|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does D'Orsay write in the Rules of Engagement?
(a) A new rule against warriors using wizardry.
(b) A new rule allowing warriors to use wizardry.
(c) A new rule allowing made warriors to fight in the Games.
(d) A new rule against made warriors fighting in the Games.
2. In Chapter 14, what does Jack find comforting about staying in Cumbria?
(a) The library.
(b) His mother.
(c) Hastings' presence.
(d) The routine.
3. In Chapter 17, what does Jack see in Blaise's mirror before the Games begin?
(a) Himself lying dead in the arena.
(b) Himself, victorious over Ellen.
(c) A warrior holding Shadowslayer among a great many bodies.
(d) A warrior holding Shadowslayer, lying dead beside his opponent.
4. In Chapter 12, what does Jack see as he visits Westminster Abbey?
(a) Cool artifacts.
(b) Wizards who want to kidnap him.
(c) His aunt flirting with the caretaker.
(d) Warrior ghosts.
5. According to Hastings, whom was he not allowed to train in Susannah's family?
(b) Her son.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her daughter.
6. According to Linda in Chapter 11, who is the premier wizard with the Red Rose?
(a) Leander Hastings.
(b) Geoffrey Wylie.
(c) Carrie Hastings.
(d) Jessamine Longbranch.
7. Who is to be Jack's opponent in the Games?
8. What is the first attack Ellen makes against Jack?
(a) She throws her dagger at him.
(b) She shoots arrows at him.
(c) She engages him in swordplay.
(d) She challenges him in a boxing match.
9. What new fighting skills does Jack have after Hastings bonds his memories with Jeremiah's?
(a) Bar fighting.
(b) Hatchet throwing.
(c) Close knife fighting.
(d) Martial arts.
10. What is the shape of Jack's scar from the surgery he underwent as an infant?
(a) A long, jagged line.
11. What is the destination of the train Will and Fitch are waiting for?
12. Why does Linda claim that Jack's status as a warrior should be overruled?
(a) He was made, not born.
(b) He is a wizard by blood.
(c) He is not fully trained.
(d) He is underage.
13. Who calls Ellen a killer and encourages her to kill Jack even after she has declared a truce?
14. According to Linda, who is the premier wizard with the White Rose?
(a) Jessamine Longbranch.
(b) Linda Downey.
(c) Leander Hastings.
(d) Becka Swift.
15. What does Hastings hope will happen before Linda finds out Jack is playing in the Games?
(a) Becka will convince her of Jack's worth.
(b) It will be over.
(c) Jack will win.
(d) Linda will be killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Hastings make threats against?
2. In Chapter 16, who testifies for Longbranch about Jack's surgery as a child?
3. Jack learns that ___________ wants him to fight in the Games.
4. What new weapon has Jack added to his arsenal since taking the memories of Jeremiah Brooks?
5. Where was the last Games held?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)