|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many slaves does the tailor Augustus Jayne employ?
(a) 40 men and several women.
(d) 30 men and a couple women.
2. What color hair does the innkeeper have at the place where Kin stops after leaving the Legare plantation?
3. At fifteen feet above water on board Tilly's ship, how far can Kin see?
(a) Perhaps 4 1/2 miles.
(b) About 3 miles.
(c) Perhaps 3 1/2 miles.
(d) About 4 miles.
4. How much does the boat boy, Andrew, charge for a boat ride?
(a) 2 shillings.
(b) A pence.
(c) 2 pence.
(d) A shilling.
5. Who helps Kin find a maid for Diana?
(a) Augustus Jayne.
(c) Captain Tilly.
(d) Adele Legare.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Kin suggest that Tilly sell the rest of his cargo after the battle?
2. At the end of Chapter 11 when Kin cannot sleep, who does he see outside his window at the tavern?
3. What is the name of Kin's brother who is in England?
4. After Adele is taken, where does Henry tell Kin to meet him?
5. Who offers to stand in for Diana's father when she marries Kin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kin describe the men on the streets and in the drinking shops of Port Royal?
2. What does Tilly say about Kin's brother and sister who are in England?
3. What languages were spoken at Shooting Creek in Barnabas Sackett's time?
4. What is Kin given to use when he leaves the Legare plantation?
5. What happened to Andrew's parents ( the boat boy)?
6. How might Kin's brother Brian help Mr. Legare?
7. A burly man invites Kin for a drink. Why did the man have to leave Cambridge?
8. A fisherman takes Kin and Henry to John Tilly's ship. Who does he say settled Damariscove?
9. What casualties of pirating does Kin notice as he walks about the docks of Port Royal?
10. Where does Tilly and crew bring the ship ashore after the battle and what do they find there?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)