|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What structure exists in Raven's Ghyll?
(a) A castle.
(b) A set of caves.
(c) A house.
(d) A church and several barns.
2. Dr. Longstreet objects to Hastings' warrior for what reason?
(a) She says Jack Swift is a wizard, not a warrior.
(b) She says Jack Swift is dead.
(c) She says Jack Swift is not trained well enough.
(d) She says Jack Swift is not of Weir blood.
3. How many bouts does Jeremiah claim to have fought before he died?
(a) Fifteen or Seventeen.
(b) Twelve or fourteen.
(c) Eight or ten.
(d) Five or Six.
4. In Chapter 12, who has a champion that it plans on putting forward for a tournament on Midsummer's Day?
(a) The Silver Bear.
(b) The Red Rose.
(c) The White Rose.
(d) The Silver Dragon.
5. Who is to be Jack's opponent in the Games?
6. What is dyrne sefa?
(a) A stone created by sorcerers that allows Jack and Hastings to appear invisible.
(b) A stone created by sorcerers that allows Jack to defy gravity.
(c) A stone created by sorcereres that allows Hastings to be impervious to injury.
(d) A stone created by sorcerers that allows Jack to be stronger than he is.
7. What speculations does Hastings make about the Red Rose's champion?
(a) He or she is much better than Jack.
(b) He or she has been in training for only a short time.
(c) He or she is not well experienced.
(d) He or she is young.
8. What proof does Linda offer for the surgery that left Jack with a warrior's stone rather than a wizard's stone?
(a) His surgical scar.
(b) Dr. Longbranch's testimony.
(c) His prescription medications.
(d) His medical records.
9. Why does Jack almost decide not to attend the end of school excursion in Chapter 11?
(a) The bruises on his face will cause too many questions.
(b) He does not want Garrett to beat him up again.
(c) His friends will ask too many questions about his night with Ellen.
(d) He does not want to be alone with Leesha.
10. What new fighting skills does Jack have after Hastings bonds his memories with Jeremiah's?
(a) Bar fighting.
(b) Martial arts.
(c) Close knife fighting.
(d) Hatchet throwing.
11. Who is the first to see the dead fish in the river in Chapter 11?
12. In Chapter 11, who identifies the poison in Jack's drink?
13. Why does Jack agree to play in the Games?
(a) To prove his worth as a warrior.
(b) To prove a wizard can win as a warrior.
(c) To protect his family and friends.
(d) To help out Hastings.
14. What does D'Orsay write in the Rules of Engagement?
(a) A new rule against made warriors fighting in the Games.
(b) A new rule allowing made warriors to fight in the Games.
(c) A new rule against warriors using wizardry.
(d) A new rule allowing warriors to use wizardry.
15. What new weapon has Jack added to his arsenal since taking the memories of Jeremiah Brooks?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A musket.
(c) An axe.
(d) A bow and arrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do voices say in Jack's mind as he approaches the grounds where the Games are played?
2. In Chapter 12, how does Jack disable Dr. Longbranch?
3. In Chapter 17, what does Jack see in Blaise's mirror before the Games begin?
4. In Chapter 12, what does Dr. Longbranch guess from Jack's physical condition?
5. What woman accompanies Susannah to Raven's Ghyll after the dragon awakens?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)