|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation was listed for Susannah Downy in the records at the courthouse in Chapter 3?
(a) Merchant's wife.
(d) Farmer's wife.
2. Who does Linda tell Jack are the most powerful among the weirs?
3. What does the newspaper article Jack finds in the library say about the cause of death for Susannah Downy?
(a) Crush injuries from a horse.
(b) A gash to the chest.
(c) A gun wound.
(d) A broken neck.
4. Who suggests in Chapter 3 that Linda separate from the boys in Coal Grove to draw off the strange attacker?
5. What does Jack see in the mirror Nick gives to him?
(a) His mother being attacked.
(b) His aunt being attacked.
(c) Himself being sold at auction.
(d) Himself dying in the tournament.
6. What do Jack, Will, and Fitch do after leaving the library in Chapter 4?
(a) Go to have lunch.
(b) Go to find Linda.
(c) Go back to the hotel to swim.
(d) Go shopping for supplies.
7. Who was Jack's former girlfriend?
8. What happens to the wizard following Linda into the ruins when he steps into the yard?
(a) He is attacked by mythical creatures.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He falls to the ground in pain.
(d) He dies.
9. In Chapter 6, why does Jack worry that hiding his powers might become difficult?
(a) They cause him to lose control of his limbs.
(b) They create great lights from his fingers.
(c) They tend to manifest during soccer play.
(d) They make his arm muscles grow extremely large overnight.
10. Who is with Becka in the kitchen when Jack awakes in Chapter 2?
11. What explanation does Will make for Garrett slamming into the net during soccer tryouts?
(a) Jack pushed him.
(b) Fitch pushed him.
(c) He stumbled over the ball.
(d) He tripped.
12. What does Jack suddenly realize about his aunt at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) She is his real mother.
(b) She is a warrior.
(c) She is an enchanter.
(d) She is lying to him.
13. Whom does Jack notice as paying more romantic interest in him despite her boyfriend?
14. What is the name carved on the ruins Linda visits at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) A. Hastynges.
(b) L. Hastings.
(d) A. Hastens.
15. What type of surgery does Jack believe Dr. Longbranch performed on him when he was an infant?
(a) Brain surgery.
(b) Heart surgery.
(c) Liver surgery.
(d) Lung surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause of death listed for Susannah Downy in the courthouse records found in Chapter 3?
2. What is different about Susannah's grave as compared to the graves around it?
3. Why does Dr. Longbranch want to take baby Jack with her to England in the prologue?
4. Where does Linda take Jack to tell him the secrets of his heritage?
5. In what year does Lee's story take place?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)