|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ellen threaten to pour Jack's drink over his head?
(a) He tried to kiss her.
(b) He was teasing her.
(c) He did not get wet enough on the water ride.
(d) He was threatening to get her wet.
2. Whom does Fitch see outside of a Christmas shop, apparently hunting for someone?
3. What does Linda tell Jack that the branch of the family began using as their emblem rather than the Red or White Rose?
(a) The Yellow Rose.
(b) The Silver Dragon.
(c) The Silver Bear.
(d) The Green Dragon.
4. According to Hastings, what regulates everything at the Games?
(a) The Master of Ceremonies.
(b) The Rules of Engagement.
(c) The champions.
(d) The council.
5. What does D'Orsay write in the Rules of Engagement?
(a) A new rule allowing made warriors to fight in the Games.
(b) A new rule against warriors using wizardry.
(c) A new rule allowing warriors to use wizardry.
(d) A new rule against made warriors fighting in the Games.
6. Whom does Hastings make threats against?
(d) Dr. Longbranch.
7. According to Hastings, whom was he not allowed to train in Susannah's family?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her son.
8. Why does Jack almost decide not to attend the end of school excursion in Chapter 11?
(a) He does not want to be alone with Leesha.
(b) He does not want Garrett to beat him up again.
(c) His friends will ask too many questions about his night with Ellen.
(d) The bruises on his face will cause too many questions.
9. According to Linda, who is the premier wizard with the White Rose?
(a) Becka Swift.
(b) Leander Hastings.
(c) Linda Downey.
(d) Jessamine Longbranch.
10. What does Jack do with the remnants of his drink that seemed to kill the carp in the river?
(a) Put it in a plastic bag.
(b) Threw it in the river.
(c) Gave it to Linda.
(d) Threw it away.
11. What does Hastings hope will happen before Linda finds out Jack is playing in the Games?
(a) It will be over.
(b) Jack will win.
(c) Becka will convince her of Jack's worth.
(d) Linda will be killed.
12. Who surrounds Jack in the moments before the Games are to begin?
(a) His fans.
(b) His friends.
(c) His familiy.
(d) His neighbors.
13. Jack learns that ___________ wants him to fight in the Games.
14. In Chapter 15, what does Jack feel is an appropriate name for the mountain Hastings is forcing him to climb?
(b) Danger Zone.
15. What place does Dr. Longbranch suggest for Jack to visit?
(a) Big Ben.
(b) The Queen's Palace.
(c) The Tower.
(d) Westminster Abbey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Linda tells Jack that members of the family in America began marrying what type of people, perhaps leading to him being born without a stone?
2. What is the first attack Ellen makes against Jack?
3. According to Hastings in Chapter 13, who lives in the area where his family home is located?
4. What does Hastings say is the reward of winning the Games?
5. In Chapter 11, who first suggested they leave their drinks behind while they went on Thunder Canyon?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)