|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color hair does the man have who surprises Kin after he swims across the river?
2. After finding the girls, how big around are some of the trees in the forest that Kin and Yance travel through?
(a) 5 or 6 feet.
(b) 4 feet.
(c) 7 or 8 feet.
(d) 10 feet.
3. Where does the Reverend Blaxton live?
4. When Henry says he will go to the West Indies, where does Blaxton say some free blacks live?
5. Whose widow did Samuel Maverick marry?
(a) David Thomson.
(b) Peter Martin.
(c) Jonathan Standish.
(d) Martin Pierce.
6. What tribe is Tenaco from?
7. How old was Temperance when Yance met her?
8. What time does Kin believe that the girls escaped?
(b) 5 or 6 a.m.
(c) 1 or 2 a.m.
(d) 3 a.m.
9. What does Kin see growing on the east side of the hollow where Diana and Carrie had been gathering herbs?
(d) Black raspberries.
10. What is Carrie's father's name?
11. What is the name of John Tilly's ship?
(a) La Belle.
(c) The Lady.
12. What sound does Kin hear that indicates people are near where he and his brother are camped with the girls?
(a) Metal on metal.
(c) Breaking twigs.
(d) Sound of an axe.
13. How many muskets does Kin say that the men have who are walking barefoot on a trail?
14. What types of fish does Henry catch?
(a) Salmon and pickerel.
(b) Walleye and crappie.
(c) Panfish and striper.
(d) Bass and trout.
15. How old is the bold young lady that Blaxton and Maverick say disappeared a while back?
(a) Not yet 17.
(b) Not yet 16.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Carrie's mother's name?
2. At the end of Chapter 7, how close is the Sacketts' camp to the camp of their pursuers?
3. What river do Kin, Yance and the girls cross after discovering their pursuers camped nearby?
4. What is the name of Kin's sister?
5. Who does the old Indian who was sent to find Yance say took Carrie Penney?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)