|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank do before falling asleep in "Sacrifice Poles"?
2. Why does Frank not know his mother well?
3. How does Athelwald Trapley end up dying?
4. Why did Agnes kick Old Saul?
5. Why does Frank say he killed Blythe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank feel about black people?
2. What does Angus do when he measures items around the house?
3. What changes in Frank's house when Agnes returned?
4. What does Frank admit feeling guilty about in "The Bomb Circle"?
5. What is Frank's accident?
6. How does Frank try to contact Eric?
7. How does Frank's father feel about Frank's drinking?
8. What was Frank's plot to kill Esmeralda?
9. How does Frank say he killed Paul?
10. Why does Frank want his father's cordite?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the author's commentary on gender roles? How does the author use Frank to deliver this message? Give examples to help support your statements.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Eric and Frank.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the technique of having Frank narrate both from childhood memory and the present.
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)