|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jack tell Will and Fitch to run when they are confronted by the wizard at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) The grave.
(b) The hotel.
(c) The church.
(d) The car.
2. What shortage does Dr. Longbranch hope Jack's surgery might prove an end to?
(b) White Rose members.
(c) Organ donors.
(d) Warriors for the Games.
3. Linda tells everyone her job is _______________.
(a) Painting portraits.
(b) Selling real estate.
(c) Selling art.
(d) Selling antiques.
4. When Jack gets the vest from Mercedes, what other gift from Mercedes does it remind him of?
(a) A favorite teddy bear.
(b) A pair of baby booties.
(c) A baby blanket.
(d) A childhood sweater.
5. In Chapter 8, why is Jack worried about his aunt, Linda?
(a) She seemed mad at him the last time she called.
(b) She went out with Nick several days ago and never called again.
(c) She has not called since their trip to Coal Grove.
(d) She refuses to acknowledge the conversation they had at the diner.
6. According to Hastings, who are the people that he conjures up with his charms for Jack to practice against?
(a) Figments of his imagination.
(b) Champions from the past, long dead.
(c) Spirits from the Netherland.
(d) Ghosts from the local cemeteries.
7. What is Becka not good at that Jack had to take control of as a young child?
(c) Cleaning the house.
(d) Keeping a budget.
8. Rather than attend a party, Jack decides to walk home with whom in Chapter 10?
9. What type of surgery does Jack believe Dr. Longbranch performed on him when he was an infant?
(a) Brain surgery.
(b) Lung surgery.
(c) Heart surgery.
(d) Liver surgery.
10. In Chapter 6, why does Jack tell Becka he has moved his medicine to the bathroom?
(a) It's more convenient to keep it with the other medicines.
(b) It will be easier to remember if he takes it before brushing his teeth.
(c) He can remember it better if he sees it first thing in the morning.
(d) It tastes better first thing in the morning.
11. In Chapter 9, what happens when Hastings drives Jack home to get Shadowslayer before their practice session?
(a) Hastings is rude to Becka.
(b) Mercedes makes Hastings leave.
(c) Nick and Hastings argue.
(d) Hastings flirts with Becka.
12. What injury does Jack suffer in the championship game while contributing to the winning goal?
(a) A bruised rib.
(b) A twisted ankle.
(c) A sprained wrist.
(d) A broken toe.
13. Where did Dr. Longbranch get the stone that she implanted in Jack?
(a) From a distant relative of Jack's.
(b) A warrior who died in the Games.
(c) A White Rose warrior killed by Red Rose agents.
(d) From Jack's father.
14. Where does Linda take Jack to tell him the secrets of his heritage?
(d) A diner.
15. What is the name of the wizard who follows Linda to the ruins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation does Will make for Garrett slamming into the net during soccer tryouts?
2. What does Jack suddenly realize about his aunt at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 9, why does Hastings say he can no longer serve as Jack's opponent?
4. In Chapter 10, what does Jack say he would like to be when he grows up?
5. What is the name carved on the ruins Linda visits at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)