|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Kin if he takes his own advice at the end of Chapter 10?
2. What sound does Kin hear that indicates people are near where he and his brother are camped with the girls?
(a) Breaking twigs.
(b) Metal on metal.
(d) Sound of an axe.
3. Where does Kin believe that the war party of Indians they saw earlier have headed?
4. How wide is the river that Kin, Yance and the girls cross while they try to make it to safety?
(a) 100 yards wide.
(b) 75 yards wide.
(c) 150 yards wide.
(d) 50 yards wide.
5. How old is the bold young lady that Blaxton and Maverick say disappeared a while back?
(b) Not yet 17.
(d) Not yet 16.
6. What types of fish does Henry catch?
(a) Bass and trout.
(b) Walleye and crappie.
(c) Salmon and pickerel.
(d) Panfish and striper.
7. What direction does Yance decide he and Kin should go in the morning after the girls have escaped their captors?
8. What does Kin add to a soup they make using venison when he and Yance camp with the girls in the forest?
(a) Dandelion greens.
(b) Cattail pollen.
(c) Birch bark.
9. What flowers are in bloom when Kin is hunting in Chapter 1?
(a) Morning Glories.
10. How many men were walking barefoot on the trail that Yance finds?
11. How old is Diana Macklin?
12. Who does Carrie's mother say has said that witches love the night?
(b) The parson.
13. Who killed Kin's father?
14. What language does Henry, a slave, usually speak?
15. How long does Kin stop to eat huckleberries when he is trying to catch up with Yance and the girls after crossing the river?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) An hour.
(c) A half hour.
(d) 15 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yance set outside Temperance's family home and then he disappeared and laid low?
2. After finding the girls, how big around are some of the trees in the forest that Kin and Yance travel through?
3. What type of trees do Yance and Kin lay under when they see a ship after they've been tracking the girls?
4. Where was Sakim a physician and a surgeon?
5. At the end of Chapter 7, how close is the Sacketts' camp to the camp of their pursuers?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)