|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What birds does Kin see on the barrier island after the ship is brought to shore?
(a) Bald eagles.
(b) Blue herons.
(d) Piping plovers.
2. What is the name of the swamp that Kin, Diana and the Indians cross the day after Kin and Diana get married?
(a) Great Dismal.
3. What injuries does the man have that Kin hires to watch for the Abigail?
(a) Lost two fingers.
(b) Lost one hand.
(c) Lost one eye.
(d) Lost a leg and hand.
4. What color hair does Adele have?
(c) Reddish blonde.
(d) Light brown.
5. At fifteen feet above water on board Tilly's ship, how far can Kin see?
(a) About 4 miles.
(b) About 3 miles.
(c) Perhaps 4 1/2 miles.
(d) Perhaps 3 1/2 miles.
6. What color hair does the innkeeper have at the place where Kin stops after leaving the Legare plantation?
7. How many Indians does Kin meet on the barrier island?
8. What is the name of the ship Pittingel has?
9. At the end of Chapter 11 when Kin cannot sleep, who does he see outside his window at the tavern?
(b) Max Bauer.
10. How much does the boat boy, Andrew, charge for a boat ride?
(a) A pence.
(b) 2 pence.
(c) 2 shillings.
(d) A shilling.
11. What is the name of the tavern where Tilly sends Kin?
(b) The Stag.
(d) White Horse.
12. Where does Kin think the ship might be as he tells Diana to prepare for a fight?
(a) Sinepuxent Bay.
(b) Rehoboth Bay.
(c) Chesapeake Bay.
(d) Delaware Bay.
13. Who does Augustus Jayne correspond with who mentioned Kin's father?
(a) Laird Williams.
(b) Brian Sackett.
(c) Mason Davis.
(d) Peter Tallis.
14. What is the name of an evil man who hated Barnabas Sackett?
(a) Martin Davis.
(b) Peter Andrews.
(c) Jonathan Delve.
(d) Charles Whitcomb.
15. What time is it when someone awakens Tilly to tell him a ship is nearby?
(a) About an hour after dawn.
(b) Around 3 a.m.
(c) About an hour before dawn.
(d) Around midnight.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does the innkeeper suggest that Kin leave Legare's horse and pistols?
2. When Henry meets up with Kin the night Adele is taken, where does he believe her captors are?
3. How many outfits does Kin order from Augustus Jayne?
4. How many men are lost in the battle with the other ship?
5. How many slaves does the tailor Augustus Jayne employ?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)