|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Kin pay a man to watch for the Abigail?
(a) Gold coin.
(b) 1 pence.
(c) 1 shilling.
(d) 2 shillings.
2. When Kin fights Pittingel, what body part does Kin nearly sever from the man?
3. What color are the man's eyes that Kin hires to watch for the Abigail?
4. When Barnabas Sackett took a pirate ship in Newfoundland, who did he hang high until the man could cool down?
5. Who was it said settled Damariscove?
(a) Captain Clarkson.
(b) Captain Norling.
(c) Captain Smithson.
(d) Captain Dammerill.
6. How long does Kin rest at the Legare plantation?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
7. What birds does Kin see on the barrier island after the ship is brought to shore?
(a) Bald eagles.
(c) Blue herons.
(d) Piping plovers.
8. Before the cove was settled, where did the fisherman come from who fished there?
(b) Grand Banks.
9. What are Diana and Kin served to drink for breakfast the first morning on board ship?
10. How many muskets does Kin tell the Indians he has traded for Diana?
11. Where does Kin believe that Tilly went after he married Kin and Diana?
(a) Cape Ann.
12. At the end of Chapter 11 when Kin cannot sleep, who does he see outside his window at the tavern?
(d) Max Bauer.
13. After Kin and Diana are married, under what type of trees do they and the Indians camp that night?
(a) Tulip Poplar.
(b) Loblolly pines.
14. Where does Kin tell Augustus Jayne that he wants to open a school for young gentlemen?
15. What are Henry's people called in Jamaica and elsewhere?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men does Henry think have captured Adele?
2. How old is the man Kin hires to watch for the "Abigail"?
3. At fifteen feet above water on board Tilly's ship, how far can Kin see?
4. What is the name of Kin's brother who went west?
5. How many outfits does Kin order from Augustus Jayne?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)