|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Jack to stay up too late the night before his soccer tryouts?
(a) A new book.
(b) A movie marathon.
(c) A new video game.
2. Why does Will not want Linda to drop him off at his house at the end of the weekend?
(a) He wants to avoid his many younger siblings.
(b) He is afraid his parents are angry with him.
(c) He wants to spend more time with Linda.
(d) There is still mulch to be spread.
3. In Chapter 8, why is Jack worried about his aunt, Linda?
(a) She has not called since their trip to Coal Grove.
(b) She went out with Nick several days ago and never called again.
(c) She seemed mad at him the last time she called.
(d) She refuses to acknowledge the conversation they had at the diner.
4. In what year does Lee's story take place?
5. Whom does Linda tell Jack in Chapter 5 that he should not trust?
(a) Everyone, but especially Dr. Longbranch.
(c) Ellen and Leesha.
(d) Will and Fitch.
6. In Chapter 10, to what does Jack attribute Ellen's ability to help him in the fight against Lobeck and his friends?
(a) Boxing training.
(d) Soccer training.
7. What is Becka not good at that Jack had to take control of as a young child?
(c) Keeping a budget.
(d) Cleaning the house.
8. Why does Will quickly agree to go to Coalton County with Jack and his aunt in Chapter 2?
(a) He wants to escape family game night.
(b) He wants to stay in a hotel with a pool.
(c) He likes to help people out.
(d) He thinks Linda is pretty.
9. What does Jack see in the mirror Nick gives to him?
(a) Himself dying in the tournament.
(b) Himself being sold at auction.
(c) His mother being attacked.
(d) His aunt being attacked.
10. Who does Linda tell Jack are the most powerful among the weirs?
11. What does Linda tell Jack he will find at Susannah's grave?
(a) A treasure box.
(b) A weapon.
(c) A diary.
(d) A Weirbook.
12. When Jack gets the vest from Mercedes, what other gift from Mercedes does it remind him of?
(a) A baby blanket.
(b) A pair of baby booties.
(c) A favorite teddy bear.
(d) A childhood sweater.
13. What is the name of the cafe where Will, Jack, and Fitch wait repeatedly to meet with Linda or speak to her on the phone?
(c) Golden bird.
14. What shortage does Dr. Longbranch hope Jack's surgery might prove an end to?
(a) White Rose members.
(c) Organ donors.
(d) Warriors for the Games.
15. How does Linda gain entrance into the courthouse in Coal Grove?
(a) Through a garage door.
(b) Through a window.
(c) Through a basement door.
(d) Through a back door.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does Jack think his training is leading him toward?
2. In Chapter 9, what happens when Hastings drives Jack home to get Shadowslayer before their practice session?
3. Who once brought Linda to these ruins and told her of the tragedy that took place there?
4. What truth does Jack learn about many of his neighbors that surprises him?
5. Who is with Becka in the kitchen when Jack awakes in Chapter 2?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)