Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flowers are in bloom when Kin is hunting in Chapter 1?
(a) Morning Glories.
2. How wide is the river that Kin, Yance and the girls cross while they try to make it to safety?
(a) 50 yards wide.
(b) 75 yards wide.
(c) 150 yards wide.
(d) 100 yards wide.
3. What does Kin say that his brother Yance fights like?
(a) A bear.
(b) A panther.
(c) A bobcat.
(d) A catamount.
4. Near what type of tree does Yance find tracks of men walking barefoot?
(a) White oak.
(d) Black walnut.
5. What is the name of John Tilly's ship?
(a) The Lady.
(d) La Belle.
6. Where does a sailor tell Yance that slaves are sold?
7. After finding the girls, how big around are some of the trees in the forest that Kin and Yance travel through?
(a) 5 or 6 feet.
(b) 4 feet.
(c) 10 feet.
(d) 7 or 8 feet.
8. What is Kin hunting for at the beginning of the book?
9. How long does Kin believe it took the Indian to travel to him?
(a) 20 days.
(b) At least two weeks.
(c) 10 days.
(d) Probably more than a week.
10. Where was Sakim a physician and a surgeon?
11. How many men were walking barefoot on the trail that Yance finds?
12. How old is Reverend Blaxton?
(a) About 30.
(d) About 40.
13. A sailor tells Yance that 'what' Europeans sell slaves?
14. How many Indians do Yance and Kin see when they are leading the girls through the forest?
15. What color horse does Yance ride?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kin served at Reverend Blaxton's house?
2. What time does Kin believe that the girls escaped?
3. Of the books that Robert Macklin has on his shelves, which does Kin say he has read?
4. What cove does Maverick suggest Kin find and catch a ship headed for the West Indies?
5. How had the Indian been hurt that Kin takes to his place after finding him while Kin is out hunting?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)