|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank describe the murders of his three relatives?
2. In "The Bomb Circle," what does Frank say he sometimes feels guilty about?
3. What does Angus say he did when Agnes returned home?
4. Why does Frank say he used to bury mice and gerbils?
5. What body part does Frank say Blythe lost in an accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Frank say he does not "officially" exist?
2. How does Frank feel about his father's legs and their injury?
3. What is Frank's accident?
4. How does Frank feel about black people?
5. What reason does Frank give for killing Paul?
6. How does Frank try to contact Eric?
7. After Esmeralda is never seen again, what assumptions does Frank make?
8. What was Frank's plot to kill Esmeralda?
9. In "In the Bunker," what does Frank say about women and the sea?
10. How does Frank say he killed Paul?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast at least two settings in "The Wasp Factory." Explain the significance of setting to the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the three murders Frank commits, quoting the book to support your comparison.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the theme of secrets in "The Wasp Factory." Make sure you define theme in your essay and explain the meaning of the secrets to the characters and plot.
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)