|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What island in the West Indies does Kin intend to go to first?
2. What flowers are in bloom when Kin is hunting in Chapter 1?
3. What is Carrie's mother's name?
4. What sound does Kin hear that indicates people are near where he and his brother are camped with the girls?
5. When Kin sees those who are pursuing him near his camp, who does he see lighting a fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Andrew's parents ( the boat boy)?
2. Why isn't it easy for Kin to write a letter?
3. Why is there peace between Tenaco's tribe and the white men?
4. What is Kin given to use when he leaves the Legare plantation?
5. What languages were spoken at Shooting Creek in Barnabas Sackett's time?
6. Who is Schaumberg and how did he come to Shooting Creek?
7. Where does Kin tell Diana that she and her father can go if she is not welcome back at Cape Ann?
8. Why does Kin decide he will go to the West Indies?
9. How does Kin describe the path he watches while he hunts?
10. How does Yance describe Diana Macklin?
Essay Topic 1
In Jamaica, people like Henry are called maroons. Discuss who maroons are, their lives and how they help Kin and Henry.
Essay Topic 2
Kin thinks of a few men that he dislikes, but he hates Bauer. Compare how Kin feels about his various enemies, past and present.
Essay Topic 3
Kin believes that Pittingel is behind the kidnapping of Diana and Carrie, but is warned by Blaxton and Maverick that it is dangerous to accuse the man. Discuss the accusations against Pittingel and why it is dangerous to accuse Pittingel of the kidnappings.
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)