|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what does Jack see in Blaise's mirror before the Games begin?
(a) A warrior holding Shadowslayer, lying dead beside his opponent.
(b) A warrior holding Shadowslayer among a great many bodies.
(c) Himself lying dead in the arena.
(d) Himself, victorious over Ellen.
2. What happens to the lobby doors when Linda and Jack try to exit through them?
(a) They explode.
(b) They lock.
(c) They burst into flames.
(d) They turn to steal.
3. Why does Jack almost decide not to attend the end of school excursion in Chapter 11?
(a) The bruises on his face will cause too many questions.
(b) His friends will ask too many questions about his night with Ellen.
(c) He does not want to be alone with Leesha.
(d) He does not want Garrett to beat him up again.
4. In Chapter 12, how does Jack disable Dr. Longbranch?
(a) He casts a spell on her.
(b) He touches her shoulder and releases magic into her.
(c) He allows Linda to enchant her.
(d) He hits her on the head with a bed pan.
5. In Chapter 12, what does Jack see as he visits Westminster Abbey?
(a) Cool artifacts.
(b) His aunt flirting with the caretaker.
(c) Warrior ghosts.
(d) Wizards who want to kidnap him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Jack buy for Ellen?
2. What does Hastings say Jack needs to win the Games?
3. What new fighting skills does Jack have after Hastings bonds his memories with Jeremiah's?
4. What does Hastings say is the reward of winning the Games?
5. Who is to be Jack's opponent in the Games?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who objects to Jack's participation in the Games? For what reason?
2. What is Raven's Ghyll? Why has Hastings decided to take Jack there through the back way?
3. How does Jack manage to sneak into Ellen's room to speak to her the night before the Games? What is said?
4. Who is ministering Jack when he wakes in Cumbria? How did she get there?
5. Why does Linda file a grievance to stop Jack from participating in the Games? Who else files a grievance?
6. How does Jack use magic to keep from hurting Ellen during the first part of the Games? How does this force a change in the rules?
7. What happens when Jack breaks his ankle and refuses to fight any more? What do the judges threaten to do?
8. How did Will and Fitch end up at Raven's Ghyll? For what purpose?
9. For what trip is Jack packing at the end of Chapter 11? What does he pack?
10. For what reason does Linda tell Jack that Hastings wants to make Jack fight in the Games?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)