|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Ellen a killer and encourages her to kill Jack even after she has declared a truce?
2. What does Simon Paige say to Jack before the hearing on the grievances against Jack?
3. Why does Jack briefly consider falling on his sword?
4. Whose voice does Jack recall hearing in his delirium while he was injured?
5. According to Linda, who is the premier wizard with the White Rose?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who helps save Jack's life in Chapter 11? How?
2. Who is ministering Jack when he wakes in Cumbria? How did she get there?
3. Who is the first to put forth a warrior in the ceremony to register the warriors? Who does not have a warrior? Why not?
4. How did Will and Fitch end up at Raven's Ghyll? For what purpose?
5. How does Jack use magic to keep from hurting Ellen during the first part of the Games? How does this force a change in the rules?
6. Why is Jack called out of class in Chapter 11? What does Jack believe is happening?
7. Who breaks into Hastings house while Becka and Hastings are out one evening? What does this person want from Jack?
8. What is Raven's Ghyll? Why has Hastings decided to take Jack there through the back way?
9. For what trip is Jack packing at the end of Chapter 11? What does he pack?
10. What theory does Fitch tell Linda about Susannah's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Jack's relationship with Ellen? Why do Ellen and Leesha have a confrontation? Why does Jack agree to walk Ellen home during Leesha's party? How does Jack feel about Ellen? Why does Jack end up having a fight with Garret? How did this come about? How did it end? What does Jack's relationship with Ellen suggest about his personality? What does it say about his position in relation to the Roses and the Games?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Dr. Longbranch? Why does she believe that she should own Jack? Why does Dr. Longbranch want Jack to fight for the White Rose? In what way does Dr. Longbranch discuss Jack as though he were a prized dog rather than a person? Why does Dr. Longbranch become upset when she learns that Hastings plans to have Jack fight for him as an independent? Why does Dr. Longbranch file suit, claiming that Jack belongs to her? Who else files suit to stop Jack from fighting in the Games? What is the result of these law suits?
Essay Topic 3
How does Jack discover that someone has tried to poison him? Why would someone want to kill Jack? Why do two wizards come to Jack's school the following day and try to take him off campus? Who does Jack ask for help? How does Jack delay leaving the school with these men? Who arrives and begs them to take her instead of Jack? Who finally manages to stop the two men attempting to kidnap Jack? How does he do this?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)