|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linda tell Jack he will find at Susannah's grave?
(a) A treasure box.
(b) A Weirbook.
(c) A weapon.
(d) A diary.
2. What stone should Dr. Longbranch have inserted in Jack during the surgery?
(a) A warrior stone.
(b) A sorcerer stone.
(c) A wizard stone.
(d) An enchanter's stone.
3. Why does Will not want Linda to drop him off at his house at the end of the weekend?
(a) He wants to avoid his many younger siblings.
(b) He is afraid his parents are angry with him.
(c) He wants to spend more time with Linda.
(d) There is still mulch to be spread.
4. What object does Mr. Hastings want Jack to move with nothing but his magic?
(a) A glass.
(b) A ball.
(c) A top.
(d) A fencing sword.
5. Where does Jack tell Will and Fitch to run when they are confronted by the wizard at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) The grave.
(b) The church.
(c) The car.
(d) The hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Hastings tell Jack is the first step to controlling his powers?
2. What does Jack suddenly realize about his aunt at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. How long had Lee's family been on the run before returning to their home as Lee describes in the beginning of the prologue?
4. In Chapter 9, what happens when Hastings drives Jack home to get Shadowslayer before their practice session?
5. What is the name of the wizard who follows Linda to the ruins?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, whose grave is Linda attempting to find? How old was this person when she died?
2. With whom does Jack get into a confrontation with during soccer tryouts? Why?
3. Who is ministering Jack when he wakes in Cumbria? How did she get there?
4. In Chapter 2, what object does Jack receive from Mercedes? How does Linda encourage him to wear it?
5. In Chapter 10, where does Jack learn his friends will be spending the summer? Where does Jack learn Ellen will be over the summer?
6. What do Ellen and Jack still do even though they are no longer required to train to fight in the Games? For what reason?
7. In Chapter 7, what is the first thing Hastings wants Jack to learn to do with his powers?
8. What does Jack do when he remembers that he forgot to take his medication?
9. What does Jack learn about Hastings' previous relationship with Linda? What does Hastings say about the women in Jack's family?
10. In Chapter 9, how does Hastings create an arena for Jack to fight in? What is special about this arena?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)