|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is being held captive in a carriage stopped in the road where Diana stops?
2. How many blankets does Kin tell the Indians he has traded for Diana?
3. What color are Kin's eyes?
4. What is the name of Kin's brother who is in England?
5. At fifteen feet above water on board Tilly's ship, how far can Kin see?
(a) Perhaps 4 1/2 miles.
(b) Perhaps 3 1/2 miles.
(c) About 3 miles.
(d) About 4 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Kin find a maid for Diana?
2. Who is in charge at the fort when Kin, Diana and the Indians wish to trade and buy supplies?
3. What are Diana and Kin served to drink for breakfast the first morning on board ship?
4. How many men does Henry think have captured Adele?
5. Where does Kin believe that Tilly went after he married Kin and Diana?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does one of the black men that will guard Diana give Kin before he goes into Port Royal?
2. What are some of the old ways of navigating that Kin and Tilly discuss?
3. Why will Kin need to be cautious in Port Royal?
4. How does Henry arrange for transportation to get Adele to her home after she is kidnapped and then rescued?
5. What story does Kin tell Augustus Jayne to explain his presence in Port Royal?
6. How will Henry be able to help Kin in his search for the girl he is looking for?
7. How might Kin's brother Brian help Mr. Legare?
8. Why is Tilly hesitant to try to evade a ship that seems to be following them?
9. How do the men who killed Barnabas Sackett treat his grave?
10. Where does Tilly and crew bring the ship ashore after the battle and what do they find there?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)