|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose tent breaks at the beginning of Part III, The Fire Sermon?
(a) The sky’s
(b) The river’s
(c) The narrator’s
(d) The fox’s
2. What part of his own body does Tiresias call feminine?
(a) His hands
(b) His breasts
(c) His feet
(d) His jaw
3. What departs at the beginning of Part III, The Fire Sermon?
(a) The light
(b) The summer
(c) The nymphs
(d) The love
4. What does the narrator hear behind him Part III, The Fire Sermon?
5. What picks Phlebas’s bones in Part IV, Death by Water?
(c) The current
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens season will Sweeney be brought to Mrs. Porter?
2. Who loiters near the Thames in Part III, The Fire Sermon?
3. How is the belly of the animal that creeps through the vegetation described in Part III, The Fire Sermon?
4. How does the narrator describe Phlebas when he was alive?
5. With what does Mrs. Porter wash her feet inPart III, The Fire Sermon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mr. Eugenides in The Fire Sermon?
2. Why are Elizabeth and Leicester mentioned in The Fire Sermon, what?
3. What is the main idea of the last section of Death by Water?
4. In The Fire Sermon, what does the typist do when her lover leaves?
5. How is Mrs. Porter described in The Fire Sermon?
6. What do the words, “jug, jug, jug” refer to in The Fire Sermon?
7. In The Fire Sermon, what does the typist do when she comes home?
8. Why is Mr. Eugenides included in The Fire Sermon?
9. How is Tiresias described in The Fire Sermon?
10. Who is Phlebas in Death by Water?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)