|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people appear to be searching for Jack as he makes his way home?
2. What is Becka not good at that Jack had to take control of as a young child?
(a) Keeping a budget.
(b) Cleaning the house.
3. Who was Jack's former girlfriend?
4. Linda tells everyone her job is _______________.
(a) Selling art.
(b) Selling real estate.
(c) Painting portraits.
(d) Selling antiques.
5. One whole room of Nick's apartment is dedicated to _____________.
(a) Movie posters.
(d) Model airplanes.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hastings, who are the people that he conjures up with his charms for Jack to practice against?
2. What does Nick call Leander Hastings?
3. In Chapter 9, what happens when Hastings drives Jack home to get Shadowslayer before their practice session?
4. In what year does Lee's story take place?
5. What class do Jack and Ellen discuss in homeroom in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jack, Will, and Fitch find at Susannah's grave? Who tries to take it from Jack?
2. Who confronts Jack after the championship game? What happens?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Hastings teach Jack about the Games? How does Jack feel about what he is learning?
4. What does Jack tell Nick about missing his medication? What does Nick say about Jack's reaction?
5. In Chapter 2, where does Becka tell Jack she has gotten a fellowship for that summer?
6. In Chapter 3, whose grave is Linda attempting to find? How old was this person when she died?
7. In Chapter 5, why is Jack surprised by the identity of his new trainer?
8. How does Linda suggest Dr. Longbranch can keep Jack from developing his powers in order to allow him to live securely and in secret with his parents until he reaches maturity?
9. What happens the first time Hastings sends Jack an opponent in his special arena?
10. What does Jack do when he remembers that he forgot to take his medication?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)