Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ellen threaten to pour Jack's drink over his head?
2. Whom does Fitch see outside of a Christmas shop, apparently hunting for someone?
3. What does Linda tell Jack that the branch of the family began using as their emblem rather than the Red or White Rose?
4. According to Hastings, what regulates everything at the Games?
5. What does D'Orsay write in the Rules of Engagement?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following in an essay:
4) Point of View.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Jack visit with Dr. Longbranch when he first arrives in England? What spell does Dr. Longbranch attempt to cast over Jack? How does this spell fail? What does Dr. Longbranch say she wants Jack to do in the Games? What does Dr. Longbranch suggest they might do with Jack if he survives the Games? How does Jack and Linda escape from Dr. Longbranch? Who tries to kill Linda on the streets? Where do Jack and Linda go for refuge? Who finally comes and rescues Jack? Why does Linda agree to tell everyone Jack is dead?
Essay Topic 3
Who is kidnapped in England and taken to the site of the Games in order to persuade Jack to fight for a different team? How does Jack react to this kidnapping? How does Hastings secure the lives of those kidnapped? Why does Hastings not try harder to send the kidnapped teens home? How do these two kidnapped figures impact Jack in the hours before the Games are to begin? What kind of mental state is Jack in as he prepares for the Games? What are the stakes should Jack win? Should Jack lose? Who will be most affected by Jack's loss?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)