|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linda tell Jack that the branch of the family began using as their emblem rather than the Red or White Rose?
(a) The Silver Bear.
(b) The Silver Dragon.
(c) The Green Dragon.
(d) The Yellow Rose.
2. According to Hastings in Chapter 13, who lives in the area where his family home is located?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 16, why do people continuously knock on Jack's door?
(a) They want to meet the boy with the implanted stone.
(b) They want to talk him out of playing.
(c) They want to ask him to forfiet to save the Red Rose champion.
(d) They want to meet the mysterious champion.
4. What speculations does Hastings make about the Red Rose's champion?
(a) He or she is not well experienced.
(b) He or she has been in training for only a short time.
(c) He or she is young.
(d) He or she is much better than Jack.
5. Who surrounds Jack in the moments before the Games are to begin?
(a) His neighbors.
(b) His fans.
(c) His friends.
(d) His familiy.
6. According to Linda, who was born a warrior in Hastings family?
(a) His sister, Carrie.
(b) His father, Abe.
(c) His mother, June.
(d) His brother, Martin.
7. Whom does Linda interrogate Jack about after his return from the amusement park?
(a) Leander Hastings.
(b) His friends.
(c) His neighbors.
(d) People he saw at the park.
8. Whose voice does Jack recall hearing in his delirium while he was injured?
(a) His mother.
(c) Dr. Longbranch.
9. With what Indians does Jeremiah claim to have lived?
10. Jack learns that ___________ wants him to fight in the Games.
11. According to Ellen, who in Wylie's thoughts was working to steal Shadowslayer from Susannah's grave?
(a) Agents of the White Rose.
(b) Rogue agents of the Red Rose.
(c) New Weir who are yet to be identified.
(d) Agents of the Silver Dragon.
12. What changes does Linda see in Jack's body that seem to unnerve her?
(a) Muscle growth.
(b) Weight gain.
(c) Loss in stature.
(d) A gainin stature.
13. In Chapter 12, what does Jack see as he visits Westminster Abbey?
(a) Wizards who want to kidnap him.
(b) Cool artifacts.
(c) His aunt flirting with the caretaker.
(d) Warrior ghosts.
14. Why does Dr. Longbranch express regret that Becka did not bring Jack to his appointment that day?
(a) They could have asked Becka's permission to make Jack participate in the Games.
(b) They could have used Becka as a champion in the Games.
(c) They could have killed Becka to cover their tracks with Jack.
(d) They could have used Becka to inspire Jack during training.
15. In Chapter 16, whom did Longbranch want kidnapped and brought to Raven's Ghyll rather than Will and Fitch?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bouts does Jeremiah claim to have fought before he died?
2. In Chapter 16, who testifies for Longbranch about Jack's surgery as a child?
3. What is the Blue Streak?
4. According to Hastings, whom was he not allowed to train in Susannah's family?
5. What does Jack learn about Hastings experience with the Games?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)