|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Frank replenish his sacrifice poles in "The Snake Park"?
2. Why does Frank say he used to bury mice and gerbils?
3. What does Frank say he hoped happened to Esmeralda?
4. How does Frank feel about the measurement book?
5. Where does Frank remember Paul's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Frank say he does not "officially" exist?
2. How does Frank say Leviticus died?
3. What does Frank say he worried about after killing Esmeralda?
4. How does Frank feel about his mother, Agnes?
5. What does Frank show about Blythe's death in "The Snake Park"?
6. How does the "bomb circle" get its name?
7. How does Frank wish Esmeralda died?
8. How does Frank's father feel about Frank's drinking?
9. In "In the Bunker," what does Frank say about women and the sea?
10. How does Frank describe Agnes relationship with Angus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role do superstitions and rituals play in this novel? Give examples of different superstitions and their meanings.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Eric and Frank.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Frank's places, including his third floor room and bunker. What is the purpose of these places? How do these places impact Frank?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)