|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, how does Jack disable Dr. Longbranch?
2. Whom does Fitch see outside of a Christmas shop, apparently hunting for someone?
3. Dr. Longstreet objects to Hastings' warrior for what reason?
4. According to Hastings, what regulates everything at the Games?
5. Who surrounds Jack in the moments before the Games are to begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Linda file a grievance to stop Jack from participating in the Games? Who else files a grievance?
2. How did Will and Fitch end up at Raven's Ghyll? For what purpose?
3. What habit have Hastings and Becka gotten into since Jack's recovery? How does Jack feel about Becka's continuing presence?
4. What charm does Dr. Longbranch cast on Jack? How does he escape it?
5. What does Hastings tell Jack will happen if the Rules of Engagement are ever broken? What does this have to do with the origin of the Weir stones?
6. For what trip is Jack packing at the end of Chapter 11? What does he pack?
7. How does Jack use magic to keep from hurting Ellen during the first part of the Games? How does this force a change in the rules?
8. Where does Longbranch want Jack to fight? What excuse does Longbranch come up with to hide Jack's death in the fight?
9. How does Jack manage to sneak into Ellen's room to speak to her the night before the Games? What is said?
10. Who helps save Jack's life in Chapter 11? How?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following relationships in detail:
1) Hastings and Becka
2) Linda and Becka
3) Longbranch and Jack
4) Jack and Hastings.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Jack visit with Dr. Longbranch when he first arrives in England? What spell does Dr. Longbranch attempt to cast over Jack? How does this spell fail? What does Dr. Longbranch say she wants Jack to do in the Games? What does Dr. Longbranch suggest they might do with Jack if he survives the Games? How does Jack and Linda escape from Dr. Longbranch? Who tries to kill Linda on the streets? Where do Jack and Linda go for refuge? Who finally comes and rescues Jack? Why does Linda agree to tell everyone Jack is dead?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following relationships in an essay:
1) Lee and Carrie
2) Lee and Wylie
3) Linda and Longbranch
4) Jack, Will, and Fitch.
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)