|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name carved on the ruins Linda visits at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) A. Hastynges.
(b) L. Hastings.
(c) A. Hastens.
2. In Chapter 6, what damage does Longbranch notice in Wylie's face when he arrives for a dinner party?
(a) Bruising around his eyes.
(b) A cut on his cheek.
(c) A burn along the right side.
(d) A broken nose.
3. What class do Jack and Ellen discuss in homeroom in Chapter 1?
4. What is different about Susannah's grave as compared to the graves around it?
(a) Susannah's is stuck off by itself.
(b) Susannah's is the only one without a stone.
(c) Susannah's is overgrown while the others are well tended.
(d) Susannah's grave is well tended where the others have become overgrown with weeds.
5. In Chapter 9, why does Hastings say he can no longer serve as Jack's opponent?
(a) Jack has gotten too good for his skills.
(b) Jack has gotten too strong for him.
(c) Jack needs to learn what it feels like to kill.
(d) Jack is now using Shadowslayer.
6. What occupation was listed for Susannah Downy in the records at the courthouse in Chapter 3?
(a) Merchant's wife.
(c) Farmer's wife.
7. In Chapter 6, why does Jack tell Becka he has moved his medicine to the bathroom?
(a) It will be easier to remember if he takes it before brushing his teeth.
(b) He can remember it better if he sees it first thing in the morning.
(c) It's more convenient to keep it with the other medicines.
(d) It tastes better first thing in the morning.
8. Where does Mr. Hastings take Jack in Chapter 7 for their first training session?
(a) The school gym.
(b) A fitness club.
(c) An empty soccer field.
(d) The mountains.
9. Who comes to Jack's house to walk to school with him in Chapter 1?
10. What do Jack, Will, and Fitch do after leaving the library in Chapter 4?
(a) Go shopping for supplies.
(b) Go to have lunch.
(c) Go to find Linda.
(d) Go back to the hotel to swim.
11. Who does Linda say can be the only one to open the object Jack is to find at Susannah's grave?
(a) Only Fitch.
(b) Will or Fitch.
(c) Only Will.
(d) Only Jack.
12. Who was Jack's former girlfriend?
13. What does Fitch find odd about the man who attacked them in the courthouse in Chapter 3?
(a) He carried a sword.
(b) He would risk damaging the records.
(c) He did not set off any alarms.
(d) He was calm.
14. What does Mr. Hastings tell Jack is the first step to controlling his powers?
15. In what year does Lee's story take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the wizard who follows Linda to the ruins?
2. What does Linda tell Jack he will find at Susannah's grave?
3. From what war does Lee's neighbors think the 'bandits' who attacked Lee's family were remnants of?
4. What happens to the wizard following Linda into the ruins when he steps into the yard?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what type of fighting are Jack and Mr. Hastings participating in?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)