|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men does Henry think have captured Adele?
2. Where does Kin think the ship might be as he tells Diana to prepare for a fight?
3. When Kin fights Pittingel, what body part does Kin nearly sever from the man?
4. From what tribe are the Indians that Kin sees on the barrier island?
5. What are Diana and Kin served to drink for breakfast the first morning on board ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why will Kin need to be cautious in Port Royal?
2. What does Adele tell Kin happened to a man who tried to help her?
3. What does one of the black men that will guard Diana give Kin before he goes into Port Royal?
4. What is Kin given to use when he leaves the Legare plantation?
5. What are some of the old ways of navigating that Kin and Tilly discuss?
6. What languages were spoken at Shooting Creek in Barnabas Sackett's time?
7. Why is Tilly hesitant to try to evade a ship that seems to be following them?
8. How do the men who killed Barnabas Sackett treat his grave?
9. How will Henry be able to help Kin in his search for the girl he is looking for?
10. What casualties of pirating does Kin notice as he walks about the docks of Port Royal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Jamaica, people like Henry are called maroons. Discuss who maroons are, their lives and how they help Kin and Henry.
Essay Topic 2
When Kin decides to go to the West Indies, pros and cons are discussed regarding the trip. Discuss the pros and cons of Kin's journey to the West Indies.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Yance and Temperance's courtship.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)