|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of an evil man who hated Barnabas Sackett?
(a) Charles Whitcomb.
(b) Peter Andrews.
(c) Jonathan Delve.
(d) Martin Davis.
2. Who helps Kin find a maid for Diana?
(a) Augustus Jayne.
(c) Adele Legare.
(d) Captain Tilly.
3. How long ago did Rafe Bogardus study at Cambridge?
(a) 24 years ago.
(b) 32 years ago.
(c) 20 odd years ago.
(d) 30 odd years ago.
4. Before the cove was settled, where did the fisherman come from who fished there?
(b) Grand Banks.
5. What color hair does Kin have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the tavern where Tilly sends Kin?
2. From what tribe are the Indians that Kin sees on the barrier island?
3. Who is being held captive in a carriage stopped in the road where Diana stops?
4. What color hair does the innkeeper have at the place where Kin stops after leaving the Legare plantation?
5. If a ship is twelve or thirteen miles away from Tilly's ship, how long will it take her to close in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Tilly and crew bring the ship ashore after the battle and what do they find there?
2. What are some of the old ways of navigating that Kin and Tilly discuss?
3. What does one of the black men that will guard Diana give Kin before he goes into Port Royal?
4. What is Kin given to use when he leaves the Legare plantation?
5. What languages were spoken at Shooting Creek in Barnabas Sackett's time?
6. Why is Tilly hesitant to try to evade a ship that seems to be following them?
7. What happened to Andrew's parents ( the boat boy)?
8. How does Henry arrange for transportation to get Adele to her home after she is kidnapped and then rescued?
9. How do the men who killed Barnabas Sackett treat his grave?
10. What does Legare give Kin and offer to do for him?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)