|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Port Royal, what is the largest city that Kin has ever seen?
2. At fifteen feet above water on board Tilly's ship, how far can Kin see?
(a) About 4 miles.
(b) Perhaps 3 1/2 miles.
(c) Perhaps 4 1/2 miles.
(d) About 3 miles.
3. What color hair does the innkeeper have at the place where Kin stops after leaving the Legare plantation?
4. How long does Kin rest at the Legare plantation?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
5. How much does the boat boy, Andrew, charge for a boat ride?
(a) A shilling.
(b) A pence.
(c) 2 pence.
(d) 2 shillings.
6. If a ship is twelve or thirteen miles away from Tilly's ship, how long will it take her to close in?
(a) About 6 hours.
(b) 2-3 hours.
(c) 3-4 hours.
(d) About 4 hours.
7. When Kin fights Pittingel, what body part does Kin nearly sever from the man?
8. What is the name of Kin's brother who went west?
9. What color hair does Adele have?
(a) Reddish blonde.
(d) Light brown.
10. Who points out a ship in the night to Tilly?
(a) Tom Carboy.
(b) Dan Browning.
(c) Bill Darby.
(d) Will Miller.
11. When Kin stops at an inn after leaving the Legares, how far does he have to go to return to the river where he met Henry earlier?
(a) 3 miles.
(b) 7 miles.
(c) 10 miles.
(d) 6 miles.
12. What color is the first outfit that Augustus Jayne delivers to Kin?
(a) Rusty brown.
(b) Forest green.
13. When Barnabas Sackett took a pirate ship in Newfoundland, who did he hang high until the man could cool down?
14. How many men are lost in the battle with the other ship?
15. What injuries does the man have that Kin hires to watch for the Abigail?
(a) Lost two fingers.
(b) Lost one eye.
(c) Lost a leg and hand.
(d) Lost one hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does the innkeeper suggest that Kin leave Legare's horse and pistols?
2. How many blankets does Kin tell the Indians he has traded for Diana?
3. How many muskets does Kin tell the Indians he has traded for Diana?
4. Who does Augustus Jayne correspond with who mentioned Kin's father?
5. What is the name of the ship Pittingel has?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)