|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Linda interrogate Jack about after his return from the amusement park?
(a) His friends.
(b) His neighbors.
(c) Leander Hastings.
(d) People he saw at the park.
2. According to Linda, who is the premier wizard with the White Rose?
(a) Linda Downey.
(b) Jessamine Longbranch.
(c) Becka Swift.
(d) Leander Hastings.
3. Where is Jack wounded as he enters a small church in front of Westminster Abbey?
(a) In the leg.
(b) In the back.
(c) In the chest.
(d) In the shoulder.
4. What does Linda tell Jack that the branch of the family began using as their emblem rather than the Red or White Rose?
(a) The Green Dragon.
(b) The Yellow Rose.
(c) The Silver Bear.
(d) The Silver Dragon.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 16, why do people continuously knock on Jack's door?
(a) They want to ask him to forfiet to save the Red Rose champion.
(b) They want to meet the mysterious champion.
(c) They want to talk him out of playing.
(d) They want to meet the boy with the implanted stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ellen threaten to pour Jack's drink over his head?
2. Why does Linda claim that Jack's status as a warrior should be overruled?
3. What concerns Hastings most about Jack's training?
4. Dr. Longstreet objects to Hastings' warrior for what reason?
5. What changes does Linda see in Jack's body that seem to unnerve her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is ministering Jack when he wakes in Cumbria? How did she get there?
2. Why does Linda file a grievance to stop Jack from participating in the Games? Who else files a grievance?
3. How did Will and Fitch end up at Raven's Ghyll? For what purpose?
4. How does Jack use magic to keep from hurting Ellen during the first part of the Games? How does this force a change in the rules?
5. Why is Jack called out of class in Chapter 11? What does Jack believe is happening?
6. What is Raven's Ghyll? Why has Hastings decided to take Jack there through the back way?
7. What threat does Hastings make against Jack's mother to demonstrate what might happen if he refuses to play in the Games?
8. What does Jack learn about Hastings' previous relationship with Linda? What does Hastings say about the women in Jack's family?
9. Why does Susannah claim the dragon has awakened? What is the result of this?
10. For what trip is Jack packing at the end of Chapter 11? What does he pack?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)