|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kin tell Augustus Jayne that he wants to open a school for young gentlemen?
2. How many cows do the people at the fort have where Kin, Diana and the Indians trade and buy supplies? .
3. What are Henry's people called in Jamaica and elsewhere?
4. When Kin fights Pittingel, what body part does Kin nearly sever from the man?
5. Who is in charge at the fort when Kin, Diana and the Indians wish to trade and buy supplies?
(a) Deal Webster.
(b) Robert Peterson.
(c) William Claiborne.
(d) Macklin Davis.
6. Before the cove was settled, where did the fisherman come from who fished there?
(d) Grand Banks.
7. Who is being held captive in a carriage stopped in the road where Diana stops?
8. Who does Augustus Jayne correspond with who mentioned Kin's father?
(a) Peter Tallis.
(b) Laird Williams.
(c) Mason Davis.
(d) Brian Sackett.
9. What is the name of an Indian that Kin knows that the Indians he meets on the barrier island also know?
10. What is the name of the ship Pittingel has?
11. How old is the man Kin hires to watch for the "Abigail"?
12. How many men does Henry think have captured Adele?
13. What time does Henry want Kin to meet him after Adele is taken?
(a) 1 a.m.
(b) Before 11 p.m.
(c) No later than midnight.
(d) 10 p.m.
14. Where does Kin believe that Tilly went after he married Kin and Diana?
(c) Cape Ann.
15. At fifteen feet above water on board Tilly's ship, how far can Kin see?
(a) Perhaps 4 1/2 miles.
(b) About 3 miles.
(c) About 4 miles.
(d) Perhaps 3 1/2 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Diana and Kin served to drink for breakfast the first morning on board ship?
2. What injuries does the man have that Kin hires to watch for the Abigail?
3. What Indian tribe bides their time before they attack Kin and his family?
4. How much does the boat boy, Andrew, charge for a boat ride?
5. What is the name of Kin's brother who went west?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)