|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, who testifies for Longbranch about Jack's surgery as a child?
(c) Will and Fitch.
(d) Jack's father.
2. What does Hastings hope will happen before Linda finds out Jack is playing in the Games?
(a) Linda will be killed.
(b) It will be over.
(c) Becka will convince her of Jack's worth.
(d) Jack will win.
3. What gift does Jack buy for Ellen?
(a) A diary with a fancy lock.
(b) British football club jerseys.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A model of Westminster Abbey.
4. Who is Claude D'Orsay?
(a) The Weir President.
(b) The leader of the Red Roses.
(c) The Master of Games.
(d) The Council President.
5. What does D'Orsay write in the Rules of Engagement?
(a) A new rule allowing made warriors to fight in the Games.
(b) A new rule against warriors using wizardry.
(c) A new rule against made warriors fighting in the Games.
(d) A new rule allowing warriors to use wizardry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the weather change after D'Orsay writes in the Rules of Engagement?
2. Who accuses Hastings of using charms to influence the outcome of the games?
3. What is the Blue Streak?
4. In Chapter 12, who has a champion that it plans on putting forward for a tournament on Midsummer's Day?
5. What is Hastings accused of having done to deserve punishment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Longbranch want Jack to fight? What excuse does Longbranch come up with to hide Jack's death in the fight?
2. For what reason does Linda tell Jack that Hastings wants to make Jack fight in the Games?
3. Who breaks into Hastings house while Becka and Hastings are out one evening? What does this person want from Jack?
4. How does Jack use magic to keep from hurting Ellen during the first part of the Games? How does this force a change in the rules?
5. What is Raven's Ghyll? Why has Hastings decided to take Jack there through the back way?
6. What do Jack and Ellen learn will happen to a player who forfeits during the Games? What is said about the use of magic by sponsors, spectators, or wagerers?
7. What theory does Fitch tell Linda about Susannah's death?
8. Who is the Red Rose warrior? Why does Jack tell Hastings he will not be able to kill this warrior?
9. For what trip is Jack packing at the end of Chapter 11? What does he pack?
10. What does Jack learn about Hastings' previous relationship with Linda? What does Hastings say about the women in Jack's family?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)