|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kin tell Augustus Jayne that he wants to open a school for young gentlemen?
2. What color hair does Tilly have?
3. What birds does Kin see on the barrier island after the ship is brought to shore?
(a) Piping plovers.
(b) Bald eagles.
(c) Blue herons.
4. What color are the man's eyes that Kin hires to watch for the Abigail?
5. What time does Henry want Kin to meet him after Adele is taken?
(a) Before 11 p.m.
(b) 1 a.m.
(c) 10 p.m.
(d) No later than midnight.
6. When Kin fights Pittingel, what body part does Kin nearly sever from the man?
7. Before Port Royal, what is the largest city that Kin has ever seen?
8. What is Kin served to eat when he returns Adele to her home?
(a) Coffee, eggs, ham and melon.
(b) Bread, jam and tea.
(c) Soup and coffee.
(d) Sandwich and fruit.
9. When Barnabas Sackett took a pirate ship in Newfoundland, who did he hang high until the man could cool down?
10. Where does Kin think the ship might be as he tells Diana to prepare for a fight?
(a) Delaware Bay.
(b) Chesapeake Bay.
(c) Sinepuxent Bay.
(d) Rehoboth Bay.
11. How much does the boat boy, Andrew, charge for a boat ride?
(a) A pence.
(b) 2 pence.
(c) A shilling.
(d) 2 shillings.
12. Who was killed with Kin's father?
(a) Ben Callahan.
(b) Tom Watkins.
(c) Van Phillips.
(d) Pat Young.
13. What injuries does the man have that Kin hires to watch for the Abigail?
(a) Lost one hand.
(b) Lost two fingers.
(c) Lost a leg and hand.
(d) Lost one eye.
14. What is the name of an Indian that Kin knows that the Indians he meets on the barrier island also know?
15. What is the name of Kin's brother who went west?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Kin pay a man to watch for the Abigail?
2. Who points out a ship in the night to Tilly?
3. How many outfits does Kin order from Augustus Jayne?
4. How long does Kin rest at the Legare plantation?
5. What is the name of Diana's maid?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)