|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is similar between Eric's mother and Frank's mother?
2. How does Frank say he felt when he found Saul's skull in the backyard?
3. Where does Frank say his father got the cordite from?
4. Why does Frank hate the sea?
5. Why does Frank burn the wasp in "In the Bunker"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Frank's plot to kill Esmeralda?
2. What are Frank's sacrifice poles?
3. Why does Frank feel responsible for Harmsworth's death?
4. What is Frank's accident?
5. What happens to Old Saul after Frank's accident?
6. How did Frank finally describe Esmeralda's death to the authorities?
7. In "The Snake Park," what happens when Frank checks the sacrifice poles?
8. Why does Frank want his father's cordite?
9. How does Frank describe his decision to kill Esmeralda?
10. How does Frank's father feel about Frank's drinking?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast at least two settings in "The Wasp Factory." Explain the significance of setting to the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Explore the commentary this novel provides on gender development. How do Angus and Frank illuminate this process? Give examples from "The Wasp Factory" to support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Frank's places, including his third floor room and bunker. What is the purpose of these places? How do these places impact Frank?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)