|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Kin pay a man to watch for the Abigail?
2. At the end of Chapter 11 when Kin cannot sleep, who does he see outside his window at the tavern?
3. What color eyes does Adele have?
4. How long ago did Rafe Bogardus study at Cambridge?
5. Who offers to stand in for Diana's father when she marries Kin?
Short Essay Questions
1. A burly man invites Kin for a drink. Why did the man have to leave Cambridge?
2. Where does Tilly and crew bring the ship ashore after the battle and what do they find there?
3. How will Henry be able to help Kin in his search for the girl he is looking for?
4. Who does Jayne believe might be the girl that Kin is looking for?
5. What does one of the black men that will guard Diana give Kin before he goes into Port Royal?
6. How does Henry arrange for transportation to get Adele to her home after she is kidnapped and then rescued?
7. What is Kin given to use when he leaves the Legare plantation?
8. How does Kin describe the men on the streets and in the drinking shops of Port Royal?
9. How might Kin's brother Brian help Mr. Legare?
10. What training has Kin had with a sword?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Captain Tilly marries Kin and Diana. Discuss how the relationship between Kin and Diana developed.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Rafe Bogardus, his profession, his character and how he became a killer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Yance and Temperance's courtship.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)