|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Agnes return to Angus' house?
2. Why does Frank not know his mother well?
3. Which uncle does Frank take the blame for his death?
4. Who does Frank blame for his accident?
5. What does Frank burn the wasp on top of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is suspicious about Angus' study?
2. How does the "bomb circle" get its name?
3. How did Frank finally describe Esmeralda's death to the authorities?
4. How does Frank feel when he learns his half-brother, Eric, escapes?
5. Why does Frank feel responsible for Harmsworth's death?
6. What does Frank say he worried about after killing Esmeralda?
7. How does Frank feel about his mother, Agnes?
8. How does Frank feel about black people?
9. Why is Frank irritated by the bottle?
10. What changes in Frank's house when Agnes returned?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Frank as a narrator. Is he reliable? How do his tone and word choice impact the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Choose either Frank, Eric or Angus and analyze what motivates them as a character.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze at least three of the chapter titles in this novel.
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)