|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Henry says he will go to the West Indies, where does Blaxton say some free blacks live?
2. Where is Kin's mother?
3. What sound does Kin hear that indicates people are near where he and his brother are camped with the girls?
4. Near what type of tree does Yance find tracks of men walking barefoot?
5. How many slaves are with the party that kidnaps Diana and Carrie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Henry become a slave?
2. What does Diana think of Kin when she first meets him?
3. Why does Kin believe it is important to read?
4. Why does Kin believe that something is on the trail he watches while he hunts?
5. How does Diana make some of the men guarding her and Carrie leary of her?
6. What does Kin tell Anna Temperance of life at Shooting Creek?
7. Why were the northern settlers not hunters?
8. How do Kin and Yance know that the girls have escaped their captors?
9. Why does Yance say that he and Kin will be alone looking for the kidnapped girls?
10. What does Kin tell Yance before he leaves for the West Indies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Rafe Bogardus, his profession, his character and how he became a killer.
Essay Topic 2
Kin discusses the importance of reading, thinking and learning. Discuss Kin's education and what education means to Kin.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Henry, his life and his motives.
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)