|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of Lee's father?
2. What caused Jack to stay up too late the night before his soccer tryouts?
(a) A new book.
(c) A new video game.
(d) A movie marathon.
3. In Chapter 9, why does Hastings say he can no longer serve as Jack's opponent?
(a) Jack has gotten too strong for him.
(b) Jack is now using Shadowslayer.
(c) Jack has gotten too good for his skills.
(d) Jack needs to learn what it feels like to kill.
4. What injury does Jack suffer in the championship game while contributing to the winning goal?
(a) A broken toe.
(b) A sprained wrist.
(c) A bruised rib.
(d) A twisted ankle.
5. Who does Linda say can be the only one to open the object Jack is to find at Susannah's grave?
(a) Only Will.
(b) Only Fitch.
(c) Only Jack.
(d) Will or Fitch.
6. According to Hastings, who are the people that he conjures up with his charms for Jack to practice against?
(a) Ghosts from the local cemeteries.
(b) Spirits from the Netherland.
(c) Champions from the past, long dead.
(d) Figments of his imagination.
7. What is different about Susannah's grave as compared to the graves around it?
(a) Susannah's is the only one without a stone.
(b) Susannah's grave is well tended where the others have become overgrown with weeds.
(c) Susannah's is stuck off by itself.
(d) Susannah's is overgrown while the others are well tended.
8. In Chapter 10, to what does Jack attribute Ellen's ability to help him in the fight against Lobeck and his friends?
(b) Soccer training.
(c) Boxing training.
9. What explanation does Will make for Garrett slamming into the net during soccer tryouts?
(a) He stumbled over the ball.
(b) He tripped.
(c) Fitch pushed him.
(d) Jack pushed him.
10. What does Jack consider as Nick's specialty when it comes to school subjects?
(b) English literature.
11. Who was Jack's former girlfriend?
12. What does Jack suddenly realize about his aunt at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) She is an enchanter.
(b) She is a warrior.
(c) She is lying to him.
(d) She is his real mother.
13. How long had Lee's family been on the run before returning to their home as Lee describes in the beginning of the prologue?
(a) A month.
(b) A week.
(c) A fortnight.
(d) Six months.
14. What do Jack, Will, and Fitch do after leaving the library in Chapter 4?
(a) Go to find Linda.
(b) Go back to the hotel to swim.
(c) Go shopping for supplies.
(d) Go to have lunch.
15. Why does Dr. Longbranch want to take baby Jack with her to England in the prologue?
(a) She does not trust Becka to keep quiet about the surgery.
(b) To protect him from others because his value has doubled due to the surgery.
(c) She is afraid Becka cannot care for him properly.
(d) She always wanted kids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shortage does Dr. Longbranch hope Jack's surgery might prove an end to?
2. What is the name of the cafe where Will, Jack, and Fitch wait repeatedly to meet with Linda or speak to her on the phone?
3. What happens to the wizard following Linda into the ruins when he steps into the yard?
4. What occupation was listed for Susannah Downy in the records at the courthouse in Chapter 3?
5. What does Nick call Leander Hastings?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)