|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Henry's people called in Jamaica and elsewhere?
2. If a ship is twelve or thirteen miles away from Tilly's ship, how long will it take her to close in?
(a) 2-3 hours.
(b) About 6 hours.
(c) 3-4 hours.
(d) About 4 hours.
3. Where is the fisherman from who took Kin and Henry to Tilly's ship?
4. What time is it when someone awakens Tilly to tell him a ship is nearby?
(a) About an hour before dawn.
(b) About an hour after dawn.
(c) Around 3 a.m.
(d) Around midnight.
5. After Kin and Diana are married, under what type of trees do they and the Indians camp that night?
(b) Tulip Poplar.
(d) Loblolly pines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair does Kin have?
2. What warns Kin that there is trouble after he leaves the Legare plantation?
3. Who helps Kin find a maid for Diana?
4. What color hair does Adele have?
5. How long does Kin rest at the Legare plantation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why will Kin need to be cautious in Port Royal?
2. How does Henry arrange for transportation to get Adele to her home after she is kidnapped and then rescued?
3. What training has Kin had with a sword?
4. Why is Tilly hesitant to try to evade a ship that seems to be following them?
5. A burly man invites Kin for a drink. Why did the man have to leave Cambridge?
6. What does one of the black men that will guard Diana give Kin before he goes into Port Royal?
7. What is Kin given to use when he leaves the Legare plantation?
8. What does Adele tell Kin happened to a man who tried to help her?
9. What were the circumstances of Kin's birth?
10. Who does Jayne believe might be the girl that Kin is looking for?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)