|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Carrie hiding when Lee found her?
(a) The attic.
(b) The basement.
(c) The barn.
(d) The root cellar.
2. In Chapter 10, what does Jack say he would like to be when he grows up?
3. Linda tells everyone her job is _______________.
(a) Selling art.
(b) Selling antiques.
(c) Selling real estate.
(d) Painting portraits.
4. Rather than attend a party, Jack decides to walk home with whom in Chapter 10?
5. What does Linda tell Jack is a possible reason why he was born without his crystal?
(a) The spell of a wizard.
(b) Mixed blood.
(c) His father's family history.
(d) A simple birth defect.
6. What truth does Jack learn about many of his neighbors that surprises him?
(a) They are all wizards.
(b) They are all normal people who just care about him.
(c) Many of them are either weir or know about the guilds.
(d) They are all warriors.
7. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what type of fighting are Jack and Mr. Hastings participating in?
8. Why does Will quickly agree to go to Coalton County with Jack and his aunt in Chapter 2?
(a) He wants to stay in a hotel with a pool.
(b) He thinks Linda is pretty.
(c) He likes to help people out.
(d) He wants to escape family game night.
9. What does Jack consider as Nick's specialty when it comes to school subjects?
(b) English literature.
10. Where does Linda take Jack to tell him the secrets of his heritage?
(b) A diner.
11. Whom does Linda tell Jack in Chapter 5 that he should not trust?
(a) Will and Fitch.
(b) Ellen and Leesha.
(c) Everyone, but especially Dr. Longbranch.
12. What does Linda tell Jack he will find at Susannah's grave?
(a) A weapon.
(b) A treasure box.
(c) A diary.
(d) A Weirbook.
13. What happens to the wizard following Linda into the ruins when he steps into the yard?
(a) He dies.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He is attacked by mythical creatures.
(d) He falls to the ground in pain.
14. Sam Hadley tells Jack he is __________.
(a) An archeologist.
(b) A historian.
(c) A college professor.
(d) A genealogy researcher.
15. What shortage does Dr. Longbranch hope Jack's surgery might prove an end to?
(a) Warriors for the Games.
(b) Organ donors.
(d) White Rose members.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will be Leander Hastings' primary job at Trinity High School?
2. Whose mother is a member of the school board?
3. In Chapter 10, to what does Jack attribute Ellen's ability to help him in the fight against Lobeck and his friends?
4. In Chapter 8, what problems does Jack point out about the Rules of Engagement?
5. What is Becka not good at that Jack had to take control of as a young child?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)