|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the settlers at Shooting Creek married a Spanish wife?
(a) William Manning.
(b) Paddy Meachum.
(c) Charles Williams.
(d) Kane O'Hara.
2. What color horse does Yance ride?
3. When an Indian took Kin to Shawmut by canoe, at the foot of what hill does he leave Kin?
(a) Beacon Hill.
(b) Lantern Hill.
(c) Mission Hill.
(d) Haven Hill.
4. Near what type of tree does Yance find tracks of men walking barefoot?
(b) Black walnut.
(d) White oak.
5. What color hair does the man have who surprises Kin after he swims across the river?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Carrie's mother say has said that witches love the night?
2. At the end of Chapter 7, how close is the Sacketts' camp to the camp of their pursuers?
3. Where does a sailor tell Yance that slaves are sold?
4. What is the name of John Tilly's ship?
5. How many fish does Henry catch while they are trying to get the girls back to their families?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Diana tell Kin about Samuel Maverick?
2. What evidence is available that could cause Diana to be brought up before the assises?
3. Why does Kin believe that something is on the trail he watches while he hunts?
4. Why does Kin believe it is important to read?
5. How does Diana make some of the men guarding her and Carrie leary of her?
6. Why does the Musketaquid River worry Kin?
7. When Yance is in the stocks, what does a sailor tell him about Pittingel?
8. How did Henry become a slave?
9. How did Henry become the servant of a ship's captain?
10. What does Kin tell Yance before he leaves for the West Indies?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)