|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What structure does Fitch want to visit rather than eat lunch with Will?
(a) Westminster Abbey.
(b) Big Ben.
(c) The Louvre.
(d) The Citadel.
2. In Chapter 14, what does Jack find comforting about staying in Cumbria?
(a) The routine.
(b) Hastings' presence.
(c) The library.
(d) His mother.
3. What does Linda tell Jack that the branch of the family began using as their emblem rather than the Red or White Rose?
(a) The Silver Dragon.
(b) The Yellow Rose.
(c) The Green Dragon.
(d) The Silver Bear.
4. What does Jack do with the remnants of his drink that seemed to kill the carp in the river?
(a) Gave it to Linda.
(b) Threw it in the river.
(c) Threw it away.
(d) Put it in a plastic bag.
5. Why does Dr. Longbranch suggest a story of Jack's death to Linda?
(a) To prevent Becka from trying to find him after he leaves to join the Games.
(b) To prevent the Red Rose from knowing he is still alive.
(c) To cover his disappearance when Longbranch takes him to participate in the Games.
(d) To keep Hastings from looking for Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, who identifies the poison in Jack's drink?
2. What gift does Jack buy for Ellen?
3. According to Hastings in Chapter 13, who lives in the area where his family home is located?
4. Linda tells Jack that members of the family in America began marrying what type of people, perhaps leading to him being born without a stone?
5. What does Hastings hope will happen before Linda finds out Jack is playing in the Games?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Linda file a grievance to stop Jack from participating in the Games? Who else files a grievance?
2. What does Jack learn about Hastings' previous relationship with Linda? What does Hastings say about the women in Jack's family?
3. At the amusement park, Ellen pretends to throw a slushy on Jack, but misses and hits the water. What happens next? Why did Ellen do this?
4. What is Raven's Ghyll? Why has Hastings decided to take Jack there through the back way?
5. What charm does Dr. Longbranch cast on Jack? How does he escape it?
6. Who is the Red Rose warrior? Why does Jack tell Hastings he will not be able to kill this warrior?
7. What does Hastings tell Jack will happen if the Rules of Engagement are ever broken? What does this have to do with the origin of the Weir stones?
8. What theory does Fitch tell Linda about Susannah's death?
9. Who is the first to put forth a warrior in the ceremony to register the warriors? Who does not have a warrior? Why not?
10. Where does Longbranch want Jack to fight? What excuse does Longbranch come up with to hide Jack's death in the fight?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)