|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nick call Leander Hastings?
(a) A Sorcerer, one who can use spells to get his way.
(b) A rogue Warrior, meaning he does not follow the rules.
(c) A Master, one who knows many magical arts.
(d) An International Criminal, wanted by all the weirs for crimes against the Rules of Engagement.
2. What does Jack realize is fairly routine for his aunt in Chapter 5?
(a) Trying to lose guys who want to date her.
(b) Lying to the people who are closest to her.
(c) Using fake IDs, switching cars.
(d) Spending money like it grows on trees.
3. What class do Jack and Ellen discuss in homeroom in Chapter 1?
4. What type of surgery does Jack believe Dr. Longbranch performed on him when he was an infant?
(a) Brain surgery.
(b) Liver surgery.
(c) Lung surgery.
(d) Heart surgery.
5. Of what stone is Lee the only one of four children to show the telltale signs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose mother is a member of the school board?
2. What is the cause of death listed for Susannah Downy in the courthouse records found in Chapter 3?
3. What truth does Jack learn about many of his neighbors that surprises him?
4. Whom does Linda tell Jack in Chapter 5 that he should not trust?
5. Who once brought Linda to these ruins and told her of the tragedy that took place there?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what immediate impact does Jack feel from his new medication?
2. In Chapter 10, where does Jack learn his friends will be spending the summer? Where does Jack learn Ellen will be over the summer?
3. In Chapter 5, why is Jack surprised by the identity of his new trainer?
4. What does Nick give to Jack in Chapter 6? What is the purpose of this item?
5. With whom does Jack get into a confrontation with during soccer tryouts? Why?
6. What happens the first time Hastings sends Jack an opponent in his special arena?
7. In Chapter 3, Jack is attacked by a man with a saber, but does not suffer any injury. How is this possible?
8. What voices does Jack hear at Susannah's grave? What do they say? Why does he hear them?
9. In Chapter 2, where does Becka tell Jack she has gotten a fellowship for that summer?
10. In Chapter 8, what does Hastings teach Jack about the Games? How does Jack feel about what he is learning?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)