|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hastings accused of having done to deserve punishment?
(a) Sold wizards in the Trade.
(b) Spilled wizard blood in defiance of the rules.
(c) Trained warriors without permission.
(d) Hidden warriors.
2. According to Ellen, who in Wylie's thoughts was working to steal Shadowslayer from Susannah's grave?
(a) New Weir who are yet to be identified.
(b) Rogue agents of the Red Rose.
(c) Agents of the White Rose.
(d) Agents of the Silver Dragon.
3. Why does Ellen threaten to pour Jack's drink over his head?
(a) He tried to kiss her.
(b) He was teasing her.
(c) He was threatening to get her wet.
(d) He did not get wet enough on the water ride.
4. What happens to the lobby doors when Linda and Jack try to exit through them?
(a) They lock.
(b) They turn to steal.
(c) They burst into flames.
(d) They explode.
5. Whose voice does Jack recall hearing in his delirium while he was injured?
(b) His mother.
(d) Dr. Longbranch.
6. What emblem appears on Jack's tunic for the Games?
(a) A Silver Dragon.
(b) A Red Rose.
(c) A White Elephant.
(d) A White Rose.
7. Who makes up most of the spectators at the Games as far as Jack can tell in Chapter 15?
(b) Family members.
(c) Weir of all kinds.
8. In Chapter 11, who first suggested they leave their drinks behind while they went on Thunder Canyon?
9. Becka thinks Jack's ailment is really a ___________.
(a) Bacterial infection.
(c) Shoulder injury.
(d) Leg injury.
10. What is the Blue Streak?
(a) A bus.
(b) A train.
(c) A roller coaster.
(d) A sports car.
11. Who is to be Jack's opponent in the Games?
12. What is the shape of Jack's scar from the surgery he underwent as an infant?
(b) A long, jagged line.
13. At the beginning of Chapter 16, why do people continuously knock on Jack's door?
(a) They want to meet the mysterious champion.
(b) They want to meet the boy with the implanted stone.
(c) They want to talk him out of playing.
(d) They want to ask him to forfiet to save the Red Rose champion.
14. What does Hastings say Jack needs to win the Games?
15. Who accuses Hastings of using charms to influence the outcome of the games?
Short Answer Questions
1. What structure does Fitch want to visit rather than eat lunch with Will?
2. What group does Hastings accuse Linda of abandoning to rescue Jack?
3. Linda tells Jack that members of the family in America began marrying what type of people, perhaps leading to him being born without a stone?
4. What is the first charm Jack conjures to protect himself from Ellen?
5. What new weapon has Jack added to his arsenal since taking the memories of Jeremiah Brooks?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)