|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kin hunting for at the beginning of the book?
2. Where does the Reverend Blaxton live?
3. How old does Yance believe that Carrie Penney is?
(a) 9 or 10.
(b) 10 or 11.
4. What does Kin see growing on the east side of the hollow where Diana and Carrie had been gathering herbs?
(c) Black raspberries.
5. Who does Carrie's mother say has said that witches love the night?
(a) The parson.
6. How many miles does Diana believe that they have walked westward since she was kidnapped?
(a) 15 miles.
(b) 12 miles.
(c) 20 miles.
(d) 17 miles.
7. Which of the men who are guarding Diana and Carrie wears a stocking cap with a tassel.
8. What is the name of Pike's ship?
9. What does Kin add to a soup they make using venison when he and Yance camp with the girls in the forest?
(a) Dandelion greens.
(b) Cattail pollen.
(c) Birch bark.
10. What sound does Yance make as a signal when Kin is talking with Max Bauer to indicate he has found something?
11. How old is Diana Macklin?
12. Which of the settlers at Shooting Creek married a Spanish wife?
(a) Kane O'Hara.
(b) Charles Williams.
(c) William Manning.
(d) Paddy Meachum.
13. Who does the old Indian who was sent to find Yance say took Carrie Penney?
14. What direction does Yance decide he and Kin should go in the morning after the girls have escaped their captors?
15. How many fish does Henry catch while they are trying to get the girls back to their families?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound does Kin hear that indicates people are near where he and his brother are camped with the girls?
2. How many men were walking barefoot on the trail that Yance finds?
3. How long does Kin believe it took the Indian to travel to him?
4. What island in the West Indies does Kin intend to go to first?
5. How old is the bold young lady that Blaxton and Maverick say disappeared a while back?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)