|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Reverend Blaxton live?
2. What types of fish does Henry catch?
3. From what tribe is the woman who keeps Reverend Blaxton's house?
4. What is the name of John Tilly's ship?
5. Which of the men who are guarding Diana and Carrie wears a stocking cap with a tassel.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kin decide he will go to the West Indies?
2. When Yance is in the stocks, what does a sailor tell him about Pittingel?
3. How did Henry become a slave?
4. Why were the northern settlers not hunters?
5. Where does Kin tell Diana that she and her father can go if she is not welcome back at Cape Ann?
6. What does Kin tell Anna Temperance of life at Shooting Creek?
7. Why does Kin believe that something is on the trail he watches while he hunts?
8. How does Diana make some of the men guarding her and Carrie leary of her?
9. Why is Kin cautious about helping the Indian he sees coming up the path?
10. What does Diana tell Kin about Samuel Maverick?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kin experiences a number of conflicts--internal and external. Discuss conflicts that Kin experiences in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Rafe Bogardus, his profession, his character and how he became a killer.
Essay Topic 3
Yance and Kin use deductive reasoning to locate the girls after they escape. Discuss how Yance and Kin use deductive reasoning to locate the girls.
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)