|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Adele is taken, where does Henry tell Kin to meet him?
2. With whom does the innkeeper suggest that Kin leave Legare's horse and pistols?
3. To whom does Kin suggest that Tilly sell the rest of his cargo after the battle?
4. How many cows do the people at the fort have where Kin, Diana and the Indians trade and buy supplies? .
5. What is the name of the tavern where Tilly sends Kin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What languages were spoken at Shooting Creek in Barnabas Sackett's time?
2. How does Henry arrange for transportation to get Adele to her home after she is kidnapped and then rescued?
3. How do the men who killed Barnabas Sackett treat his grave?
4. How does Kin describe the men on the streets and in the drinking shops of Port Royal?
5. What does Legare give Kin and offer to do for him?
6. A burly man invites Kin for a drink. Why did the man have to leave Cambridge?
7. What casualties of pirating does Kin notice as he walks about the docks of Port Royal?
8. A fisherman takes Kin and Henry to John Tilly's ship. Who does he say settled Damariscove?
9. Where does Tilly and crew bring the ship ashore after the battle and what do they find there?
10. What does one of the black men that will guard Diana give Kin before he goes into Port Royal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Adele Legare and her character qualities.
Essay Topic 2
Kin and Yance have to elude their pursuers. Discuss how Kin and Yance elude their pursuers.
Essay Topic 3
Kin thinks of a few men that he dislikes, but he hates Bauer. Compare how Kin feels about his various enemies, past and present.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)