|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Kin stop to eat huckleberries when he is trying to catch up with Yance and the girls after crossing the river?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) A half hour.
(d) An hour.
2. Which of the settlers at Shooting Creek married a Spanish wife?
(a) Kane O'Hara.
(b) Paddy Meachum.
(c) Charles Williams.
(d) William Manning.
3. Which of the men who are guarding Diana and Carrie wears a stocking cap with a tassel.
4. How many slaves are with the party that kidnaps Diana and Carrie?
5. Besides Carrie and Diana, how many other girls have disappeared without a trace?
6. Who killed Kin's father?
7. A sailor tells Yance that 'what' Europeans sell slaves?
8. What is Carrie's father's name?
9. Who asks Kin if he takes his own advice at the end of Chapter 10?
10. When Kin sees those who are pursuing him near his camp, who does he see lighting a fire?
11. How had the Indian been hurt that Kin takes to his place after finding him while Kin is out hunting?
(b) Bow shot.
12. Where does a sailor tell Yance that slaves are sold?
13. Who does Carrie's mother say has said that witches love the night?
(b) The parson.
14. What types of fish does Henry catch?
(a) Panfish and striper.
(b) Walleye and crappie.
(c) Bass and trout.
(d) Salmon and pickerel.
15. How many muskets does Kin say that the men have who are walking barefoot on a trail?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Temperance when Yance met her?
2. What island in the West Indies does Kin intend to go to first?
3. When Henry says he will go to the West Indies, where does Blaxton say some free blacks live?
4. How many Indians do Yance and Kin see when they are leading the girls through the forest?
5. How long have people been living in the Massachusetts Bay colony at the time the story is told?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)