|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What structure exists in Raven's Ghyll?
(a) A set of caves.
(b) A house.
(c) A castle.
(d) A church and several barns.
2. What proof does Linda offer for the surgery that left Jack with a warrior's stone rather than a wizard's stone?
(a) His prescription medications.
(b) Dr. Longbranch's testimony.
(c) His medical records.
(d) His surgical scar.
3. What place does Dr. Longbranch suggest for Jack to visit?
(a) Big Ben.
(b) The Queen's Palace.
(c) Westminster Abbey.
(d) The Tower.
4. In Chapter 15, what does Jack feel is an appropriate name for the mountain Hastings is forcing him to climb?
(b) Danger Zone.
5. Who surrounds Jack in the moments before the Games are to begin?
(a) His fans.
(b) His friends.
(c) His familiy.
(d) His neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, who testifies for Longbranch about Jack's surgery as a child?
2. Why does Dr. Longbranch express regret that Becka did not bring Jack to his appointment that day?
3. What does Simon Paige say to Jack before the hearing on the grievances against Jack?
4. What concerns Hastings most about Jack's training?
5. Why does Jack briefly consider falling on his sword?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Jack as he and Linda attempt to find sanctuary in a small church near Westminster Abbey? Who does Linda say Jack needs to heal him?
2. At the amusement park, Ellen pretends to throw a slushy on Jack, but misses and hits the water. What happens next? Why did Ellen do this?
3. How did Will and Fitch end up at Raven's Ghyll? For what purpose?
4. What charm does Dr. Longbranch cast on Jack? How does he escape it?
5. Who breaks into Hastings house while Becka and Hastings are out one evening? What does this person want from Jack?
6. Where does Longbranch want Jack to fight? What excuse does Longbranch come up with to hide Jack's death in the fight?
7. Why is Jack called out of class in Chapter 11? What does Jack believe is happening?
8. How does Jack manage to sneak into Ellen's room to speak to her the night before the Games? What is said?
9. For what trip is Jack packing at the end of Chapter 11? What does he pack?
10. Who is the Red Rose warrior? Why does Jack tell Hastings he will not be able to kill this warrior?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)