|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men are lost in the battle with the other ship?
2. How long does Kin rest at the Legare plantation?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
3. What is Kin served to eat when he returns Adele to her home?
(a) Sandwich and fruit.
(b) Soup and coffee.
(c) Bread, jam and tea.
(d) Coffee, eggs, ham and melon.
4. Before the cove was settled, where did the fisherman come from who fished there?
(a) Grand Banks.
5. When Barnabas Sackett took a pirate ship in Newfoundland, who did he hang high until the man could cool down?
6. What is the name of the ship Pittingel has?
7. How many outfits does Kin order from Augustus Jayne?
8. What Indian tribe bides their time before they attack Kin and his family?
9. Who is being held captive in a carriage stopped in the road where Diana stops?
10. At the end of Chapter 11 when Kin cannot sleep, who does he see outside his window at the tavern?
(a) Max Bauer.
11. After Kin and Diana are married, under what type of trees do they and the Indians camp that night?
(a) Tulip Poplar.
(d) Loblolly pines.
12. Who was it said settled Damariscove?
(a) Captain Norling.
(b) Captain Dammerill.
(c) Captain Clarkson.
(d) Captain Smithson.
13. What birds does Kin see on the barrier island after the ship is brought to shore?
(a) Bald eagles.
(b) Piping plovers.
(d) Blue herons.
14. Where does Tilly say that most of Henry's people live in Jamaica?
(a) Lantern County.
(b) Back of Beyond.
(c) Cockpit County.
(d) Far Reaches.
15. With whom does the innkeeper suggest that Kin leave Legare's horse and pistols?
(a) Senor Martinez.
(b) Senor Sanchez.
(c) Senior Rodriguez.
(d) Senor Sandoval.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the tavern where Tilly sends Kin?
2. What is Tilly trading for to load on his ship?
3. How many muskets does Kin tell the Indians he has traded for Diana?
4. Where is the fisherman from who took Kin and Henry to Tilly's ship?
5. How close is Kin when he kills the first man to waylay him after he leaves the Legare plantation?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)