|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 11 when Kin cannot sleep, who does he see outside his window at the tavern?
(c) Max Bauer.
2. What color hair does Adele have?
(b) Reddish blonde.
(d) Light brown.
3. Who offers to stand in for Diana's father when she marries Kin?
(a) Mick Brown.
(b) Martin Williams.
(c) Tom Carboy.
(d) Andrew Wyatt.
4. What is the name of the tavern where Tilly sends Kin?
(a) The Stag.
(c) White Horse.
5. What Indian tribe bides their time before they attack Kin and his family?
6. After Adele is taken, where does Henry tell Kin to meet him?
(a) Rio Grande.
(b) Rio Minho.
(c) Rio Nueve.
(d) Rio Cobre.
7. What birds does Kin see on the barrier island after the ship is brought to shore?
(b) Piping plovers.
(c) Bald eagles.
(d) Blue herons.
8. Where does Kin believe that Tilly went after he married Kin and Diana?
(b) Cape Ann.
9. What is the name of the ship Pittingel has?
10. How many men are lost in the battle with the other ship?
11. What time is it when someone awakens Tilly to tell him a ship is nearby?
(a) Around 3 a.m.
(b) Around midnight.
(c) About an hour before dawn.
(d) About an hour after dawn.
12. What time does Henry want Kin to meet him after Adele is taken?
(a) 10 p.m.
(b) No later than midnight.
(c) 1 a.m.
(d) Before 11 p.m.
13. From what tribe are the Indians that Kin sees on the barrier island?
14. How much does Kin pay a man to watch for the Abigail?
(a) 1 shilling.
(b) 1 pence.
(c) 2 shillings.
(d) Gold coin.
15. What is the name of the island Kin, Diana and the Indians approach that has a fort on it?
(a) Kiawah Island.
(b) Brunswick Island.
(c) Bald Head Island.
(d) Kent Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave Tilly his ship?
2. What is the name of an evil man who hated Barnabas Sackett?
3. When Kin fights Pittingel, what body part does Kin nearly sever from the man?
4. How old is the man Kin hires to watch for the "Abigail"?
5. Where does Tilly say that most of Henry's people live in Jamaica?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)