|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many muskets does Kin say that the men have who are walking barefoot on a trail?
2. What is Carrie's mother's name?
3. What color hair does the man have who surprises Kin after he swims across the river?
4. How long does Kin believe it took the Indian to travel to him?
(a) 20 days.
(b) Probably more than a week.
(c) At least two weeks.
(d) 10 days.
5. Which of the settlers at Shooting Creek married a Spanish wife?
(a) Charles Williams.
(b) Paddy Meachum.
(c) Kane O'Hara.
(d) William Manning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yance set outside Temperance's family home and then he disappeared and laid low?
2. A sailor tells Yance that 'what' Europeans sell slaves?
3. Where does Kin believe that the war party of Indians they saw earlier have headed?
4. What is the name of Kin's sister?
5. Where does the Reverend Blaxton live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Kin cautious about helping the Indian he sees coming up the path?
2. Why did the northern settlers put Yance in the stocks and how did he get free?
3. Why does Yance say that he and Kin will be alone looking for the kidnapped girls?
4. What does Diana tell Kin about Samuel Maverick?
5. Where does Kin tell Diana that she and her father can go if she is not welcome back at Cape Ann?
6. Why were the northern settlers not hunters?
7. How does Yance describe Diana Macklin?
8. How does Diana make some of the men guarding her and Carrie leary of her?
9. Why does Kin decide he will go to the West Indies?
10. How did Henry learn to speak English?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)