|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Longbranch want to take baby Jack with her to England in the prologue?
2. What does the newspaper article Jack finds in the library say about the cause of death for Susannah Downy?
3. What is the name of the wizard who follows Linda to the ruins?
4. When Jack gets the vest from Mercedes, what other gift from Mercedes does it remind him of?
5. What stone should Dr. Longbranch have inserted in Jack during the surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Nick begin to teach Jack? What does Nick give to Jack?
2. What does Jack do when he remembers that he forgot to take his medication?
3. How does Linda suggest Dr. Longbranch can keep Jack from developing his powers in order to allow him to live securely and in secret with his parents until he reaches maturity?
4. What voices does Jack hear at Susannah's grave? What do they say? Why does he hear them?
5. What do Jack, Will, and Fitch find at Susannah's grave? Who tries to take it from Jack?
6. What reason does the leader of the Red Roses give for the murder of Lee's father?
7. In Chapter 2, what object does Jack receive from Mercedes? How does Linda encourage him to wear it?
8. What does Linda tell Jack in Chapter 5 that explains the need for the sword?
9. In Chapter 6, what immediate impact does Jack feel from his new medication?
10. With whom does Jack get into a confrontation with during soccer tryouts? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Ellen move in with Will and his family? What does everyone think happened to Ellen's parents? What happens in the relationship between Ellen and Jack after the Games? What happens in the relationship between Linda and Hastings after the Games? How is this a change? What is the relationship with Hastings and Becka like? What does Jack come to realize is happening to Becka the more time she spends with Hastings? How does Jack's relationship with Nick change after the Games? What do Ellen and Jack often sneak off to do even though they no longer need to train as warriors? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What is Jack's relationship with Ellen? Why do Ellen and Leesha have a confrontation? Why does Jack agree to walk Ellen home during Leesha's party? How does Jack feel about Ellen? Why does Jack end up having a fight with Garret? How did this come about? How did it end? What does Jack's relationship with Ellen suggest about his personality? What does it say about his position in relation to the Roses and the Games?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following in an essay:
4) Point of View.
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)