|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two strangers steal from the soccer coach at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) The team roster.
(b) The tryout list.
(c) His car keys.
(d) His soccer balls.
2. What is the occupation of Lee's father?
3. What is the name of the wizard who follows Linda to the ruins?
4. What stone should Dr. Longbranch have inserted in Jack during the surgery?
(a) A wizard stone.
(b) A sorcerer stone.
(c) An enchanter's stone.
(d) A warrior stone.
5. What is Becka not good at that Jack had to take control of as a young child?
(b) Keeping a budget.
(d) Cleaning the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Hastings response when Jack asks if the power he feels when he holds Shadowslayer is coming from the sword or from within himself?
2. Why does Will not want Linda to drop him off at his house at the end of the weekend?
3. Why does Jack believe in Chapter 3 that Linda did not ask him to drive?
4. Sam Hadley tells Jack he is __________.
5. What does the newspaper article Jack finds in the library say about the cause of death for Susannah Downy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does the leader of the Red Roses give for the murder of Lee's father?
2. In Chapter 3, Jack is attacked by a man with a saber, but does not suffer any injury. How is this possible?
3. What does Jack tell Nick about missing his medication? What does Nick say about Jack's reaction?
4. Who is listed as the person who found Susannah's body after her death? What is the significance of this?
5. What does Lee find when he returns home? What does Lee know about who is responsible for what he finds?
6. What does Jack do when he remembers that he forgot to take his medication?
7. Why does Jack forget to take his medication on the morning of the soccer tryouts?
8. What do Jack, Will, and Fitch find at Susannah's grave? Who tries to take it from Jack?
9. How does Linda suggest Dr. Longbranch can keep Jack from developing his powers in order to allow him to live securely and in secret with his parents until he reaches maturity?
10. What does Linda tell Jack in Chapter 5 that explains the need for the sword?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)