|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the boat boy, Andrew, charge for a boat ride?
2. Before Port Royal, what is the largest city that Kin has ever seen?
3. How many blankets does Kin tell the Indians he has traded for Diana?
4. What are Henry's people called in Jamaica and elsewhere?
5. How many men are lost in the battle with the other ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does one of the black men that will guard Diana give Kin before he goes into Port Royal?
2. What is Kin given to use when he leaves the Legare plantation?
3. Who does Jayne believe might be the girl that Kin is looking for?
4. What story does Kin tell Augustus Jayne to explain his presence in Port Royal?
5. What are some of the old ways of navigating that Kin and Tilly discuss?
6. What does Legare give Kin and offer to do for him?
7. What does Adele tell Kin happened to a man who tried to help her?
8. Why will Kin need to be cautious in Port Royal?
9. A burly man invites Kin for a drink. Why did the man have to leave Cambridge?
10. What languages were spoken at Shooting Creek in Barnabas Sackett's time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kin and Yance have to elude their pursuers. Discuss how Kin and Yance elude their pursuers.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Kin's and Diana's wedding, the doubts they have before the ceremony and how they resolve their doubts.
Essay Topic 3
In Jamaica, people like Henry are called maroons. Discuss who maroons are, their lives and how they help Kin and Henry.
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)