Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 3, Chapters 1 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Jake call the rose in Chapter 18?
2. Which guardian does Roland talk about in a poem taught him by his nursemaid?
(a) The bear.
(b) The fish.
(c) The turtle.
(d) The lion.
3. What is ka?
(a) A destiny shared in High Speech.
(b) A map in High Speech.
(c) It signifies life-force, consciousness, duty and destiny in High Speech.
(d) Roland's world in High Speech.
4. Upon what books does Stephen King say he based the Dark Tower Series in the Introduction of this novel?
(a) Disney's Mary Poppins.
(b) Stephen Donaldson's The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.
(c) Terry Brooks' The Sword of Shannara.
(d) J.R.R. Tolkein's Lord of the Rings.
5. Why does the author capitalize the phrase, Watch Out for Eddie repeatedly in Chapter 3?
(a) Because the author wants the reader to be sure to see it.
(b) To express the importance of this role in Henry's childhood.
(c) To express its use as a book title.
(d) Because it is the title of a song.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
2. What is the voice Eddie hears in his head as he carves saying to him?
3. To whom does Jake leave a note in Chapter 5?
4. Who is Walter?
5. Who was Gloria?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)