|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jack learns that ___________ wants him to fight in the Games.
2. Whom does Fitch see outside of a Christmas shop, apparently hunting for someone?
3. What do voices say in Jack's mind as he approaches the grounds where the Games are played?
(a) Old warriors giving him tips.
(b) Old warriors warning him away.
(c) Old ghosts wishing him luck.
(d) Old ghosts telling him the history of the area.
4. Why does Jack almost decide not to attend the end of school excursion in Chapter 11?
(a) The bruises on his face will cause too many questions.
(b) He does not want to be alone with Leesha.
(c) He does not want Garrett to beat him up again.
(d) His friends will ask too many questions about his night with Ellen.
5. In Chapter 16, whom did Longbranch want kidnapped and brought to Raven's Ghyll rather than Will and Fitch?
6. What proof does Linda offer for the surgery that left Jack with a warrior's stone rather than a wizard's stone?
(a) His prescription medications.
(b) His surgical scar.
(c) His medical records.
(d) Dr. Longbranch's testimony.
7. What happens to the lobby doors when Linda and Jack try to exit through them?
(a) They explode.
(b) They turn to steal.
(c) They lock.
(d) They burst into flames.
8. What gift does Jack buy for Ellen?
(a) British football club jerseys.
(b) A model of Westminster Abbey.
(c) A diary with a fancy lock.
(d) A necklace.
9. At the beginning of Chapter 16, why do people continuously knock on Jack's door?
(a) They want to meet the mysterious champion.
(b) They want to meet the boy with the implanted stone.
(c) They want to ask him to forfiet to save the Red Rose champion.
(d) They want to talk him out of playing.
10. Why does Linda claim that Jack's status as a warrior should be overruled?
(a) He was made, not born.
(b) He is underage.
(c) He is not fully trained.
(d) He is a wizard by blood.
11. According to Linda in Chapter 11, who is the premier wizard with the Red Rose?
(a) Carrie Hastings.
(b) Jessamine Longbranch.
(c) Leander Hastings.
(d) Geoffrey Wylie.
12. What does Linda tell Jack that the branch of the family began using as their emblem rather than the Red or White Rose?
(a) The Green Dragon.
(b) The Yellow Rose.
(c) The Silver Bear.
(d) The Silver Dragon.
13. Dr. Longstreet objects to Hastings' warrior for what reason?
(a) She says Jack Swift is not trained well enough.
(b) She says Jack Swift is not of Weir blood.
(c) She says Jack Swift is dead.
(d) She says Jack Swift is a wizard, not a warrior.
14. According to Hastings, what regulates everything at the Games?
(a) The Master of Ceremonies.
(b) The Rules of Engagement.
(c) The champions.
(d) The council.
15. According to Linda in Chapter 14, who is waiting for Jack and her in Oxford?
Short Answer Questions
1. What emblem appears on Jack's tunic for the Games?
2. How many bouts does Jeremiah claim to have fought before he died?
3. What are released in the great hall that contain birds, stones, and butterflies?
4. Whom does Linda interrogate Jack about after his return from the amusement park?
5. What changes does Linda see in Jack's body that seem to unnerve her?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)