|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Angus kill Old Saul?
2. Why does Frank say he used to bury mice and gerbils?
3. Why does Frank say he used to buy gerbils from the pet store?
4. What happens to Frank during his fight with the buck in "The Snake Park"?
5. Why does Jamie sit on Frank's shoulders in "The Bomb Circle"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "In the Bunker," what does Frank say about women and the sea?
2. How does Frank say he killed Paul?
3. What happens when Frank fights with the rabbit in "The Snake Park"?
4. Why does Frank say he had to kill Paul?
5. How does Frank's father feel about Frank's drinking?
6. How does Frank feel about his mother, Agnes?
7. How did Frank finally describe Esmeralda's death to the authorities?
8. How does Frank feel when he learns his half-brother, Eric, escapes?
9. Why is Frank irritated by the bottle?
10. What are Frank's sacrifice poles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the theme of secrets in "The Wasp Factory." Make sure you define theme in your essay and explain the meaning of the secrets to the characters and plot.
Essay Topic 2
What is the author's commentary on gender roles? How does the author use Frank to deliver this message? Give examples to help support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the three murders Frank commits, quoting the book to support your comparison.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)