Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flowers are in bloom when Kin is hunting in Chapter 1?
2. How wide is the river that Kin, Yance and the girls cross while they try to make it to safety?
3. What does Kin say that his brother Yance fights like?
4. Near what type of tree does Yance find tracks of men walking barefoot?
5. What is the name of John Tilly's ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Andrew's parents ( the boat boy)?
2. How does Henry arrange for transportation to get Adele to her home after she is kidnapped and then rescued?
3. Where does Tilly and crew bring the ship ashore after the battle and what do they find there?
4. Who is Peter Tallis?
5. What does Diana think of Kin when she first meets him?
6. What does Kin tell Anna Temperance of life at Shooting Creek?
7. Why is Reverend Blaxton considered to be eccentric?
8. A burly man invites Kin for a drink. Why did the man have to leave Cambridge?
9. Why does Yance say that he and Kin will be alone looking for the kidnapped girls?
10. Who is Schaumberg and how did he come to Shooting Creek?
Essay Topic 1
Kin discusses the importance of reading, thinking and learning. Discuss Kin's education and what education means to Kin.
Essay Topic 2
Yance and Kin use deductive reasoning to locate the girls after they escape. Discuss how Yance and Kin use deductive reasoning to locate the girls.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Kin's and Diana's wedding, the doubts they have before the ceremony and how they resolve their doubts.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)