|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Blue Streak?
(a) A sports car.
(b) A bus.
(c) A roller coaster.
(d) A train.
2. What group does Hastings accuse Linda of abandoning to rescue Jack?
(a) The Trinity High School summer camp.
(b) The Shakesperean Group.
(c) The Chaucerian Group.
(d) The Trinity High School Soccer club.
3. In Chapter 11, who first suggested they leave their drinks behind while they went on Thunder Canyon?
4. Whom does Hastings make threats against?
(d) Dr. Longbranch.
5. What does Hastings claim he does with Susannah's warrior stone?
(a) Uses it to make himself invincible.
(b) Uses it as a reminder of what he did.
(c) Uses it as a connection to his lost sister.
(d) Uses it as a reminder of a woman he once loved.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes up most of the spectators at the Games as far as Jack can tell in Chapter 15?
2. Why does Dr. Longbranch express regret that Becka did not bring Jack to his appointment that day?
3. In Chapter 14, what does Jack find comforting about staying in Cumbria?
4. What structure exists in Raven's Ghyll?
5. What feature of Hastings' house does Becka extoll to Jack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Raven's Ghyll? Why has Hastings decided to take Jack there through the back way?
2. How does Jack use magic to keep from hurting Ellen during the first part of the Games? How does this force a change in the rules?
3. Why does Jack stop during a training bout to talk with Jeremiah? What doe he learn?
4. What does Hastings tell Jack will happen if the Rules of Engagement are ever broken? What does this have to do with the origin of the Weir stones?
5. How does Jack manage to sneak into Ellen's room to speak to her the night before the Games? What is said?
6. For what trip is Jack packing at the end of Chapter 11? What does he pack?
7. What does Jack learn about Hastings' previous relationship with Linda? What does Hastings say about the women in Jack's family?
8. For what reason does Linda tell Jack that Hastings wants to make Jack fight in the Games?
9. What does Hastings admit to Jack in Cumbria? How does Jack feel about this admission?
10. What happens to Jack as he and Linda attempt to find sanctuary in a small church near Westminster Abbey? Who does Linda say Jack needs to heal him?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)