|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in charge at the fort when Kin, Diana and the Indians wish to trade and buy supplies?
(a) Deal Webster.
(b) William Claiborne.
(c) Macklin Davis.
(d) Robert Peterson.
2. How old is the man Kin hires to watch for the "Abigail"?
3. When Henry meets up with Kin the night Adele is taken, where does he believe her captors are?
(a) Grants Pen.
(b) Whitewater Meadows.
(c) Salt Ponds.
(d) Angels Estate.
4. After Henry meets up with Kin the night Adele is kidnapped, where does he believe her captors are taking her?
(a) Montego Bay.
(b) Galleon Bay.
(c) Mahee Bay.
(d) White Bay.
5. What is Tilly trading for to load on his ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many slaves does the tailor Augustus Jayne employ?
2. What warns Kin that there is trouble after he leaves the Legare plantation?
3. How long ago did Rafe Bogardus study at Cambridge?
4. How old is Master Legare?
5. What is the name of the island Kin, Diana and the Indians approach that has a fort on it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why will Kin need to be cautious in Port Royal?
2. How does Henry arrange for transportation to get Adele to her home after she is kidnapped and then rescued?
3. What does Henry say when Kin asks if he is staying in Jamaica?
4. How does Kin describe the men on the streets and in the drinking shops of Port Royal?
5. What does one of the black men that will guard Diana give Kin before he goes into Port Royal?
6. How do the men who killed Barnabas Sackett treat his grave?
7. A burly man invites Kin for a drink. Why did the man have to leave Cambridge?
8. How will Henry be able to help Kin in his search for the girl he is looking for?
9. What does Tilly say about Kin's brother and sister who are in England?
10. What story does Kin tell Augustus Jayne to explain his presence in Port Royal?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)