|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men does Kin see on shore when he swims across the river trying to catch up to the raft?
2. What island in the West Indies does Kin intend to go to first?
3. How long does Kin believe it took the Indian to travel to him?
(a) Probably more than a week.
(b) At least two weeks.
(c) 20 days.
(d) 10 days.
4. What is Carrie's mother's name?
5. How many fish does Henry catch while they are trying to get the girls back to their families?
6. How many muskets does Kin say that the men have who are walking barefoot on a trail?
7. A sailor tells Yance that 'what' Europeans sell slaves?
8. From what tribe is the woman who keeps Reverend Blaxton's house?
9. What does Kin say that his brother Yance fights like?
(a) A bear.
(b) A catamount.
(c) A bobcat.
(d) A panther.
10. How old is Reverend Blaxton?
(b) About 40.
(d) About 30.
11. How many slaves are with the party that kidnaps Diana and Carrie?
12. After finding the girls, how big around are some of the trees in the forest that Kin and Yance travel through?
(a) 10 feet.
(b) 4 feet.
(c) 7 or 8 feet.
(d) 5 or 6 feet.
13. Where does a sailor tell Yance that slaves are sold?
14. When an Indian took Kin to Shawmut by canoe, at the foot of what hill does he leave Kin?
(a) Haven Hill.
(b) Beacon Hill.
(c) Lantern Hill.
(d) Mission Hill.
15. What is the name of Kin's sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 7, how close is the Sacketts' camp to the camp of their pursuers?
2. Besides Carrie and Diana, how many other girls have disappeared without a trace?
3. How old is Diana Macklin?
4. What did Yance set outside Temperance's family home and then he disappeared and laid low?
5. Where was Sakim the teacher for Kin and his siblings?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)