|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Bomb Circle," what does Frank say about the people inside him?
2. Why does Angus walk with a stick?
3. How does Athelwald Trapley's house explode?
4. Where does Frank keep his wasp factory?
5. What body part does Frank say Blythe lost in an accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank feel when he learns his half-brother, Eric, escapes?
2. How does Frank wish Esmeralda died?
3. Why does Frank say he does not "officially" exist?
4. How does Frank say Leviticus died?
5. Why does Frank say he had to kill Paul?
6. What was Frank's plot to kill Esmeralda?
7. How does the "bomb circle" get its name?
8. What is suspicious about Angus' study?
9. How does Frank say he killed Paul?
10. How does Frank describe Agnes relationship with Angus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the commentary this novel provides on gender development. How do Angus and Frank illuminate this process? Give examples from "The Wasp Factory" to support your statements.
Essay Topic 2
Choose either Frank, Eric or Angus and analyze what motivates them as a character.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast at least two settings in "The Wasp Factory." Explain the significance of setting to the novel.
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)