|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound does Kin hear that indicates people are near where he and his brother are camped with the girls?
(b) Metal on metal.
(c) Sound of an axe.
(d) Breaking twigs.
2. What river do Kin, Yance and the girls cross after discovering their pursuers camped nearby?
3. A sailor tells Yance that 'what' Europeans sell slaves?
4. From what tribe is the woman who keeps Reverend Blaxton's house?
5. What direction does Yance decide he and Kin should go in the morning after the girls have escaped their captors?
6. Where does Kin believe that the war party of Indians they saw earlier have headed?
7. What types of fish does Henry catch?
(a) Walleye and crappie.
(b) Panfish and striper.
(c) Bass and trout.
(d) Salmon and pickerel.
8. How old was Temperance when Yance met her?
9. How many miles does Diana believe that they have walked westward since she was kidnapped?
(a) 20 miles.
(b) 12 miles.
(c) 15 miles.
(d) 17 miles.
10. What do the girls and the Sacketts stop to pick after camping overnight?
11. What does Kin tell Yance to do while he is gone?
(a) Go hunting.
(b) Watch his crops.
(c) Stay close to Temperance.
(d) Go to the Spanish.
12. What flowers are in bloom when Kin is hunting in Chapter 1?
(c) Morning Glories.
13. What does Kin say that his brother Yance fights like?
(a) A bear.
(b) A catamount.
(c) A bobcat.
(d) A panther.
14. Where does the Reverend Blaxton live?
15. What is Carrie's father's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Carrie's mother say has said that witches love the night?
2. How old is Reverend Blaxton?
3. Of the books that Robert Macklin has on his shelves, which does Kin say he has read?
4. Near what type of tree does Yance find tracks of men walking barefoot?
5. Who asks Kin if he takes his own advice at the end of Chapter 10?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)