|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kin hunting for at the beginning of the book?
2. How old was Temperance when Yance met her?
3. What color hair does the man have who surprises Kin after he swims across the river?
4. How many men were walking barefoot on the trail that Yance finds?
5. How old is the bold young lady that Blaxton and Maverick say disappeared a while back?
Short Essay Questions
1. A burly man invites Kin for a drink. Why did the man have to leave Cambridge?
2. Describe Jeremy.
3. What does Kin tell Anna Temperance of life at Shooting Creek?
4. Why is Bauer so eager to kill Kin at Shooting Creek?
5. What evidence is available that could cause Diana to be brought up before the assises?
6. What training has Kin had with a sword?
7. How does Diana make some of the men guarding her and Carrie leary of her?
8. Why and how does Jeremy suggest that they establish a claim to their land?
9. What languages were spoken at Shooting Creek in Barnabas Sackett's time?
10. What happened to Andrew's parents ( the boat boy)?
Essay Topic 1
Kin and Yance have to elude their pursuers. Discuss how Kin and Yance elude their pursuers.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how dialogue is used in the novel to reveal information about characters and to advance plot.
Essay Topic 3
Diana Macklin is portrayed as an independent, self-sufficient person. Discuss why Diana Macklin is thought to be independent and self-sufficient.
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)