Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flowers are in bloom when Kin is hunting in Chapter 1?
(a) Morning Glories.
2. How wide is the river that Kin, Yance and the girls cross while they try to make it to safety?
(a) 50 yards wide.
(b) 75 yards wide.
(c) 150 yards wide.
(d) 100 yards wide.
3. What does Kin say that his brother Yance fights like?
(a) A bear.
(b) A panther.
(c) A bobcat.
(d) A catamount.
4. Near what type of tree does Yance find tracks of men walking barefoot?
(a) White oak.
(d) Black walnut.
5. What is the name of John Tilly's ship?
(a) The Lady.
(d) La Belle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does a sailor tell Yance that slaves are sold?
2. After finding the girls, how big around are some of the trees in the forest that Kin and Yance travel through?
3. What is Kin hunting for at the beginning of the book?
4. How long does Kin believe it took the Indian to travel to him?
5. Where was Sakim a physician and a surgeon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Andrew's parents ( the boat boy)?
2. How does Henry arrange for transportation to get Adele to her home after she is kidnapped and then rescued?
3. Where does Tilly and crew bring the ship ashore after the battle and what do they find there?
4. Who is Peter Tallis?
5. What does Diana think of Kin when she first meets him?
6. What does Kin tell Anna Temperance of life at Shooting Creek?
7. Why is Reverend Blaxton considered to be eccentric?
8. A burly man invites Kin for a drink. Why did the man have to leave Cambridge?
9. Why does Yance say that he and Kin will be alone looking for the kidnapped girls?
10. Who is Schaumberg and how did he come to Shooting Creek?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)