|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the books that Robert Macklin has on his shelves, which does Kin say he has read?
2. What island in the West Indies does Kin intend to go to first?
3. How old was Temperance when Yance met her?
4. What is the name of Pike's ship?
5. Where was Sakim the teacher for Kin and his siblings?
(a) Meadow Lane.
(b) Rapid Creek.
(c) Falling Meadow.
(d) Shooting Creek.
6. How old is Diana Macklin?
7. How many fish does Henry catch while they are trying to get the girls back to their families?
8. Which of the settlers at Shooting Creek married a Spanish wife?
(a) William Manning.
(b) Kane O'Hara.
(c) Charles Williams.
(d) Paddy Meachum.
9. What time does Kin believe that the girls escaped?
(a) 3 a.m.
(c) 5 or 6 a.m.
(d) 1 or 2 a.m.
10. From what tribe is the woman who keeps Reverend Blaxton's house?
11. How long does Kin stop to eat huckleberries when he is trying to catch up with Yance and the girls after crossing the river?
(a) A half hour.
(b) An hour.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
12. How many men does Kin see on shore when he swims across the river trying to catch up to the raft?
13. Near what type of tree does Yance find tracks of men walking barefoot?
(c) White oak.
(d) Black walnut.
14. After finding the girls, how big around are some of the trees in the forest that Kin and Yance travel through?
(a) 5 or 6 feet.
(b) 4 feet.
(c) 7 or 8 feet.
(d) 10 feet.
15. Who does the old Indian who was sent to find Yance say took Carrie Penney?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who killed Kin's father?
2. What does Kin add to a soup they make using venison when he and Yance camp with the girls in the forest?
3. Besides Carrie and Diana, how many other girls have disappeared without a trace?
4. How old is the bold young lady that Blaxton and Maverick say disappeared a while back?
5. When Henry says he will go to the West Indies, where does Blaxton say some free blacks live?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)