|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Near what type of tree does Yance find tracks of men walking barefoot?
2. What types of fish does Henry catch?
3. What direction does Yance decide he and Kin should go in the morning after the girls have escaped their captors?
4. From what tribe is the woman who keeps Reverend Blaxton's house?
5. How many slaves are with the party that kidnaps Diana and Carrie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Diana think of Kin when she first meets him?
2. How do Kin and Yance know that the girls have escaped their captors?
3. Why does Kin decide he will go to the West Indies?
4. Why does the Musketaquid River worry Kin?
5. Where does Kin tell Diana that she and her father can go if she is not welcome back at Cape Ann?
6. Why is there peace between Tenaco's tribe and the white men?
7. What evidence is available that could cause Diana to be brought up before the assises?
8. Why does Yance say that he and Kin will be alone looking for the kidnapped girls?
9. When Yance is in the stocks, what does a sailor tell him about Pittingel?
10. How did Henry learn to speak English?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how dialogue is used in the novel to reveal information about characters and to advance plot.
Essay Topic 2
Yance and Kin use deductive reasoning to locate the girls after they escape. Discuss how Yance and Kin use deductive reasoning to locate the girls.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Kin's and Diana's wedding, the doubts they have before the ceremony and how they resolve their doubts.
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)