|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yance set outside Temperance's family home and then he disappeared and laid low?
2. How long does Kin stop to eat huckleberries when he is trying to catch up with Yance and the girls after crossing the river?
3. How old was Temperance when Yance met her?
4. How many miles does Diana believe that they have walked westward since she was kidnapped?
5. What direction does Yance decide he and Kin should go in the morning after the girls have escaped their captors?
Short Essay Questions
1. How might Kin's brother Brian help Mr. Legare?
2. Why will Kin need to be cautious in Port Royal?
3. Why did the northern settlers put Yance in the stocks and how did he get free?
4. What does Legare give Kin and offer to do for him?
5. When Yance is in the stocks, what does a sailor tell him about Pittingel?
6. What are some of the old ways of navigating that Kin and Tilly discuss?
7. What advice does Kin remember his father advising whenever there was a fight?
8. How did Henry become the servant of a ship's captain?
9. What does Diana tell Kin about Samuel Maverick?
10. How does Kin describe the men on the streets and in the drinking shops of Port Royal?
Essay Topic 1
Kin learns about the girls' disappearance and that it is thought Indians took them. Discuss the theories about the girls' disappearance.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Kin's and Diana's wedding, the doubts they have before the ceremony and how they resolve their doubts.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Yance and Temperance's courtship.
This section contains 1,190 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)