|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hastings hope will happen before Linda finds out Jack is playing in the Games?
(a) Jack will win.
(b) It will be over.
(c) Linda will be killed.
(d) Becka will convince her of Jack's worth.
2. Who is to be Jack's opponent in the Games?
3. In Chapter 17, what does Jack see in Blaise's mirror before the Games begin?
(a) A warrior holding Shadowslayer among a great many bodies.
(b) Himself lying dead in the arena.
(c) Himself, victorious over Ellen.
(d) A warrior holding Shadowslayer, lying dead beside his opponent.
4. According to Hastings in Chapter 13, who lives in the area where his family home is located?
5. What is the first attack Ellen makes against Jack?
(a) She throws her dagger at him.
(b) She engages him in swordplay.
(c) She challenges him in a boxing match.
(d) She shoots arrows at him.
6. According to Linda, who is the premier wizard with the White Rose?
(a) Jessamine Longbranch.
(b) Linda Downey.
(c) Becka Swift.
(d) Leander Hastings.
7. What is the shape of Jack's scar from the surgery he underwent as an infant?
(d) A long, jagged line.
8. Where was the last Games held?
9. What does Jack learn about Hastings experience with the Games?
(a) He hopes Jack will lose.
(b) He wanted his sister to play.
(c) He never played, but he disrupted a few.
(d) He has always been an avid spectator.
10. Who explains the rules of the Games to Jack and Ellen before the Games begins?
(a) Simon Paige.
11. Jack learns that ___________ wants him to fight in the Games.
12. How many bouts does Jeremiah claim to have fought before he died?
(a) Twelve or fourteen.
(b) Five or Six.
(c) Fifteen or Seventeen.
(d) Eight or ten.
13. Becka thinks Jack's ailment is really a ___________.
(b) Shoulder injury.
(c) Bacterial infection.
(d) Leg injury.
14. What does Jack wish he knew most about the Games?
(a) How they are played.
(b) Who he will fight.
(c) The experiences of other warriors.
(d) What to expect when he wins.
15. Why does Ellen threaten to pour Jack's drink over his head?
(a) He tried to kiss her.
(b) He was teasing her.
(c) He was threatening to get her wet.
(d) He did not get wet enough on the water ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feature of Hastings' house does Becka extoll to Jack?
2. What new fighting skills does Jack have after Hastings bonds his memories with Jeremiah's?
3. In Chapter 16, who testifies for Longbranch about Jack's surgery as a child?
4. Whom does Linda interrogate Jack about after his return from the amusement park?
5. Why does Jack briefly consider falling on his sword?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)