|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rather than attend a party, Jack decides to walk home with whom in Chapter 10?
2. In Chapter 6, why does Jack tell Becka he has moved his medicine to the bathroom?
(a) It's more convenient to keep it with the other medicines.
(b) It tastes better first thing in the morning.
(c) He can remember it better if he sees it first thing in the morning.
(d) It will be easier to remember if he takes it before brushing his teeth.
3. What is the Rules of Engagement?
(a) The bible of the Weir tournament.
(b) The bible of Warrior techniques.
(c) A manual explaning swordplay.
(d) A book that teaches war techniques.
4. What happens to the wizard following Linda into the ruins when he steps into the yard?
(a) He dies.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He falls to the ground in pain.
(d) He is attacked by mythical creatures.
5. In Chapter 6, what damage does Longbranch notice in Wylie's face when he arrives for a dinner party?
(a) Bruising around his eyes.
(b) A broken nose.
(c) A cut on his cheek.
(d) A burn along the right side.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what happens when Hastings drives Jack home to get Shadowslayer before their practice session?
2. Who suggests in Chapter 3 that Linda separate from the boys in Coal Grove to draw off the strange attacker?
3. In Chapter 10, what was the final score of the championship game in soccer?
4. What reason does Mr. Hastings give Jack for coming to Ohio from New York?
5. Whom does Jack notice as paying more romantic interest in him despite her boyfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens the first time Hastings sends Jack an opponent in his special arena?
2. What does Jack tell Nick about missing his medication? What does Nick say about Jack's reaction?
3. In Chapter 10, where does Jack learn his friends will be spending the summer? Where does Jack learn Ellen will be over the summer?
4. Why does Jack forget to take his medication on the morning of the soccer tryouts?
5. What voices does Jack hear at Susannah's grave? What do they say? Why does he hear them?
6. In Chapter 3, Jack is attacked by a man with a saber, but does not suffer any injury. How is this possible?
7. In Chapter 8, what does Hastings teach Jack about the Games? How does Jack feel about what he is learning?
8. With whom does Jack get into a confrontation with during soccer tryouts? Why?
9. Who is listed as the person who found Susannah's body after her death? What is the significance of this?
10. In Chapter 7, what is the first thing Hastings wants Jack to learn to do with his powers?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)