|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Adele is taken, where does Henry tell Kin to meet him?
(a) Rio Cobre.
(b) Rio Nueve.
(c) Rio Minho.
(d) Rio Grande.
2. At the end of Chapter 11 when Kin cannot sleep, who does he see outside his window at the tavern?
(b) Max Bauer.
3. What is the name of the tavern where Tilly sends Kin?
(b) White Horse.
(d) The Stag.
4. How many cows do the people at the fort have where Kin, Diana and the Indians trade and buy supplies? .
5. What is Kin served to eat when he returns Adele to her home?
(a) Coffee, eggs, ham and melon.
(b) Bread, jam and tea.
(c) Sandwich and fruit.
(d) Soup and coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Kin pay a man to watch for the Abigail?
2. If a ship is twelve or thirteen miles away from Tilly's ship, how long will it take her to close in?
3. What color hair does Kin have?
4. What is the name of an evil man who hated Barnabas Sackett?
5. After Henry meets up with Kin the night Adele is kidnapped, where does he believe her captors are taking her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does one of the black men that will guard Diana give Kin before he goes into Port Royal?
2. A burly man invites Kin for a drink. Why did the man have to leave Cambridge?
3. What were the circumstances of Kin's birth?
4. What does Tilly say about Kin's brother and sister who are in England?
5. What are some of the old ways of navigating that Kin and Tilly discuss?
6. How does Kin describe the men on the streets and in the drinking shops of Port Royal?
7. Why will Kin need to be cautious in Port Royal?
8. A fisherman takes Kin and Henry to John Tilly's ship. Who does he say settled Damariscove?
9. What casualties of pirating does Kin notice as he walks about the docks of Port Royal?
10. Why is Tilly hesitant to try to evade a ship that seems to be following them?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)