|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How close is Kin when he kills the first man to waylay him after he leaves the Legare plantation?
2. How many slaves does the tailor Augustus Jayne employ?
3. Who offers to stand in for Diana's father when she marries Kin?
4. What is the name of the ship Pittingel has?
5. How many men are lost in the battle with the other ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How will Henry be able to help Kin in his search for the girl he is looking for?
2. What story does Kin tell Augustus Jayne to explain his presence in Port Royal?
3. What is Kin given to use when he leaves the Legare plantation?
4. A fisherman takes Kin and Henry to John Tilly's ship. Who does he say settled Damariscove?
5. Why will Kin need to be cautious in Port Royal?
6. Why is Tilly hesitant to try to evade a ship that seems to be following them?
7. Who does Jayne believe might be the girl that Kin is looking for?
8. What languages were spoken at Shooting Creek in Barnabas Sackett's time?
9. What casualties of pirating does Kin notice as he walks about the docks of Port Royal?
10. What does one of the black men that will guard Diana give Kin before he goes into Port Royal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Adele Legare and her character qualities.
Essay Topic 2
When Kin decides to go to the West Indies, pros and cons are discussed regarding the trip. Discuss the pros and cons of Kin's journey to the West Indies.
Essay Topic 3
Kin and Yance have to elude their pursuers. Discuss how Kin and Yance elude their pursuers.
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)