|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 16, why do people continuously knock on Jack's door?
(a) They want to meet the boy with the implanted stone.
(b) They want to ask him to forfiet to save the Red Rose champion.
(c) They want to talk him out of playing.
(d) They want to meet the mysterious champion.
2. Dr. Longstreet objects to Hastings' warrior for what reason?
(a) She says Jack Swift is a wizard, not a warrior.
(b) She says Jack Swift is dead.
(c) She says Jack Swift is not trained well enough.
(d) She says Jack Swift is not of Weir blood.
3. Why does Linda claim that Jack's status as a warrior should be overruled?
(a) He was made, not born.
(b) He is a wizard by blood.
(c) He is underage.
(d) He is not fully trained.
4. What speculations does Hastings make about the Red Rose's champion?
(a) He or she is young.
(b) He or she is not well experienced.
(c) He or she is much better than Jack.
(d) He or she has been in training for only a short time.
5. In Chapter 12, how does Jack disable Dr. Longbranch?
(a) He hits her on the head with a bed pan.
(b) He allows Linda to enchant her.
(c) He touches her shoulder and releases magic into her.
(d) He casts a spell on her.
6. According to Hastings, whom was he not allowed to train in Susannah's family?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her husband.
7. In Chapter 12, what does Dr. Longbranch guess from Jack's physical condition?
(a) He could fight in the Games even while still taking the medication.
(b) He is still taking the medication.
(c) He is too weak to fight in the Games.
(d) He has stopped taking the medicatioin and has been training.
8. What does Hastings say is the reward of winning the Games?
(b) Fame and fortune.
(d) The right to love whomever he wants.
9. What new weapon has Jack added to his arsenal since taking the memories of Jeremiah Brooks?
(a) An axe.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A musket.
(d) A bow and arrow.
10. According to Linda, who is the premier wizard with the White Rose?
(a) Jessamine Longbranch.
(b) Becka Swift.
(c) Leander Hastings.
(d) Linda Downey.
11. According to Linda in Chapter 14, who is waiting for Jack and her in Oxford?
12. Who accuses Hastings of using charms to influence the outcome of the games?
13. Where is Jack wounded as he enters a small church in front of Westminster Abbey?
(a) In the shoulder.
(b) In the leg.
(c) In the back.
(d) In the chest.
14. Who surrounds Jack in the moments before the Games are to begin?
(a) His fans.
(b) His neighbors.
(c) His friends.
(d) His familiy.
15. What new fighting skills does Jack have after Hastings bonds his memories with Jeremiah's?
(a) Martial arts.
(b) Close knife fighting.
(c) Bar fighting.
(d) Hatchet throwing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bouts does Jeremiah claim to have fought before he died?
2. Why does Dr. Longbranch suggest a story of Jack's death to Linda?
3. With what Indians does Jeremiah claim to have lived?
4. In Chapter 11, who first suggested they leave their drinks behind while they went on Thunder Canyon?
5. Whom does Linda interrogate Jack about after his return from the amusement park?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)