|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack see in the mirror Nick gives to him?
(a) Himself being sold at auction.
(b) His aunt being attacked.
(c) Himself dying in the tournament.
(d) His mother being attacked.
2. In Chapter 9, what happens when Hastings drives Jack home to get Shadowslayer before their practice session?
(a) Hastings flirts with Becka.
(b) Mercedes makes Hastings leave.
(c) Hastings is rude to Becka.
(d) Nick and Hastings argue.
3. From what war does Lee's neighbors think the 'bandits' who attacked Lee's family were remnants of?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) The Mexican War.
(c) The Revolutionary War.
(d) The Spanish-American War.
4. What is the Rules of Engagement?
(a) A manual explaning swordplay.
(b) A book that teaches war techniques.
(c) The bible of the Weir tournament.
(d) The bible of Warrior techniques.
5. Why does Will quickly agree to go to Coalton County with Jack and his aunt in Chapter 2?
(a) He thinks Linda is pretty.
(b) He wants to escape family game night.
(c) He likes to help people out.
(d) He wants to stay in a hotel with a pool.
6. What happens to the wizard following Linda into the ruins when he steps into the yard?
(a) He falls to the ground in pain.
(b) He is attacked by mythical creatures.
(c) He disappears.
(d) He dies.
7. What is Becka not good at that Jack had to take control of as a young child?
(b) Cleaning the house.
(c) Keeping a budget.
8. Who does Linda tell Jack are the most powerful among the weirs?
9. In Chapter 8, what problems does Jack point out about the Rules of Engagement?
(a) It is unclear about certain key points.
(b) It is written in a difficult language.
(c) It is inherently unfair to Wizards.
(d) It is outdated.
10. Whom does Jack notice as paying more romantic interest in him despite her boyfriend?
11. What shortage does Dr. Longbranch hope Jack's surgery might prove an end to?
(a) White Rose members.
(b) Warriors for the Games.
(d) Organ donors.
12. Who was Jack's former girlfriend?
13. What type of surgery does Jack believe Dr. Longbranch performed on him when he was an infant?
(a) Brain surgery.
(b) Heart surgery.
(c) Lung surgery.
(d) Liver surgery.
14. What does Jack consider as Nick's specialty when it comes to school subjects?
(c) English literature.
15. Why does Linda want to go to Coalton County in Chapter 2?
(a) Antique shopping.
(b) A vacation.
(c) Research for a book.
(d) Genealogy research.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, why does Jack tell Becka he has moved his medicine to the bathroom?
2. From what point of view is the novel written?
3. Sam Hadley tells Jack he is __________.
4. What caused Jack to stay up too late the night before his soccer tryouts?
5. In Chapter 10, to what does Jack attribute Ellen's ability to help him in the fight against Lobeck and his friends?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)