|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what does Jack see as he visits Westminster Abbey?
(a) Cool artifacts.
(b) Warrior ghosts.
(c) Wizards who want to kidnap him.
(d) His aunt flirting with the caretaker.
2. In Chapter 16, who testifies for Longbranch about Jack's surgery as a child?
(c) Jack's father.
(d) Will and Fitch.
3. Whom does Fitch see outside of a Christmas shop, apparently hunting for someone?
4. Why does Jack almost decide not to attend the end of school excursion in Chapter 11?
(a) He does not want to be alone with Leesha.
(b) He does not want Garrett to beat him up again.
(c) The bruises on his face will cause too many questions.
(d) His friends will ask too many questions about his night with Ellen.
5. In Chapter 15, what does Jack feel is an appropriate name for the mountain Hastings is forcing him to climb?
(b) Danger Zone.
6. Jack learns that ___________ wants him to fight in the Games.
7. What are released in the great hall that contain birds, stones, and butterflies?
(c) Floating baskets.
8. What does Hastings say Jack needs to win the Games?
9. What changes does Linda see in Jack's body that seem to unnerve her?
(a) Loss in stature.
(b) A gainin stature.
(c) Weight gain.
(d) Muscle growth.
10. Whose voice does Jack recall hearing in his delirium while he was injured?
(b) His mother.
(d) Dr. Longbranch.
11. According to Ellen, who in Wylie's thoughts was working to steal Shadowslayer from Susannah's grave?
(a) New Weir who are yet to be identified.
(b) Agents of the Silver Dragon.
(c) Agents of the White Rose.
(d) Rogue agents of the Red Rose.
12. Where is Jack wounded as he enters a small church in front of Westminster Abbey?
(a) In the chest.
(b) In the shoulder.
(c) In the back.
(d) In the leg.
13. What structure exists in Raven's Ghyll?
(a) A castle.
(b) A house.
(c) A church and several barns.
(d) A set of caves.
14. What group does Hastings accuse Linda of abandoning to rescue Jack?
(a) The Chaucerian Group.
(b) The Trinity High School summer camp.
(c) The Shakesperean Group.
(d) The Trinity High School Soccer club.
15. In Chapter 14, what does Jack find comforting about staying in Cumbria?
(a) The library.
(b) Hastings' presence.
(c) The routine.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first attack Ellen makes against Jack?
2. Dr. Longstreet objects to Hastings' warrior for what reason?
3. What structure does Fitch want to visit rather than eat lunch with Will?
4. What is Hastings accused of having done to deserve punishment?
5. Why does Linda claim that Jack's status as a warrior should be overruled?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)