|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 7, how close is the Sacketts' camp to the camp of their pursuers?
(a) 30 yards.
(b) 15 yards.
(c) 45 yards.
(d) 100 yards.
2. How old is Diana Macklin?
3. From what tribe is the woman who keeps Reverend Blaxton's house?
4. After finding the girls, how big around are some of the trees in the forest that Kin and Yance travel through?
(a) 7 or 8 feet.
(b) 4 feet.
(c) 5 or 6 feet.
(d) 10 feet.
5. How many men does Kin see on shore when he swims across the river trying to catch up to the raft?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kin see growing on the east side of the hollow where Diana and Carrie had been gathering herbs?
2. Where does Samuel Maverick live?
3. What language does Henry, a slave, usually speak?
4. What color horse does Yance ride?
5. Who asks Kin if he takes his own advice at the end of Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kin believe it is important to read?
2. Why does Yance say that he and Kin will be alone looking for the kidnapped girls?
3. Why does the Musketaquid River worry Kin?
4. How does Yance describe Diana Macklin?
5. How does Diana make some of the men guarding her and Carrie leary of her?
6. How did Henry become a slave?
7. What does Kin tell Anna Temperance of life at Shooting Creek?
8. What does Diana think of Kin when she first meets him?
9. How did Henry learn to speak English?
10. Why did the northern settlers put Yance in the stocks and how did he get free?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)