|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what type of fighting are Jack and Mr. Hastings participating in?
2. Who is with Becka in the kitchen when Jack awakes in Chapter 2?
3. Whose mother is a member of the school board?
4. Why does Will not want Linda to drop him off at his house at the end of the weekend?
(a) He wants to spend more time with Linda.
(b) He is afraid his parents are angry with him.
(c) There is still mulch to be spread.
(d) He wants to avoid his many younger siblings.
5. In Chapter 8, why is Jack worried about his aunt, Linda?
(a) She has not called since their trip to Coal Grove.
(b) She refuses to acknowledge the conversation they had at the diner.
(c) She went out with Nick several days ago and never called again.
(d) She seemed mad at him the last time she called.
6. What is the Rules of Engagement?
(a) A manual explaning swordplay.
(b) The bible of the Weir tournament.
(c) A book that teaches war techniques.
(d) The bible of Warrior techniques.
7. Of what stone is Lee the only one of four children to show the telltale signs?
8. Who once brought Linda to these ruins and told her of the tragedy that took place there?
9. What does Jack consider as Nick's specialty when it comes to school subjects?
(a) English literature.
10. How does Linda gain entrance into the courthouse in Coal Grove?
(a) Through a basement door.
(b) Through a garage door.
(c) Through a back door.
(d) Through a window.
11. Where does Linda take Jack to tell him the secrets of his heritage?
(b) A diner.
12. What class do Jack and Ellen discuss in homeroom in Chapter 1?
13. Where does Jack tell Will and Fitch to run when they are confronted by the wizard at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) The hotel.
(b) The car.
(c) The grave.
(d) The church.
14. From what point of view is the novel written?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) Third person limited.
(c) Authorial voice.
(d) First person.
15. What injury does Jack suffer in the championship game while contributing to the winning goal?
(a) A bruised rib.
(b) A twisted ankle.
(c) A broken toe.
(d) A sprained wrist.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what was the final score of the championship game in soccer?
2. Who was Jack's former girlfriend?
3. In Chapter 10, what does Jack say he would like to be when he grows up?
4. What is the cause of death listed for Susannah Downy in the courthouse records found in Chapter 3?
5. Who does Linda tell Jack are the most powerful among the weirs?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)