|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank hate women?
2. Why is Eric angry about the dog in the phone booth with him when he calls Frank?
3. Why does Frank say he used to bury mice and gerbils?
4. Why doesn't Frank replenish his sacrifice poles in "The Snake Park"?
5. Where does Frank put his bombs in "The Snake Park"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Frank finally describe Esmeralda's death to the authorities?
2. Why does Frank want his father's cordite?
3. What is Frank's accident?
4. In "In the Bunker," what does Frank say about women and the sea?
5. What does Frank show about Blythe's death in "The Snake Park"?
6. After Esmeralda is never seen again, what assumptions does Frank make?
7. How does Frank describe Agnes relationship with Angus?
8. Why does Frank say he had to kill Paul?
9. In "The Snake Park," what happens when Frank checks the sacrifice poles?
10. How does Frank say he killed Paul?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Frank as a narrator. Is he reliable? How do his tone and word choice impact the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the use of at least three literary devices in this novel. What is the effect of these? Are the devices effective? Why or why not? Give examples of each literary device in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the symbolism of fire in the novel. Define symbolism in your essay and give specific examples of the use of fire in the novel.
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)