|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Carrie's mother say has said that witches love the night?
(a) The parson.
2. Who asks Kin if he takes his own advice at the end of Chapter 10?
3. What does Kin say that his brother Yance fights like?
(a) A bobcat.
(b) A panther.
(c) A bear.
(d) A catamount.
4. What is Carrie's mother's name?
5. How had the Indian been hurt that Kin takes to his place after finding him while Kin is out hunting?
(d) Bow shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of fish does Henry catch?
2. What island in the West Indies does Kin intend to go to first?
3. What does Kin add to a soup they make using venison when he and Yance camp with the girls in the forest?
4. Where does Kin believe that the war party of Indians they saw earlier have headed?
5. How many men does Kin see on shore when he swims across the river trying to catch up to the raft?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kin describe the path he watches while he hunts?
2. How did Henry become a slave?
3. Why were the northern settlers not hunters?
4. Why did the northern settlers put Yance in the stocks and how did he get free?
5. Why does Kin believe it is important to read?
6. How does Diana make some of the men guarding her and Carrie leary of her?
7. How did Henry become the servant of a ship's captain?
8. When Yance is in the stocks, what does a sailor tell him about Pittingel?
9. How do Kin and Yance know that the girls have escaped their captors?
10. What does Kin tell Yance before he leaves for the West Indies?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)