|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what problems does Jack point out about the Rules of Engagement?
(a) It is written in a difficult language.
(b) It is outdated.
(c) It is unclear about certain key points.
(d) It is inherently unfair to Wizards.
2. What is the name carved on the ruins Linda visits at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) A. Hastens.
(c) A. Hastynges.
(d) L. Hastings.
3. Why does Linda want to go to Coalton County in Chapter 2?
(a) A vacation.
(b) Genealogy research.
(c) Research for a book.
(d) Antique shopping.
4. What does Nick call Leander Hastings?
(a) A Sorcerer, one who can use spells to get his way.
(b) An International Criminal, wanted by all the weirs for crimes against the Rules of Engagement.
(c) A Master, one who knows many magical arts.
(d) A rogue Warrior, meaning he does not follow the rules.
5. Who was Jack's former girlfriend?
Short Answer Questions
1. What stone should Dr. Longbranch have inserted in Jack during the surgery?
2. What does Jack suddenly realize about his aunt at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. Why does Jack believe in Chapter 3 that Linda did not ask him to drive?
4. What does Linda tell Jack he will find at Susannah's grave?
5. What is different about Susannah's grave as compared to the graves around it?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Jack is attacked by a man with a saber, but does not suffer any injury. How is this possible?
2. In Chapter 8, what does Hastings teach Jack about the Games? How does Jack feel about what he is learning?
3. In Chapter 7, how does Hastings force Jack to manifest his powers?
4. In Chapter 2, where does Becka tell Jack she has gotten a fellowship for that summer?
5. What does Jack tell Nick about missing his medication? What does Nick say about Jack's reaction?
6. In Chapter 10, where does Jack learn his friends will be spending the summer? Where does Jack learn Ellen will be over the summer?
7. In Chapter 8, what does Nick begin to teach Jack? What does Nick give to Jack?
8. In Chapter 3, whose grave is Linda attempting to find? How old was this person when she died?
9. What does Nick give to Jack in Chapter 6? What is the purpose of this item?
10. Who confronts Jack after the championship game? What happens?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)