|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will be Leander Hastings' primary job at Trinity High School?
(b) Disipline and attendance.
(c) Sports director.
(d) Extra curricular activity coordinator.
2. What injury does Jack suffer in the championship game while contributing to the winning goal?
(a) A twisted ankle.
(b) A sprained wrist.
(c) A broken toe.
(d) A bruised rib.
3. What is the name of the cafe where Will, Jack, and Fitch wait repeatedly to meet with Linda or speak to her on the phone?
(c) Golden bird.
4. According to Hastings, who are the people that he conjures up with his charms for Jack to practice against?
(a) Spirits from the Netherland.
(b) Figments of his imagination.
(c) Ghosts from the local cemeteries.
(d) Champions from the past, long dead.
5. How does Linda gain entrance into the courthouse in Coal Grove?
(a) Through a window.
(b) Through a back door.
(c) Through a basement door.
(d) Through a garage door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jack tell Will and Fitch to run when they are confronted by the wizard at the end of Chapter 4?
2. What caused Jack to stay up too late the night before his soccer tryouts?
3. What does Jack see in the mirror Nick gives to him?
4. What is Dr. Longbranch's stone?
5. What does Nick tell Jack is the main product among agents in the Trade?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jack forget to take his medication on the morning of the soccer tryouts?
2. What surgery did Dr. Longbranch perform on Jackson Swift as an infant? For what reason?
3. In Chapter 5, why is Jack surprised by the identity of his new trainer?
4. What does Linda tell Jack in Chapter 5 that explains the need for the sword?
5. In Chapter 10, where does Jack learn his friends will be spending the summer? Where does Jack learn Ellen will be over the summer?
6. What happens the first time Hastings sends Jack an opponent in his special arena?
7. In Chapter 2, where does Becka tell Jack she has gotten a fellowship for that summer?
8. Who finally discovers the location of Susannah's grave? Where is it?
9. Who is listed as the person who found Susannah's body after her death? What is the significance of this?
10. In Chapter 8, what does Nick begin to teach Jack? What does Nick give to Jack?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)