|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, whom does Jack remember as sitting vigil with him in the church after he was injured?
(a) Dr. Longbranch.
(d) His mother.
2. Who surrounds Jack in the moments before the Games are to begin?
(a) His familiy.
(b) His friends.
(c) His neighbors.
(d) His fans.
3. In Chapter 12, who has a champion that it plans on putting forward for a tournament on Midsummer's Day?
(a) The Red Rose.
(b) The White Rose.
(c) The Silver Bear.
(d) The Silver Dragon.
4. What emblem appears on Jack's tunic for the Games?
(a) A Silver Dragon.
(b) A Red Rose.
(c) A White Elephant.
(d) A White Rose.
5. In Chapter 11, who identifies the poison in Jack's drink?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do voices say in Jack's mind as he approaches the grounds where the Games are played?
2. What does Hastings say Jack needs to win the Games?
3. In Chapter 16, who testifies for Longbranch about Jack's surgery as a child?
4. What speculations does Hastings make about the Red Rose's champion?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 16, why do people continuously knock on Jack's door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What theory does Fitch tell Linda about Susannah's death?
2. At the amusement park, Ellen pretends to throw a slushy on Jack, but misses and hits the water. What happens next? Why did Ellen do this?
3. Why does Jack stop during a training bout to talk with Jeremiah? What doe he learn?
4. Who objects to Jack's participation in the Games? For what reason?
5. Who breaks into Hastings house while Becka and Hastings are out one evening? What does this person want from Jack?
6. Why does Linda file a grievance to stop Jack from participating in the Games? Who else files a grievance?
7. Why is Jack called out of class in Chapter 11? What does Jack believe is happening?
8. What is Raven's Ghyll? Why has Hastings decided to take Jack there through the back way?
9. What does Hastings admit to Jack in Cumbria? How does Jack feel about this admission?
10. Who helps save Jack's life in Chapter 11? How?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)