|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation does Will make for Garrett slamming into the net during soccer tryouts?
2. What does Jack consider as Nick's specialty when it comes to school subjects?
3. What type of surgery does Jack believe Dr. Longbranch performed on him when he was an infant?
4. What does the newspaper article Jack finds in the library say about the cause of death for Susannah Downy?
5. Rather than attend a party, Jack decides to walk home with whom in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, whose grave is Linda attempting to find? How old was this person when she died?
2. What does Jack tell Nick about missing his medication? What does Nick say about Jack's reaction?
3. How does Linda suggest Dr. Longbranch can keep Jack from developing his powers in order to allow him to live securely and in secret with his parents until he reaches maturity?
4. Who confronts Jack after the championship game? What happens?
5. In Chapter 7, what is the first thing Hastings wants Jack to learn to do with his powers?
6. In Chapter 2, where does Becka tell Jack she has gotten a fellowship for that summer?
7. What does Lee find when he returns home? What does Lee know about who is responsible for what he finds?
8. In Chapter 2, what object does Jack receive from Mercedes? How does Linda encourage him to wear it?
9. In Chapter 6, what immediate impact does Jack feel from his new medication?
10. What does Nick give to Jack in Chapter 6? What is the purpose of this item?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Ellen move in with Will and his family? What does everyone think happened to Ellen's parents? What happens in the relationship between Ellen and Jack after the Games? What happens in the relationship between Linda and Hastings after the Games? How is this a change? What is the relationship with Hastings and Becka like? What does Jack come to realize is happening to Becka the more time she spends with Hastings? How does Jack's relationship with Nick change after the Games? What do Ellen and Jack often sneak off to do even though they no longer need to train as warriors? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What is Jack's relationship with Ellen? Why do Ellen and Leesha have a confrontation? Why does Jack agree to walk Ellen home during Leesha's party? How does Jack feel about Ellen? Why does Jack end up having a fight with Garret? How did this come about? How did it end? What does Jack's relationship with Ellen suggest about his personality? What does it say about his position in relation to the Roses and the Games?
Essay Topic 3
What happens when Linda and Hastings prevent the judges from killing Jack and Ellen at the end of the Games? Who invades the arena and begins to kill some of the judges? Who else appears? What does this person say the judges have awakened with their unfair games? What rule changes are made as a result of Ellen and Jack's tournament? What is Trinity to become for the guilds? Do these new rules solve the problems Leander Hastings was attempting to fix by having Jack fight?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)