|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kin say that his brother Yance fights like?
2. What types of fish does Henry catch?
3. What cove does Maverick suggest Kin find and catch a ship headed for the West Indies?
4. How many Indians do Yance and Kin see when they are leading the girls through the forest?
5. From what tribe is the woman who keeps Reverend Blaxton's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Diana think of Kin when she first meets him?
2. Why were the northern settlers not hunters?
3. What evidence is available that could cause Diana to be brought up before the assises?
4. Why is Kin cautious about helping the Indian he sees coming up the path?
5. How do Kin and Yance know that the girls have escaped their captors?
6. What does Kin tell Anna Temperance of life at Shooting Creek?
7. Where does Kin tell Diana that she and her father can go if she is not welcome back at Cape Ann?
8. How did Henry become a slave?
9. How did Henry learn to speak English?
10. Why does Yance say that he and Kin will be alone looking for the kidnapped girls?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Kin decides to go to the West Indies, pros and cons are discussed regarding the trip. Discuss the pros and cons of Kin's journey to the West Indies.
Essay Topic 2
Kin learns about the girls' disappearance and that it is thought Indians took them. Discuss the theories about the girls' disappearance.
Essay Topic 3
Kin and Yance have to elude their pursuers. Discuss how Kin and Yance elude their pursuers.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)