|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Kin's brother who is in England?
2. What is the name of an evil man who hated Barnabas Sackett?
(a) Martin Davis.
(b) Peter Andrews.
(c) Jonathan Delve.
(d) Charles Whitcomb.
3. With whom does the innkeeper suggest that Kin leave Legare's horse and pistols?
(a) Senor Sanchez.
(b) Senior Rodriguez.
(c) Senor Sandoval.
(d) Senor Martinez.
4. Who does Augustus Jayne correspond with who mentioned Kin's father?
(a) Mason Davis.
(b) Laird Williams.
(c) Brian Sackett.
(d) Peter Tallis.
5. What are Diana and Kin served to drink for breakfast the first morning on board ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the boat boy, Andrew, charge for a boat ride?
2. Where does Tilly say that most of Henry's people live in Jamaica?
3. When Barnabas Sackett took a pirate ship in Newfoundland, who did he hang high until the man could cool down?
4. Before Port Royal, what is the largest city that Kin has ever seen?
5. Where is the fisherman from who took Kin and Henry to Tilly's ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What languages were spoken at Shooting Creek in Barnabas Sackett's time?
2. How does Henry arrange for transportation to get Adele to her home after she is kidnapped and then rescued?
3. How does Kin describe the men on the streets and in the drinking shops of Port Royal?
4. How will Henry be able to help Kin in his search for the girl he is looking for?
5. What are some of the old ways of navigating that Kin and Tilly discuss?
6. What does Legare give Kin and offer to do for him?
7. What does Henry say when Kin asks if he is staying in Jamaica?
8. What does one of the black men that will guard Diana give Kin before he goes into Port Royal?
9. What is Kin given to use when he leaves the Legare plantation?
10. Why will Kin need to be cautious in Port Royal?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)