|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to Jack's house to walk to school with him in Chapter 1?
2. What does Mr. Hastings tell Jack is the first step to controlling his powers?
3. What do the two strangers steal from the soccer coach at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) His car keys.
(b) The team roster.
(c) The tryout list.
(d) His soccer balls.
4. Where was Carrie hiding when Lee found her?
(a) The basement.
(b) The root cellar.
(c) The barn.
(d) The attic.
5. What does Jack realize is fairly routine for his aunt in Chapter 5?
(a) Using fake IDs, switching cars.
(b) Spending money like it grows on trees.
(c) Trying to lose guys who want to date her.
(d) Lying to the people who are closest to her.
6. Whose mother is a member of the school board?
7. What does Fitch find odd about the man who attacked them in the courthouse in Chapter 3?
(a) He did not set off any alarms.
(b) He would risk damaging the records.
(c) He was calm.
(d) He carried a sword.
8. Where does Jack tell Will and Fitch to run when they are confronted by the wizard at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) The hotel.
(b) The church.
(c) The grave.
(d) The car.
9. What caused Jack to stay up too late the night before his soccer tryouts?
(a) A new book.
(c) A new video game.
(d) A movie marathon.
10. What does Jack consider as Nick's specialty when it comes to school subjects?
(d) English literature.
11. What occupation was listed for Susannah Downy in the records at the courthouse in Chapter 3?
(a) Farmer's wife.
(c) Merchant's wife.
12. Who was Jack's former girlfriend?
13. In Chapter 10, to what does Jack attribute Ellen's ability to help him in the fight against Lobeck and his friends?
(a) Boxing training.
(b) Soccer training.
14. What reason does Mr. Hastings give Jack for coming to Ohio from New York?
(a) He could not refuse Becka.
(b) He wanted to meet the warrior that should have been a wizard.
(c) He could not say no to Linda.
(d) He wanted to become a teacher.
15. Why does Linda want to go to Coalton County in Chapter 2?
(a) Genealogy research.
(b) Research for a book.
(c) Antique shopping.
(d) A vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Lee's family been on the run before returning to their home as Lee describes in the beginning of the prologue?
2. Where does Mr. Hastings take Jack in Chapter 7 for their first training session?
3. According to Hastings, who are the people that he conjures up with his charms for Jack to practice against?
4. In Chapter 6, why does Jack tell Becka he has moved his medicine to the bathroom?
5. From what point of view is the novel written?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)