|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kin tell Yance to do while he is gone?
(a) Watch his crops.
(b) Stay close to Temperance.
(c) Go to the Spanish.
(d) Go hunting.
2. What is Kin hunting for at the beginning of the book?
3. At the end of Chapter 7, how close is the Sacketts' camp to the camp of their pursuers?
(a) 15 yards.
(b) 45 yards.
(c) 30 yards.
(d) 100 yards.
4. Which of the men who are guarding Diana and Carrie wears a stocking cap with a tassel.
5. How many muskets does Kin say that the men have who are walking barefoot on a trail?
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Henry, a slave, usually speak?
2. How long have people been living in the Massachusetts Bay colony at the time the story is told?
3. What type of trees do Yance and Kin lay under when they see a ship after they've been tracking the girls?
4. What is Kin served at Reverend Blaxton's house?
5. What river do Kin, Yance and the girls cross after discovering their pursuers camped nearby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Musketaquid River worry Kin?
2. What does Kin tell Yance before he leaves for the West Indies?
3. Why does Yance say that he and Kin will be alone looking for the kidnapped girls?
4. What does Kin tell Anna Temperance of life at Shooting Creek?
5. Why does Kin believe that something is on the trail he watches while he hunts?
6. Why is Kin cautious about helping the Indian he sees coming up the path?
7. Where does Kin tell Diana that she and her father can go if she is not welcome back at Cape Ann?
8. How did Henry become a slave?
9. Why did the northern settlers put Yance in the stocks and how did he get free?
10. How does Kin describe the path he watches while he hunts?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)