|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, why does Jack worry that hiding his powers might become difficult?
(a) They cause him to lose control of his limbs.
(b) They create great lights from his fingers.
(c) They make his arm muscles grow extremely large overnight.
(d) They tend to manifest during soccer play.
2. What explanation does Will make for Garrett slamming into the net during soccer tryouts?
(a) He stumbled over the ball.
(b) He tripped.
(c) Fitch pushed him.
(d) Jack pushed him.
3. In Chapter 10, whom does Jack discover at his house when he arrives home after his fight with Lobeck?
4. What will be Leander Hastings' primary job at Trinity High School?
(a) Disipline and attendance.
(c) Extra curricular activity coordinator.
(d) Sports director.
5. What is the name carved on the ruins Linda visits at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(b) A. Hastynges.
(c) L. Hastings.
(d) A. Hastens.
Short Answer Questions
1. One whole room of Nick's apartment is dedicated to _____________.
2. In Chapter 10, what does Jack say he would like to be when he grows up?
3. Linda tells everyone her job is _______________.
4. In Chapter 8, what problems does Jack point out about the Rules of Engagement?
5. Where does Linda take Jack to tell him the secrets of his heritage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is listed as the person who found Susannah's body after her death? What is the significance of this?
2. What does Jack tell Nick about missing his medication? What does Nick say about Jack's reaction?
3. What reason does the leader of the Red Roses give for the murder of Lee's father?
4. What does Lee find when he returns home? What does Lee know about who is responsible for what he finds?
5. In Chapter 5, why is Jack surprised by the identity of his new trainer?
6. In Chapter 8, what does Hastings teach Jack about the Games? How does Jack feel about what he is learning?
7. How does Linda suggest Dr. Longbranch can keep Jack from developing his powers in order to allow him to live securely and in secret with his parents until he reaches maturity?
8. In Chapter 7, how does Hastings force Jack to manifest his powers?
9. Who confronts Jack after the championship game? What happens?
10. In Chapter 8, what does Nick begin to teach Jack? What does Nick give to Jack?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)