|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One whole room of Nick's apartment is dedicated to _____________.
(a) Model airplanes.
(d) Movie posters.
2. How long had Lee's family been on the run before returning to their home as Lee describes in the beginning of the prologue?
(a) Six months.
(b) A week.
(c) A fortnight.
(d) A month.
3. In Chapter 8, why is Jack worried about his aunt, Linda?
(a) She refuses to acknowledge the conversation they had at the diner.
(b) She has not called since their trip to Coal Grove.
(c) She seemed mad at him the last time she called.
(d) She went out with Nick several days ago and never called again.
4. In Chapter 10, what does Jack say he would like to be when he grows up?
5. In Chapter 6, why does Jack tell Becka he has moved his medicine to the bathroom?
(a) It tastes better first thing in the morning.
(b) It's more convenient to keep it with the other medicines.
(c) It will be easier to remember if he takes it before brushing his teeth.
(d) He can remember it better if he sees it first thing in the morning.
6. In Chapter 6, Nick tells Jack that ___________created his Weirbook.
7. In what year does Lee's story take place?
8. Why does Linda want to go to Coalton County in Chapter 2?
(a) Research for a book.
(b) Genealogy research.
(c) Antique shopping.
(d) A vacation.
9. What happens to the wizard following Linda into the ruins when he steps into the yard?
(a) He falls to the ground in pain.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He is attacked by mythical creatures.
(d) He dies.
10. Who comes to Jack's house to walk to school with him in Chapter 1?
11. Of what stone is Lee the only one of four children to show the telltale signs?
12. In Chapter 10, what was the final score of the championship game in soccer?
13. In Chapter 8, what problems does Jack point out about the Rules of Engagement?
(a) It is inherently unfair to Wizards.
(b) It is outdated.
(c) It is unclear about certain key points.
(d) It is written in a difficult language.
14. Whose mother is a member of the school board?
15. What explanation does Will make for Garrett slamming into the net during soccer tryouts?
(a) Fitch pushed him.
(b) He tripped.
(c) He stumbled over the ball.
(d) Jack pushed him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What truth does Jack learn about many of his neighbors that surprises him?
2. What is the occupation of Lee's father?
3. In Chapter 9, why does Hastings say he can no longer serve as Jack's opponent?
4. What is the Rules of Engagement?
5. What do Jack, Will, and Fitch do after leaving the library in Chapter 4?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)