|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When an Indian took Kin to Shawmut by canoe, at the foot of what hill does he leave Kin?
2. How many muskets does Kin say that the men have who are walking barefoot on a trail?
3. What river do Kin, Yance and the girls cross after discovering their pursuers camped nearby?
4. What is the name of Kin's sister?
5. How many Indians do Yance and Kin see when they are leading the girls through the forest?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Henry learn to speak English?
2. How does Yance describe Diana Macklin?
3. What evidence is available that could cause Diana to be brought up before the assises?
4. Why does Kin believe it is important to read?
5. Why is Kin cautious about helping the Indian he sees coming up the path?
6. What does Kin tell Anna Temperance of life at Shooting Creek?
7. What does Diana tell Kin about Samuel Maverick?
8. Why did the northern settlers put Yance in the stocks and how did he get free?
9. How does Kin describe the path he watches while he hunts?
10. Why does Kin believe that something is on the trail he watches while he hunts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kin and Yance have to elude their pursuers. Discuss how Kin and Yance elude their pursuers.
Essay Topic 2
Kin discusses the importance of reading, thinking and learning. Discuss Kin's education and what education means to Kin.
Essay Topic 3
Kin thinks of a few men that he dislikes, but he hates Bauer. Compare how Kin feels about his various enemies, past and present.
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)