|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jack believe in Chapter 3 that Linda did not ask him to drive?
(a) He does not have his learner's permit.
(b) He would not drive fast enough.
(c) He is not experienced enough.
(d) She does not want him to damage her car.
2. What does Jack see in the mirror Nick gives to him?
(a) His mother being attacked.
(b) Himself being sold at auction.
(c) Himself dying in the tournament.
(d) His aunt being attacked.
3. What stone should Dr. Longbranch have inserted in Jack during the surgery?
(a) A sorcerer stone.
(b) An enchanter's stone.
(c) A warrior stone.
(d) A wizard stone.
4. What is Mr. Hastings response when Jack asks if the power he feels when he holds Shadowslayer is coming from the sword or from within himself?
5. Why does Will quickly agree to go to Coalton County with Jack and his aunt in Chapter 2?
(a) He thinks Linda is pretty.
(b) He wants to stay in a hotel with a pool.
(c) He likes to help people out.
(d) He wants to escape family game night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Linda say can be the only one to open the object Jack is to find at Susannah's grave?
2. Who once brought Linda to these ruins and told her of the tragedy that took place there?
3. What do Jack, Will, and Fitch do after leaving the library in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 6, why does Jack tell Becka he has moved his medicine to the bathroom?
5. Why does Will not want Linda to drop him off at his house at the end of the weekend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jack stop during a training bout to talk with Jeremiah? What doe he learn?
2. What reason does the leader of the Red Roses give for the murder of Lee's father?
3. Who helps save Jack's life in Chapter 11? How?
4. In Chapter 2, what object does Jack receive from Mercedes? How does Linda encourage him to wear it?
5. Who is the Red Rose warrior? Why does Jack tell Hastings he will not be able to kill this warrior?
6. In Chapter 3, Jack is attacked by a man with a saber, but does not suffer any injury. How is this possible?
7. In Chapter 10, where does Jack learn his friends will be spending the summer? Where does Jack learn Ellen will be over the summer?
8. Why does Linda file a grievance to stop Jack from participating in the Games? Who else files a grievance?
9. Whom does Ellen live with when she returns to Trinity? What excuse is given for her missing parents?
10. Who breaks into Hastings house while Becka and Hastings are out one evening? What does this person want from Jack?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)