|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does a sailor tell Yance that slaves are sold?
2. How long have people been living in the Massachusetts Bay colony at the time the story is told?
3. What is the name of Henry's tribe?
4. What does Kin tell Yance to do while he is gone?
5. Where does Samuel Maverick live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Kin cautious about helping the Indian he sees coming up the path?
2. What does Diana think of Kin when she first meets him?
3. What evidence is available that could cause Diana to be brought up before the assises?
4. Why does Kin believe it is important to read?
5. How did Henry become the servant of a ship's captain?
6. What does Diana tell Kin about Samuel Maverick?
7. Why does Kin believe that something is on the trail he watches while he hunts?
8. Where does Kin tell Diana that she and her father can go if she is not welcome back at Cape Ann?
9. Why did the northern settlers put Yance in the stocks and how did he get free?
10. Why is there peace between Tenaco's tribe and the white men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Captain Tilly marries Kin and Diana. Discuss how the relationship between Kin and Diana developed.
Essay Topic 2
Kin writes letters to Peter Tallis and his brother Brian to establish a claim to the land he and the others have settled. Discuss land claims in America and why Kin and the other settlers need to secure their claims.
Essay Topic 3
When Kin decides to go to the West Indies, pros and cons are discussed regarding the trip. Discuss the pros and cons of Kin's journey to the West Indies.
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)