|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do voices say in Jack's mind as he approaches the grounds where the Games are played?
(a) Old ghosts wishing him luck.
(b) Old warriors warning him away.
(c) Old ghosts telling him the history of the area.
(d) Old warriors giving him tips.
2. What does Jack learn about Hastings experience with the Games?
(a) He never played, but he disrupted a few.
(b) He has always been an avid spectator.
(c) He wanted his sister to play.
(d) He hopes Jack will lose.
3. What does Hastings say Jack needs to win the Games?
4. Dr. Longstreet objects to Hastings' warrior for what reason?
(a) She says Jack Swift is a wizard, not a warrior.
(b) She says Jack Swift is not of Weir blood.
(c) She says Jack Swift is not trained well enough.
(d) She says Jack Swift is dead.
5. What place does Dr. Longbranch suggest for Jack to visit?
(a) Westminster Abbey.
(b) The Tower.
(c) The Queen's Palace.
(d) Big Ben.
6. According to Linda in Chapter 14, who is waiting for Jack and her in Oxford?
7. What gift does Jack buy for Ellen?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A model of Westminster Abbey.
(c) A diary with a fancy lock.
(d) British football club jerseys.
8. Why does Ellen threaten to pour Jack's drink over his head?
(a) He tried to kiss her.
(b) He was teasing her.
(c) He was threatening to get her wet.
(d) He did not get wet enough on the water ride.
9. Whom does Linda interrogate Jack about after his return from the amusement park?
(a) People he saw at the park.
(b) His neighbors.
(c) Leander Hastings.
(d) His friends.
10. What is the destination of the train Will and Fitch are waiting for?
11. Who explains the rules of the Games to Jack and Ellen before the Games begins?
(d) Simon Paige.
12. What does Hastings hope will happen before Linda finds out Jack is playing in the Games?
(a) Jack will win.
(b) Linda will be killed.
(c) Becka will convince her of Jack's worth.
(d) It will be over.
13. What does Jack wish he knew most about the Games?
(a) What to expect when he wins.
(b) How they are played.
(c) Who he will fight.
(d) The experiences of other warriors.
14. How does the weather change after D'Orsay writes in the Rules of Engagement?
(a) It becomes windy and cloudy.
(b) It suddenly grows cold.
(c) It becomes hotter.
(d) It becomes clearer.
15. What woman accompanies Susannah to Raven's Ghyll after the dragon awakens?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the last Games held?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 16, why do people continuously knock on Jack's door?
3. What new weapon has Jack added to his arsenal since taking the memories of Jeremiah Brooks?
4. Whom does Fitch see outside of a Christmas shop, apparently hunting for someone?
5. Who is Claude D'Orsay?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)