|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Kin's brother who went west?
2. How old is Master Legare?
3. How many blankets does Kin tell the Indians he has traded for Diana?
4. To whom does Kin suggest that Tilly sell the rest of his cargo after the battle?
5. How many slaves does the tailor Augustus Jayne employ?
(c) 30 men and a couple women.
(d) 40 men and several women.
6. How many cows do the people at the fort have where Kin, Diana and the Indians trade and buy supplies? .
7. What is the name of Diana's maid?
8. What warns Kin that there is trouble after he leaves the Legare plantation?
(a) He sees a light in the distance.
(b) His horse.
(c) He hears men talking.
(d) He hears the sound of a pistol being cocked.
9. How close is Kin when he kills the first man to waylay him after he leaves the Legare plantation?
(a) 15 ft.
(b) 5 ft.
(c) 20 ft.
(d) 10 ft.
10. When Henry meets up with Kin the night Adele is taken, where does he believe her captors are?
(a) Angels Estate.
(b) Salt Ponds.
(c) Whitewater Meadows.
(d) Grants Pen.
11. Where is the fisherman from who took Kin and Henry to Tilly's ship?
12. How many muskets does Kin tell the Indians he has traded for Diana?
13. What are Diana and Kin served to drink for breakfast the first morning on board ship?
14. Before Port Royal, what is the largest city that Kin has ever seen?
15. How many men does Henry think have captured Adele?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago did Rafe Bogardus study at Cambridge?
2. When Kin stops at an inn after leaving the Legares, how far does he have to go to return to the river where he met Henry earlier?
3. How much does Kin pay a man to watch for the Abigail?
4. What birds does Kin see on the barrier island after the ship is brought to shore?
5. What is the name of the ship Pittingel has?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)