|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the old Indian who was sent to find Yance say took Carrie Penney?
2. How many fish does Henry catch while they are trying to get the girls back to their families?
3. What is Carrie's father's name?
4. What does Kin see growing on the east side of the hollow where Diana and Carrie had been gathering herbs?
(b) Black raspberries.
5. What is the name of Kin's sister?
6. What sound does Yance make as a signal when Kin is talking with Max Bauer to indicate he has found something?
7. How long does Kin stop to eat huckleberries when he is trying to catch up with Yance and the girls after crossing the river?
(a) An hour.
(b) A half hour.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
8. Where does Samuel Maverick live?
9. How old does Yance believe that Carrie Penney is?
(c) 10 or 11.
(d) 9 or 10.
10. How old was Temperance when Yance met her?
11. What river do Kin, Yance and the girls cross after discovering their pursuers camped nearby?
12. What is Kin served at Reverend Blaxton's house?
(a) Warm broth.
(b) Nuts and berries.
(c) Hot soup.
(d) Fresh bread.
13. From what tribe is the woman who keeps Reverend Blaxton's house?
14. Where does Kin believe that the war party of Indians they saw earlier have headed?
15. How old is Diana Macklin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kin hunting for at the beginning of the book?
2. Which of the men who are guarding Diana and Carrie wears a stocking cap with a tassel.
3. How old is the bold young lady that Blaxton and Maverick say disappeared a while back?
4. How many Indians do Yance and Kin see when they are leading the girls through the forest?
5. How many muskets does Kin say that the men have who are walking barefoot on a trail?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)