|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stone should Dr. Longbranch have inserted in Jack during the surgery?
(a) A sorcerer stone.
(b) A warrior stone.
(c) An enchanter's stone.
(d) A wizard stone.
2. Who is with Becka in the kitchen when Jack awakes in Chapter 2?
3. How many people appear to be searching for Jack as he makes his way home?
4. What is Mr. Hastings response when Jack asks if the power he feels when he holds Shadowslayer is coming from the sword or from within himself?
5. What does Fitch find odd about the man who attacked them in the courthouse in Chapter 3?
(a) He did not set off any alarms.
(b) He would risk damaging the records.
(c) He carried a sword.
(d) He was calm.
6. In Chapter 9, what does Jack think his training is leading him toward?
(a) To protect himself from kidnappers.
(b) Greater understanding of Weir.
(c) Some kind of challenge.
(d) To protect his aunt from wizards.
7. What reason does Mr. Hastings give Jack for coming to Ohio from New York?
(a) He could not refuse Becka.
(b) He wanted to become a teacher.
(c) He could not say no to Linda.
(d) He wanted to meet the warrior that should have been a wizard.
8. What does Mr. Hastings tell Jack is the first step to controlling his powers?
9. In Chapter 10, what was the final score of the championship game in soccer?
10. What object does Mr. Hastings want Jack to move with nothing but his magic?
(a) A ball.
(b) A fencing sword.
(c) A top.
(d) A glass.
11. What does Linda tell Jack he will find at Susannah's grave?
(a) A weapon.
(b) A diary.
(c) A treasure box.
(d) A Weirbook.
12. What happens to the wizard following Linda into the ruins when he steps into the yard?
(a) He is attacked by mythical creatures.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He falls to the ground in pain.
(d) He dies.
13. What is the name carved on the ruins Linda visits at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(b) A. Hastens.
(c) A. Hastynges.
(d) L. Hastings.
14. How long had Lee's family been on the run before returning to their home as Lee describes in the beginning of the prologue?
(a) A fortnight.
(b) Six months.
(c) A week.
(d) A month.
15. Whom does Jack notice as paying more romantic interest in him despite her boyfriend?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what war does Lee's neighbors think the 'bandits' who attacked Lee's family were remnants of?
2. Who does Linda say can be the only one to open the object Jack is to find at Susannah's grave?
3. Rather than attend a party, Jack decides to walk home with whom in Chapter 10?
4. What type of surgery does Jack believe Dr. Longbranch performed on him when he was an infant?
5. What injury does Jack suffer in the championship game while contributing to the winning goal?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)