|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nick call Leander Hastings?
(a) A Sorcerer, one who can use spells to get his way.
(b) An International Criminal, wanted by all the weirs for crimes against the Rules of Engagement.
(c) A Master, one who knows many magical arts.
(d) A rogue Warrior, meaning he does not follow the rules.
2. Who does Linda tell Jack are the most powerful among the weirs?
3. What will be Leander Hastings' primary job at Trinity High School?
(a) Extra curricular activity coordinator.
(b) Disipline and attendance.
(d) Sports director.
4. How many people appear to be searching for Jack as he makes his way home?
5. What occupation was listed for Susannah Downy in the records at the courthouse in Chapter 3?
(a) Farmer's wife.
(c) Merchant's wife.
6. What injury does Jack suffer in the championship game while contributing to the winning goal?
(a) A twisted ankle.
(b) A bruised rib.
(c) A sprained wrist.
(d) A broken toe.
7. When Jack gets the vest from Mercedes, what other gift from Mercedes does it remind him of?
(a) A pair of baby booties.
(b) A childhood sweater.
(c) A baby blanket.
(d) A favorite teddy bear.
8. What is the Rules of Engagement?
(a) A manual explaning swordplay.
(b) A book that teaches war techniques.
(c) The bible of Warrior techniques.
(d) The bible of the Weir tournament.
9. What does Jack consider as Nick's specialty when it comes to school subjects?
(d) English literature.
10. What does Jack see in the mirror Nick gives to him?
(a) Himself being sold at auction.
(b) Himself dying in the tournament.
(c) His aunt being attacked.
(d) His mother being attacked.
11. What happens to the wizard following Linda into the ruins when he steps into the yard?
(a) He dies.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He is attacked by mythical creatures.
(d) He falls to the ground in pain.
12. According to Hastings, who are the people that he conjures up with his charms for Jack to practice against?
(a) Ghosts from the local cemeteries.
(b) Spirits from the Netherland.
(c) Champions from the past, long dead.
(d) Figments of his imagination.
13. What is different about Susannah's grave as compared to the graves around it?
(a) Susannah's grave is well tended where the others have become overgrown with weeds.
(b) Susannah's is overgrown while the others are well tended.
(c) Susannah's is the only one without a stone.
(d) Susannah's is stuck off by itself.
14. What does Mr. Hastings tell Jack is the first step to controlling his powers?
15. What truth does Jack learn about many of his neighbors that surprises him?
(a) They are all wizards.
(b) Many of them are either weir or know about the guilds.
(c) They are all warriors.
(d) They are all normal people who just care about him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, why is Jack worried about his aunt, Linda?
2. Why does Jack believe in Chapter 3 that Linda did not ask him to drive?
3. What do the two strangers steal from the soccer coach at the end of Chapter 1?
4. In Chapter 9, what does Jack think his training is leading him toward?
5. What does Nick tell Jack is the main product among agents in the Trade?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)