|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Kin believe it took the Indian to travel to him?
(a) 20 days.
(b) Probably more than a week.
(c) 10 days.
(d) At least two weeks.
2. When Kin sees those who are pursuing him near his camp, who does he see lighting a fire?
3. What tribe is Tenaco from?
4. Of the books that Robert Macklin has on his shelves, which does Kin say he has read?
5. How long does Kin stop to eat huckleberries when he is trying to catch up with Yance and the girls after crossing the river?
(a) A half hour.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) An hour.
(d) 20 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of trees do Yance and Kin lay under when they see a ship after they've been tracking the girls?
2. How old is Reverend Blaxton?
3. When an Indian took Kin to Shawmut by canoe, at the foot of what hill does he leave Kin?
4. When Henry says he will go to the West Indies, where does Blaxton say some free blacks live?
5. Who asks Kin if he takes his own advice at the end of Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kin decide he will go to the West Indies?
2. What does Diana think of Kin when she first meets him?
3. What does Diana tell Kin about Samuel Maverick?
4. How does Yance describe Diana Macklin?
5. What evidence is available that could cause Diana to be brought up before the assises?
6. Why is Kin cautious about helping the Indian he sees coming up the path?
7. How did Henry learn to speak English?
8. Why does Kin believe it is important to read?
9. Why is Reverend Blaxton considered to be eccentric?
10. Why does Kin believe that something is on the trail he watches while he hunts?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)