|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through IV. Death by Water.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator supposed to fear after talking with Madame Sosostris?
(a) The innkeeper
(b) Death by water
(c) His family
(d) The plague
2. What is the narrator doing when an animal is seen creeping through the vegetation in Part III, The Fire Sermon?
3. In a Game of Chess, what does the rich woman beg the man in the room to do?
(a) Declare his love for her
(b) Speak with her
(c) Kiss her
4. What words are repeated to Lil in a Game of Chess?
(a) There is no time
(b) What is time signify to us
(c) Hurry up please, it’s time
(d) At such a time as this
5. In the Burial of the Dead, what is drunk at Hofgarten?
Short Answer Questions
1. What repeated word reference Philomel in a Game of Chess?
2. Who hurt Philomel in a Game of Chess?
3. What is at the narrator’s back in the beginning of Part III, The Fire Sermon?
4. In the Burial of the Dead, what author does the poet mirror in his first lines?
5. How many branches are on the candelabra found in a Game of Chess?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)