|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what does Jack feel is an appropriate name for the mountain Hastings is forcing him to climb?
(a) Danger Zone.
2. Where was the last Games held?
3. According to Ellen, who in Wylie's thoughts was working to steal Shadowslayer from Susannah's grave?
(a) Agents of the Silver Dragon.
(b) New Weir who are yet to be identified.
(c) Agents of the White Rose.
(d) Rogue agents of the Red Rose.
4. What does Hastings say Jack needs to win the Games?
5. In Chapter 16, who testifies for Longbranch about Jack's surgery as a child?
(a) Will and Fitch.
(b) Jack's father.
6. In Chapter 17, what does Jack see in Blaise's mirror before the Games begin?
(a) Himself, victorious over Ellen.
(b) A warrior holding Shadowslayer, lying dead beside his opponent.
(c) Himself lying dead in the arena.
(d) A warrior holding Shadowslayer among a great many bodies.
7. Who is Claude D'Orsay?
(a) The leader of the Red Roses.
(b) The Council President.
(c) The Master of Games.
(d) The Weir President.
8. What do voices say in Jack's mind as he approaches the grounds where the Games are played?
(a) Old ghosts telling him the history of the area.
(b) Old ghosts wishing him luck.
(c) Old warriors giving him tips.
(d) Old warriors warning him away.
9. What does Simon Paige say to Jack before the hearing on the grievances against Jack?
(a) May the best man win.
(b) He knows Ellen is looking forward to killing Jack.
(c) He cannot wait to see his blood spill.
(d) He hopes there are no hard feelings.
10. What is the shape of Jack's scar from the surgery he underwent as an infant?
(a) A long, jagged line.
11. In Chapter 12, what does Dr. Longbranch guess from Jack's physical condition?
(a) He is still taking the medication.
(b) He is too weak to fight in the Games.
(c) He could fight in the Games even while still taking the medication.
(d) He has stopped taking the medicatioin and has been training.
12. What are released in the great hall that contain birds, stones, and butterflies?
(d) Floating baskets.
13. In Chapter 12, who has a champion that it plans on putting forward for a tournament on Midsummer's Day?
(a) The Red Rose.
(b) The White Rose.
(c) The Silver Bear.
(d) The Silver Dragon.
14. What changes does Linda see in Jack's body that seem to unnerve her?
(a) A gainin stature.
(b) Loss in stature.
(c) Muscle growth.
(d) Weight gain.
15. Why does Dr. Longbranch suggest a story of Jack's death to Linda?
(a) To prevent the Red Rose from knowing he is still alive.
(b) To prevent Becka from trying to find him after he leaves to join the Games.
(c) To cover his disappearance when Longbranch takes him to participate in the Games.
(d) To keep Hastings from looking for Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What structure does Fitch want to visit rather than eat lunch with Will?
2. Why does Jack almost decide not to attend the end of school excursion in Chapter 11?
3. What does Jack learn about Hastings experience with the Games?
4. What gift does Jack buy for Ellen?
5. Dr. Longstreet objects to Hastings' warrior for what reason?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)