|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what stone is Lee the only one of four children to show the telltale signs?
2. Why does Linda want to go to Coalton County in Chapter 2?
(a) Research for a book.
(b) Genealogy research.
(c) Antique shopping.
(d) A vacation.
3. What class do Jack and Ellen discuss in homeroom in Chapter 1?
4. According to Hastings, who are the people that he conjures up with his charms for Jack to practice against?
(a) Spirits from the Netherland.
(b) Champions from the past, long dead.
(c) Figments of his imagination.
(d) Ghosts from the local cemeteries.
5. What does Jack realize is fairly routine for his aunt in Chapter 5?
(a) Spending money like it grows on trees.
(b) Using fake IDs, switching cars.
(c) Lying to the people who are closest to her.
(d) Trying to lose guys who want to date her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Linda gain entrance into the courthouse in Coal Grove?
2. Where did Dr. Longbranch get the stone that she implanted in Jack?
3. What object does Mr. Hastings want Jack to move with nothing but his magic?
4. Who does Linda tell Jack are the most powerful among the weirs?
5. What occupation was listed for Susannah Downy in the records at the courthouse in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is listed as the person who found Susannah's body after her death? What is the significance of this?
2. In Chapter 7, how does Hastings force Jack to manifest his powers?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Hastings teach Jack about the Games? How does Jack feel about what he is learning?
4. With whom does Jack get into a confrontation with during soccer tryouts? Why?
5. What does Linda tell Jack in Chapter 5 that explains the need for the sword?
6. What voices does Jack hear at Susannah's grave? What do they say? Why does he hear them?
7. In Chapter 5, why is Jack surprised by the identity of his new trainer?
8. In Chapter 10, where does Jack learn his friends will be spending the summer? Where does Jack learn Ellen will be over the summer?
9. Who confronts Jack after the championship game? What happens?
10. What does Jack do when he remembers that he forgot to take his medication?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)