|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Eric escape from in "The Sacrifice Poles"?
2. What is similar between Eric's mother and Frank's mother?
3. Why does Jamie sit on Frank's shoulders in "The Bomb Circle"?
4. What did Angus discover Old Saul did to Frank?
5. Where did Leviticus die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank describe his decision to kill Esmeralda?
2. What does Frank say he worried about after killing Esmeralda?
3. In "In the Bunker," what does Frank say about women and the sea?
4. What changes in Frank's house when Agnes returned?
5. What does Frank show about Blythe's death in "The Snake Park"?
6. In "The Snake Park," what happens when Frank checks the sacrifice poles?
7. How does Frank say he killed Paul?
8. After Esmeralda is never seen again, what assumptions does Frank make?
9. How does Frank wish Esmeralda died?
10. Why does Frank feel responsible for Harmsworth's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Frank's places, including his third floor room and bunker. What is the purpose of these places? How do these places impact Frank?
Essay Topic 2
What is the author's commentary on gender roles? How does the author use Frank to deliver this message? Give examples to help support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Frank as a narrator. Is he reliable? How do his tone and word choice impact the novel?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)