|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through II. A Game of Chess.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator warn Lil will happen if she does not give Albert what he wants?
(a) He will leave her
(b) He will find it elsewhere
(c) He will take it if she does not give it
(d) He will beat her
2. What does the rich woman wait for at the end of her section in a Game of Chess?
(a) A knock on the door
(b) The clock to chime
(c) The war to end
(d) Her lover to die
3. What do the repeated words to Lil reference?
(a) Being pregnant about to give birth
(b) Last call at the bar
(c) Aging and loss of beauty
(d) The changing seasons
4. What repeated word reference Philomel in a Game of Chess?
5. In the Burial of the Dead, what is found in a handful of dust?
Short Answer Questions
1. What casts a glitter in the room at the beginning in a Game of Chess?
2. What does the poet say summer does to us?
3. In the Burial of the Dead, what is the dead tree unable to give the reader?
4. What gem is used to describe someone’s eye in a Game of Chess?
5. What do the passing seasons in the Burial of the Dead, symbolize?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)