|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Linda, who was born a warrior in Hastings family?
(a) His brother, Martin.
(b) His father, Abe.
(c) His sister, Carrie.
(d) His mother, June.
2. What does Hastings hope will happen before Linda finds out Jack is playing in the Games?
(a) Linda will be killed.
(b) Becka will convince her of Jack's worth.
(c) It will be over.
(d) Jack will win.
3. Who surrounds Jack in the moments before the Games are to begin?
(a) His fans.
(b) His familiy.
(c) His neighbors.
(d) His friends.
4. What place does Dr. Longbranch suggest for Jack to visit?
(a) Westminster Abbey.
(b) The Queen's Palace.
(c) Big Ben.
(d) The Tower.
5. Who is the first to see the dead fish in the river in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Linda tell Jack that the branch of the family began using as their emblem rather than the Red or White Rose?
2. What new weapon has Jack added to his arsenal since taking the memories of Jeremiah Brooks?
3. Where is Jack wounded as he enters a small church in front of Westminster Abbey?
4. Why does Ellen threaten to pour Jack's drink over his head?
5. Who is Claude D'Orsay?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Susannah claim the dragon has awakened? What is the result of this?
2. What happens to Jack as he and Linda attempt to find sanctuary in a small church near Westminster Abbey? Who does Linda say Jack needs to heal him?
3. What do Jack and Ellen learn will happen to a player who forfeits during the Games? What is said about the use of magic by sponsors, spectators, or wagerers?
4. Why is Jack called out of class in Chapter 11? What does Jack believe is happening?
5. What charm does Dr. Longbranch cast on Jack? How does he escape it?
6. Who is the first to put forth a warrior in the ceremony to register the warriors? Who does not have a warrior? Why not?
7. How did Will and Fitch end up at Raven's Ghyll? For what purpose?
8. Who is the Red Rose warrior? Why does Jack tell Hastings he will not be able to kill this warrior?
9. Who breaks into Hastings house while Becka and Hastings are out one evening? What does this person want from Jack?
10. What happens when Jack breaks his ankle and refuses to fight any more? What do the judges threaten to do?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)