|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many muskets does Kin tell the Indians he has traded for Diana?
2. How many slaves does the tailor Augustus Jayne employ?
(a) 30 men and a couple women.
(c) 40 men and several women.
3. Who helps Kin find a maid for Diana?
(a) Captain Tilly.
(b) Augustus Jayne.
(d) Adele Legare.
4. What color hair does the innkeeper have at the place where Kin stops after leaving the Legare plantation?
5. What birds does Kin see on the barrier island after the ship is brought to shore?
(b) Bald eagles.
(c) Piping plovers.
(d) Blue herons.
6. How much does Kin pay a man to watch for the Abigail?
(a) Gold coin.
(b) 1 pence.
(c) 2 shillings.
(d) 1 shilling.
7. What color hair does Tilly have?
8. How close is Kin when he kills the first man to waylay him after he leaves the Legare plantation?
(a) 15 ft.
(b) 20 ft.
(c) 5 ft.
(d) 10 ft.
9. What is the name of the ship Pittingel has?
10. What warns Kin that there is trouble after he leaves the Legare plantation?
(a) He hears men talking.
(b) He hears the sound of a pistol being cocked.
(c) His horse.
(d) He sees a light in the distance.
11. What is the name of the swamp that Kin, Diana and the Indians cross the day after Kin and Diana get married?
(c) Great Dismal.
12. Where does Kin believe that Tilly went after he married Kin and Diana?
(c) Cape Ann.
13. How old is the man Kin hires to watch for the "Abigail"?
14. What injuries does the man have that Kin hires to watch for the Abigail?
(a) Lost two fingers.
(b) Lost one hand.
(c) Lost a leg and hand.
(d) Lost one eye.
15. What is Tilly trading for to load on his ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color eyes does Adele have?
2. Before Port Royal, what is the largest city that Kin has ever seen?
3. Who was it said settled Damariscove?
4. Who is being held captive in a carriage stopped in the road where Diana stops?
5. With whom does the innkeeper suggest that Kin leave Legare's horse and pistols?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)