|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richmond promise the narrator in Part III, The Fire Sermon?
(a) A way out
(b) A world of riches
(c) A new start
(d) An adventure
2. What language is used after Mrs. Porter is described in Part III, The Fire Sermon?
3. Whose finger sinks into the wet bank in Part III, The Fire Sermon?
(a) A blossom’s
(b) An orphan’s
(c) A leaf’s
(d) A rock’s
4. What does the narrator say humble people expect from him in Part III, The Fire Sermon?
5. What is the narrator doing when an animal is seen creeping through the vegetation in Part III, The Fire Sermon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What will bring Sweeney to Mrs. Porter in Part III, The Fire Sermon?
2. Who is described as rudely forced in Part III, The Fire Sermon?
3. What is at the narrator’s back in the beginning of Part III, The Fire Sermon?
4. What language does Mr. Eugenides use he speaks to the narrator?
5. What part of his own body does Tiresias call feminine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tiresias witness in The Fire Sermon?
2. How is Mrs. Porter described in The Fire Sermon?
3. How is Tiresias described in The Fire Sermon?
4. What is the main message of this section of The Fire Sermon?
5. What do the words, “jug, jug, jug” refer to in The Fire Sermon?
6. Why is Mr. Eugenides included in The Fire Sermon?
7. In The Fire Sermon, what does Richmond, promise and how does the narrator respond to this?
8. In The Fire Sermon, what does the typist do when her lover leaves?
9. What is the main idea of the last section of Death by Water?
10. Who is Mr. Eugenides in The Fire Sermon?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)