|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank put razors on the edges of a Frisbee?
2. After hearing the dog in the phone booth with Eric, what does Frank decide about dogs?
3. What is similar between Eric's mother and Frank's mother?
4. In "The Snake Park," what does Frank take as an omen?
5. How does Frank feel about his father's walking stick?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank feel about black people?
2. In "In the Bunker," what does Frank say about women and the sea?
3. After Esmeralda is never seen again, what assumptions does Frank make?
4. How does Frank describe his decision to kill Esmeralda?
5. What changes in Frank's house when Agnes returned?
6. Why does Frank want his father's cordite?
7. What two suicides does Frank describe in "The Snake Park"?
8. What does Frank admit feeling guilty about in "The Bomb Circle"?
9. Why does Frank say he had to kill Paul?
10. In "In the Bunker," how does Frank groom himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the theme of secrets in "The Wasp Factory." Make sure you define theme in your essay and explain the meaning of the secrets to the characters and plot.
Essay Topic 2
Choose either Frank, Eric or Angus and analyze what motivates them as a character.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the symbolism of fire in the novel. Define symbolism in your essay and give specific examples of the use of fire in the novel.
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)