|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hastings say Jack needs to win the Games?
2. In Chapter 12, what does Jack see as he visits Westminster Abbey?
(a) Wizards who want to kidnap him.
(b) His aunt flirting with the caretaker.
(c) Cool artifacts.
(d) Warrior ghosts.
3. What is the shape of Jack's scar from the surgery he underwent as an infant?
(a) A long, jagged line.
4. According to Linda, who was born a warrior in Hastings family?
(a) His mother, June.
(b) His sister, Carrie.
(c) His brother, Martin.
(d) His father, Abe.
5. What are released in the great hall that contain birds, stones, and butterflies?
(b) Floating baskets.
6. What is the first charm Jack conjures to protect himself from Ellen?
(a) He makes her sword turn into rubber.
(b) He conjures a barrier between them.
(c) He causes her to become immobile.
(d) He throws her into the crowd.
7. What group does Hastings accuse Linda of abandoning to rescue Jack?
(a) The Chaucerian Group.
(b) The Trinity High School Soccer club.
(c) The Trinity High School summer camp.
(d) The Shakesperean Group.
8. What gift does Jack buy for Ellen?
(a) A model of Westminster Abbey.
(b) British football club jerseys.
(c) A diary with a fancy lock.
(d) A necklace.
9. At the beginning of Chapter 16, why do people continuously knock on Jack's door?
(a) They want to meet the boy with the implanted stone.
(b) They want to meet the mysterious champion.
(c) They want to talk him out of playing.
(d) They want to ask him to forfiet to save the Red Rose champion.
10. According to Hastings, what regulates everything at the Games?
(a) The Rules of Engagement.
(b) The Master of Ceremonies.
(c) The council.
(d) The champions.
11. In Chapter 16, who testifies for Longbranch about Jack's surgery as a child?
(a) Will and Fitch.
(d) Jack's father.
12. According to Linda in Chapter 14, who is waiting for Jack and her in Oxford?
13. In Chapter 15, what does Jack feel is an appropriate name for the mountain Hastings is forcing him to climb?
(a) Danger Zone.
14. In Chapter 12, how does Jack disable Dr. Longbranch?
(a) He touches her shoulder and releases magic into her.
(b) He allows Linda to enchant her.
(c) He hits her on the head with a bed pan.
(d) He casts a spell on her.
15. What is Hastings accused of having done to deserve punishment?
(a) Hidden warriors.
(b) Sold wizards in the Trade.
(c) Trained warriors without permission.
(d) Spilled wizard blood in defiance of the rules.
Short Answer Questions
1. What structure does Fitch want to visit rather than eat lunch with Will?
2. Who surrounds Jack in the moments before the Games are to begin?
3. Where is Jack wounded as he enters a small church in front of Westminster Abbey?
4. What changes does Linda see in Jack's body that seem to unnerve her?
5. What woman accompanies Susannah to Raven's Ghyll after the dragon awakens?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)