Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank feel about his father's walking stick?
2. What does Frank say probably happened to Esmeralda?
3. Why doesn't Frank go into Angus' study?
4. What does Frank use to trap wasps in wax?
5. What does Frank say he believed about Paul's soul?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two suicides does Frank describe in "The Snake Park"?
2. How does Frank describe Agnes relationship with Angus?
3. Why did Eric's relatives hold an intervention when he was a child?
4. What led to Eric being put in hospitals?
5. How does Frank feel about his father's legs and their injury?
6. What does Angus tell Frank about his gender?
7. How did Frank finally describe Esmeralda's death to the authorities?
8. What happens when Eric calls in "The Wasp Factory"?
9. What does Frank do after the wasp chooses fire in "The Wasp Factory"?
10. How does Frank's father feel about Frank's drinking?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Frank as a narrator. Is he reliable? How do his tone and word choice impact the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the theme of disappointment in this novel. Define theme in your discussion and give specific examples from the book to support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the three murders Frank commits, quoting the book to support your comparison.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)