|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the weather change after D'Orsay writes in the Rules of Engagement?
(a) It suddenly grows cold.
(b) It becomes hotter.
(c) It becomes clearer.
(d) It becomes windy and cloudy.
2. What is dyrne sefa?
(a) A stone created by sorcerers that allows Jack to be stronger than he is.
(b) A stone created by sorcereres that allows Hastings to be impervious to injury.
(c) A stone created by sorcerers that allows Jack to defy gravity.
(d) A stone created by sorcerers that allows Jack and Hastings to appear invisible.
3. What feature of Hastings' house does Becka extoll to Jack?
(a) The library.
(b) The garden.
(c) The television room.
(d) The kitchen.
4. Whose voice does Jack recall hearing in his delirium while he was injured?
(a) His mother.
(c) Dr. Longbranch.
5. What does Hastings claim he does with Susannah's warrior stone?
(a) Uses it as a reminder of what he did.
(b) Uses it as a connection to his lost sister.
(c) Uses it as a reminder of a woman he once loved.
(d) Uses it to make himself invincible.
6. According to Linda in Chapter 11, who is the premier wizard with the Red Rose?
(a) Jessamine Longbranch.
(b) Carrie Hastings.
(c) Geoffrey Wylie.
(d) Leander Hastings.
7. In Chapter 14, Jeremiah Brooks says he was used by _____________ in the same way Jack is being used now.
(b) All Weirs.
8. According to Linda in Chapter 14, who is waiting for Jack and her in Oxford?
9. In Chapter 12, how does Jack disable Dr. Longbranch?
(a) He touches her shoulder and releases magic into her.
(b) He allows Linda to enchant her.
(c) He hits her on the head with a bed pan.
(d) He casts a spell on her.
10. At the beginning of Chapter 16, why do people continuously knock on Jack's door?
(a) They want to meet the mysterious champion.
(b) They want to meet the boy with the implanted stone.
(c) They want to talk him out of playing.
(d) They want to ask him to forfiet to save the Red Rose champion.
11. Who explains the rules of the Games to Jack and Ellen before the Games begins?
(c) Simon Paige.
12. What happens to the lobby doors when Linda and Jack try to exit through them?
(a) They lock.
(b) They explode.
(c) They burst into flames.
(d) They turn to steal.
13. What are released in the great hall that contain birds, stones, and butterflies?
(d) Floating baskets.
14. Who accuses Hastings of using charms to influence the outcome of the games?
15. What is the shape of Jack's scar from the surgery he underwent as an infant?
(a) A long, jagged line.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emblem appears on Jack's tunic for the Games?
2. What place does Dr. Longbranch suggest for Jack to visit?
3. Who calls Ellen a killer and encourages her to kill Jack even after she has declared a truce?
4. What changes does Linda see in Jack's body that seem to unnerve her?
5. What speculations does Hastings make about the Red Rose's champion?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)