|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator doing when an animal is seen creeping through the vegetation in Part III, The Fire Sermon?
2. What is Mr. Eugenides’s occupation?
3. What season is the animal is seen creeping among the vegetation in Part III, The Fire Sermon?
4. Where does the typist get her food?
5. What color are the bodies littered on the ground in Part III, The Fire Sermon?
6. What is Phlebas able to forget when he dies in Part IV, Death by Water?
(a) His sins
(b) His profits and losses
(c) The war
(d) His lover
7. In Part III, The Fire Sermon, what do the departed forget to leave?
(a) Their luggage
(b) Their intentions
(c) Their addresses
(d) Their dues
8. What happens season will Sweeney be brought to Mrs. Porter?
9. Where are bones of the bodies littered on the ground cast in Part III, The Fire Sermon?
(a) The foxes hole
(b) The bin
(c) The water
(d) The garret
10. How does the narrator describe Phlebas when he was alive?
(c) All of those things listed here
11. How does the Thames run at the beginning of Part III, The Fire Sermon?
12. Who loiters near the Thames in Part III, The Fire Sermon?
(b) Heirs of the city
13. What departs at the beginning of Part III, The Fire Sermon?
(a) The love
(b) The nymphs
(c) The light
(d) The summer
14. What language does Mr. Eugenides use he speaks to the narrator?
15. What shines on Mrs. Porter in Part III, The Fire Sermon?
(a) The moon
(b) The stars
(c) The search light
(d) The sun
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the Thames run in Part III, The Fire Sermon?
2. What color is the hour when Tiresias is watching?
3. What sweats out of the river in Part III, The Fire Sermon?
4. What does the narrator hear rattling in Part III, The Fire Sermon?
5. With what does Mrs. Porter wash her feet inPart III, The Fire Sermon?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)