|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jack, Will, and Fitch do after leaving the library in Chapter 4?
(a) Go to find Linda.
(b) Go back to the hotel to swim.
(c) Go to have lunch.
(d) Go shopping for supplies.
2. Why does Linda want to go to Coalton County in Chapter 2?
(a) Research for a book.
(b) Genealogy research.
(c) Antique shopping.
(d) A vacation.
3. Whom does Jack notice as paying more romantic interest in him despite her boyfriend?
4. In Chapter 6, why does Jack tell Becka he has moved his medicine to the bathroom?
(a) He can remember it better if he sees it first thing in the morning.
(b) It will be easier to remember if he takes it before brushing his teeth.
(c) It tastes better first thing in the morning.
(d) It's more convenient to keep it with the other medicines.
5. In what year does Lee's story take place?
6. Why does Dr. Longbranch want to take baby Jack with her to England in the prologue?
(a) She is afraid Becka cannot care for him properly.
(b) She does not trust Becka to keep quiet about the surgery.
(c) She always wanted kids.
(d) To protect him from others because his value has doubled due to the surgery.
7. Sam Hadley tells Jack he is __________.
(a) A historian.
(b) A genealogy researcher.
(c) An archeologist.
(d) A college professor.
8. In Chapter 9, what does Jack think his training is leading him toward?
(a) To protect his aunt from wizards.
(b) Some kind of challenge.
(c) Greater understanding of Weir.
(d) To protect himself from kidnappers.
9. How long had Lee's family been on the run before returning to their home as Lee describes in the beginning of the prologue?
(a) Six months.
(b) A week.
(c) A fortnight.
(d) A month.
10. What shortage does Dr. Longbranch hope Jack's surgery might prove an end to?
(a) Warriors for the Games.
(b) Organ donors.
(d) White Rose members.
11. What does Jack see in the mirror Nick gives to him?
(a) Himself being sold at auction.
(b) His mother being attacked.
(c) His aunt being attacked.
(d) Himself dying in the tournament.
12. What happens to the wizard following Linda into the ruins when he steps into the yard?
(a) He dies.
(b) He falls to the ground in pain.
(c) He disappears.
(d) He is attacked by mythical creatures.
13. In Chapter 10, what was the final score of the championship game in soccer?
14. What explanation does Will make for Garrett slamming into the net during soccer tryouts?
(a) Jack pushed him.
(b) He tripped.
(c) Fitch pushed him.
(d) He stumbled over the ball.
15. What occupation was listed for Susannah Downy in the records at the courthouse in Chapter 3?
(a) Farmer's wife.
(d) Merchant's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to Jack's house to walk to school with him in Chapter 1?
2. Where was Carrie hiding when Lee found her?
3. What is different about Susannah's grave as compared to the graves around it?
4. What does Nick tell Jack is the main product among agents in the Trade?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what type of fighting are Jack and Mr. Hastings participating in?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)