|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linda tell Jack is a possible reason why he was born without his crystal?
(a) The spell of a wizard.
(b) His father's family history.
(c) A simple birth defect.
(d) Mixed blood.
2. What is Mr. Hastings response when Jack asks if the power he feels when he holds Shadowslayer is coming from the sword or from within himself?
3. Who comes to Jack's house to walk to school with him in Chapter 1?
4. What injury does Jack suffer in the championship game while contributing to the winning goal?
(a) A broken toe.
(b) A twisted ankle.
(c) A sprained wrist.
(d) A bruised rib.
5. In Chapter 9, why does Hastings say he can no longer serve as Jack's opponent?
(a) Jack has gotten too good for his skills.
(b) Jack has gotten too strong for him.
(c) Jack is now using Shadowslayer.
(d) Jack needs to learn what it feels like to kill.
6. In Chapter 6, why does Jack worry that hiding his powers might become difficult?
(a) They create great lights from his fingers.
(b) They cause him to lose control of his limbs.
(c) They make his arm muscles grow extremely large overnight.
(d) They tend to manifest during soccer play.
7. What does Jack suddenly realize about his aunt at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) She is his real mother.
(b) She is an enchanter.
(c) She is lying to him.
(d) She is a warrior.
8. What does Nick tell Jack is the main product among agents in the Trade?
(a) Fake Weir stones.
(c) Fake genealogies.
9. What truth does Jack learn about many of his neighbors that surprises him?
(a) They are all warriors.
(b) Many of them are either weir or know about the guilds.
(c) They are all normal people who just care about him.
(d) They are all wizards.
10. How does Linda gain entrance into the courthouse in Coal Grove?
(a) Through a basement door.
(b) Through a window.
(c) Through a back door.
(d) Through a garage door.
11. What is Dr. Longbranch's stone?
12. What does Mr. Hastings tell Jack is the first step to controlling his powers?
13. From what war does Lee's neighbors think the 'bandits' who attacked Lee's family were remnants of?
(a) The Mexican War.
(b) The Revolutionary War.
(c) The Spanish-American War.
(d) The Civil War.
14. In Chapter 8, why is Jack worried about his aunt, Linda?
(a) She refuses to acknowledge the conversation they had at the diner.
(b) She seemed mad at him the last time she called.
(c) She went out with Nick several days ago and never called again.
(d) She has not called since their trip to Coal Grove.
15. What does Fitch find odd about the man who attacked them in the courthouse in Chapter 3?
(a) He was calm.
(b) He carried a sword.
(c) He did not set off any alarms.
(d) He would risk damaging the records.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, whom does Jack discover at his house when he arrives home after his fight with Lobeck?
2. What will be Leander Hastings' primary job at Trinity High School?
3. Whom does Linda tell Jack in Chapter 5 that he should not trust?
4. What does Hastings tell Jack to think of his opponents in the arena he has created?
5. In Chapter 9, what does Jack think his training is leading him toward?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)