|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Kin if he takes his own advice at the end of Chapter 10?
2. How much more would Diana bring as a slave than would Henry?
3. When an Indian took Kin to Shawmut by canoe, at the foot of what hill does he leave Kin?
4. Which of the men who are guarding Diana and Carrie wears a stocking cap with a tassel.
5. When Kin sees those who are pursuing him near his camp, who does he see lighting a fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Henry become the servant of a ship's captain?
2. Why were the northern settlers not hunters?
3. What does Diana think of Kin when she first meets him?
4. Why does Kin decide he will go to the West Indies?
5. What evidence is available that could cause Diana to be brought up before the assises?
6. Where does Kin tell Diana that she and her father can go if she is not welcome back at Cape Ann?
7. What does Kin tell Anna Temperance of life at Shooting Creek?
8. Why is Reverend Blaxton considered to be eccentric?
9. Why did the northern settlers put Yance in the stocks and how did he get free?
10. Why does Kin believe it is important to read?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diana Macklin is portrayed as an independent, self-sufficient person. Discuss why Diana Macklin is thought to be independent and self-sufficient.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Henry, his life and his motives.
Essay Topic 3
Kin writes letters to Peter Tallis and his brother Brian to establish a claim to the land he and the others have settled. Discuss land claims in America and why Kin and the other settlers need to secure their claims.
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)