|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Linda tells everyone her job is _______________.
(a) Selling art.
(b) Selling antiques.
(c) Selling real estate.
(d) Painting portraits.
2. Who once brought Linda to these ruins and told her of the tragedy that took place there?
3. What does Fitch find odd about the man who attacked them in the courthouse in Chapter 3?
(a) He would risk damaging the records.
(b) He did not set off any alarms.
(c) He was calm.
(d) He carried a sword.
4. How many people appear to be searching for Jack as he makes his way home?
5. What does the newspaper article Jack finds in the library say about the cause of death for Susannah Downy?
(a) A broken neck.
(b) A gun wound.
(c) A gash to the chest.
(d) Crush injuries from a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Will quickly agree to go to Coalton County with Jack and his aunt in Chapter 2?
2. What do the two strangers steal from the soccer coach at the end of Chapter 1?
3. What is the name carved on the ruins Linda visits at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. What do Jack, Will, and Fitch do after leaving the library in Chapter 4?
5. What class do Jack and Ellen discuss in homeroom in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Jack is attacked by a man with a saber, but does not suffer any injury. How is this possible?
2. In Chapter 6, what immediate impact does Jack feel from his new medication?
3. What surgery did Dr. Longbranch perform on Jackson Swift as an infant? For what reason?
4. In Chapter 10, where does Jack learn his friends will be spending the summer? Where does Jack learn Ellen will be over the summer?
5. In Chapter 9, how does Hastings create an arena for Jack to fight in? What is special about this arena?
6. What voices does Jack hear at Susannah's grave? What do they say? Why does he hear them?
7. In Chapter 2, where does Becka tell Jack she has gotten a fellowship for that summer?
8. In Chapter 7, what is the first thing Hastings wants Jack to learn to do with his powers?
9. In Chapter 2, what object does Jack receive from Mercedes? How does Linda encourage him to wear it?
10. In Chapter 3, whose grave is Linda attempting to find? How old was this person when she died?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)