|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Frank paint on the kite he used to kill Esmeralda?
2. Why does Frank sometimes go days without showering?
3. How does Athelwald Trapley end up dying?
4. In "The Bomb Circle," what does Frank say he is prejudiced against?
5. What name does Frank give Old Saul?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank try to contact Eric?
2. What does Frank say he worried about after killing Esmeralda?
3. Why does Frank feel responsible for Harmsworth's death?
4. How does Frank say Leviticus died?
5. How does Frank describe Agnes relationship with Angus?
6. What was Frank's plot to kill Esmeralda?
7. What happens to Old Saul after Frank's accident?
8. What are Frank's sacrifice poles?
9. How does Frank feel about his father's legs and their injury?
10. In "In the Bunker," what does Frank say about women and the sea?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast at least two settings in "The Wasp Factory." Explain the significance of setting to the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Frank as a narrator. Is he reliable? How do his tone and word choice impact the novel?
Essay Topic 3
What role do superstitions and rituals play in this novel? Give examples of different superstitions and their meanings.
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)