|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Henry's people called in Jamaica and elsewhere?
2. When Barnabas Sackett took a pirate ship in Newfoundland, who did he hang high until the man could cool down?
3. How many men are lost in the battle with the other ship?
4. How many outfits does Kin order from Augustus Jayne?
5. What is Kin served to eat when he returns Adele to her home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What languages were spoken at Shooting Creek in Barnabas Sackett's time?
2. What does Legare give Kin and offer to do for him?
3. A fisherman takes Kin and Henry to John Tilly's ship. Who does he say settled Damariscove?
4. What casualties of pirating does Kin notice as he walks about the docks of Port Royal?
5. What story does Kin tell Augustus Jayne to explain his presence in Port Royal?
6. What does Tilly say about Kin's brother and sister who are in England?
7. What does one of the black men that will guard Diana give Kin before he goes into Port Royal?
8. What does Adele tell Kin happened to a man who tried to help her?
9. What are some of the old ways of navigating that Kin and Tilly discuss?
10. What were the circumstances of Kin's birth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Captain Tilly marries Kin and Diana. Discuss how the relationship between Kin and Diana developed.
Essay Topic 2
Yance and Kin use deductive reasoning to locate the girls after they escape. Discuss how Yance and Kin use deductive reasoning to locate the girls.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Kin's and Diana's wedding, the doubts they have before the ceremony and how they resolve their doubts.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)