|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jack tell Will and Fitch to run when they are confronted by the wizard at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) The grave.
(b) The hotel.
(c) The car.
(d) The church.
2. Of what stone is Lee the only one of four children to show the telltale signs?
3. Why does Linda want to go to Coalton County in Chapter 2?
(a) A vacation.
(b) Research for a book.
(c) Genealogy research.
(d) Antique shopping.
4. Why does Dr. Longbranch want to take baby Jack with her to England in the prologue?
(a) She is afraid Becka cannot care for him properly.
(b) To protect him from others because his value has doubled due to the surgery.
(c) She does not trust Becka to keep quiet about the surgery.
(d) She always wanted kids.
5. What explanation does Will make for Garrett slamming into the net during soccer tryouts?
(a) He tripped.
(b) Fitch pushed him.
(c) Jack pushed him.
(d) He stumbled over the ball.
6. What occupation was listed for Susannah Downy in the records at the courthouse in Chapter 3?
(a) Farmer's wife.
(c) Merchant's wife.
7. Linda tells everyone her job is _______________.
(a) Painting portraits.
(b) Selling art.
(c) Selling real estate.
(d) Selling antiques.
8. What does Fitch find odd about the man who attacked them in the courthouse in Chapter 3?
(a) He did not set off any alarms.
(b) He would risk damaging the records.
(c) He was calm.
(d) He carried a sword.
9. Who is with Becka in the kitchen when Jack awakes in Chapter 2?
10. Why does Will not want Linda to drop him off at his house at the end of the weekend?
(a) He is afraid his parents are angry with him.
(b) He wants to avoid his many younger siblings.
(c) There is still mulch to be spread.
(d) He wants to spend more time with Linda.
11. In Chapter 6, Nick tells Jack that ___________created his Weirbook.
12. What is the name of the cafe where Will, Jack, and Fitch wait repeatedly to meet with Linda or speak to her on the phone?
(a) Golden bird.
13. Sam Hadley tells Jack he is __________.
(a) A genealogy researcher.
(b) A college professor.
(c) An archeologist.
(d) A historian.
14. What does Linda tell Jack is a possible reason why he was born without his crystal?
(a) A simple birth defect.
(b) His father's family history.
(c) Mixed blood.
(d) The spell of a wizard.
15. What do Jack, Will, and Fitch do after leaving the library in Chapter 4?
(a) Go back to the hotel to swim.
(b) Go to have lunch.
(c) Go shopping for supplies.
(d) Go to find Linda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause of death listed for Susannah Downy in the courthouse records found in Chapter 3?
2. Who does Linda say can be the only one to open the object Jack is to find at Susannah's grave?
3. What is the Rules of Engagement?
4. What object does Mr. Hastings want Jack to move with nothing but his magic?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what type of fighting are Jack and Mr. Hastings participating in?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)