|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Kin believe it took the Indian to travel to him?
(a) 20 days.
(b) Probably more than a week.
(c) At least two weeks.
(d) 10 days.
2. When Kin sees those who are pursuing him near his camp, who does he see lighting a fire?
3. After finding the girls, how big around are some of the trees in the forest that Kin and Yance travel through?
(a) 10 feet.
(b) 5 or 6 feet.
(c) 7 or 8 feet.
(d) 4 feet.
4. What is the name of Pike's ship?
5. How had the Indian been hurt that Kin takes to his place after finding him while Kin is out hunting?
(b) Bow shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. A sailor tells Yance that 'what' Europeans sell slaves?
2. What cove does Maverick suggest Kin find and catch a ship headed for the West Indies?
3. What time does Kin believe that the girls escaped?
4. Of the books that Robert Macklin has on his shelves, which does Kin say he has read?
5. How old was Temperance when Yance met her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the northern settlers put Yance in the stocks and how did he get free?
2. Why does Kin decide he will go to the West Indies?
3. What does Adele tell Kin happened to a man who tried to help her?
4. What does Diana think of Kin when she first meets him?
5. A burly man invites Kin for a drink. Why did the man have to leave Cambridge?
6. Why is Bauer so eager to kill Kin at Shooting Creek?
7. What does Tilly say about Kin's brother and sister who are in England?
8. What advice does Kin remember his father advising whenever there was a fight?
9. How will Henry be able to help Kin in his search for the girl he is looking for?
10. Where does Tilly and crew bring the ship ashore after the battle and what do they find there?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)