|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, why does Hastings say he can no longer serve as Jack's opponent?
(a) Jack needs to learn what it feels like to kill.
(b) Jack has gotten too good for his skills.
(c) Jack is now using Shadowslayer.
(d) Jack has gotten too strong for him.
2. What does Mr. Hastings tell Jack is the first step to controlling his powers?
3. In Chapter 6, what damage does Longbranch notice in Wylie's face when he arrives for a dinner party?
(a) A burn along the right side.
(b) Bruising around his eyes.
(c) A broken nose.
(d) A cut on his cheek.
4. What does Linda tell Jack is a possible reason why he was born without his crystal?
(a) A simple birth defect.
(b) His father's family history.
(c) The spell of a wizard.
(d) Mixed blood.
5. In Chapter 10, what was the final score of the championship game in soccer?
6. What is Becka not good at that Jack had to take control of as a young child?
(a) Keeping a budget.
(d) Cleaning the house.
7. Who was Jack's former girlfriend?
8. Why does Will not want Linda to drop him off at his house at the end of the weekend?
(a) He wants to avoid his many younger siblings.
(b) He is afraid his parents are angry with him.
(c) There is still mulch to be spread.
(d) He wants to spend more time with Linda.
9. From what war does Lee's neighbors think the 'bandits' who attacked Lee's family were remnants of?
(a) The Revolutionary War.
(b) The Spanish-American War.
(c) The Mexican War.
(d) The Civil War.
10. In Chapter 8, what problems does Jack point out about the Rules of Engagement?
(a) It is written in a difficult language.
(b) It is unclear about certain key points.
(c) It is outdated.
(d) It is inherently unfair to Wizards.
11. In Chapter 10, to what does Jack attribute Ellen's ability to help him in the fight against Lobeck and his friends?
(c) Soccer training.
(d) Boxing training.
12. Whom does Jack notice as paying more romantic interest in him despite her boyfriend?
13. What does Jack see in the mirror Nick gives to him?
(a) Himself dying in the tournament.
(b) His aunt being attacked.
(c) Himself being sold at auction.
(d) His mother being attacked.
14. What does Linda tell Jack he will find at Susannah's grave?
(a) A diary.
(b) A treasure box.
(c) A Weirbook.
(d) A weapon.
15. Where does Linda take Jack to tell him the secrets of his heritage?
(c) A diner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Hastings take Jack in Chapter 7 for their first training session?
2. In Chapter 6, Nick tells Jack that ___________created his Weirbook.
3. What is the occupation of Lee's father?
4. What will be Leander Hastings' primary job at Trinity High School?
5. Sam Hadley tells Jack he is __________.
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)