|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Linda tell Jack in Chapter 5 that he should not trust?
(a) Ellen and Leesha.
(b) Everyone, but especially Dr. Longbranch.
(d) Will and Fitch.
2. In Chapter 9, why does Hastings say he can no longer serve as Jack's opponent?
(a) Jack needs to learn what it feels like to kill.
(b) Jack has gotten too strong for him.
(c) Jack is now using Shadowslayer.
(d) Jack has gotten too good for his skills.
3. What does Jack realize is fairly routine for his aunt in Chapter 5?
(a) Trying to lose guys who want to date her.
(b) Spending money like it grows on trees.
(c) Lying to the people who are closest to her.
(d) Using fake IDs, switching cars.
4. Who is with Becka in the kitchen when Jack awakes in Chapter 2?
5. What do Jack, Will, and Fitch do after leaving the library in Chapter 4?
(a) Go to find Linda.
(b) Go to have lunch.
(c) Go back to the hotel to swim.
(d) Go shopping for supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Mr. Hastings want Jack to move with nothing but his magic?
2. Where does Jack tell Will and Fitch to run when they are confronted by the wizard at the end of Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 6, Nick tells Jack that ___________created his Weirbook.
4. How does Linda gain entrance into the courthouse in Coal Grove?
5. What does the newspaper article Jack finds in the library say about the cause of death for Susannah Downy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Linda suggest Dr. Longbranch can keep Jack from developing his powers in order to allow him to live securely and in secret with his parents until he reaches maturity?
2. In Chapter 2, where does Becka tell Jack she has gotten a fellowship for that summer?
3. In Chapter 10, where does Jack learn his friends will be spending the summer? Where does Jack learn Ellen will be over the summer?
4. Who is listed as the person who found Susannah's body after her death? What is the significance of this?
5. Who finally discovers the location of Susannah's grave? Where is it?
6. What does Linda tell Jack in Chapter 5 that explains the need for the sword?
7. In Chapter 2, what object does Jack receive from Mercedes? How does Linda encourage him to wear it?
8. What reason does the leader of the Red Roses give for the murder of Lee's father?
9. What surgery did Dr. Longbranch perform on Jackson Swift as an infant? For what reason?
10. What does Jack do when he remembers that he forgot to take his medication?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)