|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tilly say that most of Henry's people live in Jamaica?
(a) Back of Beyond.
(b) Far Reaches.
(c) Cockpit County.
(d) Lantern County.
2. How many cows do the people at the fort have where Kin, Diana and the Indians trade and buy supplies? .
3. Who was killed with Kin's father?
(a) Ben Callahan.
(b) Tom Watkins.
(c) Van Phillips.
(d) Pat Young.
4. After Henry meets up with Kin the night Adele is kidnapped, where does he believe her captors are taking her?
(a) Mahee Bay.
(b) Galleon Bay.
(c) Montego Bay.
(d) White Bay.
5. At fifteen feet above water on board Tilly's ship, how far can Kin see?
(a) Perhaps 3 1/2 miles.
(b) About 4 miles.
(c) Perhaps 4 1/2 miles.
(d) About 3 miles.
6. After Kin and Diana are married, under what type of trees do they and the Indians camp that night?
(b) Loblolly pines.
(d) Tulip Poplar.
7. At the end of Chapter 11 when Kin cannot sleep, who does he see outside his window at the tavern?
(c) Max Bauer.
8. What color hair does Adele have?
(c) Reddish blonde.
(d) Light brown.
9. What is the name of the ship Pittingel has?
10. Before the cove was settled, where did the fisherman come from who fished there?
(a) Grand Banks.
11. What is the name of Kin's brother who went west?
12. How old is the man Kin hires to watch for the "Abigail"?
13. With whom does the innkeeper suggest that Kin leave Legare's horse and pistols?
(a) Senor Sanchez.
(b) Senior Rodriguez.
(c) Senor Sandoval.
(d) Senor Martinez.
14. How much does the boat boy, Andrew, charge for a boat ride?
(a) A shilling.
(b) 2 pence.
(c) 2 shillings.
(d) A pence.
15. How much does Kin pay a man to watch for the Abigail?
(a) 1 shilling.
(b) 1 pence.
(c) Gold coin.
(d) 2 shillings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Kin's brother who is in England?
2. What time is it when someone awakens Tilly to tell him a ship is nearby?
3. Who helps Kin find a maid for Diana?
4. What are Diana and Kin served to drink for breakfast the first morning on board ship?
5. What are Henry's people called in Jamaica and elsewhere?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)