|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, whom did Longbranch want kidnapped and brought to Raven's Ghyll rather than Will and Fitch?
2. According to Linda, who was born a warrior in Hastings family?
(a) His mother, June.
(b) His brother, Martin.
(c) His father, Abe.
(d) His sister, Carrie.
3. According to Hastings in Chapter 13, who lives in the area where his family home is located?
4. What does Hastings say Jack needs to win the Games?
5. According to Ellen, who in Wylie's thoughts was working to steal Shadowslayer from Susannah's grave?
(a) New Weir who are yet to be identified.
(b) Agents of the White Rose.
(c) Rogue agents of the Red Rose.
(d) Agents of the Silver Dragon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What proof does Linda offer for the surgery that left Jack with a warrior's stone rather than a wizard's stone?
2. What are released in the great hall that contain birds, stones, and butterflies?
3. Who calls Ellen a killer and encourages her to kill Jack even after she has declared a truce?
4. Why does Jack briefly consider falling on his sword?
5. In Chapter 12, what does Jack see as he visits Westminster Abbey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Jack as he and Linda attempt to find sanctuary in a small church near Westminster Abbey? Who does Linda say Jack needs to heal him?
2. Who breaks into Hastings house while Becka and Hastings are out one evening? What does this person want from Jack?
3. What threat does Hastings make against Jack's mother to demonstrate what might happen if he refuses to play in the Games?
4. What is Raven's Ghyll? Why has Hastings decided to take Jack there through the back way?
5. What happens when Jack breaks his ankle and refuses to fight any more? What do the judges threaten to do?
6. What theory does Fitch tell Linda about Susannah's death?
7. Who is ministering Jack when he wakes in Cumbria? How did she get there?
8. Why does Susannah claim the dragon has awakened? What is the result of this?
9. At the amusement park, Ellen pretends to throw a slushy on Jack, but misses and hits the water. What happens next? Why did Ellen do this?
10. Why does Jack stop during a training bout to talk with Jeremiah? What doe he learn?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)