|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what does Jack see as he visits Westminster Abbey?
(a) Warrior ghosts.
(b) Cool artifacts.
(c) Wizards who want to kidnap him.
(d) His aunt flirting with the caretaker.
2. In Chapter 16, whom did Longbranch want kidnapped and brought to Raven's Ghyll rather than Will and Fitch?
3. What place does Dr. Longbranch suggest for Jack to visit?
(a) Westminster Abbey.
(b) The Queen's Palace.
(c) Big Ben.
(d) The Tower.
4. Becka thinks Jack's ailment is really a ___________.
(a) Shoulder injury.
(b) Leg injury.
(c) Bacterial infection.
5. According to Hastings in Chapter 13, who lives in the area where his family home is located?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Hastings make threats against?
2. Why does Linda claim that Jack's status as a warrior should be overruled?
3. What woman accompanies Susannah to Raven's Ghyll after the dragon awakens?
4. What speculations does Hastings make about the Red Rose's champion?
5. Where was the last Games held?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jack and Ellen learn will happen to a player who forfeits during the Games? What is said about the use of magic by sponsors, spectators, or wagerers?
2. Who breaks into Hastings house while Becka and Hastings are out one evening? What does this person want from Jack?
3. How does Jack use magic to keep from hurting Ellen during the first part of the Games? How does this force a change in the rules?
4. Why is Jack called out of class in Chapter 11? What does Jack believe is happening?
5. What threat does Hastings make against Jack's mother to demonstrate what might happen if he refuses to play in the Games?
6. What theory does Fitch tell Linda about Susannah's death?
7. What happens when Jack breaks his ankle and refuses to fight any more? What do the judges threaten to do?
8. How does Jack manage to sneak into Ellen's room to speak to her the night before the Games? What is said?
9. What does Jack learn about Hastings' previous relationship with Linda? What does Hastings say about the women in Jack's family?
10. Who helps save Jack's life in Chapter 11? How?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)