|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 16, why do people continuously knock on Jack's door?
(a) They want to meet the boy with the implanted stone.
(b) They want to meet the mysterious champion.
(c) They want to talk him out of playing.
(d) They want to ask him to forfiet to save the Red Rose champion.
2. In Chapter 11, who first suggested they leave their drinks behind while they went on Thunder Canyon?
3. What emblem appears on Jack's tunic for the Games?
(a) A Silver Dragon.
(b) A White Rose.
(c) A White Elephant.
(d) A Red Rose.
4. How does the weather change after D'Orsay writes in the Rules of Engagement?
(a) It becomes clearer.
(b) It suddenly grows cold.
(c) It becomes windy and cloudy.
(d) It becomes hotter.
5. In Chapter 13, whom does Jack remember as sitting vigil with him in the church after he was injured?
(a) Dr. Longbranch.
(b) His mother.
6. What is the Blue Streak?
(a) A bus.
(b) A sports car.
(c) A roller coaster.
(d) A train.
7. With what Indians does Jeremiah claim to have lived?
8. According to Hastings, what regulates everything at the Games?
(a) The council.
(b) The Master of Ceremonies.
(c) The champions.
(d) The Rules of Engagement.
9. In Chapter 12, how does Jack disable Dr. Longbranch?
(a) He casts a spell on her.
(b) He allows Linda to enchant her.
(c) He touches her shoulder and releases magic into her.
(d) He hits her on the head with a bed pan.
10. What does Hastings claim he does with Susannah's warrior stone?
(a) Uses it to make himself invincible.
(b) Uses it as a connection to his lost sister.
(c) Uses it as a reminder of what he did.
(d) Uses it as a reminder of a woman he once loved.
11. Whom does Hastings make threats against?
(d) Dr. Longbranch.
12. Who explains the rules of the Games to Jack and Ellen before the Games begins?
(d) Simon Paige.
13. According to Ellen, who in Wylie's thoughts was working to steal Shadowslayer from Susannah's grave?
(a) New Weir who are yet to be identified.
(b) Agents of the Silver Dragon.
(c) Rogue agents of the Red Rose.
(d) Agents of the White Rose.
14. In Chapter 14, what does Jack find comforting about staying in Cumbria?
(a) The routine.
(b) The library.
(c) Hastings' presence.
(d) His mother.
15. According to Hastings, whom was he not allowed to train in Susannah's family?
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack briefly consider falling on his sword?
2. What is the shape of Jack's scar from the surgery he underwent as an infant?
3. What changes does Linda see in Jack's body that seem to unnerve her?
4. Dr. Longstreet objects to Hastings' warrior for what reason?
5. What does Jack wish he knew most about the Games?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)