|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what does Jack see in Blaise's mirror before the Games begin?
(a) Himself lying dead in the arena.
(b) A warrior holding Shadowslayer among a great many bodies.
(c) Himself, victorious over Ellen.
(d) A warrior holding Shadowslayer, lying dead beside his opponent.
2. Who surrounds Jack in the moments before the Games are to begin?
(a) His fans.
(b) His friends.
(c) His familiy.
(d) His neighbors.
3. What is the shape of Jack's scar from the surgery he underwent as an infant?
(d) A long, jagged line.
4. What do voices say in Jack's mind as he approaches the grounds where the Games are played?
(a) Old ghosts telling him the history of the area.
(b) Old warriors warning him away.
(c) Old warriors giving him tips.
(d) Old ghosts wishing him luck.
5. What does Jack wish he knew most about the Games?
(a) The experiences of other warriors.
(b) What to expect when he wins.
(c) How they are played.
(d) Who he will fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the weather change after D'Orsay writes in the Rules of Engagement?
2. Who calls Ellen a killer and encourages her to kill Jack even after she has declared a truce?
3. What does Jack learn about Hastings experience with the Games?
4. In Chapter 14, Jeremiah Brooks says he was used by _____________ in the same way Jack is being used now.
5. What new fighting skills does Jack have after Hastings bonds his memories with Jeremiah's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Jack breaks his ankle and refuses to fight any more? What do the judges threaten to do?
2. Why does Susannah claim the dragon has awakened? What is the result of this?
3. At the amusement park, Ellen pretends to throw a slushy on Jack, but misses and hits the water. What happens next? Why did Ellen do this?
4. What do Jack and Ellen learn will happen to a player who forfeits during the Games? What is said about the use of magic by sponsors, spectators, or wagerers?
5. Why does Jack stop during a training bout to talk with Jeremiah? What doe he learn?
6. What threat does Hastings make against Jack's mother to demonstrate what might happen if he refuses to play in the Games?
7. What does Hastings tell Jack will happen if the Rules of Engagement are ever broken? What does this have to do with the origin of the Weir stones?
8. For what trip is Jack packing at the end of Chapter 11? What does he pack?
9. What theory does Fitch tell Linda about Susannah's death?
10. What habit have Hastings and Becka gotten into since Jack's recovery? How does Jack feel about Becka's continuing presence?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)