|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Linda gain entrance into the courthouse in Coal Grove?
(a) Through a window.
(b) Through a garage door.
(c) Through a back door.
(d) Through a basement door.
2. Where did Dr. Longbranch get the stone that she implanted in Jack?
(a) A White Rose warrior killed by Red Rose agents.
(b) From Jack's father.
(c) A warrior who died in the Games.
(d) From a distant relative of Jack's.
3. Who once brought Linda to these ruins and told her of the tragedy that took place there?
4. In Chapter 10, what does Jack say he would like to be when he grows up?
5. From what point of view is the novel written?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) First person.
(d) Authorial voice.
6. When Jack gets the vest from Mercedes, what other gift from Mercedes does it remind him of?
(a) A baby blanket.
(b) A pair of baby booties.
(c) A favorite teddy bear.
(d) A childhood sweater.
7. What does Nick call Leander Hastings?
(a) A Sorcerer, one who can use spells to get his way.
(b) A rogue Warrior, meaning he does not follow the rules.
(c) An International Criminal, wanted by all the weirs for crimes against the Rules of Engagement.
(d) A Master, one who knows many magical arts.
8. What truth does Jack learn about many of his neighbors that surprises him?
(a) They are all warriors.
(b) They are all normal people who just care about him.
(c) They are all wizards.
(d) Many of them are either weir or know about the guilds.
9. What is the cause of death listed for Susannah Downy in the courthouse records found in Chapter 3?
(a) Child birth.
10. What does Linda tell Jack he will find at Susannah's grave?
(a) A Weirbook.
(b) A weapon.
(c) A diary.
(d) A treasure box.
11. What does Mr. Hastings tell Jack is the first step to controlling his powers?
12. Why does Will quickly agree to go to Coalton County with Jack and his aunt in Chapter 2?
(a) He likes to help people out.
(b) He thinks Linda is pretty.
(c) He wants to escape family game night.
(d) He wants to stay in a hotel with a pool.
13. Whom does Jack notice as paying more romantic interest in him despite her boyfriend?
14. In Chapter 9, what does Jack think his training is leading him toward?
(a) To protect himself from kidnappers.
(b) Some kind of challenge.
(c) Greater understanding of Weir.
(d) To protect his aunt from wizards.
15. What is the name of the wizard who follows Linda to the ruins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of surgery does Jack believe Dr. Longbranch performed on him when he was an infant?
2. What happens to the wizard following Linda into the ruins when he steps into the yard?
3. What is Becka not good at that Jack had to take control of as a young child?
4. In Chapter 10, to what does Jack attribute Ellen's ability to help him in the fight against Lobeck and his friends?
5. From what war does Lee's neighbors think the 'bandits' who attacked Lee's family were remnants of?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)