Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 2, Chapters 1 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Walter?
(a) Roland's brother.
(b) The man in black, Roland's nemesis.
(c) Roland's best friend.
(d) The man in white, Roland's teacher.
2. What is unusual about Mir's head?
(a) It has an extra mouth.
(b) It has a large tumor.
(c) It is missing both eyes.
(d) It has a radar-like dish on it.
3. What famous animal does Eddie compare Mir to when he first sees it in Chapter 5?
(a) King Kong.
(b) Yogi Bear.
(d) Garfield the Cat.
4. Upon what books does Stephen King say he based the Dark Tower Series in the Introduction of this novel?
(a) J.R.R. Tolkein's Lord of the Rings.
(b) Stephen Donaldson's The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.
(c) Terry Brooks' The Sword of Shannara.
(d) Disney's Mary Poppins.
5. Who are the Old People?
(a) Long gone people who once lived in Roland's world.
(b) The people who live in nursing homes throughout Roland's world.
(c) The people who once tortured Susannah.
(d) Roland's ancestors.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her shooting lessons in Chapter 1, what has Susannah forgotten if she aims with her hand?
2. What does Eddie often see in a piece of wood?
3. What does Jake hope will happen each time he walks through a door?
4. What does Roland hope to find at the Great Portal as he tells Eddie and Susannah in Chapter 12?
5. Whose voice does Eddie hear in his head as he carves in Chapter 3?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)