|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1, Chapters 4 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Roland say the Great Old Ones were in Chapter 12?
(a) People who built the world Roland now lives in.
(b) People who destroyed Roland's family.
(c) People who had almost the knowledge of gods.
(d) People who now live in the stars.
2. Why does Roland call Susannah Odetta in Chapter 1?
(a) This is the first name he knew her by.
(b) This is his nickname for her.
(c) This is a name used to anger her and get her attention.
(d) This is her real name.
3. Who is the first person Susannah thinks of in Chapter 1 as she listens to the falling trees?
4. What other memory does Roland talk of having about Jake in Chapter 13?
(a) Jake was never there.
(b) Jake fell accidentally.
(c) Jake was pushed by someone else.
(d) Jake jumped intentionally to his death.
5. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
(a) Answering gunshots.
(b) Crashing trees.
(c) A bomb going off in the distance.
(d) The approach of a stranger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what books does Stephen King say he based the Dark Tower Series in the Introduction of this novel?
2. Who are the Old People?
3. What does Roland hope to find at the Great Portal as he tells Eddie and Susannah in Chapter 12?
4. What is Eddie carving in Chapter 4?
5. Which guardian does Roland talk about in a poem taught him by his nursemaid?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)