|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the lobby doors when Linda and Jack try to exit through them?
(a) They turn to steal.
(b) They explode.
(c) They burst into flames.
(d) They lock.
2. Who is the first to see the dead fish in the river in Chapter 11?
3. Who accuses Hastings of using charms to influence the outcome of the games?
4. In Chapter 11, who first suggested they leave their drinks behind while they went on Thunder Canyon?
5. What does Jack wish he knew most about the Games?
(a) Who he will fight.
(b) What to expect when he wins.
(c) The experiences of other warriors.
(d) How they are played.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, who testifies for Longbranch about Jack's surgery as a child?
2. In Chapter 17, what does Jack see in Blaise's mirror before the Games begin?
3. Whom does Linda interrogate Jack about after his return from the amusement park?
4. Jack learns that ___________ wants him to fight in the Games.
5. Why does Dr. Longbranch express regret that Becka did not bring Jack to his appointment that day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who breaks into Hastings house while Becka and Hastings are out one evening? What does this person want from Jack?
2. Why does Linda file a grievance to stop Jack from participating in the Games? Who else files a grievance?
3. Why does Susannah claim the dragon has awakened? What is the result of this?
4. Who objects to Jack's participation in the Games? For what reason?
5. What does Hastings tell Jack will happen if the Rules of Engagement are ever broken? What does this have to do with the origin of the Weir stones?
6. What threat does Hastings make against Jack's mother to demonstrate what might happen if he refuses to play in the Games?
7. At the amusement park, Ellen pretends to throw a slushy on Jack, but misses and hits the water. What happens next? Why did Ellen do this?
8. What happens to Jack as he and Linda attempt to find sanctuary in a small church near Westminster Abbey? Who does Linda say Jack needs to heal him?
9. What charm does Dr. Longbranch cast on Jack? How does he escape it?
10. Who is the first to put forth a warrior in the ceremony to register the warriors? Who does not have a warrior? Why not?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)