|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jack tell Will and Fitch to run when they are confronted by the wizard at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) The hotel.
(b) The car.
(c) The grave.
(d) The church.
2. In Chapter 6, why does Jack worry that hiding his powers might become difficult?
(a) They tend to manifest during soccer play.
(b) They create great lights from his fingers.
(c) They make his arm muscles grow extremely large overnight.
(d) They cause him to lose control of his limbs.
3. One whole room of Nick's apartment is dedicated to _____________.
(a) Model airplanes.
(c) Movie posters.
4. When Jack gets the vest from Mercedes, what other gift from Mercedes does it remind him of?
(a) A baby blanket.
(b) A favorite teddy bear.
(c) A childhood sweater.
(d) A pair of baby booties.
5. What reason does Mr. Hastings give Jack for coming to Ohio from New York?
(a) He could not refuse Becka.
(b) He wanted to become a teacher.
(c) He wanted to meet the warrior that should have been a wizard.
(d) He could not say no to Linda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hastings tell Jack to think of his opponents in the arena he has created?
2. What is Mr. Hastings response when Jack asks if the power he feels when he holds Shadowslayer is coming from the sword or from within himself?
3. What do Jack, Will, and Fitch do after leaving the library in Chapter 4?
4. What does Fitch find odd about the man who attacked them in the courthouse in Chapter 3?
5. Why does Will not want Linda to drop him off at his house at the end of the weekend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens the first time Hastings sends Jack an opponent in his special arena?
2. With whom does Jack get into a confrontation with during soccer tryouts? Why?
3. In Chapter 5, why is Jack surprised by the identity of his new trainer?
4. What does Nick give to Jack in Chapter 6? What is the purpose of this item?
5. What voices does Jack hear at Susannah's grave? What do they say? Why does he hear them?
6. What do Jack, Will, and Fitch find at Susannah's grave? Who tries to take it from Jack?
7. Why does Jack forget to take his medication on the morning of the soccer tryouts?
8. In Chapter 8, what does Hastings teach Jack about the Games? How does Jack feel about what he is learning?
9. What does Lee find when he returns home? What does Lee know about who is responsible for what he finds?
10. In Chapter 7, what is the first thing Hastings wants Jack to learn to do with his powers?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)