|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kin hunting for at the beginning of the book?
2. How much more would Diana bring as a slave than would Henry?
(a) 5 to 10 times.
(b) 3 to 4 times.
(c) 6 times.
(d) 15 times.
3. Who does Carrie's mother say has said that witches love the night?
(a) The parson.
4. How many slaves are with the party that kidnaps Diana and Carrie?
5. How many Indians do Yance and Kin see when they are leading the girls through the forest?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Reverend Blaxton?
2. What time does Kin believe that the girls escaped?
3. After finding the girls, how big around are some of the trees in the forest that Kin and Yance travel through?
4. What did Yance set outside Temperance's family home and then he disappeared and laid low?
5. Where was Sakim the teacher for Kin and his siblings?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Henry learn to speak English?
2. Why is there peace between Tenaco's tribe and the white men?
3. How did Henry become a slave?
4. Why is Kin cautious about helping the Indian he sees coming up the path?
5. Why does Kin decide he will go to the West Indies?
6. Why is Reverend Blaxton considered to be eccentric?
7. How does Yance describe Diana Macklin?
8. What does Kin tell Yance before he leaves for the West Indies?
9. Where does Kin tell Diana that she and her father can go if she is not welcome back at Cape Ann?
10. How did Henry become the servant of a ship's captain?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)