|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does Jack think his training is leading him toward?
(a) Greater understanding of Weir.
(b) To protect his aunt from wizards.
(c) Some kind of challenge.
(d) To protect himself from kidnappers.
2. What stone should Dr. Longbranch have inserted in Jack during the surgery?
(a) An enchanter's stone.
(b) A wizard stone.
(c) A sorcerer stone.
(d) A warrior stone.
3. Why does Linda want to go to Coalton County in Chapter 2?
(a) Research for a book.
(b) A vacation.
(c) Antique shopping.
(d) Genealogy research.
4. Why does Will quickly agree to go to Coalton County with Jack and his aunt in Chapter 2?
(a) He wants to stay in a hotel with a pool.
(b) He thinks Linda is pretty.
(c) He likes to help people out.
(d) He wants to escape family game night.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what type of fighting are Jack and Mr. Hastings participating in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Becka not good at that Jack had to take control of as a young child?
2. Who is with Becka in the kitchen when Jack awakes in Chapter 2?
3. In what year does Lee's story take place?
4. What does Jack see in the mirror Nick gives to him?
5. In Chapter 9, why does Hastings say he can no longer serve as Jack's opponent?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what is the first thing Hastings wants Jack to learn to do with his powers?
2. Why does Jack forget to take his medication on the morning of the soccer tryouts?
3. What does Nick give to Jack in Chapter 6? What is the purpose of this item?
4. In Chapter 5, why is Jack surprised by the identity of his new trainer?
5. What does Linda tell Jack in Chapter 5 that explains the need for the sword?
6. In Chapter 7, how does Hastings force Jack to manifest his powers?
7. Who confronts Jack after the championship game? What happens?
8. In Chapter 3, whose grave is Linda attempting to find? How old was this person when she died?
9. What surgery did Dr. Longbranch perform on Jackson Swift as an infant? For what reason?
10. How does Linda suggest Dr. Longbranch can keep Jack from developing his powers in order to allow him to live securely and in secret with his parents until he reaches maturity?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)