|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hastings, what regulates everything at the Games?
2. According to Linda in Chapter 11, who is the premier wizard with the Red Rose?
3. What does Hastings say is the reward of winning the Games?
4. According to Linda, who is the premier wizard with the White Rose?
5. In Chapter 11, who first suggested they leave their drinks behind while they went on Thunder Canyon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who breaks into Hastings house while Becka and Hastings are out one evening? What does this person want from Jack?
2. How did Will and Fitch end up at Raven's Ghyll? For what purpose?
3. Who helps save Jack's life in Chapter 11? How?
4. Who is the first to put forth a warrior in the ceremony to register the warriors? Who does not have a warrior? Why not?
5. What theory does Fitch tell Linda about Susannah's death?
6. What does Hastings admit to Jack in Cumbria? How does Jack feel about this admission?
7. What threat does Hastings make against Jack's mother to demonstrate what might happen if he refuses to play in the Games?
8. At the amusement park, Ellen pretends to throw a slushy on Jack, but misses and hits the water. What happens next? Why did Ellen do this?
9. Who objects to Jack's participation in the Games? For what reason?
10. Why does Susannah claim the dragon has awakened? What is the result of this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens when Linda and Hastings prevent the judges from killing Jack and Ellen at the end of the Games? Who invades the arena and begins to kill some of the judges? Who else appears? What does this person say the judges have awakened with their unfair games? What rule changes are made as a result of Ellen and Jack's tournament? What is Trinity to become for the guilds? Do these new rules solve the problems Leander Hastings was attempting to fix by having Jack fight?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Hastings take Jack to Cambria? What is in Cambria? Who joins them there? What is the relationship between Hastings and Becka? For what reason? Why does Linda arrive in Cambria? What does Linda think Hastings has done in the past? Why does Linda think Hastings has been so helpful in training Jack? Why does Hastings admit that he wants Jack to fight in the Games? Why does Jack agree to fight in the Games as an independent with Hastings as his sponsor?
Essay Topic 3
What is Jack's relationship with Ellen? Why do Ellen and Leesha have a confrontation? Why does Jack agree to walk Ellen home during Leesha's party? How does Jack feel about Ellen? Why does Jack end up having a fight with Garret? How did this come about? How did it end? What does Jack's relationship with Ellen suggest about his personality? What does it say about his position in relation to the Roses and the Games?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)