|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have people been living in the Massachusetts Bay colony at the time the story is told?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 15 years.
2. What color horse does Yance ride?
3. Where does Samuel Maverick live?
4. Who asks Kin if he takes his own advice at the end of Chapter 10?
5. What flowers are in bloom when Kin is hunting in Chapter 1?
(c) Morning Glories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound does Yance make as a signal when Kin is talking with Max Bauer to indicate he has found something?
2. Which of the men who are guarding Diana and Carrie wears a stocking cap with a tassel.
3. Near what type of tree does Yance find tracks of men walking barefoot?
4. How old does Yance believe that Carrie Penney is?
5. What is the name of Henry's tribe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the northern settlers put Yance in the stocks and how did he get free?
2. What does Diana tell Kin about Samuel Maverick?
3. Why does Yance say that he and Kin will be alone looking for the kidnapped girls?
4. Why is Reverend Blaxton considered to be eccentric?
5. Why is Kin cautious about helping the Indian he sees coming up the path?
6. What does Kin tell Anna Temperance of life at Shooting Creek?
7. How do Kin and Yance know that the girls have escaped their captors?
8. Why were the northern settlers not hunters?
9. What does Kin tell Yance before he leaves for the West Indies?
10. How did Henry become a slave?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)