|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When an Indian took Kin to Shawmut by canoe, at the foot of what hill does he leave Kin?
(a) Mission Hill.
(b) Lantern Hill.
(c) Haven Hill.
(d) Beacon Hill.
2. Where does a sailor tell Yance that slaves are sold?
3. What color horse does Yance ride?
4. What island in the West Indies does Kin intend to go to first?
5. When Kin sees those who are pursuing him near his camp, who does he see lighting a fire?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound does Kin hear that indicates people are near where he and his brother are camped with the girls?
2. Whose widow did Samuel Maverick marry?
3. Where does Kin believe that the war party of Indians they saw earlier have headed?
4. How old was Temperance when Yance met her?
5. What direction does Yance decide he and Kin should go in the morning after the girls have escaped their captors?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kin describe the path he watches while he hunts?
2. How did Henry become a slave?
3. How did Henry become the servant of a ship's captain?
4. What does Kin tell Yance before he leaves for the West Indies?
5. How does Yance describe Diana Macklin?
6. Why does the Musketaquid River worry Kin?
7. Why does Yance say that he and Kin will be alone looking for the kidnapped girls?
8. Where does Kin tell Diana that she and her father can go if she is not welcome back at Cape Ann?
9. Why does Kin believe it is important to read?
10. Why does Kin decide he will go to the West Indies?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)