|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jack almost decide not to attend the end of school excursion in Chapter 11?
(a) His friends will ask too many questions about his night with Ellen.
(b) He does not want to be alone with Leesha.
(c) The bruises on his face will cause too many questions.
(d) He does not want Garrett to beat him up again.
2. Whom does Linda interrogate Jack about after his return from the amusement park?
(a) People he saw at the park.
(b) His neighbors.
(c) His friends.
(d) Leander Hastings.
3. What is the destination of the train Will and Fitch are waiting for?
4. Whom does Fitch see outside of a Christmas shop, apparently hunting for someone?
5. Who is Claude D'Orsay?
(a) The Weir President.
(b) The leader of the Red Roses.
(c) The Council President.
(d) The Master of Games.
6. What concerns Hastings most about Jack's training?
(a) He is still fairly new at it.
(b) He still seems to be very inept.
(c) He is not very strong yet.
(d) He does not know how to handle Shadowslayer yet.
7. What group does Hastings accuse Linda of abandoning to rescue Jack?
(a) The Shakesperean Group.
(b) The Chaucerian Group.
(c) The Trinity High School Soccer club.
(d) The Trinity High School summer camp.
8. How does the weather change after D'Orsay writes in the Rules of Engagement?
(a) It becomes clearer.
(b) It becomes hotter.
(c) It suddenly grows cold.
(d) It becomes windy and cloudy.
9. In Chapter 13, whom does Jack remember as sitting vigil with him in the church after he was injured?
(a) Dr. Longbranch.
(c) His mother.
10. According to Hastings in Chapter 13, who lives in the area where his family home is located?
11. What do voices say in Jack's mind as he approaches the grounds where the Games are played?
(a) Old warriors giving him tips.
(b) Old warriors warning him away.
(c) Old ghosts telling him the history of the area.
(d) Old ghosts wishing him luck.
12. What are released in the great hall that contain birds, stones, and butterflies?
(b) Floating baskets.
13. According to Hastings, whom was he not allowed to train in Susannah's family?
(a) Her daughter.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her son.
14. What does Simon Paige say to Jack before the hearing on the grievances against Jack?
(a) He knows Ellen is looking forward to killing Jack.
(b) He hopes there are no hard feelings.
(c) He cannot wait to see his blood spill.
(d) May the best man win.
15. Why does Jack agree to play in the Games?
(a) To prove his worth as a warrior.
(b) To protect his family and friends.
(c) To help out Hastings.
(d) To prove a wizard can win as a warrior.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, how does Jack disable Dr. Longbranch?
2. What does Jack do with the remnants of his drink that seemed to kill the carp in the river?
3. In Chapter 12, what does Jack see as he visits Westminster Abbey?
4. According to Linda, who is the premier wizard with the White Rose?
5. What is the first attack Ellen makes against Jack?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)