|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does Jack say he would like to be when he grows up?
2. What is Dr. Longbranch's stone?
3. What does Mr. Hastings tell Jack is the first step to controlling his powers?
4. In what year does Lee's story take place?
5. Why does Jack believe in Chapter 3 that Linda did not ask him to drive?
(a) He would not drive fast enough.
(b) She does not want him to damage her car.
(c) He is not experienced enough.
(d) He does not have his learner's permit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Linda tell Jack is a possible reason why he was born without his crystal?
2. What is the occupation of Lee's father?
3. Where was Carrie hiding when Lee found her?
4. What does Jack realize is fairly routine for his aunt in Chapter 5?
5. What explanation does Will make for Garrett slamming into the net during soccer tryouts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who confronts Jack after the championship game? What happens?
2. With whom does Jack get into a confrontation with during soccer tryouts? Why?
3. What happens the first time Hastings sends Jack an opponent in his special arena?
4. What surgery did Dr. Longbranch perform on Jackson Swift as an infant? For what reason?
5. In Chapter 7, how does Hastings force Jack to manifest his powers?
6. In Chapter 8, what does Hastings teach Jack about the Games? How does Jack feel about what he is learning?
7. What does Linda tell Jack in Chapter 5 that explains the need for the sword?
8. What does Jack do when he remembers that he forgot to take his medication?
9. What do Jack, Will, and Fitch find at Susannah's grave? Who tries to take it from Jack?
10. What does Lee find when he returns home? What does Lee know about who is responsible for what he finds?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)