|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Carrie hiding when Lee found her?
2. What type of surgery does Jack believe Dr. Longbranch performed on him when he was an infant?
3. What is the name of the wizard who follows Linda to the ruins?
4. In Chapter 9, what does Jack think his training is leading him toward?
5. In Chapter 6, why does Jack worry that hiding his powers might become difficult?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens the first time Hastings sends Jack an opponent in his special arena?
2. What does Linda tell Jack in Chapter 5 that explains the need for the sword?
3. Who finally discovers the location of Susannah's grave? Where is it?
4. In Chapter 2, where does Becka tell Jack she has gotten a fellowship for that summer?
5. In Chapter 2, what object does Jack receive from Mercedes? How does Linda encourage him to wear it?
6. In Chapter 8, what does Nick begin to teach Jack? What does Nick give to Jack?
7. What do Jack, Will, and Fitch find at Susannah's grave? Who tries to take it from Jack?
8. What does Nick give to Jack in Chapter 6? What is the purpose of this item?
9. Why does Jack forget to take his medication on the morning of the soccer tryouts?
10. What surgery did Dr. Longbranch perform on Jackson Swift as an infant? For what reason?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following relationships in detail:
1) Hastings and Becka
2) Linda and Becka
3) Longbranch and Jack
4) Jack and Hastings.
Essay Topic 2
Who is kidnapped in England and taken to the site of the Games in order to persuade Jack to fight for a different team? How does Jack react to this kidnapping? How does Hastings secure the lives of those kidnapped? Why does Hastings not try harder to send the kidnapped teens home? How do these two kidnapped figures impact Jack in the hours before the Games are to begin? What kind of mental state is Jack in as he prepares for the Games? What are the stakes should Jack win? Should Jack lose? Who will be most affected by Jack's loss?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following in an essay:
4) Point of View.
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)