|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through II. A Game of Chess.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Albert’s occupation?
2. What does demobbed mean?
(a) Getting robbed
(b) Leaving the army
(c) Losing a fortune
(d) Having an unwed lover
3. What do people call Madame Sosostris?
(a) The scariest woman in Europe
(b) The strangest woman in Europe
(c) The cleverest woman in Europe
(d) The wisest woman in Europe
4. In the Burial of the Dead, when does the narrator expect something in a garden to bloom?
5. Who is buried in the first section of the Burial of the Dead?
(c) Jewish refugees
Short Answer Questions
1. Who keeps the hours in the Unreal City?
2. What is the relationship between the rich woman and her lover?
3. To what does the poet compare the chair in section II of a Game of Chess?
4. What casts a glitter in the room at the beginning in a Game of Chess?
5. What is planted in the garden?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)