|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much more would Diana bring as a slave than would Henry?
2. What is the name of Pike's ship?
3. At the end of Chapter 7, how close is the Sacketts' camp to the camp of their pursuers?
4. Who killed Kin's father?
5. How old does Yance believe that Carrie Penney is?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Diana make some of the men guarding her and Carrie leary of her?
2. Why is there peace between Tenaco's tribe and the white men?
3. What does Diana think of Kin when she first meets him?
4. What does Diana tell Kin about Samuel Maverick?
5. Why is Reverend Blaxton considered to be eccentric?
6. Why does Kin decide he will go to the West Indies?
7. What evidence is available that could cause Diana to be brought up before the assises?
8. What does Kin tell Yance before he leaves for the West Indies?
9. What does Kin tell Anna Temperance of life at Shooting Creek?
10. Why is Kin cautious about helping the Indian he sees coming up the path?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kin believes that Pittingel is behind the kidnapping of Diana and Carrie, but is warned by Blaxton and Maverick that it is dangerous to accuse the man. Discuss the accusations against Pittingel and why it is dangerous to accuse Pittingel of the kidnappings.
Essay Topic 2
Kin thinks of a few men that he dislikes, but he hates Bauer. Compare how Kin feels about his various enemies, past and present.
Essay Topic 3
Kin and Yance have to elude their pursuers. Discuss how Kin and Yance elude their pursuers.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)