|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jack tell Will and Fitch to run when they are confronted by the wizard at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) The church.
(b) The grave.
(c) The car.
(d) The hotel.
2. Sam Hadley tells Jack he is __________.
(a) A college professor.
(b) An archeologist.
(c) A historian.
(d) A genealogy researcher.
3. What is Mr. Hastings response when Jack asks if the power he feels when he holds Shadowslayer is coming from the sword or from within himself?
4. What happens to the wizard following Linda into the ruins when he steps into the yard?
(a) He disappears.
(b) He is attacked by mythical creatures.
(c) He falls to the ground in pain.
(d) He dies.
5. What is the name carved on the ruins Linda visits at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) L. Hastings.
(c) A. Hastynges.
(d) A. Hastens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of surgery does Jack believe Dr. Longbranch performed on him when he was an infant?
2. In Chapter 9, what does Jack think his training is leading him toward?
3. What is the name of the wizard who follows Linda to the ruins?
4. In Chapter 6, why does Jack tell Becka he has moved his medicine to the bathroom?
5. What is the occupation of Lee's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Hastings teach Jack about the Games? How does Jack feel about what he is learning?
2. In Chapter 9, how does Hastings create an arena for Jack to fight in? What is special about this arena?
3. In Chapter 3, whose grave is Linda attempting to find? How old was this person when she died?
4. In Chapter 5, why is Jack surprised by the identity of his new trainer?
5. In Chapter 3, Jack is attacked by a man with a saber, but does not suffer any injury. How is this possible?
6. In Chapter 7, what is the first thing Hastings wants Jack to learn to do with his powers?
7. What does Nick give to Jack in Chapter 6? What is the purpose of this item?
8. In Chapter 2, where does Becka tell Jack she has gotten a fellowship for that summer?
9. What does Linda tell Jack in Chapter 5 that explains the need for the sword?
10. What do Jack, Will, and Fitch find at Susannah's grave? Who tries to take it from Jack?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)