|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linda tell Jack is a possible reason why he was born without his crystal?
(a) The spell of a wizard.
(b) Mixed blood.
(c) A simple birth defect.
(d) His father's family history.
2. What do the two strangers steal from the soccer coach at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) The tryout list.
(b) His car keys.
(c) The team roster.
(d) His soccer balls.
3. In Chapter 6, Nick tells Jack that ___________created his Weirbook.
4. In Chapter 10, what does Jack say he would like to be when he grows up?
5. How long had Lee's family been on the run before returning to their home as Lee describes in the beginning of the prologue?
(a) A month.
(b) Six months.
(c) A week.
(d) A fortnight.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hastings, who are the people that he conjures up with his charms for Jack to practice against?
2. What is Dr. Longbranch's stone?
3. Rather than attend a party, Jack decides to walk home with whom in Chapter 10?
4. Whom does Linda tell Jack in Chapter 5 that he should not trust?
5. Where does Jack tell Will and Fitch to run when they are confronted by the wizard at the end of Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Hastings teach Jack about the Games? How does Jack feel about what he is learning?
2. In Chapter 6, what immediate impact does Jack feel from his new medication?
3. In Chapter 10, where does Jack learn his friends will be spending the summer? Where does Jack learn Ellen will be over the summer?
4. What does Lee find when he returns home? What does Lee know about who is responsible for what he finds?
5. What voices does Jack hear at Susannah's grave? What do they say? Why does he hear them?
6. What reason does the leader of the Red Roses give for the murder of Lee's father?
7. What surgery did Dr. Longbranch perform on Jackson Swift as an infant? For what reason?
8. In Chapter 7, what is the first thing Hastings wants Jack to learn to do with his powers?
9. In Chapter 3, whose grave is Linda attempting to find? How old was this person when she died?
10. What does Nick give to Jack in Chapter 6? What is the purpose of this item?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)