|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kin believe that the war party of Indians they saw earlier have headed?
2. Where was Sakim a physician and a surgeon?
3. What does Kin say that his brother Yance fights like?
(a) A bear.
(b) A catamount.
(c) A bobcat.
(d) A panther.
4. How old is Reverend Blaxton?
(a) About 30.
(c) About 40.
5. What does Kin see growing on the east side of the hollow where Diana and Carrie had been gathering herbs?
(b) Black raspberries.
6. What island in the West Indies does Kin intend to go to first?
7. What direction does Yance decide he and Kin should go in the morning after the girls have escaped their captors?
8. How many men were walking barefoot on the trail that Yance finds?
9. What does Kin tell Yance to do while he is gone?
(a) Go to the Spanish.
(b) Stay close to Temperance.
(c) Go hunting.
(d) Watch his crops.
10. What does Kin add to a soup they make using venison when he and Yance camp with the girls in the forest?
(a) Cattail pollen.
(c) Birch bark.
(d) Dandelion greens.
11. How wide is the river that Kin, Yance and the girls cross while they try to make it to safety?
(a) 50 yards wide.
(b) 75 yards wide.
(c) 100 yards wide.
(d) 150 yards wide.
12. How long does Kin stop to eat huckleberries when he is trying to catch up with Yance and the girls after crossing the river?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) A half hour.
(d) An hour.
13. What types of fish does Henry catch?
(a) Panfish and striper.
(b) Bass and trout.
(c) Salmon and pickerel.
(d) Walleye and crappie.
14. Where is Kin's mother?
15. What sound does Yance make as a signal when Kin is talking with Max Bauer to indicate he has found something?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Indians do Yance and Kin see when they are leading the girls through the forest?
2. A sailor tells Yance that 'what' Europeans sell slaves?
3. How many miles does Diana believe that they have walked westward since she was kidnapped?
4. How long does Kin believe it took the Indian to travel to him?
5. Who asks Kin if he takes his own advice at the end of Chapter 10?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)