|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Pike's ship?
2. What color horse does Yance ride?
3. Where was Sakim a physician and a surgeon?
4. What types of fish does Henry catch?
(a) Salmon and pickerel.
(b) Walleye and crappie.
(c) Bass and trout.
(d) Panfish and striper.
5. How wide is the river that Kin, Yance and the girls cross while they try to make it to safety?
(a) 50 yards wide.
(b) 100 yards wide.
(c) 150 yards wide.
(d) 75 yards wide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Henry, a slave, usually speak?
2. Whose widow did Samuel Maverick marry?
3. A sailor tells Yance that 'what' Europeans sell slaves?
4. Who killed Kin's father?
5. Of the books that Robert Macklin has on his shelves, which does Kin say he has read?
Short Essay Questions
1. What casualties of pirating does Kin notice as he walks about the docks of Port Royal?
2. Why does Yance say that he and Kin will be alone looking for the kidnapped girls?
3. Why does Kin decide he will go to the West Indies?
4. Why is Bauer so eager to kill Kin at Shooting Creek?
5. A fisherman takes Kin and Henry to John Tilly's ship. Who does he say settled Damariscove?
6. Why did the northern settlers put Yance in the stocks and how did he get free?
7. Why is there peace between Tenaco's tribe and the white men?
8. Where does Kin tell Diana that she and her father can go if she is not welcome back at Cape Ann?
9. Why does Kin believe it is important to read?
10. Why does the Musketaquid River worry Kin?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)