|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Athelwald Trapley's house explode?
2. What animal does Frank say Esmeralda may have eaten her?
3. What does Frank believe his father does in his study?
4. Why is Eric angry about the dog in the phone booth with him when he calls Frank?
5. How old was Frank when he killed Paul?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Frank feel responsible for Harmsworth's death?
2. How does the "bomb circle" get its name?
3. What does Frank say he worried about after killing Esmeralda?
4. In "The Snake Park," what happens when Frank checks the sacrifice poles?
5. Why is Frank irritated by the bottle?
6. In "In the Bunker," how does Frank groom himself?
7. How does Frank wish Esmeralda died?
8. Why does Frank say he had to kill Paul?
9. How does Frank feel about black people?
10. What happens when Frank fights with the rabbit in "The Snake Park"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Eric and Frank.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Frank's places, including his third floor room and bunker. What is the purpose of these places? How do these places impact Frank?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the technique of having Frank narrate both from childhood memory and the present.
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)