|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Angus able to put things in Frank's food?
(a) Because Frank leaves the table often.
(b) Because he grows his own produce.
(c) Because he sneaks it in at night.
(d) Because he always cooks.
2. In "The Prodigal," why does Frank say his father is a coward?
(a) Because he refuses to fight Eric.
(b) Because he admits to being afraid.
(c) Because he keeps his study locked.
(d) Because he runs away from Eric.
3. Who does Frank say insanity is for?
(b) The elderly.
(c) The weak.
4. In "The Prodigal," what does Frank see next to his father's bottle of whiskey?
(a) A broken glass.
(b) A telephone.
(c) A letter.
(d) A book.
5. What medical condition does Eric suffer from?
(a) Occasional blindness.
(c) Small strokes.
(d) Migraine headaches.
6. Why does Angus ask Frank to meet him at the library?
(a) Because Eric was captured.
(b) Because he found Frank a job.
(c) Because he needs help.
(d) Because he thinks the house is bugged.
7. In "Running Dog," what does Frank use his binoculars for?
(a) To see across the ocean.
(b) To spy on Angus.
(c) To see a vacation home.
(d) To see into town.
8. What does Frank say made Eric start drinking when he was going to college?
(a) Taking too many classes and a bad break up.
(b) A bad break up and experience caring for a child.
(c) Caring for a child and taking too many classes.
(d) Frank doesn't know for sure.
9. When does Eric come home from college?
(a) After his third year.
(b) After his first year.
(c) After his fourth year.
(d) After his second year.
10. What does Frank say insanity is a weak reaction to?
11. What does Frank do when he finds Eric sleeping in "What Happened to Me"?
(a) He kicks him.
(b) He cries.
(c) He sits down next to him.
(d) He calls the police.
12. In "Space Invaders," what does Frank say women are meant to do?
(a) Be quiet.
(b) Stay out of public.
(c) Have babies.
(d) Be beaten.
13. What does Angus tell Frank about his accident?
(a) It gave him the chance to make Frank think he was a boy.
(b) Angus set the whole thing up.
(c) It let him test female hormones on Frank.
(d) Agnes set the whole thing up.
14. Why does Frank say Eric was transferred to different hospitals?
(a) Because he couldn't afford them.
(b) Because he could escape.
(c) Because he assaulted workers.
(d) Because he needed new medicine.
15. How does the phone call between Frank and Eric end in "The Wasp Factory"?
(a) Frank hangs up.
(b) Eric hangs up.
(c) They are disconnected.
(d) Frank refuses to hang up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank find along with the male hormones in his father's study?
2. What does Frank compare space invaders to?
3. What does Frank do after putting a wasp in the factory?
4. In "The Prodigal," what does Frank use his binoculars to see?
5. Why does Angus give Frank androgen?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)