|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have people been living in the Massachusetts Bay colony at the time the story is told?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 5 years.
2. When Henry says he will go to the West Indies, where does Blaxton say some free blacks live?
3. What cove does Maverick suggest Kin find and catch a ship headed for the West Indies?
(a) Yarmouth Cove.
(b) Cat Cove.
(c) Plum Cove.
4. What is the name of Henry's tribe?
5. How old does Yance believe that Carrie Penney is?
(b) 9 or 10.
(c) 10 or 11.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of fish does Henry catch?
2. How many fish does Henry catch while they are trying to get the girls back to their families?
3. What sound does Kin hear that indicates people are near where he and his brother are camped with the girls?
4. What does Kin say that his brother Yance fights like?
5. How had the Indian been hurt that Kin takes to his place after finding him while Kin is out hunting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Musketaquid River worry Kin?
2. What does Kin tell Yance before he leaves for the West Indies?
3. How did Henry become a slave?
4. Why does Kin believe that something is on the trail he watches while he hunts?
5. How does Diana make some of the men guarding her and Carrie leary of her?
6. Why does Yance say that he and Kin will be alone looking for the kidnapped girls?
7. Why is Reverend Blaxton considered to be eccentric?
8. Why is there peace between Tenaco's tribe and the white men?
9. Why does Kin decide he will go to the West Indies?
10. How did Henry become the servant of a ship's captain?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)