|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Sakim a physician and a surgeon?
2. How many fish does Henry catch while they are trying to get the girls back to their families?
3. How old does Yance believe that Carrie Penney is?
4. What does Kin say that his brother Yance fights like?
5. What color horse does Yance ride?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Kin and Yance know that the girls have escaped their captors?
2. Why does Kin believe it is important to read?
3. How does Diana make some of the men guarding her and Carrie leary of her?
4. Why did the northern settlers put Yance in the stocks and how did he get free?
5. What does Kin tell Yance before he leaves for the West Indies?
6. Where does Kin tell Diana that she and her father can go if she is not welcome back at Cape Ann?
7. How did Henry become a slave?
8. Why were the northern settlers not hunters?
9. Why does Yance say that he and Kin will be alone looking for the kidnapped girls?
10. How did Henry learn to speak English?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Kin's and Rafe's swordmanship and how their skills compare.
Essay Topic 2
When Kin decides to go to the West Indies, pros and cons are discussed regarding the trip. Discuss the pros and cons of Kin's journey to the West Indies.
Essay Topic 3
Captain Tilly marries Kin and Diana. Discuss how the relationship between Kin and Diana developed.
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)