|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roland call the bison like animals that Jake sees in Chapter 2?
2. What has happened to Jake's watch as he notes in Chapter 1?
(a) It no longer tells proper time.
(b) It has a broken crystal.
(c) It's battery has stopped working.
(d) It stopped.
3. What do the people of River Crossing line up to do before Roland in Chapter 13?
(a) Recieve his gifts.
(b) Recieve his blessing.
(c) Recieve his money.
(d) Recieve his kisses.
4. What does the man who visits Tick-Tock Man in Chapter 40 ask Tick-Tock Man to call him?
(a) Randall Flagg.
(b) Richard Fannin.
(c) Jack Mort.
5. Why does Roland insist they must split up in Chapter 15?
(a) Only Roland can save Jake.
(b) They cannot take Susannah into Gasher's maze.
(c) They cannot leave Oy alone.
(d) They must continue with their journey no matter what.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jake briefly think about stepping on a trigger to a boobytrap in Chapter 19?
2. What is the name of the man who gave Jake the riddle book?
3. How can Blaine tell when Eddie or Susannah are lying to him?
4. Why does Jake begin to cry at the end of Chapter 13?
5. How do Jake and Roland find their way to Susannah and Eddie in Chapter 38?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Susannah and Eddie finally reach Blaine's cradle in Chapter 24?
2. What does Jake believe Blaine, whom he has constantly seen as a danger, plans to do in Chapter 8?
3. What does Roland tell his friends about the ka-tet in Chapter 19? What does Eddie realize after he hears this information?
4. What surprising things does Roland learn about Oy in Chapter 29?
5. What do Bill and Till tell Roland and his ka-tet about the large city of Lud?
6. What are the most striking differences between the city of Lud and the underground bunker?
7. What does Jake believe is the purpose of Blaine in their quest? What does Eddie see that places this purpose in jeopardy?
8. What do Eddie and Susannah learn about Blaine in Chapter 27?
9. Who reports he once saw the train called Blaine in Lud? What did he see?
10. How did Mercy lose her eyesight?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)