|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack see in the mirror Nick gives to him?
(a) His aunt being attacked.
(b) Himself being sold at auction.
(c) His mother being attacked.
(d) Himself dying in the tournament.
2. In Chapter 10, whom does Jack discover at his house when he arrives home after his fight with Lobeck?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what type of fighting are Jack and Mr. Hastings participating in?
4. What does Jack consider as Nick's specialty when it comes to school subjects?
(c) English literature.
5. Where was Carrie hiding when Lee found her?
(a) The root cellar.
(b) The basement.
(c) The barn.
(d) The attic.
6. How long had Lee's family been on the run before returning to their home as Lee describes in the beginning of the prologue?
(a) A week.
(b) Six months.
(c) A month.
(d) A fortnight.
7. What occupation was listed for Susannah Downy in the records at the courthouse in Chapter 3?
(c) Merchant's wife.
(d) Farmer's wife.
8. What does Linda tell Jack he will find at Susannah's grave?
(a) A treasure box.
(b) A Weirbook.
(c) A weapon.
(d) A diary.
9. What do Jack, Will, and Fitch do after leaving the library in Chapter 4?
(a) Go back to the hotel to swim.
(b) Go to find Linda.
(c) Go to have lunch.
(d) Go shopping for supplies.
10. Whose mother is a member of the school board?
11. What stone should Dr. Longbranch have inserted in Jack during the surgery?
(a) A wizard stone.
(b) A warrior stone.
(c) An enchanter's stone.
(d) A sorcerer stone.
12. In Chapter 10, what was the final score of the championship game in soccer?
13. Where does Jack tell Will and Fitch to run when they are confronted by the wizard at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) The car.
(b) The hotel.
(c) The church.
(d) The grave.
14. Who was Jack's former girlfriend?
15. In Chapter 8, why is Jack worried about his aunt, Linda?
(a) She seemed mad at him the last time she called.
(b) She has not called since their trip to Coal Grove.
(c) She refuses to acknowledge the conversation they had at the diner.
(d) She went out with Nick several days ago and never called again.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, why does Jack worry that hiding his powers might become difficult?
2. Who once brought Linda to these ruins and told her of the tragedy that took place there?
3. In Chapter 9, what happens when Hastings drives Jack home to get Shadowslayer before their practice session?
4. What is the name of the cafe where Will, Jack, and Fitch wait repeatedly to meet with Linda or speak to her on the phone?
5. From what point of view is the novel written?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)