|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Kin sees those who are pursuing him near his camp, who does he see lighting a fire?
2. How many miles does Diana believe that they have walked westward since she was kidnapped?
(a) 20 miles.
(b) 17 miles.
(c) 12 miles.
(d) 15 miles.
3. How had the Indian been hurt that Kin takes to his place after finding him while Kin is out hunting?
(d) Bow shot.
4. How old is Reverend Blaxton?
(c) About 30.
(d) About 40.
5. How long does Kin believe it took the Indian to travel to him?
(a) At least two weeks.
(b) 20 days.
(c) Probably more than a week.
(d) 10 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 7, how close is the Sacketts' camp to the camp of their pursuers?
2. Near what type of tree does Yance find tracks of men walking barefoot?
3. How much more would Diana bring as a slave than would Henry?
4. A sailor tells Yance that 'what' Europeans sell slaves?
5. What types of fish does Henry catch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Yance say that he and Kin will be alone looking for the kidnapped girls?
2. Why does Kin decide he will go to the West Indies?
3. Why does Kin believe that something is on the trail he watches while he hunts?
4. How do Kin and Yance know that the girls have escaped their captors?
5. Why does Kin believe it is important to read?
6. How did Henry become the servant of a ship's captain?
7. How does Kin describe the path he watches while he hunts?
8. Why is there peace between Tenaco's tribe and the white men?
9. How does Diana make some of the men guarding her and Carrie leary of her?
10. Why does the Musketaquid River worry Kin?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)