|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the bold young lady that Blaxton and Maverick say disappeared a while back?
(a) Not yet 16.
(d) Not yet 17.
2. Who does Carrie's mother say has said that witches love the night?
(a) The parson.
3. From what tribe is the woman who keeps Reverend Blaxton's house?
4. What direction does Yance decide he and Kin should go in the morning after the girls have escaped their captors?
5. What island in the West Indies does Kin intend to go to first?
6. What sound does Kin hear that indicates people are near where he and his brother are camped with the girls?
(a) Sound of an axe.
(c) Metal on metal.
(d) Breaking twigs.
7. What time does Kin believe that the girls escaped?
(a) 1 or 2 a.m.
(b) 5 or 6 a.m.
(c) 3 a.m.
8. Whose widow did Samuel Maverick marry?
(a) Jonathan Standish.
(b) Peter Martin.
(c) Martin Pierce.
(d) David Thomson.
9. Where was Sakim the teacher for Kin and his siblings?
(a) Shooting Creek.
(b) Meadow Lane.
(c) Rapid Creek.
(d) Falling Meadow.
10. Which of the settlers at Shooting Creek married a Spanish wife?
(a) Kane O'Hara.
(b) Charles Williams.
(c) Paddy Meachum.
(d) William Manning.
11. Of the books that Robert Macklin has on his shelves, which does Kin say he has read?
12. Where does the Reverend Blaxton live?
13. How old is Diana Macklin?
14. What is the name of John Tilly's ship?
(a) La Belle.
(c) The Lady.
15. Who asks Kin if he takes his own advice at the end of Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of trees do Yance and Kin lay under when they see a ship after they've been tracking the girls?
2. How many men were walking barefoot on the trail that Yance finds?
3. What do the girls and the Sacketts stop to pick after camping overnight?
4. Who killed Kin's father?
5. What color hair does the man have who surprises Kin after he swims across the river?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)