|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had undone many people in the Unreal City?
2. Who is buried in the first section of the Burial of the Dead?
(d) Jewish refugees
3. What words are repeated to Lil in a Game of Chess?
(a) At such a time as this
(b) There is no time
(c) What is time signify to us
(d) Hurry up please, it’s time
4. How many children does Lil have?
5. In the Burial of the Dead, when does the narrator expect something in a garden to bloom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who keeps the hours in the Unreal City?
2. Who is bid farewell to over and over at the end of a Game of Chess?
3. What do all the people focus on in the Unreal City?
4. What do the passing seasons in the Burial of the Dead, symbolize?
5. What does the narrator say must be kept from the garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are German statements included in the Burial of the Dead?
2. What does the narrator censure Lil over in A Game of Chess?
3. How is Lil’s marriage described in A Game of Chess?
4. According to the narrator, what is the cruelest month and why?
5. What is the significance of the title Burial of the Dead?
6. How does the narrator describe the Unreal City in the Burial of the Dead?
7. What is the main message of A Game of Chess?
8. What is the significance of the perfumes in A Game of Chess?
9. What is called no friend to man in the Burial of the Dead, and why do you think that is?
10. What do hyacinths symbolize, and why are they included in the Burial of the Dead?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)