|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linda tell Jack that the branch of the family began using as their emblem rather than the Red or White Rose?
(a) The Silver Dragon.
(b) The Silver Bear.
(c) The Green Dragon.
(d) The Yellow Rose.
2. Who accuses Hastings of using charms to influence the outcome of the games?
3. What is the destination of the train Will and Fitch are waiting for?
4. In Chapter 12, what does Dr. Longbranch guess from Jack's physical condition?
(a) He is still taking the medication.
(b) He is too weak to fight in the Games.
(c) He could fight in the Games even while still taking the medication.
(d) He has stopped taking the medicatioin and has been training.
5. In Chapter 17, what does Jack see in Blaise's mirror before the Games begin?
(a) A warrior holding Shadowslayer among a great many bodies.
(b) Himself, victorious over Ellen.
(c) A warrior holding Shadowslayer, lying dead beside his opponent.
(d) Himself lying dead in the arena.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Linda, who is the premier wizard with the White Rose?
2. Who explains the rules of the Games to Jack and Ellen before the Games begins?
3. Who is to be Jack's opponent in the Games?
4. What does Hastings hope will happen before Linda finds out Jack is playing in the Games?
5. Whose voice does Jack recall hearing in his delirium while he was injured?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who objects to Jack's participation in the Games? For what reason?
2. What threat does Hastings make against Jack's mother to demonstrate what might happen if he refuses to play in the Games?
3. Where does Longbranch want Jack to fight? What excuse does Longbranch come up with to hide Jack's death in the fight?
4. How did Will and Fitch end up at Raven's Ghyll? For what purpose?
5. What happens to Jack as he and Linda attempt to find sanctuary in a small church near Westminster Abbey? Who does Linda say Jack needs to heal him?
6. What do Jack and Ellen learn will happen to a player who forfeits during the Games? What is said about the use of magic by sponsors, spectators, or wagerers?
7. At the amusement park, Ellen pretends to throw a slushy on Jack, but misses and hits the water. What happens next? Why did Ellen do this?
8. Why does Linda file a grievance to stop Jack from participating in the Games? Who else files a grievance?
9. What does Jack learn about Hastings' previous relationship with Linda? What does Hastings say about the women in Jack's family?
10. What happens when Jack breaks his ankle and refuses to fight any more? What do the judges threaten to do?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)