|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first attack Ellen makes against Jack?
(a) She shoots arrows at him.
(b) She engages him in swordplay.
(c) She challenges him in a boxing match.
(d) She throws her dagger at him.
2. What is the destination of the train Will and Fitch are waiting for?
3. According to Linda, who was born a warrior in Hastings family?
(a) His father, Abe.
(b) His sister, Carrie.
(c) His brother, Martin.
(d) His mother, June.
4. Why does Dr. Longbranch express regret that Becka did not bring Jack to his appointment that day?
(a) They could have asked Becka's permission to make Jack participate in the Games.
(b) They could have used Becka to inspire Jack during training.
(c) They could have killed Becka to cover their tracks with Jack.
(d) They could have used Becka as a champion in the Games.
5. Linda tells Jack that members of the family in America began marrying what type of people, perhaps leading to him being born without a stone?
(a) Wizards only.
(c) Warriors only.
6. Why does Jack agree to play in the Games?
(a) To help out Hastings.
(b) To protect his family and friends.
(c) To prove his worth as a warrior.
(d) To prove a wizard can win as a warrior.
7. What is dyrne sefa?
(a) A stone created by sorcerers that allows Jack and Hastings to appear invisible.
(b) A stone created by sorcereres that allows Hastings to be impervious to injury.
(c) A stone created by sorcerers that allows Jack to be stronger than he is.
(d) A stone created by sorcerers that allows Jack to defy gravity.
8. What happens to the lobby doors when Linda and Jack try to exit through them?
(a) They lock.
(b) They turn to steal.
(c) They burst into flames.
(d) They explode.
9. What woman accompanies Susannah to Raven's Ghyll after the dragon awakens?
10. What does Hastings say is the reward of winning the Games?
(c) Fame and fortune.
(d) The right to love whomever he wants.
11. Why does Dr. Longbranch suggest a story of Jack's death to Linda?
(a) To prevent Becka from trying to find him after he leaves to join the Games.
(b) To prevent the Red Rose from knowing he is still alive.
(c) To keep Hastings from looking for Jack.
(d) To cover his disappearance when Longbranch takes him to participate in the Games.
12. In Chapter 13, whom does Jack remember as sitting vigil with him in the church after he was injured?
(b) His mother.
(c) Dr. Longbranch.
13. What does Jack learn about Hastings experience with the Games?
(a) He wanted his sister to play.
(b) He has always been an avid spectator.
(c) He hopes Jack will lose.
(d) He never played, but he disrupted a few.
14. Whose voice does Jack recall hearing in his delirium while he was injured?
(a) Dr. Longbranch.
(c) His mother.
15. Jack learns that ___________ wants him to fight in the Games.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bouts does Jeremiah claim to have fought before he died?
2. Where is Jack wounded as he enters a small church in front of Westminster Abbey?
3. With what Indians does Jeremiah claim to have lived?
4. What new weapon has Jack added to his arsenal since taking the memories of Jeremiah Brooks?
5. In Chapter 11, who first suggested they leave their drinks behind while they went on Thunder Canyon?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)