|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cove does Maverick suggest Kin find and catch a ship headed for the West Indies?
(a) Yarmouth Cove.
(c) Plum Cove.
(d) Cat Cove.
2. Who asks Kin if he takes his own advice at the end of Chapter 10?
3. Who killed Kin's father?
4. How many slaves are with the party that kidnaps Diana and Carrie?
5. Where was Sakim the teacher for Kin and his siblings?
(a) Shooting Creek.
(b) Falling Meadow.
(c) Meadow Lane.
(d) Rapid Creek.
6. What is Kin hunting for at the beginning of the book?
7. Who does the old Indian who was sent to find Yance say took Carrie Penney?
8. Which of the men who are guarding Diana and Carrie wears a stocking cap with a tassel.
9. What is Carrie's father's name?
10. How many men were walking barefoot on the trail that Yance finds?
11. At the end of Chapter 7, how close is the Sacketts' camp to the camp of their pursuers?
(a) 45 yards.
(b) 100 yards.
(c) 15 yards.
(d) 30 yards.
12. From what tribe is the woman who keeps Reverend Blaxton's house?
13. What does Kin add to a soup they make using venison when he and Yance camp with the girls in the forest?
(a) Cattail pollen.
(c) Dandelion greens.
(d) Birch bark.
14. What year does the story takes place in "The Warrior's Path"?
15. Which of the settlers at Shooting Creek married a Spanish wife?
(a) William Manning.
(b) Charles Williams.
(c) Kane O'Hara.
(d) Paddy Meachum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Kin's sister?
2. Who does Carrie's mother say has said that witches love the night?
3. What sound does Yance make as a signal when Kin is talking with Max Bauer to indicate he has found something?
4. Near what type of tree does Yance find tracks of men walking barefoot?
5. What is the name of Henry's tribe?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)