|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the girls and the Sacketts stop to pick after camping overnight?
2. What tribe is Tenaco from?
3. How many men were walking barefoot on the trail that Yance finds?
4. What does Kin say that his brother Yance fights like?
(a) A bobcat.
(b) A catamount.
(c) A panther.
(d) A bear.
5. What sound does Kin hear that indicates people are near where he and his brother are camped with the girls?
(b) Sound of an axe.
(c) Breaking twigs.
(d) Metal on metal.
6. What cove does Maverick suggest Kin find and catch a ship headed for the West Indies?
(b) Cat Cove.
(c) Yarmouth Cove.
(d) Plum Cove.
7. How old is Diana Macklin?
8. What direction does Yance decide he and Kin should go in the morning after the girls have escaped their captors?
9. What time does Kin believe that the girls escaped?
(a) 1 or 2 a.m.
(c) 5 or 6 a.m.
(d) 3 a.m.
10. Which of the settlers at Shooting Creek married a Spanish wife?
(a) Kane O'Hara.
(b) William Manning.
(c) Charles Williams.
(d) Paddy Meachum.
11. What language does Henry, a slave, usually speak?
12. What sound does Yance make as a signal when Kin is talking with Max Bauer to indicate he has found something?
13. When Henry says he will go to the West Indies, where does Blaxton say some free blacks live?
14. When Kin sees those who are pursuing him near his camp, who does he see lighting a fire?
15. How long does Kin stop to eat huckleberries when he is trying to catch up with Yance and the girls after crossing the river?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) An hour.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) A half hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Diana's mother die?
2. Where does a sailor tell Yance that slaves are sold?
3. Which of the men who are guarding Diana and Carrie wears a stocking cap with a tassel.
4. Where does Samuel Maverick live?
5. After finding the girls, how big around are some of the trees in the forest that Kin and Yance travel through?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)