|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed Kin's father?
2. Of the books that Robert Macklin has on his shelves, which does Kin say he has read?
3. Where does Samuel Maverick live?
4. How long does Kin stop to eat huckleberries when he is trying to catch up with Yance and the girls after crossing the river?
(a) A half hour.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) An hour.
5. What type of trees do Yance and Kin lay under when they see a ship after they've been tracking the girls?
6. What flowers are in bloom when Kin is hunting in Chapter 1?
(c) Morning Glories.
7. Whose widow did Samuel Maverick marry?
(a) Peter Martin.
(b) Martin Pierce.
(c) David Thomson.
(d) Jonathan Standish.
8. Who does Carrie's mother say has said that witches love the night?
(b) The parson.
9. Where did Diana's mother die?
10. Near what type of tree does Yance find tracks of men walking barefoot?
(a) White oak.
(d) Black walnut.
11. At the end of Chapter 7, how close is the Sacketts' camp to the camp of their pursuers?
(a) 100 yards.
(b) 30 yards.
(c) 45 yards.
(d) 15 yards.
12. From what tribe is the woman who keeps Reverend Blaxton's house?
13. How many muskets does Kin say that the men have who are walking barefoot on a trail?
14. When Henry says he will go to the West Indies, where does Blaxton say some free blacks live?
15. How old does Yance believe that Carrie Penney is?
(c) 9 or 10.
(d) 10 or 11.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Diana Macklin?
2. How wide is the river that Kin, Yance and the girls cross while they try to make it to safety?
3. When an Indian took Kin to Shawmut by canoe, at the foot of what hill does he leave Kin?
4. When Kin sees those who are pursuing him near his camp, who does he see lighting a fire?
5. Where was Sakim a physician and a surgeon?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)