|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank say he used to bury mice and gerbils?
2. Where did Leviticus die?
3. What does Frank like about the naming ceremony for his catapult?
4. Why does Angus walk with a stick?
5. What must Frank do to reach Rabbit Grounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Frank finally describe Esmeralda's death to the authorities?
2. What does Angus do when he measures items around the house?
3. What does Frank say he worried about after killing Esmeralda?
4. What changes in Frank's house when Agnes returned?
5. What does Frank do after the wasp chooses fire in "The Wasp Factory"?
6. How does the "bomb circle" get its name?
7. What was Frank's plot to kill Esmeralda?
8. How does Frank describe his childhood relationship with Eric?
9. Why does Frank catch a wasp in "Space Invaders"?
10. How does Frank feel when he learns his half-brother, Eric, escapes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is revenge a theme in this novel? What role does revenge have in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the three murders Frank commits, quoting the book to support your comparison.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the theme of disappointment in this novel. Define theme in your discussion and give specific examples from the book to support your statements.
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)