|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Kin stops at an inn after leaving the Legares, how far does he have to go to return to the river where he met Henry earlier?
(a) 3 miles.
(b) 7 miles.
(c) 6 miles.
(d) 10 miles.
2. What is the name of Kin's brother who went west?
3. What are Henry's people called in Jamaica and elsewhere?
4. Where does Kin believe that Tilly went after he married Kin and Diana?
(a) Cape Ann.
5. How old is Master Legare?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Kin and Diana are married, under what type of trees do they and the Indians camp that night?
2. What are Diana and Kin served to drink for breakfast the first morning on board ship?
3. After Adele is taken, where does Henry tell Kin to meet him?
4. Before the cove was settled, where did the fisherman come from who fished there?
5. How many outfits does Kin order from Augustus Jayne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the old ways of navigating that Kin and Tilly discuss?
2. Who does Jayne believe might be the girl that Kin is looking for?
3. Why will Kin need to be cautious in Port Royal?
4. How will Henry be able to help Kin in his search for the girl he is looking for?
5. How do the men who killed Barnabas Sackett treat his grave?
6. What were the circumstances of Kin's birth?
7. What story does Kin tell Augustus Jayne to explain his presence in Port Royal?
8. What is Kin given to use when he leaves the Legare plantation?
9. A fisherman takes Kin and Henry to John Tilly's ship. Who does he say settled Damariscove?
10. How does Henry arrange for transportation to get Adele to her home after she is kidnapped and then rescued?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)