|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frank say he told about Esmeralda trying to fly a large kite?
2. Where did Leviticus die?
3. Why is Eric angry about the dog in the phone booth with him when he calls Frank?
4. Why does Frank say he built dams on the island?
5. What does Frank's father refuse to give his son as a gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Eric calls Frank in "Running Dog"?
2. What does Frank do after the wasp chooses fire in "The Wasp Factory"?
3. How does Frank feel when he learns his half-brother, Eric, escapes?
4. Why does Frank catch a wasp in "Space Invaders"?
5. What is the wasp factory?
6. What does Frank show about Blythe's death in "The Snake Park"?
7. What happened to Eric when he attended medical school?
8. After learning she is a girl, how does Frank feel about her life?
9. What led to Eric being put in hospitals?
10. How does Frank wish Esmeralda died?
Essay Topic 1
Choose either Frank, Eric or Angus and analyze what motivates them as a character.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Frank as a narrator. Is he reliable? How do his tone and word choice impact the novel?
Essay Topic 3
What is the author's message about brotherhood? Carefully analyze Eric and Frank's relationship.
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)