|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what does Jack find comforting about staying in Cumbria?
(a) His mother.
(b) The routine.
(c) The library.
(d) Hastings' presence.
2. What woman accompanies Susannah to Raven's Ghyll after the dragon awakens?
3. What place does Dr. Longbranch suggest for Jack to visit?
(a) The Queen's Palace.
(b) The Tower.
(c) Big Ben.
(d) Westminster Abbey.
4. According to Hastings, whom was he not allowed to train in Susannah's family?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her daughter.
5. What changes does Linda see in Jack's body that seem to unnerve her?
(a) Loss in stature.
(b) Muscle growth.
(c) A gainin stature.
(d) Weight gain.
6. According to Hastings in Chapter 13, who lives in the area where his family home is located?
7. In Chapter 16, who testifies for Longbranch about Jack's surgery as a child?
(a) Jack's father.
(c) Will and Fitch.
8. What group does Hastings accuse Linda of abandoning to rescue Jack?
(a) The Shakesperean Group.
(b) The Trinity High School Soccer club.
(c) The Chaucerian Group.
(d) The Trinity High School summer camp.
9. What new weapon has Jack added to his arsenal since taking the memories of Jeremiah Brooks?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) An axe.
(d) A musket.
10. In Chapter 17, what does Jack see in Blaise's mirror before the Games begin?
(a) Himself lying dead in the arena.
(b) A warrior holding Shadowslayer among a great many bodies.
(c) A warrior holding Shadowslayer, lying dead beside his opponent.
(d) Himself, victorious over Ellen.
11. In Chapter 11, who first suggested they leave their drinks behind while they went on Thunder Canyon?
12. What does Hastings hope will happen before Linda finds out Jack is playing in the Games?
(a) Linda will be killed.
(b) Jack will win.
(c) It will be over.
(d) Becka will convince her of Jack's worth.
13. How many bouts does Jeremiah claim to have fought before he died?
(a) Fifteen or Seventeen.
(b) Eight or ten.
(c) Five or Six.
(d) Twelve or fourteen.
14. According to Linda, who was born a warrior in Hastings family?
(a) His brother, Martin.
(b) His father, Abe.
(c) His sister, Carrie.
(d) His mother, June.
15. What is the first charm Jack conjures to protect himself from Ellen?
(a) He causes her to become immobile.
(b) He makes her sword turn into rubber.
(c) He conjures a barrier between them.
(d) He throws her into the crowd.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ellen, who in Wylie's thoughts was working to steal Shadowslayer from Susannah's grave?
2. According to Linda, who is the premier wizard with the White Rose?
3. Whose voice does Jack recall hearing in his delirium while he was injured?
4. What new fighting skills does Jack have after Hastings bonds his memories with Jeremiah's?
5. According to Linda in Chapter 14, who is waiting for Jack and her in Oxford?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)