|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the men who are guarding Diana and Carrie wears a stocking cap with a tassel.
2. What is Kin served at Reverend Blaxton's house?
3. How long have people been living in the Massachusetts Bay colony at the time the story is told?
4. After finding the girls, how big around are some of the trees in the forest that Kin and Yance travel through?
5. How old is the bold young lady that Blaxton and Maverick say disappeared a while back?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the northern settlers put Yance in the stocks and how did he get free?
2. How did Henry learn to speak English?
3. Why does Kin believe it is important to read?
4. When Yance is in the stocks, what does a sailor tell him about Pittingel?
5. How does Yance describe Diana Macklin?
6. Why is Reverend Blaxton considered to be eccentric?
7. What does Diana think of Kin when she first meets him?
8. Why is there peace between Tenaco's tribe and the white men?
9. How does Diana make some of the men guarding her and Carrie leary of her?
10. How did Henry become a slave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Kin's and Diana's wedding, the doubts they have before the ceremony and how they resolve their doubts.
Essay Topic 2
Kin writes letters to Peter Tallis and his brother Brian to establish a claim to the land he and the others have settled. Discuss land claims in America and why Kin and the other settlers need to secure their claims.
Essay Topic 3
Diana Macklin is portrayed as an independent, self-sufficient person. Discuss why Diana Macklin is thought to be independent and self-sufficient.
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)