|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the lobby doors when Linda and Jack try to exit through them?
(a) They turn to steal.
(b) They burst into flames.
(c) They explode.
(d) They lock.
2. What new fighting skills does Jack have after Hastings bonds his memories with Jeremiah's?
(a) Hatchet throwing.
(b) Bar fighting.
(c) Close knife fighting.
(d) Martial arts.
3. Who calls Ellen a killer and encourages her to kill Jack even after she has declared a truce?
4. According to Linda in Chapter 14, who is waiting for Jack and her in Oxford?
5. Who makes up most of the spectators at the Games as far as Jack can tell in Chapter 15?
(a) Weir of all kinds.
(d) Family members.
6. What is the destination of the train Will and Fitch are waiting for?
7. In Chapter 12, what does Dr. Longbranch guess from Jack's physical condition?
(a) He is still taking the medication.
(b) He is too weak to fight in the Games.
(c) He has stopped taking the medicatioin and has been training.
(d) He could fight in the Games even while still taking the medication.
8. What woman accompanies Susannah to Raven's Ghyll after the dragon awakens?
9. In Chapter 14, what does Jack find comforting about staying in Cumbria?
(a) Hastings' presence.
(b) His mother.
(c) The routine.
(d) The library.
10. According to Linda, who is the premier wizard with the White Rose?
(a) Becka Swift.
(b) Leander Hastings.
(c) Jessamine Longbranch.
(d) Linda Downey.
11. What is Hastings accused of having done to deserve punishment?
(a) Hidden warriors.
(b) Sold wizards in the Trade.
(c) Trained warriors without permission.
(d) Spilled wizard blood in defiance of the rules.
12. Linda tells Jack that members of the family in America began marrying what type of people, perhaps leading to him being born without a stone?
(b) Wizards only.
(c) Warriors only.
13. Why does Jack agree to play in the Games?
(a) To prove his worth as a warrior.
(b) To protect his family and friends.
(c) To help out Hastings.
(d) To prove a wizard can win as a warrior.
14. What changes does Linda see in Jack's body that seem to unnerve her?
(a) Loss in stature.
(b) Weight gain.
(c) Muscle growth.
(d) A gainin stature.
15. According to Linda, who was born a warrior in Hastings family?
(a) His brother, Martin.
(b) His sister, Carrie.
(c) His father, Abe.
(d) His mother, June.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first charm Jack conjures to protect himself from Ellen?
2. According to Ellen, who in Wylie's thoughts was working to steal Shadowslayer from Susannah's grave?
3. Why does Linda claim that Jack's status as a warrior should be overruled?
4. Whom does Hastings make threats against?
5. What structure exists in Raven's Ghyll?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)