|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new weapon has Jack added to his arsenal since taking the memories of Jeremiah Brooks?
(a) A musket.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) An axe.
(d) A dagger.
2. In Chapter 12, what does Jack see as he visits Westminster Abbey?
(a) Warrior ghosts.
(b) Wizards who want to kidnap him.
(c) Cool artifacts.
(d) His aunt flirting with the caretaker.
3. Why does Jack agree to play in the Games?
(a) To prove his worth as a warrior.
(b) To prove a wizard can win as a warrior.
(c) To protect his family and friends.
(d) To help out Hastings.
4. Why does Dr. Longbranch express regret that Becka did not bring Jack to his appointment that day?
(a) They could have killed Becka to cover their tracks with Jack.
(b) They could have used Becka to inspire Jack during training.
(c) They could have asked Becka's permission to make Jack participate in the Games.
(d) They could have used Becka as a champion in the Games.
5. Who is Claude D'Orsay?
(a) The Master of Games.
(b) The Council President.
(c) The Weir President.
(d) The leader of the Red Roses.
6. Why does Ellen threaten to pour Jack's drink over his head?
(a) He did not get wet enough on the water ride.
(b) He was teasing her.
(c) He was threatening to get her wet.
(d) He tried to kiss her.
7. Whom does Linda interrogate Jack about after his return from the amusement park?
(a) People he saw at the park.
(b) His neighbors.
(c) Leander Hastings.
(d) His friends.
8. In Chapter 11, who first suggested they leave their drinks behind while they went on Thunder Canyon?
9. What structure does Fitch want to visit rather than eat lunch with Will?
(a) Westminster Abbey.
(b) The Louvre.
(c) Big Ben.
(d) The Citadel.
10. In Chapter 17, what does Jack see in Blaise's mirror before the Games begin?
(a) Himself, victorious over Ellen.
(b) Himself lying dead in the arena.
(c) A warrior holding Shadowslayer among a great many bodies.
(d) A warrior holding Shadowslayer, lying dead beside his opponent.
11. In Chapter 16, who testifies for Longbranch about Jack's surgery as a child?
(a) Will and Fitch.
(d) Jack's father.
12. Why does Jack briefly consider falling on his sword?
(a) To protect Linda from the Wizards.
(b) To protect his mother from the Wizards.
(c) To keep from facing Ellen in the Games.
(d) To keep from playing in the Games.
13. What happens to the lobby doors when Linda and Jack try to exit through them?
(a) They explode.
(b) They burst into flames.
(c) They lock.
(d) They turn to steal.
14. What is dyrne sefa?
(a) A stone created by sorcerers that allows Jack to defy gravity.
(b) A stone created by sorcerers that allows Jack and Hastings to appear invisible.
(c) A stone created by sorcereres that allows Hastings to be impervious to injury.
(d) A stone created by sorcerers that allows Jack to be stronger than he is.
15. What woman accompanies Susannah to Raven's Ghyll after the dragon awakens?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, how does Jack disable Dr. Longbranch?
2. What does Linda tell Jack that the branch of the family began using as their emblem rather than the Red or White Rose?
3. According to Linda, who was born a warrior in Hastings family?
4. Who accuses Hastings of using charms to influence the outcome of the games?
5. Who makes up most of the spectators at the Games as far as Jack can tell in Chapter 15?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)