|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what problems does Jack point out about the Rules of Engagement?
(a) It is written in a difficult language.
(b) It is unclear about certain key points.
(c) It is inherently unfair to Wizards.
(d) It is outdated.
2. In what year does Lee's story take place?
3. One whole room of Nick's apartment is dedicated to _____________.
(b) Model airplanes.
(d) Movie posters.
4. In Chapter 6, what damage does Longbranch notice in Wylie's face when he arrives for a dinner party?
(a) A cut on his cheek.
(b) A burn along the right side.
(c) Bruising around his eyes.
(d) A broken nose.
5. According to Hastings, who are the people that he conjures up with his charms for Jack to practice against?
(a) Champions from the past, long dead.
(b) Spirits from the Netherland.
(c) Ghosts from the local cemeteries.
(d) Figments of his imagination.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of surgery does Jack believe Dr. Longbranch performed on him when he was an infant?
2. What is Mr. Hastings response when Jack asks if the power he feels when he holds Shadowslayer is coming from the sword or from within himself?
3. In Chapter 10, what does Jack say he would like to be when he grows up?
4. Where does Mr. Hastings take Jack in Chapter 7 for their first training session?
5. Whose mother is a member of the school board?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who confronts Jack after the championship game? What happens?
2. In Chapter 7, how does Hastings force Jack to manifest his powers?
3. In Chapter 7, what is the first thing Hastings wants Jack to learn to do with his powers?
4. In Chapter 6, what immediate impact does Jack feel from his new medication?
5. What does Lee find when he returns home? What does Lee know about who is responsible for what he finds?
6. What does Linda tell Jack in Chapter 5 that explains the need for the sword?
7. In Chapter 10, where does Jack learn his friends will be spending the summer? Where does Jack learn Ellen will be over the summer?
8. What does Jack do when he remembers that he forgot to take his medication?
9. In Chapter 2, what object does Jack receive from Mercedes? How does Linda encourage him to wear it?
10. In Chapter 8, what does Hastings teach Jack about the Games? How does Jack feel about what he is learning?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)