|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the swamp that Kin, Diana and the Indians cross the day after Kin and Diana get married?
(b) Great Dismal.
2. Before the cove was settled, where did the fisherman come from who fished there?
(d) Grand Banks.
3. How many muskets does Kin tell the Indians he has traded for Diana?
4. Where does Tilly say that most of Henry's people live in Jamaica?
(a) Lantern County.
(b) Back of Beyond.
(c) Cockpit County.
(d) Far Reaches.
5. Who points out a ship in the night to Tilly?
(a) Bill Darby.
(b) Dan Browning.
(c) Will Miller.
(d) Tom Carboy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the boat boy, Andrew, charge for a boat ride?
2. Who helps Kin find a maid for Diana?
3. Who is in charge at the fort when Kin, Diana and the Indians wish to trade and buy supplies?
4. How many slaves does the tailor Augustus Jayne employ?
5. Who is being held captive in a carriage stopped in the road where Diana stops?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Adele tell Kin happened to a man who tried to help her?
2. A fisherman takes Kin and Henry to John Tilly's ship. Who does he say settled Damariscove?
3. What story does Kin tell Augustus Jayne to explain his presence in Port Royal?
4. How does Henry arrange for transportation to get Adele to her home after she is kidnapped and then rescued?
5. Why is Tilly hesitant to try to evade a ship that seems to be following them?
6. What training has Kin had with a sword?
7. How does Kin describe the men on the streets and in the drinking shops of Port Royal?
8. What happened to Andrew's parents ( the boat boy)?
9. What does one of the black men that will guard Diana give Kin before he goes into Port Royal?
10. Why will Kin need to be cautious in Port Royal?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)