|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers to stand in for Diana's father when she marries Kin?
(a) Mick Brown.
(b) Andrew Wyatt.
(c) Tom Carboy.
(d) Martin Williams.
2. What is the name of the swamp that Kin, Diana and the Indians cross the day after Kin and Diana get married?
(a) Great Dismal.
3. How long ago did Rafe Bogardus study at Cambridge?
(a) 30 odd years ago.
(b) 32 years ago.
(c) 24 years ago.
(d) 20 odd years ago.
4. Where does Tilly say that most of Henry's people live in Jamaica?
(a) Back of Beyond.
(b) Lantern County.
(c) Cockpit County.
(d) Far Reaches.
5. If a ship is twelve or thirteen miles away from Tilly's ship, how long will it take her to close in?
(a) About 4 hours.
(b) 2-3 hours.
(c) About 6 hours.
(d) 3-4 hours.
6. Where does Kin believe that Tilly went after he married Kin and Diana?
(c) Cape Ann.
7. What is the name of the ship Pittingel has?
8. What is the name of the tavern where Tilly sends Kin?
(a) The Stag.
(b) White Horse.
9. When Kin fights Pittingel, what body part does Kin nearly sever from the man?
10. At fifteen feet above water on board Tilly's ship, how far can Kin see?
(a) About 3 miles.
(b) Perhaps 4 1/2 miles.
(c) About 4 miles.
(d) Perhaps 3 1/2 miles.
11. What is the name of the island Kin, Diana and the Indians approach that has a fort on it?
(a) Kent Island.
(b) Bald Head Island.
(c) Kiawah Island.
(d) Brunswick Island.
12. What are Henry's people called in Jamaica and elsewhere?
13. Who does Augustus Jayne correspond with who mentioned Kin's father?
(a) Peter Tallis.
(b) Brian Sackett.
(c) Mason Davis.
(d) Laird Williams.
14. How old is Master Legare?
15. Who points out a ship in the night to Tilly?
(a) Bill Darby.
(b) Will Miller.
(c) Tom Carboy.
(d) Dan Browning.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the boat boy, Andrew, charge for a boat ride?
2. What Indian tribe bides their time before they attack Kin and his family?
3. Who is being held captive in a carriage stopped in the road where Diana stops?
4. What time is it when someone awakens Tilly to tell him a ship is nearby?
5. How close is Kin when he kills the first man to waylay him after he leaves the Legare plantation?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)