|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the weather change after D'Orsay writes in the Rules of Engagement?
(a) It becomes windy and cloudy.
(b) It becomes hotter.
(c) It becomes clearer.
(d) It suddenly grows cold.
2. What is the first attack Ellen makes against Jack?
(a) She engages him in swordplay.
(b) She throws her dagger at him.
(c) She shoots arrows at him.
(d) She challenges him in a boxing match.
3. What is the first charm Jack conjures to protect himself from Ellen?
(a) He conjures a barrier between them.
(b) He causes her to become immobile.
(c) He makes her sword turn into rubber.
(d) He throws her into the crowd.
4. What structure exists in Raven's Ghyll?
(a) A church and several barns.
(b) A house.
(c) A castle.
(d) A set of caves.
5. Why does Jack briefly consider falling on his sword?
(a) To protect his mother from the Wizards.
(b) To keep from playing in the Games.
(c) To protect Linda from the Wizards.
(d) To keep from facing Ellen in the Games.
6. How many bouts does Jeremiah claim to have fought before he died?
(a) Twelve or fourteen.
(b) Eight or ten.
(c) Five or Six.
(d) Fifteen or Seventeen.
7. In Chapter 16, who testifies for Longbranch about Jack's surgery as a child?
(b) Jack's father.
(d) Will and Fitch.
8. Whom does Hastings make threats against?
(b) Dr. Longbranch.
9. Why does Dr. Longbranch suggest a story of Jack's death to Linda?
(a) To cover his disappearance when Longbranch takes him to participate in the Games.
(b) To prevent Becka from trying to find him after he leaves to join the Games.
(c) To keep Hastings from looking for Jack.
(d) To prevent the Red Rose from knowing he is still alive.
10. At the beginning of Chapter 16, why do people continuously knock on Jack's door?
(a) They want to ask him to forfiet to save the Red Rose champion.
(b) They want to talk him out of playing.
(c) They want to meet the mysterious champion.
(d) They want to meet the boy with the implanted stone.
11. What place does Dr. Longbranch suggest for Jack to visit?
(a) The Tower.
(b) The Queen's Palace.
(c) Big Ben.
(d) Westminster Abbey.
12. What proof does Linda offer for the surgery that left Jack with a warrior's stone rather than a wizard's stone?
(a) His surgical scar.
(b) Dr. Longbranch's testimony.
(c) His prescription medications.
(d) His medical records.
13. In Chapter 12, how does Jack disable Dr. Longbranch?
(a) He casts a spell on her.
(b) He touches her shoulder and releases magic into her.
(c) He hits her on the head with a bed pan.
(d) He allows Linda to enchant her.
14. In Chapter 14, Jeremiah Brooks says he was used by _____________ in the same way Jack is being used now.
(b) All Weirs.
15. What is the shape of Jack's scar from the surgery he underwent as an infant?
(c) A long, jagged line.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Jack buy for Ellen?
2. What does Hastings say Jack needs to win the Games?
3. What does Hastings hope will happen before Linda finds out Jack is playing in the Games?
4. Who is Claude D'Orsay?
5. Jack learns that ___________ wants him to fight in the Games.
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)