|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the man Kin hires to watch for the "Abigail"?
2. Where does Kin tell Augustus Jayne that he wants to open a school for young gentlemen?
3. What Indian tribe bides their time before they attack Kin and his family?
4. Who points out a ship in the night to Tilly?
(a) Bill Darby.
(b) Dan Browning.
(c) Will Miller.
(d) Tom Carboy.
5. What is the name of the swamp that Kin, Diana and the Indians cross the day after Kin and Diana get married?
(c) Great Dismal.
6. What is the name of the ship Pittingel has?
7. What is the name of the island Kin, Diana and the Indians approach that has a fort on it?
(a) Kent Island.
(b) Kiawah Island.
(c) Bald Head Island.
(d) Brunswick Island.
8. Who is being held captive in a carriage stopped in the road where Diana stops?
9. Who offers to stand in for Diana's father when she marries Kin?
(a) Mick Brown.
(b) Martin Williams.
(c) Andrew Wyatt.
(d) Tom Carboy.
10. What color are Kin's eyes?
11. What color are the man's eyes that Kin hires to watch for the Abigail?
12. What warns Kin that there is trouble after he leaves the Legare plantation?
(a) He hears men talking.
(b) He hears the sound of a pistol being cocked.
(c) His horse.
(d) He sees a light in the distance.
13. What color hair does Kin have?
14. Who was killed with Kin's father?
(a) Ben Callahan.
(b) Pat Young.
(c) Tom Watkins.
(d) Van Phillips.
15. Before Port Royal, what is the largest city that Kin has ever seen?
Short Answer Questions
1. If a ship is twelve or thirteen miles away from Tilly's ship, how long will it take her to close in?
2. Who was it said settled Damariscove?
3. How much does Kin pay a man to watch for the Abigail?
4. What color hair does the innkeeper have at the place where Kin stops after leaving the Legare plantation?
5. How many blankets does Kin tell the Indians he has traded for Diana?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)