|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests in Chapter 3 that Linda separate from the boys in Coal Grove to draw off the strange attacker?
2. What do Jack, Will, and Fitch do after leaving the library in Chapter 4?
(a) Go shopping for supplies.
(b) Go to find Linda.
(c) Go to have lunch.
(d) Go back to the hotel to swim.
3. In Chapter 6, why does Jack worry that hiding his powers might become difficult?
(a) They tend to manifest during soccer play.
(b) They cause him to lose control of his limbs.
(c) They make his arm muscles grow extremely large overnight.
(d) They create great lights from his fingers.
4. Who was Jack's former girlfriend?
5. What does Jack see in the mirror Nick gives to him?
(a) His aunt being attacked.
(b) His mother being attacked.
(c) Himself dying in the tournament.
(d) Himself being sold at auction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Jack notice as paying more romantic interest in him despite her boyfriend?
2. When Jack gets the vest from Mercedes, what other gift from Mercedes does it remind him of?
3. What does Nick tell Jack is the main product among agents in the Trade?
4. What is the Rules of Engagement?
5. What does Linda tell Jack is a possible reason why he was born without his crystal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack tell Nick about missing his medication? What does Nick say about Jack's reaction?
2. Who is listed as the person who found Susannah's body after her death? What is the significance of this?
3. What reason does the leader of the Red Roses give for the murder of Lee's father?
4. In Chapter 3, Jack is attacked by a man with a saber, but does not suffer any injury. How is this possible?
5. In Chapter 10, where does Jack learn his friends will be spending the summer? Where does Jack learn Ellen will be over the summer?
6. In Chapter 8, what does Nick begin to teach Jack? What does Nick give to Jack?
7. What does Nick give to Jack in Chapter 6? What is the purpose of this item?
8. In Chapter 6, what immediate impact does Jack feel from his new medication?
9. What surgery did Dr. Longbranch perform on Jackson Swift as an infant? For what reason?
10. Why does Jack forget to take his medication on the morning of the soccer tryouts?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)