|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes does Linda see in Jack's body that seem to unnerve her?
(a) Loss in stature.
(b) Muscle growth.
(c) Weight gain.
(d) A gainin stature.
2. Why does Jack briefly consider falling on his sword?
(a) To keep from facing Ellen in the Games.
(b) To keep from playing in the Games.
(c) To protect his mother from the Wizards.
(d) To protect Linda from the Wizards.
3. Why does Dr. Longbranch express regret that Becka did not bring Jack to his appointment that day?
(a) They could have used Becka to inspire Jack during training.
(b) They could have killed Becka to cover their tracks with Jack.
(c) They could have asked Becka's permission to make Jack participate in the Games.
(d) They could have used Becka as a champion in the Games.
4. Whom does Hastings make threats against?
(b) Dr. Longbranch.
5. What gift does Jack buy for Ellen?
(a) A model of Westminster Abbey.
(b) British football club jerseys.
(c) A diary with a fancy lock.
(d) A necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Fitch see outside of a Christmas shop, apparently hunting for someone?
2. In Chapter 16, who testifies for Longbranch about Jack's surgery as a child?
3. What place does Dr. Longbranch suggest for Jack to visit?
4. In Chapter 11, who identifies the poison in Jack's drink?
5. What does Hastings hope will happen before Linda finds out Jack is playing in the Games?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Longbranch want Jack to fight? What excuse does Longbranch come up with to hide Jack's death in the fight?
2. Why does Linda file a grievance to stop Jack from participating in the Games? Who else files a grievance?
3. Who helps save Jack's life in Chapter 11? How?
4. Who is ministering Jack when he wakes in Cumbria? How did she get there?
5. Who is the Red Rose warrior? Why does Jack tell Hastings he will not be able to kill this warrior?
6. What does Hastings tell Jack will happen if the Rules of Engagement are ever broken? What does this have to do with the origin of the Weir stones?
7. For what reason does Linda tell Jack that Hastings wants to make Jack fight in the Games?
8. How does Jack manage to sneak into Ellen's room to speak to her the night before the Games? What is said?
9. What charm does Dr. Longbranch cast on Jack? How does he escape it?
10. Why does Jack stop during a training bout to talk with Jeremiah? What doe he learn?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)