|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men were walking barefoot on the trail that Yance finds?
2. How old is the bold young lady that Blaxton and Maverick say disappeared a while back?
(a) Not yet 16.
(b) Not yet 17.
3. What color hair does the man have who surprises Kin after he swims across the river?
4. What year does the story takes place in "The Warrior's Path"?
5. What is the name of Henry's tribe?
6. How wide is the river that Kin, Yance and the girls cross while they try to make it to safety?
(a) 100 yards wide.
(b) 75 yards wide.
(c) 150 yards wide.
(d) 50 yards wide.
7. Near what type of tree does Yance find tracks of men walking barefoot?
(b) White oak.
(d) Black walnut.
8. How long does Kin believe it took the Indian to travel to him?
(a) 20 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) Probably more than a week.
(d) At least two weeks.
9. What is the name of Pike's ship?
10. What does Kin see growing on the east side of the hollow where Diana and Carrie had been gathering herbs?
(b) Black raspberries.
11. How long have people been living in the Massachusetts Bay colony at the time the story is told?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 20 years.
12. Which of the settlers at Shooting Creek married a Spanish wife?
(a) William Manning.
(b) Kane O'Hara.
(c) Paddy Meachum.
(d) Charles Williams.
13. What does Kin tell Yance to do while he is gone?
(a) Stay close to Temperance.
(b) Go hunting.
(c) Watch his crops.
(d) Go to the Spanish.
14. How many men does Kin see on shore when he swims across the river trying to catch up to the raft?
15. What direction does Yance decide he and Kin should go in the morning after the girls have escaped their captors?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many muskets does Kin say that the men have who are walking barefoot on a trail?
2. What does Kin add to a soup they make using venison when he and Yance camp with the girls in the forest?
3. What is Kin hunting for at the beginning of the book?
4. What sound does Kin hear that indicates people are near where he and his brother are camped with the girls?
5. How old was Temperance when Yance met her?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)