|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Diana's mother die?
2. Where does a sailor tell Yance that slaves are sold?
3. What is the name of Henry's tribe?
4. Where was Sakim the teacher for Kin and his siblings?
5. What does Kin see growing on the east side of the hollow where Diana and Carrie had been gathering herbs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Musketaquid River worry Kin?
2. How did Henry become the servant of a ship's captain?
3. What does Kin tell Yance before he leaves for the West Indies?
4. How do Kin and Yance know that the girls have escaped their captors?
5. What does Kin tell Anna Temperance of life at Shooting Creek?
6. How does Kin describe the path he watches while he hunts?
7. Why does Yance say that he and Kin will be alone looking for the kidnapped girls?
8. Why is Kin cautious about helping the Indian he sees coming up the path?
9. Why is there peace between Tenaco's tribe and the white men?
10. How does Diana make some of the men guarding her and Carrie leary of her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kin thinks of a few men that he dislikes, but he hates Bauer. Compare how Kin feels about his various enemies, past and present.
Essay Topic 2
Kin discusses the importance of reading, thinking and learning. Discuss Kin's education and what education means to Kin.
Essay Topic 3
Yance and Kin use deductive reasoning to locate the girls after they escape. Discuss how Yance and Kin use deductive reasoning to locate the girls.
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)