|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jack agree to play in the Games?
(a) To prove his worth as a warrior.
(b) To protect his family and friends.
(c) To help out Hastings.
(d) To prove a wizard can win as a warrior.
2. What speculations does Hastings make about the Red Rose's champion?
(a) He or she is young.
(b) He or she has been in training for only a short time.
(c) He or she is much better than Jack.
(d) He or she is not well experienced.
3. In Chapter 15, what does Jack feel is an appropriate name for the mountain Hastings is forcing him to climb?
(b) Danger Zone.
4. What concerns Hastings most about Jack's training?
(a) He is not very strong yet.
(b) He still seems to be very inept.
(c) He does not know how to handle Shadowslayer yet.
(d) He is still fairly new at it.
5. In Chapter 14, what does Jack find comforting about staying in Cumbria?
(a) The library.
(b) Hastings' presence.
(c) His mother.
(d) The routine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Hastings make threats against?
2. According to Hastings in Chapter 13, who lives in the area where his family home is located?
3. What does Hastings claim he does with Susannah's warrior stone?
4. Linda tells Jack that members of the family in America began marrying what type of people, perhaps leading to him being born without a stone?
5. According to Hastings, what regulates everything at the Games?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hastings admit to Jack in Cumbria? How does Jack feel about this admission?
2. How does Jack manage to sneak into Ellen's room to speak to her the night before the Games? What is said?
3. Who is the first to put forth a warrior in the ceremony to register the warriors? Who does not have a warrior? Why not?
4. What does Hastings tell Jack will happen if the Rules of Engagement are ever broken? What does this have to do with the origin of the Weir stones?
5. Who is ministering Jack when he wakes in Cumbria? How did she get there?
6. What does Jack learn about Hastings' previous relationship with Linda? What does Hastings say about the women in Jack's family?
7. Who objects to Jack's participation in the Games? For what reason?
8. Why does Linda file a grievance to stop Jack from participating in the Games? Who else files a grievance?
9. How did Will and Fitch end up at Raven's Ghyll? For what purpose?
10. What is Raven's Ghyll? Why has Hastings decided to take Jack there through the back way?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)