|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men does Henry think have captured Adele?
2. How close is Kin when he kills the first man to waylay him after he leaves the Legare plantation?
(a) 20 ft.
(b) 15 ft.
(c) 5 ft.
(d) 10 ft.
3. How many muskets does Kin tell the Indians he has traded for Diana?
4. What is the name of the ship Pittingel has?
5. What is Kin served to eat when he returns Adele to her home?
(a) Bread, jam and tea.
(b) Sandwich and fruit.
(c) Soup and coffee.
(d) Coffee, eggs, ham and melon.
6. What is Tilly trading for to load on his ship?
7. What injuries does the man have that Kin hires to watch for the Abigail?
(a) Lost a leg and hand.
(b) Lost one hand.
(c) Lost two fingers.
(d) Lost one eye.
8. What is the name of Diana's maid?
9. At fifteen feet above water on board Tilly's ship, how far can Kin see?
(a) Perhaps 3 1/2 miles.
(b) About 4 miles.
(c) Perhaps 4 1/2 miles.
(d) About 3 miles.
10. What time does Henry want Kin to meet him after Adele is taken?
(a) No later than midnight.
(b) 10 p.m.
(c) Before 11 p.m.
(d) 1 a.m.
11. Who is being held captive in a carriage stopped in the road where Diana stops?
12. When Barnabas Sackett took a pirate ship in Newfoundland, who did he hang high until the man could cool down?
13. What is the name of the island Kin, Diana and the Indians approach that has a fort on it?
(a) Brunswick Island.
(b) Kiawah Island.
(c) Kent Island.
(d) Bald Head Island.
14. Where is the fisherman from who took Kin and Henry to Tilly's ship?
15. From what tribe are the Indians that Kin sees on the barrier island?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Kin fights Pittingel, what body part does Kin nearly sever from the man?
2. After Adele is taken, where does Henry tell Kin to meet him?
3. What animal tracks does Kin see on the barrier island where the ship is brought in after the sea battle?
4. Who was it said settled Damariscove?
5. How many slaves does the tailor Augustus Jayne employ?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)