|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kin tell Yance to do while he is gone?
(a) Stay close to Temperance.
(b) Watch his crops.
(c) Go hunting.
(d) Go to the Spanish.
2. What does Kin add to a soup they make using venison when he and Yance camp with the girls in the forest?
(a) Birch bark.
(b) Cattail pollen.
(d) Dandelion greens.
3. What is the name of John Tilly's ship?
(c) The Lady.
(d) La Belle.
4. How many fish does Henry catch while they are trying to get the girls back to their families?
5. What river do Kin, Yance and the girls cross after discovering their pursuers camped nearby?
6. What is Kin served at Reverend Blaxton's house?
(a) Nuts and berries.
(b) Hot soup.
(c) Warm broth.
(d) Fresh bread.
7. What is the name of Henry's tribe?
8. What is the name of Kin's sister?
9. Where did Diana's mother die?
10. What time does Kin believe that the girls escaped?
(a) 5 or 6 a.m.
(b) 3 a.m.
(d) 1 or 2 a.m.
11. What does Kin see growing on the east side of the hollow where Diana and Carrie had been gathering herbs?
(c) Black raspberries.
12. How many miles does Diana believe that they have walked westward since she was kidnapped?
(a) 15 miles.
(b) 17 miles.
(c) 20 miles.
(d) 12 miles.
13. How many men were walking barefoot on the trail that Yance finds?
14. What year does the story takes place in "The Warrior's Path"?
15. How old is Diana Macklin?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Temperance when Yance met her?
2. When Kin sees those who are pursuing him near his camp, who does he see lighting a fire?
3. How old is the bold young lady that Blaxton and Maverick say disappeared a while back?
4. Which of the settlers at Shooting Creek married a Spanish wife?
5. How many slaves are with the party that kidnaps Diana and Carrie?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)