|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the settlers at Shooting Creek married a Spanish wife?
(a) William Manning.
(b) Charles Williams.
(c) Paddy Meachum.
(d) Kane O'Hara.
2. What language does Henry, a slave, usually speak?
3. How many muskets does Kin say that the men have who are walking barefoot on a trail?
4. What is Carrie's father's name?
5. How old is Diana Macklin?
6. Near what type of tree does Yance find tracks of men walking barefoot?
(b) Black walnut.
(c) White oak.
7. What color hair does the man have who surprises Kin after he swims across the river?
8. Where was Sakim the teacher for Kin and his siblings?
(a) Rapid Creek.
(b) Meadow Lane.
(c) Falling Meadow.
(d) Shooting Creek.
9. What island in the West Indies does Kin intend to go to first?
10. What year does the story takes place in "The Warrior's Path"?
11. What is the name of John Tilly's ship?
(a) La Belle.
(b) The Lady.
12. Where is Kin's mother?
13. Where does Kin believe that the war party of Indians they saw earlier have headed?
14. What did Yance set outside Temperance's family home and then he disappeared and laid low?
(a) Bear meat.
(c) Dried corn.
(d) Quarter of venison.
15. What types of fish does Henry catch?
(a) Panfish and striper.
(b) Salmon and pickerel.
(c) Walleye and crappie.
(d) Bass and trout.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides Carrie and Diana, how many other girls have disappeared without a trace?
2. How many miles does Diana believe that they have walked westward since she was kidnapped?
3. Who does the old Indian who was sent to find Yance say took Carrie Penney?
4. How old was Temperance when Yance met her?
5. Whose widow did Samuel Maverick marry?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)