|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tilly say that most of Henry's people live in Jamaica?
(a) Lantern County.
(b) Back of Beyond.
(c) Cockpit County.
(d) Far Reaches.
2. What is the name of Kin's brother who went west?
3. How many Indians does Kin meet on the barrier island?
4. How many men are lost in the battle with the other ship?
5. What birds does Kin see on the barrier island after the ship is brought to shore?
(a) Bald eagles.
(b) Piping plovers.
(c) Blue herons.
6. At the end of Chapter 11 when Kin cannot sleep, who does he see outside his window at the tavern?
(d) Max Bauer.
7. Where does Kin tell Augustus Jayne that he wants to open a school for young gentlemen?
8. What time is it when someone awakens Tilly to tell him a ship is nearby?
(a) Around 3 a.m.
(b) About an hour after dawn.
(c) About an hour before dawn.
(d) Around midnight.
9. What color is the first outfit that Augustus Jayne delivers to Kin?
(a) Forest green.
(d) Rusty brown.
10. How old is Master Legare?
11. What color are the man's eyes that Kin hires to watch for the Abigail?
12. What is the name of the tavern where Tilly sends Kin?
(a) The Stag.
(d) White Horse.
13. Where does Kin think the ship might be as he tells Diana to prepare for a fight?
(a) Rehoboth Bay.
(b) Sinepuxent Bay.
(c) Chesapeake Bay.
(d) Delaware Bay.
14. How many men does Henry think have captured Adele?
15. How close is Kin when he kills the first man to waylay him after he leaves the Legare plantation?
(a) 20 ft.
(b) 10 ft.
(c) 15 ft.
(d) 5 ft.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many muskets does Kin tell the Indians he has traded for Diana?
2. When Henry meets up with Kin the night Adele is taken, where does he believe her captors are?
3. What animal tracks does Kin see on the barrier island where the ship is brought in after the sea battle?
4. When Barnabas Sackett took a pirate ship in Newfoundland, who did he hang high until the man could cool down?
5. What color hair does the innkeeper have at the place where Kin stops after leaving the Legare plantation?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)