|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many blankets does Kin tell the Indians he has traded for Diana?
2. Who points out a ship in the night to Tilly?
3. What Indian tribe bides their time before they attack Kin and his family?
4. How many cows do the people at the fort have where Kin, Diana and the Indians trade and buy supplies? .
5. Who helps Kin find a maid for Diana?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Jayne believe might be the girl that Kin is looking for?
2. What were the circumstances of Kin's birth?
3. A burly man invites Kin for a drink. Why did the man have to leave Cambridge?
4. A fisherman takes Kin and Henry to John Tilly's ship. Who does he say settled Damariscove?
5. What story does Kin tell Augustus Jayne to explain his presence in Port Royal?
6. How does Kin describe the men on the streets and in the drinking shops of Port Royal?
7. How might Kin's brother Brian help Mr. Legare?
8. What languages were spoken at Shooting Creek in Barnabas Sackett's time?
9. What does Henry say when Kin asks if he is staying in Jamaica?
10. What are some of the old ways of navigating that Kin and Tilly discuss?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Kin decides to go to the West Indies, pros and cons are discussed regarding the trip. Discuss the pros and cons of Kin's journey to the West Indies.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Henry, his life and his motives.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Yance and Temperance's courtship.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)