|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much more would Diana bring as a slave than would Henry?
(a) 5 to 10 times.
(b) 3 to 4 times.
(c) 6 times.
(d) 15 times.
2. Where does a sailor tell Yance that slaves are sold?
3. What sound does Kin hear that indicates people are near where he and his brother are camped with the girls?
(a) Metal on metal.
(b) Breaking twigs.
(d) Sound of an axe.
4. How many fish does Henry catch while they are trying to get the girls back to their families?
5. How many slaves are with the party that kidnaps Diana and Carrie?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 7, how close is the Sacketts' camp to the camp of their pursuers?
2. How old is Diana Macklin?
3. What is Kin served at Reverend Blaxton's house?
4. How old is the bold young lady that Blaxton and Maverick say disappeared a while back?
5. What do the girls and the Sacketts stop to pick after camping overnight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kin tell Anna Temperance of life at Shooting Creek?
2. Why does Kin decide he will go to the West Indies?
3. What does Diana tell Kin about Samuel Maverick?
4. How does Kin describe the path he watches while he hunts?
5. Why is there peace between Tenaco's tribe and the white men?
6. Why is Reverend Blaxton considered to be eccentric?
7. When Yance is in the stocks, what does a sailor tell him about Pittingel?
8. How do Kin and Yance know that the girls have escaped their captors?
9. How did Henry become the servant of a ship's captain?
10. Why were the northern settlers not hunters?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)