|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jack almost decide not to attend the end of school excursion in Chapter 11?
(a) His friends will ask too many questions about his night with Ellen.
(b) He does not want to be alone with Leesha.
(c) The bruises on his face will cause too many questions.
(d) He does not want Garrett to beat him up again.
2. What is the shape of Jack's scar from the surgery he underwent as an infant?
(d) A long, jagged line.
3. What does Hastings say is the reward of winning the Games?
(a) The right to love whomever he wants.
(b) Fame and fortune.
4. Who makes up most of the spectators at the Games as far as Jack can tell in Chapter 15?
(a) Weir of all kinds.
(d) Family members.
5. Whom does Hastings make threats against?
(b) Dr. Longbranch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What structure exists in Raven's Ghyll?
2. What speculations does Hastings make about the Red Rose's champion?
3. What is Hastings accused of having done to deserve punishment?
4. Who accuses Hastings of using charms to influence the outcome of the games?
5. Who is to be Jack's opponent in the Games?
Short Essay Questions
1. What habit have Hastings and Becka gotten into since Jack's recovery? How does Jack feel about Becka's continuing presence?
2. Who helps save Jack's life in Chapter 11? How?
3. Who objects to Jack's participation in the Games? For what reason?
4. Who breaks into Hastings house while Becka and Hastings are out one evening? What does this person want from Jack?
5. What is Raven's Ghyll? Why has Hastings decided to take Jack there through the back way?
6. Where does Longbranch want Jack to fight? What excuse does Longbranch come up with to hide Jack's death in the fight?
7. What does Jack learn about Hastings' previous relationship with Linda? What does Hastings say about the women in Jack's family?
8. Who is ministering Jack when he wakes in Cumbria? How did she get there?
9. What does Hastings admit to Jack in Cumbria? How does Jack feel about this admission?
10. Who is the first to put forth a warrior in the ceremony to register the warriors? Who does not have a warrior? Why not?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)