|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group does Hastings accuse Linda of abandoning to rescue Jack?
(a) The Chaucerian Group.
(b) The Shakesperean Group.
(c) The Trinity High School Soccer club.
(d) The Trinity High School summer camp.
2. What is the Blue Streak?
(a) A roller coaster.
(b) A bus.
(c) A train.
(d) A sports car.
3. Why does Linda claim that Jack's status as a warrior should be overruled?
(a) He is a wizard by blood.
(b) He was made, not born.
(c) He is not fully trained.
(d) He is underage.
4. What concerns Hastings most about Jack's training?
(a) He is still fairly new at it.
(b) He does not know how to handle Shadowslayer yet.
(c) He still seems to be very inept.
(d) He is not very strong yet.
5. Why does Dr. Longbranch suggest a story of Jack's death to Linda?
(a) To prevent Becka from trying to find him after he leaves to join the Games.
(b) To keep Hastings from looking for Jack.
(c) To prevent the Red Rose from knowing he is still alive.
(d) To cover his disappearance when Longbranch takes him to participate in the Games.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changes does Linda see in Jack's body that seem to unnerve her?
2. According to Linda, who was born a warrior in Hastings family?
3. Why does Ellen threaten to pour Jack's drink over his head?
4. In Chapter 12, who has a champion that it plans on putting forward for a tournament on Midsummer's Day?
5. In Chapter 12, what does Dr. Longbranch guess from Jack's physical condition?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jack stop during a training bout to talk with Jeremiah? What doe he learn?
2. Where does Longbranch want Jack to fight? What excuse does Longbranch come up with to hide Jack's death in the fight?
3. What theory does Fitch tell Linda about Susannah's death?
4. How does Jack use magic to keep from hurting Ellen during the first part of the Games? How does this force a change in the rules?
5. What is Raven's Ghyll? Why has Hastings decided to take Jack there through the back way?
6. Why does Susannah claim the dragon has awakened? What is the result of this?
7. Who is the Red Rose warrior? Why does Jack tell Hastings he will not be able to kill this warrior?
8. What habit have Hastings and Becka gotten into since Jack's recovery? How does Jack feel about Becka's continuing presence?
9. Who is the first to put forth a warrior in the ceremony to register the warriors? Who does not have a warrior? Why not?
10. At the amusement park, Ellen pretends to throw a slushy on Jack, but misses and hits the water. What happens next? Why did Ellen do this?
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)