|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Nick tells Jack that ___________created his Weirbook.
2. What does Jack consider as Nick's specialty when it comes to school subjects?
(c) English literature.
3. Where does Mr. Hastings take Jack in Chapter 7 for their first training session?
(a) An empty soccer field.
(b) A fitness club.
(c) The school gym.
(d) The mountains.
4. What shortage does Dr. Longbranch hope Jack's surgery might prove an end to?
(a) Warriors for the Games.
(c) White Rose members.
(d) Organ donors.
5. In Chapter 8, what problems does Jack point out about the Rules of Engagement?
(a) It is inherently unfair to Wizards.
(b) It is unclear about certain key points.
(c) It is written in a difficult language.
(d) It is outdated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack realize is fairly routine for his aunt in Chapter 5?
2. Where does Linda take Jack to tell him the secrets of his heritage?
3. What do the two strangers steal from the soccer coach at the end of Chapter 1?
4. According to Hastings, who are the people that he conjures up with his charms for Jack to practice against?
5. In Chapter 10, whom does Jack discover at his house when he arrives home after his fight with Lobeck?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what immediate impact does Jack feel from his new medication?
2. In Chapter 8, what does Hastings teach Jack about the Games? How does Jack feel about what he is learning?
3. In Chapter 7, how does Hastings force Jack to manifest his powers?
4. How does Linda suggest Dr. Longbranch can keep Jack from developing his powers in order to allow him to live securely and in secret with his parents until he reaches maturity?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Nick begin to teach Jack? What does Nick give to Jack?
6. What happens the first time Hastings sends Jack an opponent in his special arena?
7. In Chapter 2, where does Becka tell Jack she has gotten a fellowship for that summer?
8. What does Linda tell Jack in Chapter 5 that explains the need for the sword?
9. What does Jack do when he remembers that he forgot to take his medication?
10. What do Jack, Will, and Fitch find at Susannah's grave? Who tries to take it from Jack?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)