|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack consider as Nick's specialty when it comes to school subjects?
(c) English literature.
2. What truth does Jack learn about many of his neighbors that surprises him?
(a) Many of them are either weir or know about the guilds.
(b) They are all normal people who just care about him.
(c) They are all warriors.
(d) They are all wizards.
3. Sam Hadley tells Jack he is __________.
(a) A genealogy researcher.
(b) An archeologist.
(c) A college professor.
(d) A historian.
4. What will be Leander Hastings' primary job at Trinity High School?
(a) Extra curricular activity coordinator.
(b) Disipline and attendance.
(c) Sports director.
5. What is Becka not good at that Jack had to take control of as a young child?
(c) Keeping a budget.
(d) Cleaning the house.
6. What caused Jack to stay up too late the night before his soccer tryouts?
(b) A new video game.
(c) A new book.
(d) A movie marathon.
7. Who was Jack's former girlfriend?
8. How long had Lee's family been on the run before returning to their home as Lee describes in the beginning of the prologue?
(a) A week.
(b) Six months.
(c) A fortnight.
(d) A month.
9. Of what stone is Lee the only one of four children to show the telltale signs?
10. What injury does Jack suffer in the championship game while contributing to the winning goal?
(a) A broken toe.
(b) A twisted ankle.
(c) A bruised rib.
(d) A sprained wrist.
11. Who does Linda tell Jack are the most powerful among the weirs?
12. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what type of fighting are Jack and Mr. Hastings participating in?
13. Who is with Becka in the kitchen when Jack awakes in Chapter 2?
14. According to Hastings, who are the people that he conjures up with his charms for Jack to practice against?
(a) Ghosts from the local cemeteries.
(b) Figments of his imagination.
(c) Champions from the past, long dead.
(d) Spirits from the Netherland.
15. What does Linda tell Jack he will find at Susannah's grave?
(a) A diary.
(b) A weapon.
(c) A Weirbook.
(d) A treasure box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Hastings response when Jack asks if the power he feels when he holds Shadowslayer is coming from the sword or from within himself?
2. What do Jack, Will, and Fitch do after leaving the library in Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 6, Nick tells Jack that ___________created his Weirbook.
4. In Chapter 8, what problems does Jack point out about the Rules of Engagement?
5. In Chapter 6, why does Jack worry that hiding his powers might become difficult?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)