|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does Jack say he would like to be when he grows up?
2. In Chapter 6, Nick tells Jack that ___________created his Weirbook.
3. What shortage does Dr. Longbranch hope Jack's surgery might prove an end to?
(a) White Rose members.
(c) Warriors for the Games.
(d) Organ donors.
4. In Chapter 8, what problems does Jack point out about the Rules of Engagement?
(a) It is unclear about certain key points.
(b) It is inherently unfair to Wizards.
(c) It is outdated.
(d) It is written in a difficult language.
5. What does Jack consider as Nick's specialty when it comes to school subjects?
(a) English literature.
6. What is the cause of death listed for Susannah Downy in the courthouse records found in Chapter 3?
(d) Child birth.
7. Where did Dr. Longbranch get the stone that she implanted in Jack?
(a) A White Rose warrior killed by Red Rose agents.
(b) A warrior who died in the Games.
(c) From a distant relative of Jack's.
(d) From Jack's father.
8. Why does Jack believe in Chapter 3 that Linda did not ask him to drive?
(a) She does not want him to damage her car.
(b) He does not have his learner's permit.
(c) He would not drive fast enough.
(d) He is not experienced enough.
9. Where does Linda take Jack to tell him the secrets of his heritage?
(d) A diner.
10. According to Hastings, who are the people that he conjures up with his charms for Jack to practice against?
(a) Ghosts from the local cemeteries.
(b) Champions from the past, long dead.
(c) Spirits from the Netherland.
(d) Figments of his imagination.
11. In Chapter 9, what happens when Hastings drives Jack home to get Shadowslayer before their practice session?
(a) Nick and Hastings argue.
(b) Hastings is rude to Becka.
(c) Hastings flirts with Becka.
(d) Mercedes makes Hastings leave.
12. In what year does Lee's story take place?
13. What does Mr. Hastings tell Jack is the first step to controlling his powers?
14. What do Jack, Will, and Fitch do after leaving the library in Chapter 4?
(a) Go to find Linda.
(b) Go to have lunch.
(c) Go shopping for supplies.
(d) Go back to the hotel to swim.
15. What do the two strangers steal from the soccer coach at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) His soccer balls.
(b) The tryout list.
(c) His car keys.
(d) The team roster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fitch find odd about the man who attacked them in the courthouse in Chapter 3?
2. What reason does Mr. Hastings give Jack for coming to Ohio from New York?
3. What is the occupation of Lee's father?
4. What object does Mr. Hastings want Jack to move with nothing but his magic?
5. One whole room of Nick's apartment is dedicated to _____________.
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)