|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Linda tell Jack he will find at Susannah's grave?
2. In Chapter 8, what problems does Jack point out about the Rules of Engagement?
3. Where did Dr. Longbranch get the stone that she implanted in Jack?
4. What occupation was listed for Susannah Downy in the records at the courthouse in Chapter 3?
5. What is the name carved on the ruins Linda visits at the beginning of Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what immediate impact does Jack feel from his new medication?
2. Who is listed as the person who found Susannah's body after her death? What is the significance of this?
3. In Chapter 3, Jack is attacked by a man with a saber, but does not suffer any injury. How is this possible?
4. What does Linda tell Jack in Chapter 5 that explains the need for the sword?
5. In Chapter 7, what is the first thing Hastings wants Jack to learn to do with his powers?
6. What reason does the leader of the Red Roses give for the murder of Lee's father?
7. With whom does Jack get into a confrontation with during soccer tryouts? Why?
8. Who finally discovers the location of Susannah's grave? Where is it?
9. Who confronts Jack after the championship game? What happens?
10. In Chapter 5, why is Jack surprised by the identity of his new trainer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Ellen move in with Will and his family? What does everyone think happened to Ellen's parents? What happens in the relationship between Ellen and Jack after the Games? What happens in the relationship between Linda and Hastings after the Games? How is this a change? What is the relationship with Hastings and Becka like? What does Jack come to realize is happening to Becka the more time she spends with Hastings? How does Jack's relationship with Nick change after the Games? What do Ellen and Jack often sneak off to do even though they no longer need to train as warriors? Why?
Essay Topic 2
How does Jack discover that someone has tried to poison him? Why would someone want to kill Jack? Why do two wizards come to Jack's school the following day and try to take him off campus? Who does Jack ask for help? How does Jack delay leaving the school with these men? Who arrives and begs them to take her instead of Jack? Who finally manages to stop the two men attempting to kidnap Jack? How does he do this?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following relationships in an essay:
1) Lee and Carrie
2) Lee and Wylie
3) Linda and Longbranch
4) Jack, Will, and Fitch.
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)