|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Kin's sister?
2. After finding the girls, how big around are some of the trees in the forest that Kin and Yance travel through?
3. Where was Sakim a physician and a surgeon?
4. What is the name of John Tilly's ship?
5. How many men were walking barefoot on the trail that Yance finds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the northern settlers not hunters?
2. What evidence is available that could cause Diana to be brought up before the assises?
3. How do Kin and Yance know that the girls have escaped their captors?
4. How did Henry become a slave?
5. How does Kin describe the path he watches while he hunts?
6. How did Henry learn to speak English?
7. Why does Kin decide he will go to the West Indies?
8. Why does Kin believe it is important to read?
9. Why does Kin believe that something is on the trail he watches while he hunts?
10. How does Diana make some of the men guarding her and Carrie leary of her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the protagonist and antagonist in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Kin's and Rafe's swordmanship and how their skills compare.
Essay Topic 3
Diana Macklin is portrayed as an independent, self-sufficient person. Discuss why Diana Macklin is thought to be independent and self-sufficient.
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)