|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Kin find a maid for Diana?
2. How many blankets does Kin tell the Indians he has traded for Diana?
3. Who gave Tilly his ship?
4. What color eyes does Adele have?
5. What birds does Kin see on the barrier island after the ship is brought to shore?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the men who killed Barnabas Sackett treat his grave?
2. A fisherman takes Kin and Henry to John Tilly's ship. Who does he say settled Damariscove?
3. What casualties of pirating does Kin notice as he walks about the docks of Port Royal?
4. What languages were spoken at Shooting Creek in Barnabas Sackett's time?
5. What are some of the old ways of navigating that Kin and Tilly discuss?
6. What training has Kin had with a sword?
7. Why is Tilly hesitant to try to evade a ship that seems to be following them?
8. What happened to Andrew's parents ( the boat boy)?
9. What does Adele tell Kin happened to a man who tried to help her?
10. What does Henry say when Kin asks if he is staying in Jamaica?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diana Macklin is portrayed as an independent, self-sufficient person. Discuss why Diana Macklin is thought to be independent and self-sufficient.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the protagonist and antagonist in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Adele Legare and her character qualities.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)