|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kin served to eat when he returns Adele to her home?
2. What is the name of the swamp that Kin, Diana and the Indians cross the day after Kin and Diana get married?
3. After Adele is taken, where does Henry tell Kin to meet him?
4. What is the name of the tavern where Tilly sends Kin?
5. How many outfits does Kin order from Augustus Jayne?
Short Essay Questions
1. How will Henry be able to help Kin in his search for the girl he is looking for?
2. What does Legare give Kin and offer to do for him?
3. How does Henry arrange for transportation to get Adele to her home after she is kidnapped and then rescued?
4. Who does Jayne believe might be the girl that Kin is looking for?
5. What languages were spoken at Shooting Creek in Barnabas Sackett's time?
6. What were the circumstances of Kin's birth?
7. How does Kin describe the men on the streets and in the drinking shops of Port Royal?
8. What does Adele tell Kin happened to a man who tried to help her?
9. A burly man invites Kin for a drink. Why did the man have to leave Cambridge?
10. What does Henry say when Kin asks if he is staying in Jamaica?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Yance and Kin use deductive reasoning to locate the girls after they escape. Discuss how Yance and Kin use deductive reasoning to locate the girls.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Yance and Temperance's courtship.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how dialogue is used in the novel to reveal information about characters and to advance plot.
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)