|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flowers are in bloom when Kin is hunting in Chapter 1?
(a) Morning Glories.
2. At the end of Chapter 7, how close is the Sacketts' camp to the camp of their pursuers?
(a) 15 yards.
(b) 45 yards.
(c) 100 yards.
(d) 30 yards.
3. Who killed Kin's father?
4. Where did Diana's mother die?
5. When Kin sees those who are pursuing him near his camp, who does he see lighting a fire?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Indians do Yance and Kin see when they are leading the girls through the forest?
2. What river do Kin, Yance and the girls cross after discovering their pursuers camped nearby?
3. How many slaves are with the party that kidnaps Diana and Carrie?
4. Where does the Reverend Blaxton live?
5. What color hair does the man have who surprises Kin after he swims across the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the northern settlers put Yance in the stocks and how did he get free?
2. How did Henry become the servant of a ship's captain?
3. Why does Yance say that he and Kin will be alone looking for the kidnapped girls?
4. Why does Kin believe it is important to read?
5. What does Kin tell Anna Temperance of life at Shooting Creek?
6. Why is there peace between Tenaco's tribe and the white men?
7. How does Diana make some of the men guarding her and Carrie leary of her?
8. What evidence is available that could cause Diana to be brought up before the assises?
9. How did Henry become a slave?
10. How do Kin and Yance know that the girls have escaped their captors?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)