|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what happens when Hastings drives Jack home to get Shadowslayer before their practice session?
2. According to Hastings, who are the people that he conjures up with his charms for Jack to practice against?
3. Who once brought Linda to these ruins and told her of the tragedy that took place there?
4. What is the name of the wizard who follows Linda to the ruins?
5. What does Nick call Leander Hastings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does the leader of the Red Roses give for the murder of Lee's father?
2. In Chapter 3, whose grave is Linda attempting to find? How old was this person when she died?
3. What surgery did Dr. Longbranch perform on Jackson Swift as an infant? For what reason?
4. In Chapter 6, what immediate impact does Jack feel from his new medication?
5. What does Jack tell Nick about missing his medication? What does Nick say about Jack's reaction?
6. What voices does Jack hear at Susannah's grave? What do they say? Why does he hear them?
7. In Chapter 9, how does Hastings create an arena for Jack to fight in? What is special about this arena?
8. Why does Jack forget to take his medication on the morning of the soccer tryouts?
9. In Chapter 7, how does Hastings force Jack to manifest his powers?
10. In Chapter 10, where does Jack learn his friends will be spending the summer? Where does Jack learn Ellen will be over the summer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following relationships in detail:
1) Hastings and Becka
2) Linda and Becka
3) Longbranch and Jack
4) Jack and Hastings.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Ellen move in with Will and his family? What does everyone think happened to Ellen's parents? What happens in the relationship between Ellen and Jack after the Games? What happens in the relationship between Linda and Hastings after the Games? How is this a change? What is the relationship with Hastings and Becka like? What does Jack come to realize is happening to Becka the more time she spends with Hastings? How does Jack's relationship with Nick change after the Games? What do Ellen and Jack often sneak off to do even though they no longer need to train as warriors? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Jack visit with Dr. Longbranch when he first arrives in England? What spell does Dr. Longbranch attempt to cast over Jack? How does this spell fail? What does Dr. Longbranch say she wants Jack to do in the Games? What does Dr. Longbranch suggest they might do with Jack if he survives the Games? How does Jack and Linda escape from Dr. Longbranch? Who tries to kill Linda on the streets? Where do Jack and Linda go for refuge? Who finally comes and rescues Jack? Why does Linda agree to tell everyone Jack is dead?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)