|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Sakim a physician and a surgeon?
2. How long have people been living in the Massachusetts Bay colony at the time the story is told?
3. How many men does Kin see on shore when he swims across the river trying to catch up to the raft?
4. How long does Kin stop to eat huckleberries when he is trying to catch up with Yance and the girls after crossing the river?
5. Near what type of tree does Yance find tracks of men walking barefoot?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Henry learn to speak English?
2. When Yance is in the stocks, what does a sailor tell him about Pittingel?
3. How do Kin and Yance know that the girls have escaped their captors?
4. How does Kin describe the path he watches while he hunts?
5. What evidence is available that could cause Diana to be brought up before the assises?
6. How does Diana make some of the men guarding her and Carrie leary of her?
7. Why does the Musketaquid River worry Kin?
8. Why were the northern settlers not hunters?
9. How did Henry become the servant of a ship's captain?
10. How did Henry become a slave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Henry, his life and his motives.
Essay Topic 2
Kin and Yance have to elude their pursuers. Discuss how Kin and Yance elude their pursuers.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Yance and Temperance's courtship.
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)