|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank use to trap wasps in wax?
2. How does Frank feel about the measurement book?
3. What does Frank hear Eric do to a dog over the phone?
4. How does Frank's catapult break?
5. What does Frank say his father does in Inverness?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank say he killed Paul?
2. What does Angus do when he measures items around the house?
3. How did Frank finally describe Esmeralda's death to the authorities?
4. What happens to Old Saul after Frank's accident?
5. How does Frank describe Agnes relationship with Angus?
6. What is Frank's accident?
7. How does Frank feel when he learns his half-brother, Eric, escapes?
8. What is suspicious about Angus' study?
9. After Esmeralda is never seen again, what assumptions does Frank make?
10. Why does Frank want his father's cordite?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the wasp factory represent?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the commentary this novel provides on gender development. How do Angus and Frank illuminate this process? Give examples from "The Wasp Factory" to support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the theme of secrets in "The Wasp Factory." Make sure you define theme in your essay and explain the meaning of the secrets to the characters and plot.
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)