|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about Susannah's grave as compared to the graves around it?
2. What does Nick call Leander Hastings?
3. According to Hastings, who are the people that he conjures up with his charms for Jack to practice against?
4. Who once brought Linda to these ruins and told her of the tragedy that took place there?
5. Why does Dr. Longbranch want to take baby Jack with her to England in the prologue?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Nick begin to teach Jack? What does Nick give to Jack?
2. In Chapter 3, Jack is attacked by a man with a saber, but does not suffer any injury. How is this possible?
3. In Chapter 2, where does Becka tell Jack she has gotten a fellowship for that summer?
4. What does Jack tell Nick about missing his medication? What does Nick say about Jack's reaction?
5. With whom does Jack get into a confrontation with during soccer tryouts? Why?
6. In Chapter 7, what is the first thing Hastings wants Jack to learn to do with his powers?
7. Who confronts Jack after the championship game? What happens?
8. Who finally discovers the location of Susannah's grave? Where is it?
9. What do Jack, Will, and Fitch find at Susannah's grave? Who tries to take it from Jack?
10. What reason does the leader of the Red Roses give for the murder of Lee's father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following relationships in an essay:
1) Lee and Carrie
2) Lee and Wylie
3) Linda and Longbranch
4) Jack, Will, and Fitch.
Essay Topic 2
Who is Dr. Longbranch? Why does she believe that she should own Jack? Why does Dr. Longbranch want Jack to fight for the White Rose? In what way does Dr. Longbranch discuss Jack as though he were a prized dog rather than a person? Why does Dr. Longbranch become upset when she learns that Hastings plans to have Jack fight for him as an independent? Why does Dr. Longbranch file suit, claiming that Jack belongs to her? Who else files suit to stop Jack from fighting in the Games? What is the result of these law suits?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following in an essay:
4) Point of View.
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)