|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What birds does Kin see on the barrier island after the ship is brought to shore?
(b) Bald eagles.
(c) Piping plovers.
(d) Blue herons.
2. What color are the man's eyes that Kin hires to watch for the Abigail?
3. What is the name of the ship Pittingel has?
4. From what tribe are the Indians that Kin sees on the barrier island?
5. How many slaves does the tailor Augustus Jayne employ?
(a) 30 men and a couple women.
(d) 40 men and several women.
6. What color hair does Kin have?
7. Where does Kin think the ship might be as he tells Diana to prepare for a fight?
(a) Delaware Bay.
(b) Sinepuxent Bay.
(c) Rehoboth Bay.
(d) Chesapeake Bay.
8. How long does Kin rest at the Legare plantation?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 2 hours.
9. How many outfits does Kin order from Augustus Jayne?
10. After Adele is taken, where does Henry tell Kin to meet him?
(a) Rio Grande.
(b) Rio Cobre.
(c) Rio Minho.
(d) Rio Nueve.
11. How old is the man Kin hires to watch for the "Abigail"?
12. After Kin and Diana are married, under what type of trees do they and the Indians camp that night?
(b) Loblolly pines.
(d) Tulip Poplar.
13. What is the name of an evil man who hated Barnabas Sackett?
(a) Martin Davis.
(b) Peter Andrews.
(c) Charles Whitcomb.
(d) Jonathan Delve.
14. What are Henry's people called in Jamaica and elsewhere?
15. What time is it when someone awakens Tilly to tell him a ship is nearby?
(a) Around 3 a.m.
(b) About an hour after dawn.
(c) About an hour before dawn.
(d) Around midnight.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the boat boy, Andrew, charge for a boat ride?
2. How many muskets does Kin tell the Indians he has traded for Diana?
3. Where does Kin believe that Tilly went after he married Kin and Diana?
4. How many men does Henry think have captured Adele?
5. If a ship is twelve or thirteen miles away from Tilly's ship, how long will it take her to close in?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)