|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Reverend Blaxton live?
2. What sound does Yance make as a signal when Kin is talking with Max Bauer to indicate he has found something?
3. What sound does Kin hear that indicates people are near where he and his brother are camped with the girls?
(a) Sound of an axe.
(b) Breaking twigs.
(c) Metal on metal.
4. How long does Kin stop to eat huckleberries when he is trying to catch up with Yance and the girls after crossing the river?
(a) An hour.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) A half hour.
5. What cove does Maverick suggest Kin find and catch a ship headed for the West Indies?
(a) Cat Cove.
(b) Plum Cove.
(d) Yarmouth Cove.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Kin if he takes his own advice at the end of Chapter 10?
2. Where was Sakim the teacher for Kin and his siblings?
3. Where does a sailor tell Yance that slaves are sold?
4. What is the name of Kin's sister?
5. What does Kin say that his brother Yance fights like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Musketaquid River worry Kin?
2. How does Kin describe the path he watches while he hunts?
3. What does Kin tell Anna Temperance of life at Shooting Creek?
4. What does Diana think of Kin when she first meets him?
5. Why does Kin believe that something is on the trail he watches while he hunts?
6. Why does Kin believe it is important to read?
7. Why is Kin cautious about helping the Indian he sees coming up the path?
8. When Yance is in the stocks, what does a sailor tell him about Pittingel?
9. How does Diana make some of the men guarding her and Carrie leary of her?
10. Where does Kin tell Diana that she and her father can go if she is not welcome back at Cape Ann?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)