|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Jack to stay up too late the night before his soccer tryouts?
(b) A new book.
(c) A new video game.
(d) A movie marathon.
2. Where does Mr. Hastings take Jack in Chapter 7 for their first training session?
(a) An empty soccer field.
(b) The mountains.
(c) A fitness club.
(d) The school gym.
3. What does Hastings tell Jack to think of his opponents in the arena he has created?
(a) As a movie set.
(b) As a chess game on a larger scale.
(c) As a video game on a larger scale.
(d) As a sports tournament.
4. Of what stone is Lee the only one of four children to show the telltale signs?
5. What does Jack see in the mirror Nick gives to him?
(a) His mother being attacked.
(b) His aunt being attacked.
(c) Himself being sold at auction.
(d) Himself dying in the tournament.
6. Who once brought Linda to these ruins and told her of the tragedy that took place there?
7. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what type of fighting are Jack and Mr. Hastings participating in?
8. Who does Linda tell Jack are the most powerful among the weirs?
9. Sam Hadley tells Jack he is __________.
(a) A genealogy researcher.
(b) A historian.
(c) A college professor.
(d) An archeologist.
10. What is Mr. Hastings response when Jack asks if the power he feels when he holds Shadowslayer is coming from the sword or from within himself?
11. How does Linda gain entrance into the courthouse in Coal Grove?
(a) Through a basement door.
(b) Through a back door.
(c) Through a garage door.
(d) Through a window.
12. What happens to the wizard following Linda into the ruins when he steps into the yard?
(a) He falls to the ground in pain.
(b) He is attacked by mythical creatures.
(c) He dies.
(d) He disappears.
13. What is the name carved on the ruins Linda visits at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) L. Hastings.
(c) A. Hastens.
(d) A. Hastynges.
14. What is the cause of death listed for Susannah Downy in the courthouse records found in Chapter 3?
(a) Child birth.
15. Rather than attend a party, Jack decides to walk home with whom in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Nick tells Jack that ___________created his Weirbook.
2. From what point of view is the novel written?
3. What does Nick tell Jack is the main product among agents in the Trade?
4. What is Becka not good at that Jack had to take control of as a young child?
5. In Chapter 6, why does Jack worry that hiding his powers might become difficult?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)