|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people appear to be searching for Jack as he makes his way home?
2. What shortage does Dr. Longbranch hope Jack's surgery might prove an end to?
(a) White Rose members.
(c) Organ donors.
(d) Warriors for the Games.
3. What injury does Jack suffer in the championship game while contributing to the winning goal?
(a) A sprained wrist.
(b) A twisted ankle.
(c) A bruised rib.
(d) A broken toe.
4. In Chapter 6, why does Jack tell Becka he has moved his medicine to the bathroom?
(a) It tastes better first thing in the morning.
(b) It will be easier to remember if he takes it before brushing his teeth.
(c) It's more convenient to keep it with the other medicines.
(d) He can remember it better if he sees it first thing in the morning.
5. What is the name of the cafe where Will, Jack, and Fitch wait repeatedly to meet with Linda or speak to her on the phone?
(c) Golden bird.
6. Where does Jack tell Will and Fitch to run when they are confronted by the wizard at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) The hotel.
(b) The church.
(c) The car.
(d) The grave.
7. Where does Linda take Jack to tell him the secrets of his heritage?
(b) A diner.
8. Whom does Jack notice as paying more romantic interest in him despite her boyfriend?
9. What does Nick tell Jack is the main product among agents in the Trade?
(a) Fake genealogies.
(d) Fake Weir stones.
10. How does Linda gain entrance into the courthouse in Coal Grove?
(a) Through a window.
(b) Through a garage door.
(c) Through a back door.
(d) Through a basement door.
11. What stone should Dr. Longbranch have inserted in Jack during the surgery?
(a) A sorcerer stone.
(b) A warrior stone.
(c) A wizard stone.
(d) An enchanter's stone.
12. In what year does Lee's story take place?
13. Rather than attend a party, Jack decides to walk home with whom in Chapter 10?
14. What explanation does Will make for Garrett slamming into the net during soccer tryouts?
(a) Jack pushed him.
(b) He tripped.
(c) Fitch pushed him.
(d) He stumbled over the ball.
15. What does Jack realize is fairly routine for his aunt in Chapter 5?
(a) Spending money like it grows on trees.
(b) Using fake IDs, switching cars.
(c) Lying to the people who are closest to her.
(d) Trying to lose guys who want to date her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, whom does Jack discover at his house when he arrives home after his fight with Lobeck?
2. What does Jack suddenly realize about his aunt at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 8, why is Jack worried about his aunt, Linda?
4. Why does Will quickly agree to go to Coalton County with Jack and his aunt in Chapter 2?
5. What occupation was listed for Susannah Downy in the records at the courthouse in Chapter 3?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)