|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Nick tells Jack that ___________created his Weirbook.
2. Linda tells everyone her job is _______________.
(a) Selling antiques.
(b) Painting portraits.
(c) Selling real estate.
(d) Selling art.
3. Where was Carrie hiding when Lee found her?
(a) The attic.
(b) The barn.
(c) The root cellar.
(d) The basement.
4. Who is with Becka in the kitchen when Jack awakes in Chapter 2?
5. What does Jack realize is fairly routine for his aunt in Chapter 5?
(a) Spending money like it grows on trees.
(b) Trying to lose guys who want to date her.
(c) Using fake IDs, switching cars.
(d) Lying to the people who are closest to her.
6. What is the occupation of Lee's father?
7. What reason does Mr. Hastings give Jack for coming to Ohio from New York?
(a) He wanted to become a teacher.
(b) He could not say no to Linda.
(c) He wanted to meet the warrior that should have been a wizard.
(d) He could not refuse Becka.
8. What object does Mr. Hastings want Jack to move with nothing but his magic?
(a) A ball.
(b) A fencing sword.
(c) A glass.
(d) A top.
9. Why does Will quickly agree to go to Coalton County with Jack and his aunt in Chapter 2?
(a) He thinks Linda is pretty.
(b) He wants to escape family game night.
(c) He wants to stay in a hotel with a pool.
(d) He likes to help people out.
10. What is the Rules of Engagement?
(a) The bible of Warrior techniques.
(b) A manual explaning swordplay.
(c) A book that teaches war techniques.
(d) The bible of the Weir tournament.
11. Who was Jack's former girlfriend?
12. Who does Linda tell Jack are the most powerful among the weirs?
13. Whom does Linda tell Jack in Chapter 5 that he should not trust?
(a) Ellen and Leesha.
(b) Will and Fitch.
(c) Everyone, but especially Dr. Longbranch.
14. How does Linda gain entrance into the courthouse in Coal Grove?
(a) Through a back door.
(b) Through a basement door.
(c) Through a window.
(d) Through a garage door.
15. What is Mr. Hastings response when Jack asks if the power he feels when he holds Shadowslayer is coming from the sword or from within himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what happens when Hastings drives Jack home to get Shadowslayer before their practice session?
2. What does the newspaper article Jack finds in the library say about the cause of death for Susannah Downy?
3. What does Linda tell Jack is a possible reason why he was born without his crystal?
4. What does Mr. Hastings tell Jack is the first step to controlling his powers?
5. What truth does Jack learn about many of his neighbors that surprises him?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)