|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does the innkeeper suggest that Kin leave Legare's horse and pistols?
(a) Senor Martinez.
(b) Senor Sanchez.
(c) Senior Rodriguez.
(d) Senor Sandoval.
2. Who is in charge at the fort when Kin, Diana and the Indians wish to trade and buy supplies?
(a) Robert Peterson.
(b) William Claiborne.
(c) Macklin Davis.
(d) Deal Webster.
3. When Kin stops at an inn after leaving the Legares, how far does he have to go to return to the river where he met Henry earlier?
(a) 6 miles.
(b) 7 miles.
(c) 10 miles.
(d) 3 miles.
4. Who is being held captive in a carriage stopped in the road where Diana stops?
5. What color hair does the innkeeper have at the place where Kin stops after leaving the Legare plantation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Port Royal, what is the largest city that Kin has ever seen?
2. When Barnabas Sackett took a pirate ship in Newfoundland, who did he hang high until the man could cool down?
3. How many men are lost in the battle with the other ship?
4. What are Henry's people called in Jamaica and elsewhere?
5. When Kin fights Pittingel, what body part does Kin nearly sever from the man?
Short Essay Questions
1. A fisherman takes Kin and Henry to John Tilly's ship. Who does he say settled Damariscove?
2. What languages were spoken at Shooting Creek in Barnabas Sackett's time?
3. Why will Kin need to be cautious in Port Royal?
4. What does Henry say when Kin asks if he is staying in Jamaica?
5. What casualties of pirating does Kin notice as he walks about the docks of Port Royal?
6. What does Legare give Kin and offer to do for him?
7. What were the circumstances of Kin's birth?
8. What does one of the black men that will guard Diana give Kin before he goes into Port Royal?
9. What are some of the old ways of navigating that Kin and Tilly discuss?
10. What does Tilly say about Kin's brother and sister who are in England?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)