
8. What does Jake dream in chapter 16? What impression is he left with afterward?
9. What do Bill and Till tell Roland and his ka-tet about the large city of Lud?
10. How does Roland get into the room to rescue Jake in Chapter 34?
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)