|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men does Kin see on shore when he swims across the river trying to catch up to the raft?
2. What year does the story takes place in "The Warrior's Path"?
3. How many men were walking barefoot on the trail that Yance finds?
4. Where did Diana's mother die?
5. What sound does Kin hear that indicates people are near where he and his brother are camped with the girls?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Musketaquid River worry Kin?
2. What does Diana tell Kin about Samuel Maverick?
3. What does Diana think of Kin when she first meets him?
4. How did Henry become the servant of a ship's captain?
5. What evidence is available that could cause Diana to be brought up before the assises?
6. How did Henry become a slave?
7. How does Yance describe Diana Macklin?
8. What does Kin tell Anna Temperance of life at Shooting Creek?
9. When Yance is in the stocks, what does a sailor tell him about Pittingel?
10. Where does Kin tell Diana that she and her father can go if she is not welcome back at Cape Ann?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kin believes that Pittingel is behind the kidnapping of Diana and Carrie, but is warned by Blaxton and Maverick that it is dangerous to accuse the man. Discuss the accusations against Pittingel and why it is dangerous to accuse Pittingel of the kidnappings.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Henry, his life and his motives.
Essay Topic 3
Kin writes letters to Peter Tallis and his brother Brian to establish a claim to the land he and the others have settled. Discuss land claims in America and why Kin and the other settlers need to secure their claims.
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)