|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the cove was settled, where did the fisherman come from who fished there?
(d) Grand Banks.
2. What is the name of the swamp that Kin, Diana and the Indians cross the day after Kin and Diana get married?
(d) Great Dismal.
3. With whom does the innkeeper suggest that Kin leave Legare's horse and pistols?
(a) Senor Sandoval.
(b) Senior Rodriguez.
(c) Senor Martinez.
(d) Senor Sanchez.
4. What time does Henry want Kin to meet him after Adele is taken?
(a) 1 a.m.
(b) 10 p.m.
(c) Before 11 p.m.
(d) No later than midnight.
5. What is Tilly trading for to load on his ship?
6. Who is being held captive in a carriage stopped in the road where Diana stops?
7. How old is the man Kin hires to watch for the "Abigail"?
8. Who does Augustus Jayne correspond with who mentioned Kin's father?
(a) Mason Davis.
(b) Brian Sackett.
(c) Peter Tallis.
(d) Laird Williams.
9. When Barnabas Sackett took a pirate ship in Newfoundland, who did he hang high until the man could cool down?
10. Where does Tilly say that most of Henry's people live in Jamaica?
(a) Far Reaches.
(b) Cockpit County.
(c) Lantern County.
(d) Back of Beyond.
11. Where does Kin think the ship might be as he tells Diana to prepare for a fight?
(a) Chesapeake Bay.
(b) Delaware Bay.
(c) Sinepuxent Bay.
(d) Rehoboth Bay.
12. What is the name of Kin's brother who is in England?
13. When Henry meets up with Kin the night Adele is taken, where does he believe her captors are?
(a) Salt Ponds.
(b) Angels Estate.
(c) Whitewater Meadows.
(d) Grants Pen.
14. When Kin stops at an inn after leaving the Legares, how far does he have to go to return to the river where he met Henry earlier?
(a) 3 miles.
(b) 7 miles.
(c) 6 miles.
(d) 10 miles.
15. What is Kin served to eat when he returns Adele to her home?
(a) Coffee, eggs, ham and melon.
(b) Soup and coffee.
(c) Bread, jam and tea.
(d) Sandwich and fruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of an Indian that Kin knows that the Indians he meets on the barrier island also know?
2. What Indian tribe bides their time before they attack Kin and his family?
3. How many outfits does Kin order from Augustus Jayne?
4. How much does the boat boy, Andrew, charge for a boat ride?
5. Where is the fisherman from who took Kin and Henry to Tilly's ship?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)