|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men were walking barefoot on the trail that Yance finds?
2. Of the books that Robert Macklin has on his shelves, which does Kin say he has read?
3. What language does Henry, a slave, usually speak?
4. What color hair does the man have who surprises Kin after he swims across the river?
5. How many slaves are with the party that kidnaps Diana and Carrie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the northern settlers not hunters?
2. Why does Yance say that he and Kin will be alone looking for the kidnapped girls?
3. Why is Reverend Blaxton considered to be eccentric?
4. How do Kin and Yance know that the girls have escaped their captors?
5. How does Yance describe Diana Macklin?
6. When Yance is in the stocks, what does a sailor tell him about Pittingel?
7. Why does Kin decide he will go to the West Indies?
8. What does Diana think of Kin when she first meets him?
9. Why does the Musketaquid River worry Kin?
10. What evidence is available that could cause Diana to be brought up before the assises?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Yance and Kin use deductive reasoning to locate the girls after they escape. Discuss how Yance and Kin use deductive reasoning to locate the girls.
Essay Topic 2
Captain Tilly marries Kin and Diana. Discuss how the relationship between Kin and Diana developed.
Essay Topic 3
Diana Macklin is portrayed as an independent, self-sufficient person. Discuss why Diana Macklin is thought to be independent and self-sufficient.
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)