|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Kin find a maid for Diana?
2. What is the name of Kin's brother who went west?
3. When Kin stops at an inn after leaving the Legares, how far does he have to go to return to the river where he met Henry earlier?
4. When Kin fights Pittingel, what body part does Kin nearly sever from the man?
5. What is Kin served to eat when he returns Adele to her home?
Essay Topic 1
Diana Macklin is portrayed as an independent, self-sufficient person. Discuss why Diana Macklin is thought to be independent and self-sufficient.
Essay Topic 2
Kin and Yance have to elude their pursuers. Discuss how Kin and Yance elude their pursuers.
Essay Topic 3
Kin writes letters to Peter Tallis and his brother Brian to establish a claim to the land he and the others have settled. Discuss land claims in America and why Kin and the other settlers need to secure their claims.
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)