|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How close is Kin when he kills the first man to waylay him after he leaves the Legare plantation?
2. How many muskets does Kin tell the Indians he has traded for Diana?
3. How many men does Henry think have captured Adele?
4. What is the name of Diana's maid?
5. Who offers to stand in for Diana's father when she marries Kin?
Short Essay Questions
1. A fisherman takes Kin and Henry to John Tilly's ship. Who does he say settled Damariscove?
2. How might Kin's brother Brian help Mr. Legare?
3. What were the circumstances of Kin's birth?
4. What casualties of pirating does Kin notice as he walks about the docks of Port Royal?
5. What story does Kin tell Augustus Jayne to explain his presence in Port Royal?
6. How does Kin describe the men on the streets and in the drinking shops of Port Royal?
7. What training has Kin had with a sword?
8. How will Henry be able to help Kin in his search for the girl he is looking for?
9. What does Tilly say about Kin's brother and sister who are in England?
10. What does Adele tell Kin happened to a man who tried to help her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diana Macklin is portrayed as an independent, self-sufficient person. Discuss why Diana Macklin is thought to be independent and self-sufficient.
Essay Topic 2
Kin writes letters to Peter Tallis and his brother Brian to establish a claim to the land he and the others have settled. Discuss land claims in America and why Kin and the other settlers need to secure their claims.
Essay Topic 3
Kin thinks of a few men that he dislikes, but he hates Bauer. Compare how Kin feels about his various enemies, past and present.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)