|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Linda want to go to Coalton County in Chapter 2?
(a) Research for a book.
(b) Antique shopping.
(c) A vacation.
(d) Genealogy research.
2. In what year does Lee's story take place?
3. In Chapter 9, what happens when Hastings drives Jack home to get Shadowslayer before their practice session?
(a) Mercedes makes Hastings leave.
(b) Hastings flirts with Becka.
(c) Hastings is rude to Becka.
(d) Nick and Hastings argue.
4. What is the name of the cafe where Will, Jack, and Fitch wait repeatedly to meet with Linda or speak to her on the phone?
(c) Golden bird.
5. What is the occupation of Lee's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. One whole room of Nick's apartment is dedicated to _____________.
2. What is different about Susannah's grave as compared to the graves around it?
3. What does Mr. Hastings tell Jack is the first step to controlling his powers?
4. What occupation was listed for Susannah Downy in the records at the courthouse in Chapter 3?
5. What does the newspaper article Jack finds in the library say about the cause of death for Susannah Downy?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 9, how does Hastings create an arena for Jack to fight in? What is special about this arena?
2. In Chapter 2, what object does Jack receive from Mercedes? How does Linda encourage him to wear it?
3. With whom does Jack get into a confrontation with during soccer tryouts? Why?
4. Who is ministering Jack when he wakes in Cumbria? How did she get there?
5. What do Jack and Ellen learn will happen to a player who forfeits during the Games? What is said about the use of magic by sponsors, spectators, or wagerers?
6. What does Linda tell Jack in Chapter 5 that explains the need for the sword?
7. What reason does the leader of the Red Roses give for the murder of Lee's father?
8. Who objects to Jack's participation in the Games? For what reason?
9. What do Ellen and Jack still do even though they are no longer required to train to fight in the Games? For what reason?
10. Who helps save Jack's life in Chapter 11? How?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)