|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Kin if he takes his own advice at the end of Chapter 10?
2. What types of fish does Henry catch?
(a) Panfish and striper.
(b) Salmon and pickerel.
(c) Bass and trout.
(d) Walleye and crappie.
3. How many slaves are with the party that kidnaps Diana and Carrie?
4. Who killed Kin's father?
5. Which of the men who are guarding Diana and Carrie wears a stocking cap with a tassel.
6. Of the books that Robert Macklin has on his shelves, which does Kin say he has read?
7. How old is Diana Macklin?
8. What sound does Yance make as a signal when Kin is talking with Max Bauer to indicate he has found something?
9. How long does Kin believe it took the Indian to travel to him?
(a) Probably more than a week.
(b) At least two weeks.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 20 days.
10. Which of the settlers at Shooting Creek married a Spanish wife?
(a) Paddy Meachum.
(b) William Manning.
(c) Charles Williams.
(d) Kane O'Hara.
11. What color hair does the man have who surprises Kin after he swims across the river?
12. How wide is the river that Kin, Yance and the girls cross while they try to make it to safety?
(a) 50 yards wide.
(b) 100 yards wide.
(c) 150 yards wide.
(d) 75 yards wide.
13. What type of trees do Yance and Kin lay under when they see a ship after they've been tracking the girls?
14. How many Indians do Yance and Kin see when they are leading the girls through the forest?
15. What color horse does Yance ride?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of John Tilly's ship?
2. How much more would Diana bring as a slave than would Henry?
3. How long does Kin stop to eat huckleberries when he is trying to catch up with Yance and the girls after crossing the river?
4. What island in the West Indies does Kin intend to go to first?
5. Whose widow did Samuel Maverick marry?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)