|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what type of fighting are Jack and Mr. Hastings participating in?
2. In Chapter 10, what does Jack say he would like to be when he grows up?
3. What class do Jack and Ellen discuss in homeroom in Chapter 1?
4. What does Mr. Hastings tell Jack is the first step to controlling his powers?
5. Whom does Jack notice as paying more romantic interest in him despite her boyfriend?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Dr. Longbranch get the stone that she implanted in Jack?
2. Why does Linda want to go to Coalton County in Chapter 2?
3. One whole room of Nick's apartment is dedicated to _____________.
4. What is the cause of death listed for Susannah Downy in the courthouse records found in Chapter 3?
5. From what point of view is the novel written?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack do when he remembers that he forgot to take his medication?
2. In Chapter 8, what does Hastings teach Jack about the Games? How does Jack feel about what he is learning?
3. In Chapter 2, where does Becka tell Jack she has gotten a fellowship for that summer?
4. In Chapter 3, whose grave is Linda attempting to find? How old was this person when she died?
5. What does Nick give to Jack in Chapter 6? What is the purpose of this item?
6. In Chapter 5, why is Jack surprised by the identity of his new trainer?
7. What does Lee find when he returns home? What does Lee know about who is responsible for what he finds?
8. What voices does Jack hear at Susannah's grave? What do they say? Why does he hear them?
9. Who confronts Jack after the championship game? What happens?
10. In Chapter 7, how does Hastings force Jack to manifest his powers?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)