Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flowers are in bloom when Kin is hunting in Chapter 1?
2. How wide is the river that Kin, Yance and the girls cross while they try to make it to safety?
3. What does Kin say that his brother Yance fights like?
4. Near what type of tree does Yance find tracks of men walking barefoot?
5. What is the name of John Tilly's ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Andrew's parents ( the boat boy)?
2. How does Henry arrange for transportation to get Adele to her home after she is kidnapped and then rescued?
3. Where does Tilly and crew bring the ship ashore after the battle and what do they find there?
4. Who is Peter Tallis?
5. What does Diana think of Kin when she first meets him?
6. What does Kin tell Anna Temperance of life at Shooting Creek?
7. Why is Reverend Blaxton considered to be eccentric?
8. A burly man invites Kin for a drink. Why did the man have to leave Cambridge?
9. Why does Yance say that he and Kin will be alone looking for the kidnapped girls?
10. Who is Schaumberg and how did he come to Shooting Creek?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Kin's and Rafe's swordmanship and how their skills compare.
Essay Topic 2
Kin learns about the girls' disappearance and that it is thought Indians took them. Discuss the theories about the girls' disappearance.
Essay Topic 3
Kin thinks of a few men that he dislikes, but he hates Bauer. Compare how Kin feels about his various enemies, past and present.
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)