|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is dyrne sefa?
(a) A stone created by sorcerers that allows Jack and Hastings to appear invisible.
(b) A stone created by sorcereres that allows Hastings to be impervious to injury.
(c) A stone created by sorcerers that allows Jack to defy gravity.
(d) A stone created by sorcerers that allows Jack to be stronger than he is.
2. In Chapter 12, who has a champion that it plans on putting forward for a tournament on Midsummer's Day?
(a) The Red Rose.
(b) The Silver Bear.
(c) The Silver Dragon.
(d) The White Rose.
3. What concerns Hastings most about Jack's training?
(a) He still seems to be very inept.
(b) He is still fairly new at it.
(c) He does not know how to handle Shadowslayer yet.
(d) He is not very strong yet.
4. According to Ellen, who in Wylie's thoughts was working to steal Shadowslayer from Susannah's grave?
(a) Agents of the Silver Dragon.
(b) Agents of the White Rose.
(c) New Weir who are yet to be identified.
(d) Rogue agents of the Red Rose.
5. What place does Dr. Longbranch suggest for Jack to visit?
(a) Westminster Abbey.
(b) Big Ben.
(c) The Tower.
(d) The Queen's Palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hastings say Jack needs to win the Games?
2. What does Linda tell Jack that the branch of the family began using as their emblem rather than the Red or White Rose?
3. According to Linda, who is the premier wizard with the White Rose?
4. In Chapter 12, how does Jack disable Dr. Longbranch?
5. In Chapter 13, whom does Jack remember as sitting vigil with him in the church after he was injured?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Susannah claim the dragon has awakened? What is the result of this?
2. Who is the Red Rose warrior? Why does Jack tell Hastings he will not be able to kill this warrior?
3. Where does Longbranch want Jack to fight? What excuse does Longbranch come up with to hide Jack's death in the fight?
4. How does Jack use magic to keep from hurting Ellen during the first part of the Games? How does this force a change in the rules?
5. Why does Linda file a grievance to stop Jack from participating in the Games? Who else files a grievance?
6. Who is the first to put forth a warrior in the ceremony to register the warriors? Who does not have a warrior? Why not?
7. What is Raven's Ghyll? Why has Hastings decided to take Jack there through the back way?
8. What does Hastings tell Jack will happen if the Rules of Engagement are ever broken? What does this have to do with the origin of the Weir stones?
9. Who helps save Jack's life in Chapter 11? How?
10. What do Jack and Ellen learn will happen to a player who forfeits during the Games? What is said about the use of magic by sponsors, spectators, or wagerers?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)