|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angus walk with a stick?
2. In "The Bomb Circle," what does Frank say he is prejudiced against?
3. What does Frank say he hoped happened to Esmeralda?
4. What is similar between Eric's mother and Frank's mother?
5. What reason did Agnes give for leaving Angus?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "In the Bunker," how does Frank groom himself?
2. What is Frank's accident?
3. How does Frank describe Agnes relationship with Angus?
4. In "In the Bunker," what does Frank say about women and the sea?
5. Why is Frank irritated by the bottle?
6. What two suicides does Frank describe in "The Snake Park"?
7. What changes in Frank's house when Agnes returned?
8. What does Frank admit feeling guilty about in "The Bomb Circle"?
9. How does Frank feel about his mother, Agnes?
10. What does Angus do when he measures items around the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the theme of secrets in "The Wasp Factory." Make sure you define theme in your essay and explain the meaning of the secrets to the characters and plot.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the technique of having Frank narrate both from childhood memory and the present.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the use of at least three literary devices in this novel. What is the effect of these? Are the devices effective? Why or why not? Give examples of each literary device in the novel.
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)