|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank say he did to look upset after Esmeralda's death?
2. In "Sacrifice Poles," what does Frank tell Eric to avoid on his way home?
3. What does Frank say Paul hit the German mortar with?
4. What does Frank say he did when Esmeralda's asked him about her disappearance?
5. When Agnes returned to Angus' house, how pregnant was she?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Angus do when he measures items around the house?
2. How does Frank say he killed Paul?
3. What does Frank look for in "Running Dog"?
4. In "The Snake Park," what happens when Frank checks the sacrifice poles?
5. What does Angus tell Frank about his gender?
6. How does the "bomb circle" get its name?
7. What reason does Frank give for killing Paul?
8. What is Frank's accident?
9. After learning she is a girl, how does Frank feel about her life?
10. Whose deaths were predicted by the wasp factory?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the use of at least three literary devices in this novel. What is the effect of these? Are the devices effective? Why or why not? Give examples of each literary device in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the theme of disappointment in this novel. Define theme in your discussion and give specific examples from the book to support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the theme of secrets in "The Wasp Factory." Make sure you define theme in your essay and explain the meaning of the secrets to the characters and plot.
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)