|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men does Kin see on shore when he swims across the river trying to catch up to the raft?
2. What direction does Yance decide he and Kin should go in the morning after the girls have escaped their captors?
3. What sound does Yance make as a signal when Kin is talking with Max Bauer to indicate he has found something?
4. Where was Sakim a physician and a surgeon?
5. Who does the old Indian who was sent to find Yance say took Carrie Penney?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Samuel Maverick live?
2. When Henry says he will go to the West Indies, where does Blaxton say some free blacks live?
3. What does Kin see growing on the east side of the hollow where Diana and Carrie had been gathering herbs?
4. What types of fish does Henry catch?
5. What flowers are in bloom when Kin is hunting in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Musketaquid River worry Kin?
2. When Yance is in the stocks, what does a sailor tell him about Pittingel?
3. How do Kin and Yance know that the girls have escaped their captors?
4. Why does Kin believe that something is on the trail he watches while he hunts?
5. How does Kin describe the path he watches while he hunts?
6. How did Henry become a slave?
7. How did Henry become the servant of a ship's captain?
8. Where does Kin tell Diana that she and her father can go if she is not welcome back at Cape Ann?
9. Why does Kin decide he will go to the West Indies?
10. Why did the northern settlers put Yance in the stocks and how did he get free?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)