|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Linda interrogate Jack about after his return from the amusement park?
(a) Leander Hastings.
(b) His neighbors.
(c) People he saw at the park.
(d) His friends.
2. Who is the first to see the dead fish in the river in Chapter 11?
3. What does Simon Paige say to Jack before the hearing on the grievances against Jack?
(a) He hopes there are no hard feelings.
(b) He cannot wait to see his blood spill.
(c) May the best man win.
(d) He knows Ellen is looking forward to killing Jack.
4. What does Jack wish he knew most about the Games?
(a) The experiences of other warriors.
(b) What to expect when he wins.
(c) How they are played.
(d) Who he will fight.
5. In Chapter 12, what does Dr. Longbranch guess from Jack's physical condition?
(a) He has stopped taking the medicatioin and has been training.
(b) He is too weak to fight in the Games.
(c) He is still taking the medication.
(d) He could fight in the Games even while still taking the medication.
6. What is the first charm Jack conjures to protect himself from Ellen?
(a) He causes her to become immobile.
(b) He makes her sword turn into rubber.
(c) He throws her into the crowd.
(d) He conjures a barrier between them.
7. According to Linda in Chapter 14, who is waiting for Jack and her in Oxford?
8. In Chapter 13, whom does Jack remember as sitting vigil with him in the church after he was injured?
(c) Dr. Longbranch.
(d) His mother.
9. According to Linda, who was born a warrior in Hastings family?
(a) His brother, Martin.
(b) His sister, Carrie.
(c) His mother, June.
(d) His father, Abe.
10. What does Linda tell Jack that the branch of the family began using as their emblem rather than the Red or White Rose?
(a) The Silver Dragon.
(b) The Green Dragon.
(c) The Yellow Rose.
(d) The Silver Bear.
11. What new fighting skills does Jack have after Hastings bonds his memories with Jeremiah's?
(a) Bar fighting.
(b) Close knife fighting.
(c) Martial arts.
(d) Hatchet throwing.
12. What new weapon has Jack added to his arsenal since taking the memories of Jeremiah Brooks?
(a) A musket.
(b) A dagger.
(c) An axe.
(d) A bow and arrow.
13. Where is Jack wounded as he enters a small church in front of Westminster Abbey?
(a) In the leg.
(b) In the shoulder.
(c) In the chest.
(d) In the back.
14. With what Indians does Jeremiah claim to have lived?
15. In Chapter 12, how does Jack disable Dr. Longbranch?
(a) He hits her on the head with a bed pan.
(b) He casts a spell on her.
(c) He allows Linda to enchant her.
(d) He touches her shoulder and releases magic into her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, who identifies the poison in Jack's drink?
2. Whom does Hastings make threats against?
3. What concerns Hastings most about Jack's training?
4. What does Jack do with the remnants of his drink that seemed to kill the carp in the river?
5. What does D'Orsay write in the Rules of Engagement?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)