|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Samuel Maverick live?
2. How had the Indian been hurt that Kin takes to his place after finding him while Kin is out hunting?
3. What direction does Yance decide he and Kin should go in the morning after the girls have escaped their captors?
4. Near what type of tree does Yance find tracks of men walking barefoot?
5. How many men does Kin see on shore when he swims across the river trying to catch up to the raft?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kin decide he will go to the West Indies?
2. Why does Yance say that he and Kin will be alone looking for the kidnapped girls?
3. How does Yance describe Diana Macklin?
4. Why did the northern settlers put Yance in the stocks and how did he get free?
5. When Yance is in the stocks, what does a sailor tell him about Pittingel?
6. Why does Kin believe that something is on the trail he watches while he hunts?
7. How does Kin describe the path he watches while he hunts?
8. What does Diana think of Kin when she first meets him?
9. What does Kin tell Anna Temperance of life at Shooting Creek?
10. What does Diana tell Kin about Samuel Maverick?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kin thinks of a few men that he dislikes, but he hates Bauer. Compare how Kin feels about his various enemies, past and present.
Essay Topic 2
Captain Tilly marries Kin and Diana. Discuss how the relationship between Kin and Diana developed.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Kin's and Diana's wedding, the doubts they have before the ceremony and how they resolve their doubts.
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)