|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is to be Jack's opponent in the Games?
2. In Chapter 12, who has a champion that it plans on putting forward for a tournament on Midsummer's Day?
(a) The White Rose.
(b) The Red Rose.
(c) The Silver Dragon.
(d) The Silver Bear.
3. Who accuses Hastings of using charms to influence the outcome of the games?
4. What emblem appears on Jack's tunic for the Games?
(a) A Red Rose.
(b) A White Elephant.
(c) A White Rose.
(d) A Silver Dragon.
5. Who explains the rules of the Games to Jack and Ellen before the Games begins?
(d) Simon Paige.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is dyrne sefa?
2. Dr. Longstreet objects to Hastings' warrior for what reason?
3. What does Linda tell Jack that the branch of the family began using as their emblem rather than the Red or White Rose?
4. According to Hastings, what regulates everything at the Games?
5. In Chapter 12, what does Dr. Longbranch guess from Jack's physical condition?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Susannah claim the dragon has awakened? What is the result of this?
2. How does Jack manage to sneak into Ellen's room to speak to her the night before the Games? What is said?
3. What happens to Jack as he and Linda attempt to find sanctuary in a small church near Westminster Abbey? Who does Linda say Jack needs to heal him?
4. Who is ministering Jack when he wakes in Cumbria? How did she get there?
5. Why does Jack stop during a training bout to talk with Jeremiah? What doe he learn?
6. Who breaks into Hastings house while Becka and Hastings are out one evening? What does this person want from Jack?
7. Who is the first to put forth a warrior in the ceremony to register the warriors? Who does not have a warrior? Why not?
8. What threat does Hastings make against Jack's mother to demonstrate what might happen if he refuses to play in the Games?
9. What does Jack learn about Hastings' previous relationship with Linda? What does Hastings say about the women in Jack's family?
10. For what trip is Jack packing at the end of Chapter 11? What does he pack?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)