|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are released in the great hall that contain birds, stones, and butterflies?
(d) Floating baskets.
2. In Chapter 13, whom does Jack remember as sitting vigil with him in the church after he was injured?
(b) Dr. Longbranch.
(d) His mother.
3. What proof does Linda offer for the surgery that left Jack with a warrior's stone rather than a wizard's stone?
(a) Dr. Longbranch's testimony.
(b) His medical records.
(c) His surgical scar.
(d) His prescription medications.
4. What place does Dr. Longbranch suggest for Jack to visit?
(a) The Queen's Palace.
(b) Big Ben.
(c) The Tower.
(d) Westminster Abbey.
5. According to Ellen, who in Wylie's thoughts was working to steal Shadowslayer from Susannah's grave?
(a) Agents of the Silver Dragon.
(b) New Weir who are yet to be identified.
(c) Rogue agents of the Red Rose.
(d) Agents of the White Rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, who has a champion that it plans on putting forward for a tournament on Midsummer's Day?
2. What is the first attack Ellen makes against Jack?
3. In Chapter 17, what does Jack see in Blaise's mirror before the Games begin?
4. Why does Dr. Longbranch express regret that Becka did not bring Jack to his appointment that day?
5. How many bouts does Jeremiah claim to have fought before he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack use magic to keep from hurting Ellen during the first part of the Games? How does this force a change in the rules?
2. Why is Jack called out of class in Chapter 11? What does Jack believe is happening?
3. Who is the first to put forth a warrior in the ceremony to register the warriors? Who does not have a warrior? Why not?
4. What happens to Jack as he and Linda attempt to find sanctuary in a small church near Westminster Abbey? Who does Linda say Jack needs to heal him?
5. How does Jack manage to sneak into Ellen's room to speak to her the night before the Games? What is said?
6. For what reason does Linda tell Jack that Hastings wants to make Jack fight in the Games?
7. Why does Linda file a grievance to stop Jack from participating in the Games? Who else files a grievance?
8. What does Hastings admit to Jack in Cumbria? How does Jack feel about this admission?
9. Who objects to Jack's participation in the Games? For what reason?
10. What theory does Fitch tell Linda about Susannah's death?
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)