|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hastings say Jack needs to win the Games?
2. Where was the last Games held?
3. In Chapter 11, who identifies the poison in Jack's drink?
4. What speculations does Hastings make about the Red Rose's champion?
5. Why does Dr. Longbranch suggest a story of Jack's death to Linda?
Short Essay Questions
1. What theory does Fitch tell Linda about Susannah's death?
2. Who helps save Jack's life in Chapter 11? How?
3. What is Raven's Ghyll? Why has Hastings decided to take Jack there through the back way?
4. What threat does Hastings make against Jack's mother to demonstrate what might happen if he refuses to play in the Games?
5. Why does Susannah claim the dragon has awakened? What is the result of this?
6. Where does Longbranch want Jack to fight? What excuse does Longbranch come up with to hide Jack's death in the fight?
7. Who is ministering Jack when he wakes in Cumbria? How did she get there?
8. What does Hastings tell Jack will happen if the Rules of Engagement are ever broken? What does this have to do with the origin of the Weir stones?
9. Who objects to Jack's participation in the Games? For what reason?
10. At the amusement park, Ellen pretends to throw a slushy on Jack, but misses and hits the water. What happens next? Why did Ellen do this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following in an essay:
4) Point of View.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following relationships in an essay:
1) Lee and Carrie
2) Lee and Wylie
3) Linda and Longbranch
4) Jack, Will, and Fitch.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Hastings take Jack to Cambria? What is in Cambria? Who joins them there? What is the relationship between Hastings and Becka? For what reason? Why does Linda arrive in Cambria? What does Linda think Hastings has done in the past? Why does Linda think Hastings has been so helpful in training Jack? Why does Hastings admit that he wants Jack to fight in the Games? Why does Jack agree to fight in the Games as an independent with Hastings as his sponsor?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)