|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kin see growing on the east side of the hollow where Diana and Carrie had been gathering herbs?
(a) Black raspberries.
2. What language does Henry, a slave, usually speak?
3. Besides Carrie and Diana, how many other girls have disappeared without a trace?
4. Who does the old Indian who was sent to find Yance say took Carrie Penney?
5. How many Indians do Yance and Kin see when they are leading the girls through the forest?
6. What is the name of Henry's tribe?
7. What island in the West Indies does Kin intend to go to first?
8. Which of the settlers at Shooting Creek married a Spanish wife?
(a) Kane O'Hara.
(b) Charles Williams.
(c) William Manning.
(d) Paddy Meachum.
9. What tribe is Tenaco from?
10. What does Kin say that his brother Yance fights like?
(a) A panther.
(b) A bear.
(c) A catamount.
(d) A bobcat.
11. When an Indian took Kin to Shawmut by canoe, at the foot of what hill does he leave Kin?
(a) Haven Hill.
(b) Mission Hill.
(c) Lantern Hill.
(d) Beacon Hill.
12. A sailor tells Yance that 'what' Europeans sell slaves?
13. Where did Diana's mother die?
14. How old is Diana Macklin?
15. Where was Sakim the teacher for Kin and his siblings?
(a) Rapid Creek.
(b) Shooting Creek.
(c) Falling Meadow.
(d) Meadow Lane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What river do Kin, Yance and the girls cross after discovering their pursuers camped nearby?
2. When Kin sees those who are pursuing him near his camp, who does he see lighting a fire?
3. How wide is the river that Kin, Yance and the girls cross while they try to make it to safety?
4. How long does Kin stop to eat huckleberries when he is trying to catch up with Yance and the girls after crossing the river?
5. What did Yance set outside Temperance's family home and then he disappeared and laid low?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)