|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What direction does Yance decide he and Kin should go in the morning after the girls have escaped their captors?
2. What language does Henry, a slave, usually speak?
3. What did Yance set outside Temperance's family home and then he disappeared and laid low?
(a) Bear meat.
(c) Quarter of venison.
(d) Dried corn.
4. How many muskets does Kin say that the men have who are walking barefoot on a trail?
5. How much more would Diana bring as a slave than would Henry?
(a) 5 to 10 times.
(b) 3 to 4 times.
(c) 6 times.
(d) 15 times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kin add to a soup they make using venison when he and Yance camp with the girls in the forest?
2. From what tribe is the woman who keeps Reverend Blaxton's house?
3. What island in the West Indies does Kin intend to go to first?
4. What river do Kin, Yance and the girls cross after discovering their pursuers camped nearby?
5. Where did Diana's mother die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lila look like?
2. What happened to Andrew's parents ( the boat boy)?
3. What story does Kin tell Augustus Jayne to explain his presence in Port Royal?
4. What does one of the black men that will guard Diana give Kin before he goes into Port Royal?
5. A fisherman takes Kin and Henry to John Tilly's ship. Who does he say settled Damariscove?
6. What does Lashan say when he comes with a white flag of truce?
7. What are some of the old ways of navigating that Kin and Tilly discuss?
8. Why and how does Jeremy suggest that they establish a claim to their land?
9. Why were the northern settlers not hunters?
10. What evidence is available that could cause Diana to be brought up before the assises?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)