|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Sacrifice Poles," what does Frank tell Eric to avoid on his way home?
2. What does Frank say Agnes did after Paul's birth?
3. Why does Jamie sit on Frank's shoulders in "The Bomb Circle"?
4. What do people say to Frank when he comes to town?
5. What does Angus record in his measurement book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank's father feel about Frank's drinking?
2. How does Frank try to contact Eric?
3. What two suicides does Frank describe in "The Snake Park"?
4. How does Frank feel about his father's legs and their injury?
5. Why does Frank say he does not "officially" exist?
6. What was Frank's plot to kill Esmeralda?
7. How does Frank describe Agnes relationship with Angus?
8. What does Frank say he worried about after killing Esmeralda?
9. How does Frank describe his decision to kill Esmeralda?
10. What are Frank's sacrifice poles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the symbolism of fire in the novel. Define symbolism in your essay and give specific examples of the use of fire in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Frank as a narrator. Is he reliable? How do his tone and word choice impact the novel?
Essay Topic 3
What is the author's commentary on gender roles? How does the author use Frank to deliver this message? Give examples to help support your statements.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)