|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the swamp that Kin, Diana and the Indians cross the day after Kin and Diana get married?
2. Who is being held captive in a carriage stopped in the road where Diana stops?
3. Where does Tilly say that most of Henry's people live in Jamaica?
4. When Kin stops at an inn after leaving the Legares, how far does he have to go to return to the river where he met Henry earlier?
5. What is the name of Kin's brother who went west?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tilly hesitant to try to evade a ship that seems to be following them?
2. Who does Jayne believe might be the girl that Kin is looking for?
3. What does Adele tell Kin happened to a man who tried to help her?
4. What were the circumstances of Kin's birth?
5. What training has Kin had with a sword?
6. How does Henry arrange for transportation to get Adele to her home after she is kidnapped and then rescued?
7. What story does Kin tell Augustus Jayne to explain his presence in Port Royal?
8. What does Henry say when Kin asks if he is staying in Jamaica?
9. What does one of the black men that will guard Diana give Kin before he goes into Port Royal?
10. What is Kin given to use when he leaves the Legare plantation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kin and Yance have to elude their pursuers. Discuss how Kin and Yance elude their pursuers.
Essay Topic 2
Yance and Kin use deductive reasoning to locate the girls after they escape. Discuss how Yance and Kin use deductive reasoning to locate the girls.
Essay Topic 3
When Kin decides to go to the West Indies, pros and cons are discussed regarding the trip. Discuss the pros and cons of Kin's journey to the West Indies.
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)