|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many fish does Henry catch while they are trying to get the girls back to their families?
2. Besides Carrie and Diana, how many other girls have disappeared without a trace?
3. What flowers are in bloom when Kin is hunting in Chapter 1?
(b) Morning Glories.
4. What does Kin say that his brother Yance fights like?
(a) A bobcat.
(b) A bear.
(c) A panther.
(d) A catamount.
5. How long have people been living in the Massachusetts Bay colony at the time the story is told?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 20 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of fish does Henry catch?
2. How many men were walking barefoot on the trail that Yance finds?
3. What sound does Kin hear that indicates people are near where he and his brother are camped with the girls?
4. Which of the men who are guarding Diana and Carrie wears a stocking cap with a tassel.
5. How old does Yance believe that Carrie Penney is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Kin tell Augustus Jayne to explain his presence in Port Royal?
2. What are some of the old ways of navigating that Kin and Tilly discuss?
3. What does Lila look like?
4. How does Kin describe the men on the streets and in the drinking shops of Port Royal?
5. What does Lashan say when he comes with a white flag of truce?
6. What languages were spoken at Shooting Creek in Barnabas Sackett's time?
7. Why does Yance say that he and Kin will be alone looking for the kidnapped girls?
8. How do the men who killed Barnabas Sackett treat his grave?
9. What does Adele tell Kin happened to a man who tried to help her?
10. When Yance is in the stocks, what does a sailor tell him about Pittingel?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)