|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Pike's ship?
2. Where does Samuel Maverick live?
3. A sailor tells Yance that 'what' Europeans sell slaves?
4. How old is Reverend Blaxton?
(c) About 30.
(d) About 40.
5. Who does the old Indian who was sent to find Yance say took Carrie Penney?
6. What cove does Maverick suggest Kin find and catch a ship headed for the West Indies?
(a) Cat Cove.
(b) Plum Cove.
(c) Yarmouth Cove.
7. When Henry says he will go to the West Indies, where does Blaxton say some free blacks live?
8. Whose widow did Samuel Maverick marry?
(a) Martin Pierce.
(b) David Thomson.
(c) Jonathan Standish.
(d) Peter Martin.
9. How many miles does Diana believe that they have walked westward since she was kidnapped?
(a) 12 miles.
(b) 20 miles.
(c) 17 miles.
(d) 15 miles.
10. Where did Diana's mother die?
11. After finding the girls, how big around are some of the trees in the forest that Kin and Yance travel through?
(a) 5 or 6 feet.
(b) 7 or 8 feet.
(c) 10 feet.
(d) 4 feet.
12. What is Kin served at Reverend Blaxton's house?
(a) Warm broth.
(b) Hot soup.
(c) Nuts and berries.
(d) Fresh bread.
13. Who asks Kin if he takes his own advice at the end of Chapter 10?
14. What is Kin hunting for at the beginning of the book?
15. Where does the Reverend Blaxton live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Sakim the teacher for Kin and his siblings?
2. What is Carrie's father's name?
3. How many men were walking barefoot on the trail that Yance finds?
4. When Kin sees those who are pursuing him near his camp, who does he see lighting a fire?
5. What does Kin tell Yance to do while he is gone?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)