|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What woman accompanies Susannah to Raven's Ghyll after the dragon awakens?
2. In Chapter 12, how does Jack disable Dr. Longbranch?
(a) He casts a spell on her.
(b) He touches her shoulder and releases magic into her.
(c) He allows Linda to enchant her.
(d) He hits her on the head with a bed pan.
3. Why does Ellen threaten to pour Jack's drink over his head?
(a) He was threatening to get her wet.
(b) He tried to kiss her.
(c) He did not get wet enough on the water ride.
(d) He was teasing her.
4. In Chapter 12, what does Dr. Longbranch guess from Jack's physical condition?
(a) He is still taking the medication.
(b) He has stopped taking the medicatioin and has been training.
(c) He could fight in the Games even while still taking the medication.
(d) He is too weak to fight in the Games.
5. With what Indians does Jeremiah claim to have lived?
6. What does Simon Paige say to Jack before the hearing on the grievances against Jack?
(a) He knows Ellen is looking forward to killing Jack.
(b) May the best man win.
(c) He hopes there are no hard feelings.
(d) He cannot wait to see his blood spill.
7. What does D'Orsay write in the Rules of Engagement?
(a) A new rule against warriors using wizardry.
(b) A new rule against made warriors fighting in the Games.
(c) A new rule allowing made warriors to fight in the Games.
(d) A new rule allowing warriors to use wizardry.
8. What structure does Fitch want to visit rather than eat lunch with Will?
(a) The Citadel.
(b) Big Ben.
(c) Westminster Abbey.
(d) The Louvre.
9. At the beginning of Chapter 16, why do people continuously knock on Jack's door?
(a) They want to ask him to forfiet to save the Red Rose champion.
(b) They want to meet the mysterious champion.
(c) They want to meet the boy with the implanted stone.
(d) They want to talk him out of playing.
10. Whom does Linda interrogate Jack about after his return from the amusement park?
(a) Leander Hastings.
(b) His friends.
(c) People he saw at the park.
(d) His neighbors.
11. How many bouts does Jeremiah claim to have fought before he died?
(a) Fifteen or Seventeen.
(b) Twelve or fourteen.
(c) Eight or ten.
(d) Five or Six.
12. Who is to be Jack's opponent in the Games?
13. According to Linda, who is the premier wizard with the White Rose?
(a) Becka Swift.
(b) Linda Downey.
(c) Leander Hastings.
(d) Jessamine Longbranch.
14. What happens to the lobby doors when Linda and Jack try to exit through them?
(a) They lock.
(b) They burst into flames.
(c) They turn to steal.
(d) They explode.
15. How does the weather change after D'Orsay writes in the Rules of Engagement?
(a) It becomes hotter.
(b) It becomes clearer.
(c) It suddenly grows cold.
(d) It becomes windy and cloudy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first attack Ellen makes against Jack?
2. What feature of Hastings' house does Becka extoll to Jack?
3. In Chapter 12, what does Jack see as he visits Westminster Abbey?
4. What structure exists in Raven's Ghyll?
5. Who makes up most of the spectators at the Games as far as Jack can tell in Chapter 15?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)