|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, why does Hastings say he can no longer serve as Jack's opponent?
(a) Jack needs to learn what it feels like to kill.
(b) Jack is now using Shadowslayer.
(c) Jack has gotten too strong for him.
(d) Jack has gotten too good for his skills.
2. What object does Mr. Hastings want Jack to move with nothing but his magic?
(a) A ball.
(b) A glass.
(c) A top.
(d) A fencing sword.
3. Who is with Becka in the kitchen when Jack awakes in Chapter 2?
4. What is the name of the wizard who follows Linda to the ruins?
5. Where was Carrie hiding when Lee found her?
(a) The basement.
(b) The barn.
(c) The root cellar.
(d) The attic.
6. In Chapter 10, what does Jack say he would like to be when he grows up?
7. How long had Lee's family been on the run before returning to their home as Lee describes in the beginning of the prologue?
(a) A fortnight.
(b) A month.
(c) Six months.
(d) A week.
8. Why does Linda want to go to Coalton County in Chapter 2?
(a) Research for a book.
(b) A vacation.
(c) Genealogy research.
(d) Antique shopping.
9. What explanation does Will make for Garrett slamming into the net during soccer tryouts?
(a) He tripped.
(b) Jack pushed him.
(c) Fitch pushed him.
(d) He stumbled over the ball.
10. In Chapter 6, why does Jack tell Becka he has moved his medicine to the bathroom?
(a) It tastes better first thing in the morning.
(b) It will be easier to remember if he takes it before brushing his teeth.
(c) It's more convenient to keep it with the other medicines.
(d) He can remember it better if he sees it first thing in the morning.
11. From what war does Lee's neighbors think the 'bandits' who attacked Lee's family were remnants of?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) The Mexican War.
(c) The Revolutionary War.
(d) The Spanish-American War.
12. What is Mr. Hastings response when Jack asks if the power he feels when he holds Shadowslayer is coming from the sword or from within himself?
13. What does Jack realize is fairly routine for his aunt in Chapter 5?
(a) Using fake IDs, switching cars.
(b) Lying to the people who are closest to her.
(c) Trying to lose guys who want to date her.
(d) Spending money like it grows on trees.
14. Why does Will quickly agree to go to Coalton County with Jack and his aunt in Chapter 2?
(a) He wants to stay in a hotel with a pool.
(b) He thinks Linda is pretty.
(c) He likes to help people out.
(d) He wants to escape family game night.
15. Who comes to Jack's house to walk to school with him in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Longbranch want to take baby Jack with her to England in the prologue?
2. What is Dr. Longbranch's stone?
3. Where did Dr. Longbranch get the stone that she implanted in Jack?
4. What is the Rules of Engagement?
5. What do Jack, Will, and Fitch do after leaving the library in Chapter 4?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)