|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what Indians does Jeremiah claim to have lived?
2. In Chapter 13, whom does Jack remember as sitting vigil with him in the church after he was injured?
(c) Dr. Longbranch.
(d) His mother.
3. Who is Claude D'Orsay?
(a) The leader of the Red Roses.
(b) The Master of Games.
(c) The Weir President.
(d) The Council President.
4. What concerns Hastings most about Jack's training?
(a) He is still fairly new at it.
(b) He still seems to be very inept.
(c) He does not know how to handle Shadowslayer yet.
(d) He is not very strong yet.
5. What is the Blue Streak?
(a) A roller coaster.
(b) A bus.
(c) A train.
(d) A sports car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hastings say is the reward of winning the Games?
2. According to Linda, who is the premier wizard with the White Rose?
3. In Chapter 14, Jeremiah Brooks says he was used by _____________ in the same way Jack is being used now.
4. What is the shape of Jack's scar from the surgery he underwent as an infant?
5. Who accuses Hastings of using charms to influence the outcome of the games?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack manage to sneak into Ellen's room to speak to her the night before the Games? What is said?
2. What happens to Jack as he and Linda attempt to find sanctuary in a small church near Westminster Abbey? Who does Linda say Jack needs to heal him?
3. At the amusement park, Ellen pretends to throw a slushy on Jack, but misses and hits the water. What happens next? Why did Ellen do this?
4. Who is the Red Rose warrior? Why does Jack tell Hastings he will not be able to kill this warrior?
5. What does Hastings tell Jack will happen if the Rules of Engagement are ever broken? What does this have to do with the origin of the Weir stones?
6. Who objects to Jack's participation in the Games? For what reason?
7. What does Hastings admit to Jack in Cumbria? How does Jack feel about this admission?
8. Why does Linda file a grievance to stop Jack from participating in the Games? Who else files a grievance?
9. What does Jack learn about Hastings' previous relationship with Linda? What does Hastings say about the women in Jack's family?
10. Why does Jack stop during a training bout to talk with Jeremiah? What doe he learn?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)