|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Dr. Longbranch get the stone that she implanted in Jack?
(a) A White Rose warrior killed by Red Rose agents.
(b) From a distant relative of Jack's.
(c) A warrior who died in the Games.
(d) From Jack's father.
2. What do Jack, Will, and Fitch do after leaving the library in Chapter 4?
(a) Go to find Linda.
(b) Go shopping for supplies.
(c) Go back to the hotel to swim.
(d) Go to have lunch.
3. According to Hastings, who are the people that he conjures up with his charms for Jack to practice against?
(a) Champions from the past, long dead.
(b) Figments of his imagination.
(c) Spirits from the Netherland.
(d) Ghosts from the local cemeteries.
4. In Chapter 10, whom does Jack discover at his house when he arrives home after his fight with Lobeck?
5. What truth does Jack learn about many of his neighbors that surprises him?
(a) Many of them are either weir or know about the guilds.
(b) They are all normal people who just care about him.
(c) They are all warriors.
(d) They are all wizards.
6. How long had Lee's family been on the run before returning to their home as Lee describes in the beginning of the prologue?
(a) A fortnight.
(b) A month.
(c) Six months.
(d) A week.
7. Linda tells everyone her job is _______________.
(a) Selling real estate.
(b) Painting portraits.
(c) Selling antiques.
(d) Selling art.
8. What shortage does Dr. Longbranch hope Jack's surgery might prove an end to?
(a) Organ donors.
(c) Warriors for the Games.
(d) White Rose members.
9. What is Dr. Longbranch's stone?
10. Where was Carrie hiding when Lee found her?
(a) The basement.
(b) The attic.
(c) The barn.
(d) The root cellar.
11. Where does Mr. Hastings take Jack in Chapter 7 for their first training session?
(a) The school gym.
(b) The mountains.
(c) An empty soccer field.
(d) A fitness club.
12. What caused Jack to stay up too late the night before his soccer tryouts?
(a) A new book.
(c) A movie marathon.
(d) A new video game.
13. In Chapter 6, what damage does Longbranch notice in Wylie's face when he arrives for a dinner party?
(a) A cut on his cheek.
(b) A broken nose.
(c) Bruising around his eyes.
(d) A burn along the right side.
14. Who does Linda say can be the only one to open the object Jack is to find at Susannah's grave?
(a) Only Jack.
(b) Will or Fitch.
(c) Only Fitch.
(d) Only Will.
15. What is the name of the wizard who follows Linda to the ruins?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose mother is a member of the school board?
2. What type of surgery does Jack believe Dr. Longbranch performed on him when he was an infant?
3. In Chapter 8, why is Jack worried about his aunt, Linda?
4. What does Linda tell Jack is a possible reason why he was born without his crystal?
5. Who once brought Linda to these ruins and told her of the tragedy that took place there?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)